» «
Photo

GTAForums Weekly

243 replies to this topic
Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:14 AM Edited by shiva s, 11 November 2012 - 10:31 AM.

user posted image

Welcome! GTAForums Weekly will focus on everything happening around GTAForums. Thanks to Girish for giving the full authorisation. This was originally started by Gamesguru known as GTAF Newsletter. Since, he's not interested in continuation of his newsletter, he asked me to start my own. The GTAForums Weekly is a weekly news publication exclusively distributed to those who are members of the forums and subscribers of the GTAForums Weekly. There will be one issue each week. We will try our best to publish the issues every weekend. Issues will be published in the topic itself.

Subscribing is pretty easy. Just drop us a line in this topic. Subscribers are also eligible to unsubscribe, again just drop us a line. However, it must be noted that if you subscribe on or after the release of the latest issues, you may not receive said issue until you ask for it. Any feedback/suggestions/critics are always welcome. They mean a lot to us. I hope, I can keep you all entertained every week with the issues. I'd once again like to thank Girish, the team and all the readers.
The Team!
shiva sEditor/ Publisher
AndrewPublisher
Arsen Vitiuk The GTA Addiction
bammargera Mod of the Week
TheGreatGig23 (Retired)Music of the Week/ Proof Reader
bud23 Rockstar Central
Greenline What's Happening in GTAForums?
Lzw3 GTA V News
Pandazoot A View From The OGA
PrometheusX Consultant

Issues
[center]Issue#1
Issue #2
Issue #3
Issue #4
Issue #5
Issue #6
Issue #7
Issue #8
Issue #9
Issue #10
Issue #11
Credits
Girish
The Team
Narcis_speed6
Miromiro
Gamesguru (Much creditz to you)
AndyGanteks (For the inspiration)
Contributing members
Subscribed Readers
Readers
Our Partners!

user posted image

Have this as your signature if you loved the issues of GTAF Weekly. It'd increase our readers base.

user posted image
CODE
[URL=http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=522419][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/W4FxK.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

user posted image
CODE
[URL=http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=522419][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/l9u7E.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Johnny_Cash1983
  • Johnny_Cash1983

CopKilla

• Members

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:34 AM Edited by Johnny_Cash1983, 25 August 2012 - 01:28 PM.

Thanks man.

Triple Penetration
  • Triple Penetration

Box ♡ Out

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:36 AM

Great idea although this has been done before (not complaining, as this should be more active).

But don't you think weekly news would be too much? If I'd do it, then it would come out only once a month or so. But it's all your choice and it's better for readers if it comes out more often, as long as it is not rushed.

Linc.
  • Linc.

16 5 5

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:51 AM Edited by lzw3, 25 August 2012 - 11:59 AM.

<Edited Out My Report>

Read below to view GTA V Subforum report. icon14.gif

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:53 AM Edited by shiva s, 25 August 2012 - 12:38 PM.

Issue #1

user posted image

Sorry for keeping you all waiting. Anyway, Welcome to the first issue of the GTAForums Weekly. Lot of people are registering in GTAForums and now there are more than 460,000 registered users. More than 500 users are active in the V forums after Rockstar released new screenshots of the much awaited GTA V. Congratulations to Attorney General for becoming a Global Moderator. Also, congratulations to LotuRIP who is one month away from his wedding.

What's Happening in General Chat?

A lot of things is going on General Chat lately. Miromiro's GTANetwork-Newbies Guide got pinned but it was unpinned after a while for some unknown reasons. New topics were created. Some were even locked. On August 19, ilir opened a new topic wishing the muslim members "Eid-ul-Fir". Some people were confused and wondered what it is actually. This confusion turned out into a huge argument. No one knows what caused the argument. Finally, Waddy locked it to put an end to the arguments. There was also a topic called 'Commom things' opened by Ferocious Banger. But, it got locked as well due to some unknown reasons.
Two members namely Jimmy_leppard and Ferocious Bagnger opened 2k and 1k milestone threads respectively. Iminicus opened a thread last week. It's about the donations to build a museum to one of the great scientist Nikola Tesla. If you'd like to donate, please visit this thread for more details.

[b] What's Happening in GTA V Forums?

This week has been a big week in the GTA V forum, with the release of six new screenshots within two days (which can be found here) and Max Payne 3 marketing winding up on August 31st. With all the hype coming back there's been a huge influx of new threads regarding topics such as graphics, radio, theme parks and even whether tennis will or won't be a mini-game.

Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian's 'GTA V Will Be Released Before March' thread (which can be found here also continues to be highly active, with more and more theories arising about the financial stakes of Take Two Interactive and whether or whether not it is even possible for the game to be released then. It is certain that this must be one of the most detailed and well thought-out threads in the forum.

