Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:33 PM

Tommy and Lance Scenario ?

Redwood Cigarettes
  • Redwood Cigarettes

The R★ Games Collector.

• Members
  • England

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Friday, Aug 24 2012, 14:31)
The guy on the side of the car hauler is definitely the red car guy. This raises some questions. Right now, I'm assuming these people are Ned's posse until R* states otherwise.

I also think this to be honest.
Left is main protagonist (Ned Luke) and right is his friend.
Check Here

Grand Theft Auto 5 Fan
  • Grand Theft Auto 5 Fan

Legend

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

QUOTE (Hydro_PlayboyX @ Friday, Aug 24 2012, 14:01)
i think they are just characters, not protagonists

icon14.gif icon14.gif

TwinFire
  • TwinFire

Barfs rainbows

• Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE (goh13 @ Friday, Aug 24 2012, 14:26)
QUOTE (TwinFire @ Friday, Aug 24 2012, 14:20)
So far, I still think that we're only going to have 2 protagonists: Albert and Adrian.
If it was true, then I guess, we're going to shift between those protagonists during the story, maybe if Adrian was caught, the camera shifts to Albert and we have to play him to save Adrian, bla bla... Do I make sense?

I was guessing more like CoD. Where they show you the story form two sides but, how will this work in GTA?

My best guess is that you play with Albert, go talk to Adrian and after the cut scene, the game will switch to Adrian and you go to do the mission. Seems non-GTA like but this is the best I can think of with this weird information.

I was thinking about that, too! R* did it with L.A. Noire, so why not with GTA V? It's gonna make sense about this whole "bold-new direction" thing.

goh13
  • goh13

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE (TwinFire @ Friday, Aug 24 2012, 14:34)
So far, I still think that we're only going to have 2 protagonists: Albert and Adrian.
If it was true, then I guess, we're going to shift between those protagonists during the story, maybe if Adrian was caught, the camera shifts to Albert and we have to play him to save Adrian, bla bla... Do I make sense?

I was guessing more like CoD. Where they show you the story form two sides but, how will this work in GTA?

My best guess is that you play with Albert, go talk to Adrian and after the cut scene, the game will switch to Adrian and you go to do the mission. Seems non-GTA like but this is the best I can think of with this weird information.

I was thinking about that, too! R* did it with L.A. Noire, so why not with GTA V? It's gonna make sense about this whole "bold-new direction" thing.

So they did it in L.AN? I guess this only backs up what we think. So, if we are right, I think I just spoiled a part of the story for myself. Not gonna say what it is but hopefully I am wrong.

Redwood Cigarettes
  • Redwood Cigarettes

The R★ Games Collector.

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:50 PM Edited by Sam_S_Rosevelt, 24 August 2012 - 02:58 PM.

QUOTE (goh13 @ Friday, Aug 24 2012, 14:39)

So they did it in L.AN? I guess this only backs up what we think. So, if we are right, I think I just spoiled a part of the story for myself. Not gonna say what it is but hopefully I am wrong.

Ah are you talking about the same as what happened edited at the request of goh13 wink.gif ?

goh13
  • goh13

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (Sam_S_Rosevelt @ Friday, Aug 24 2012, 14:50)
QUOTE (goh13 @ Friday, Aug 24 2012, 14:39)

Ah are you talking about the same as what happened ........?

You are spot on. Just remove what you said, someone might read it by mistake and it might be right. I canít be that asshole that ruins the fun for everyone sad.gif

BigBoyTraks
  • BigBoyTraks

Where's Myra HotchKiss?

• Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE (man dragon @ Friday, Aug 24 2012, 14:04)
The "Hispanic" guy from the trailer and the "black" guy in the new screenshots is the same characters. It was never proven that he was Hispanic, it was only assumed. Now his character model has been darkened and he looks far more African-American than Hispanic.

For a frame of reference, compare Niko in Trailer 1 to Niko in Trailer 3. He looks quite different as well.

I agree. I think their the same person. The guy hanging on the truck IMO looks like the red car guy but with hair. Maybe a sign of character customization

BigBoyTraks
  • BigBoyTraks

Where's Myra HotchKiss?

• Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (Sam_S_Rosevelt @ Friday, Aug 24 2012, 14:33)
QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Friday, Aug 24 2012, 14:31)
The guy on the side of the car hauler is definitely the red car guy. This raises some questions. Right now, I'm assuming these people are Ned's posse until R* states otherwise.

I also think this to be honest.
Left is main protagonist (Ned Luke) and right is his friend.
Check Here

THIS. Same nose etc....Just looks like he has more hair in the truck picture.