With four of the six new screenshots that contain a vehicle the GTA V Vehicle Database (which can be found here) has again been updated by the thread creator LCstuntman. Thumbs up to him for putting the effort into that.

LethalCrizzle's thread regarding what the next screenshots will be (that can be found here) is another thread that continues to grow in size. Things that people want to see include, cars, boats, animals and even weather.

A brand new sub-forum has also been added to the GTA V forum. It is called "Official News" and can be found here. It is strictly for official news straight from the Rockstar Games Newswire. At time of writing there is still only 12 threads, but with GTA V marketing beginning next week this number is subject to increase dramatically.

It's been a big week in the GTA V forum. Next week is shaping up to be even bigger...
Source: lzw3

What's Happening in the GFX Requests?

Well, a lot of requests are made and a lot of good GFX artists are working hard to finish the requests. People who request for GFX there have started following the rules and regulations after the Rules thread was opened. SOTW #40 Entry thread is now opened in the Visual Arts Section. The theme is GTA San Andreas. The winner of the last week's SOTW is DneroJohnson. The team would like to congratulate him.

DYOM Contest-#6

Design your Own Mission is an award winning mod created by Dutchy3010 and PatrickW . They are now hosting DYOM Contest #6 in the DYOM: SUPPORT sub-forums. If you'd like to participate, please visit this thread for more details.

What's Happening in the Chain Game Lounge?

People are taking turns and keeping the San Andreas Chain Game alive. GTA IV Chain Game has become dead. Only few people are playing III and Vice City Game. You can drop in there and call for a turn anytime. Make sure, you read the rules and regulations first!
Source: Miromiro

Advertisements

user posted image
GTANetwork - Newbie's Guide

Want to learn about BB Codes quickly? Want to know more about this forums? Want to know about the staffs and members in this forums? Want to know about the Gangs operating in this forums?
You can simply find all your answers in this guide. This awesome guide was created by miromiro on December 30 2010. This guide earned Miromiro a good name from the mods as well as the moderators. Miro is updating this guide every month. He has put a lot of effort in making this guide and you can always show your appericiation by posting in his guide.
Since this is the first issue, there's only one advertisement. If you want your mod/topic/tutorial/guide to be advertised, feel free to send me a PM and it will be published in the next issue. MAKE SURE IT IS RELATED TO GTAFORUMS!

Did you know?
  • ..there's gonna be GTANet v2 around 2091!
  • ..Ryan won the "Best Area Moderator" Award in GTANet Annual Awards 2011
  • ..there's a thread called Sig Re-Enable Rquest thread where you can request your disabled signature to be enabled
Mod of the Week
Name: GTA III Rage Classic
Author: Garju67
Category: Total Conversion
Description:GTA III Classic is a complete conversion of GTA III with original contents (models, textures etc) into GTA IV using the Rockstar Advanced Game Engine. This mod will also feature GTA III's cars, traffic, weapons and much more.
This mod got good responses from many people at first. However, the thread is now locked according to the OP's request.
Link:: http://gtaforums.com...howtopic=512296

Topics of the Week
New Epsilon Program Twitter Found
Well, excited by the word 'Epsilon', eh? This topic was started by T777 in V forums on Aug 1 2012. It's about the return of Epsilon program in GTA V. Though, it is not officialy confirmed, people are already having pretty serious discussion there. You can join the discussion if you want.

ROckstar releases 3 new screens!
This topic was made by rickbro on August 20 and the thread and withinh a few minutes, the thread has almost reached 500+ posts the same day. Thanks to rickbro was sharing the screenshots. The screenshots are official ones.

JUSTICE IN FLAMES!
Justice in Flames is an award winning action packed story created by Mokrie Della. It's a sequel to his previous CITY OF LIES story. Well, Mokrie has been getting a lot of feedbacks in his topic lately. He's also updating it with new chapters and he seems to get more and more feedbacks.
He has also created a PDF of his "City of Lies" story. You can find the download link in that topic.

ENB Screenshots Thread
For the past few weeks, many members are posting more and more screenshots in this topic and this thread is very active. The thread has almost reached 442 pages. If you have any ENB Screenshots, feel free to show them in the topic. Make sure you read the rules first.

Top Posters of the Week

ccrogers15
theworldfamous
Ferocious Banger
Carl CJ Johnsons Brother BRian

Banned users of the Week
This list is too hard to maintain but I tried my best to keep in track with the banned users of this week
  • GTAVBETA
  • IDontGiveup
  • Hey Babe
  • Rockstar James
  • 753dfx
  • Hugh Lee
  • nedluke
  • loyareeplauff
  • CaptainXAmerica
  • geinimy
  • 2ndComing
  • five hour energy
  • Realityisnotliving
  • Balls Greasy
  • seriousgtafan
  • TaddytheGreat
  • BestWeekofMyLifeGTAV
  • Milkmypackage
  • RSDFxWakazashi
  • CROOKERxCOP
  • grope_4_that_date (Not original grope_4_that_date)
  • But8ocksImplant
  • IJustSHotMyMomDownWithSperm
  • UpTowns
  • feifeiyu
  • emilo
  • olime
  • McShark
  • McSharkly
  • IHateGraphicsWHoresTheySuck
  • LSPD OFFICER WINSLOW
  • LSPD OFFICER COLGATE
  • gtaiv55
  • ILikeTheBushesUMadWhores?
  • gtaiv555
  • AllShallPerish29
  • PURExHATRED
  • Kilflom1122
  • JohnTrollston
  • etriniqihxek
  • IDECLAREWAR
  • imnotbisquit

Picture of the Week

user posted image

By DneroJohnson

Quote of the Week

QUOTE (finn4life's signature)
Go ahead! Prove me wrong, with each mistake i learn. With each lesson i become
better, perhaps one day...better than yourself.

Thanks for taking time to read the issue. I've already started gathering infos for the next issue. Please, leave your comments. It'd be really appericated. smile.gif

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:00 PM Edited by Ferocious Banger, 25 August 2012 - 12:09 PM.

Brilliant idea machi! icon14.gif

Shiva,first newsletter super da.Chinna mistakes irukku,but paravala.

Again,this is an awesome idea, mate.Congratulations to the ones who have though and implemented this icon14.gif

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:05 PM

Well, I was expecting something similar to Gamesguru's newsletter, turns out to be quite different.

Also I don't think Top Posters of the Week is really necessary.

Toğrul
  • Toğrul

Yeaah

• Members
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

Good idea, it would be better if you fix [] tags

GreatGig
  • GreatGig

Ron Swanson, A Swan Song.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Saturday, Aug 25 2012, 13:05)

I have to agree with this. Also, Top Banned members seems a bit useless.

I also have to add:

but with GTA V marketing beginning next week this number is subject to increase dramatically.

This isn't 100% accurate. Rockstar have said themselves that they will be back "with some more to see in a few weeks or so", not next week. I only mention this now because I don't want others to come in and start sh*t.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE (TheGreatGig23 @ Saturday, Aug 25 2012, 13:21)
QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Saturday, Aug 25 2012, 13:05)

I have to agree with this. Also, Top Banned members seems a bit useless.

I'll throw my hat into this one too. If it's based on content, well that's just cause for a very long argument, as it's subjective. If it's based on post count in a given week, well then all you are really accomplishing is rewarding spamming. Neither are good.

Linc.
  • Linc.

16 5 5

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE (TheGreatGig23 @ Saturday, Aug 25 2012, 22:21)
I also have to add:

but with GTA V marketing beginning next week this number is subject to increase dramatically.

This isn't 100% accurate. Rockstar have said themselves that they will be back "with some more to see in a few weeks or so", not next week. I only mention this now because I don't want others to come in and start sh*t.

I will admit that that is incorrect on my part. what I meant to say was that Max Payne 3 marketing finishes next week, giving us the possibility of more GTA V news. My mistake. smile.gif

Im also for the removal of the top posters section. There's no criteria or anything and has no input from other members of GTAF Weekly.

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:32 PM Edited by shiva s, 25 August 2012 - 12:34 PM.

Sorry for the late reply, guys. I'm gonna remove Top posters of the week and Banned users of the Week section. It will be removed in the upcoming issues.
@Sivi Thanks a lot for your comment, man. I'm really glad to have feedbacks from someone like you.
@Gig Thanks, man. I removed it.
@Togrul Thanks. My net was too slow but I fixed it now.
@Ferocious Banger LOL. Thanks, dude.

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:42 PM

Interesting idea there bro. icon14.gif

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (Dragonjack @ Saturday, Aug 25 2012, 12:42)
Interesting idea there bro. icon14.gif

Thanks a lot, man. That means a lot to me.

MIKON8ERISBACK
  • MIKON8ERISBACK

My real name is Michael. #FACT.

• Members

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:49 PM

I wonder if I could be an assistant writer. I have a big knack for this kind of stuff and journalism in general.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:52 PM

Nice work bro. icon14.gif

I couldn't help with the Gangs/events as i'm too busy right now, but you can use some of interesting bits from MM gang news and events if you'd like when the new issue comes out, i won't mind.

MIKON8ERISBACK
  • MIKON8ERISBACK

My real name is Michael. #FACT.