Davidx123
  • Davidx123

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:04 PM

My guess? Those are placeholders. Those are NPC'S, but they are used as placeholder for the screenshots, probably so we won't guess which one is the protag.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:13 PM

Its possible that Ned is the main protag and in V you have the ability to form your own little gang.

Recruit members and custimize them. And then play as those members when you see fit.

Maybe if one of these members dies they die forever and never come back. I dunno just spit ballin

JStarr31
  • JStarr31

Vice Money Murder Gang {V.$.M.G}

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:19 PM Edited by JStarr31, 24 August 2012 - 03:24 PM.

QUOTE (ViceCityFTW @ Friday, Aug 24 2012, 13:59)
It seems like they are some kind of "crew". Ned, hispanic guy and black one. Maybe there will be multi protagonists or DLC like GTAIV.

starting to seem like that ed elric guy wasn't lying sad.gif

he did say these guys were a crew, he confirmed the cheetah and bmx... don't know guy's, remember how the mods acted just saying... anyway the new screens are awesome...

QUOTE (deffpony)
s possible that Ned is the main protag and in V you have the ability to form your own little gang.

Recruit members and custimize them. And then play as those members when you see fit.

Maybe if one of these members dies they die forever and never come back. I dunno just spit ballin
he said that too confused.gif

Oakshaft
  • Oakshaft

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE (powerchord @ Friday, Aug 24 2012, 13:59)
It could be that there's more than one playable character. Different story arcs, etc.

There wont be multiple protagonists... it just wouldnt work.

UsamaGK
  • UsamaGK

WASD For Life

• Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:25 PM

WHO THE HELL IS THE PROTAGONIST ???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! monocle.gif facedesk.gif panic.gif panic.gif

ak47andgunnin
  • ak47andgunnin

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (Sam_S_Rosevelt @ Friday, Aug 24 2012, 14:08)
I was just about to post something similar when I saw this thread biggrin.gif
This is my detective work so far that I'm wondering if these guys match up (trailer to screenshots)

user posted image

Was really unsure about the Stuntplane one as the quality & lighting is pretty bad.
I know the skintone is a bit darker on the second but think of lighting and how characters evolve over time from trailer to release (look at how some characters looked originally in the first GTAIV Trailers for instance)
I came to the conclusion the guy running down the street is not the guy in the car as he has no tattoos on his arms.

what about the guy poiting an ak at the chopper? its not the same guy?

Redwood Cigarettes
  • Redwood Cigarettes

The R★ Games Collector.

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:43 PM Edited by Sam_S_Rosevelt, 24 August 2012 - 03:47 PM.

QUOTE (ak47andgunnin @ Friday, Aug 24 2012, 15:39)
I was just about to post something similar when I saw this thread† biggrin.gif
This is my detective work so far that I'm wondering if these guys match up (trailer to screenshots)

http://i47.tinypic.com/2vmg6ck.jpg

Was really unsure about the Stuntplane one as the quality & lighting is pretty bad.
I know the skintone is a bit darker on the second but think of lighting and how characters evolve over time from trailer to release (look at how some characters looked originally in the first GTAIV Trailers for instance)
I came to the conclusion the guy running down the street is not the guy in the car as he has no tattoos on his arms.

user posted image
I brightened up the image as best I could in Photoshop, but it appears that guy is probably just an enemy pedestrian.
He has a different hairstyle and skinnier body shape to these other two guys by the looks of it.

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Friday, Aug 24 2012, 15:13)
Its possible that Ned is the main protag and in V you have the ability to form your own little gang.

This sounds like a good shout to me too

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:58 PM

The guy hijacking the truck is the man in the red car from the trailer and the screenshot. They have the same facial features the same beady eyes and the same hairline. the guy running in the alley has a more pushed back hairline and a thinner face.

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (Sam_S_Rosevelt @ Friday, Aug 24 2012, 15:43)
QUOTE (ak47andgunnin @ Friday, Aug 24 2012, 15:39)
I was just about to post something similar when I saw this thread† biggrin.gif

http://i47.tinypic.com/2vmg6ck.jpg

user posted image
I brightened up the image as best I could in Photoshop, but it appears that guy is probably just an enemy pedestrian.
He has a different hairstyle and skinnier body shape to these other two guys by the looks of it.

Seems to be a balding white guy, he reminds me of waingro from Heat.

Speaking of which I think there will be a secondary antagonist based on Waingro, someone in your crew that takes things too far and ends up getting everyone in serious trouble, my money is on this guy or the bald guy that jumps out of the bugstar van in the trailer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users