• Members

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:53 PM

Banned Users of The Week eh? That's ironic. I was just about to suggest making a publication of banned users. Good job. icon14.gif

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE (shiva s @ Saturday, Aug 25 2012, 22:47)
QUOTE (Dragonjack @ Saturday, Aug 25 2012, 12:42)
Interesting idea there bro.  icon14.gif

Thanks a lot, man. That means a lot to me.

No worries dude and keep it coming as well. Looks like GTAF is starting to have some good ideas in here honestly. smile.gif

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:03 PM

@Andy Hey, its okay, dude. I know, you're busy. I'm really glad that you liked the first issue.
@MIKE Hey, thanks for your feedbacks man. PM me and we'll discuss more.
@DragonJack Thanks once again, mate. I won't fail in this. I'll try my best to publish the issues every week.

caio3771
  • caio3771

• Members

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:05 PM

Wow! I'll keep visiting this thread, many useful info there are here.
Great Job icon14.gif

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:09 PM

Interesting thread you got over here shiva, i like the "Top Banned Members of The Week" the most, thier usernames makes me laugh really hard.

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:13 PM

@Caio Thanks a lot, man. Glad you like it.
@GtaGhost22 hehe. I too laughed when I was typing those names. But, I should remove it in the next issue.

Mister Kay
  • Mister Kay

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:13 PM

Why go through the hassle of PMing everyone a copy?
Anyone can subscribe to a thread.
So whenever a new issue is posted, the topic name of the thread on the side bar gets highlighted. This newsletter thread can remain locked so no one posts in it and whenever the issue is ready, the author can PM it to a moderator. Moderators can post in locked topics. Thus, the thread will keep getting updated with new issues and no false highlight will be made. For discussion regarding the newsletter, this thread can be continued.

Greenline
  • Greenline

Page 3 Girl

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:23 PM Edited by Greenline, 25 August 2012 - 01:27 PM.

Well, good job with this, and I understand how much effort you put in into it. But, there are a few things:

Gamesguru's newsletter was sent by PM to people who subscribed, forwarded by a mod to all the people who subscribed. I don't understand what the point of subscribing by 'dropping a line' here is, because apparently it gets posted in the topic.

Since you and most of the people commenting here came after Gamesguru's 100th edition, I suggest you and your team (well... except for narcis) take a look at Gamesguru's old topic and also at Fireguy's Archive (he's collected all the newsletters). You could learn a lot from the format and the type of 'news' they reported on. http://www.gtaforums...9&hl=Newsletter

A lot of the topics are superfluous too, for example the 'What going on in Gen. Chat' and the 'Banned Members of the week'... especially the banned members of the week. None of us know them, and none of us really care most of the time. I'd suggest to try to get some people on board who are good at writing and English too, that would bring the quality up a lot. Including some improvement with the use of BBCode and the format (centering certain stuff etc.).

Also, try to get a staff member to send the newsletters to people just like Gamesguru did (if they don't mind, of course).

The idea is good, but the way is being delivered needs to be fixed, and I hope you can do that, mainly by learning from Gamesguru. I'm sure if Prominent Fate shows up here he's going to be able to give some constructive criticism.

But, anyway, good luck getting this up and running.

@Deepthroat: Yeah, that would work too.

Johnny_Cash1983
  • Johnny_Cash1983

CopKilla

• Members

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:27 PM

Now i get it thanks for this it will be interesting.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (shiva s @ Saturday, Aug 25 2012, 08:53)
Did you know?
  • ..Ryan won the "Best Area Moderator" Award in GTANet Annual Awards 2011

Really? Didn't know that. sarcasm.gif

Mister Kay
  • Mister Kay

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE (Greenline @ Saturday, Aug 25 2012, 18:53)
@Deepthroat: Yeah, that would work too.

Ya, it would act as a vault too. All issues at one place so any issue can be read any time.

@Ryan Don't know why but your post sounds like a newbie post to me. Maybe its the sarcasm emoticon.

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:19 PM

@Ryan ROFL. That section is also for newbies.
@Deepthroatgta6 Ryan was just joking. That was a good one actually. Anway, thanks for your comment.
@greenline you know what ? I just can't wait to see Prominent Fate's constructive critics. Thanks a lot for your suggestions and feedback. This is just the beginning. I'm gonna recruit more members for the team soon.

Greenline
  • Greenline

Page 3 Girl

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:28 PM Edited by Greenline, 25 August 2012 - 04:34 PM.

The opening post looks pretty nice now. icon14.gif

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (Greenline @ Saturday, Aug 25 2012, 16:28)
The opening posts looks pretty nice now. icon14.gif

Thanks. PrometheusX was the one who helped me to make it look much better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users