"in a few weeks or so"

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4,750 replies to this topic
AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:01 AM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Sunday, Oct 7 2012, 18:10)
playing some Medal of Honor Warfighter beta and reading some reviews of Dishonored, which sounds like a goddamn sleeper hit.

I loved the MOH driving sequence I watched on Gameplay. That was incredible. Dishonored leaked early and people have beat it in 4 hours. It isn't open-world either, which I like, but I'm still gonna buy because like you said, that game might be a sleeper hit. I'm also waiting for Farcry 3. You ever play 2 or mess with the map editor?

Guess I should say something on topic:
F*ck a buncha few weeks or so!!! R*, you pr*cks!! There. Now I feel better. Here's to getting some V info this week, boys!! Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Monday, Oct 8 2012, 02:01)
playing some Medal of Honor Warfighter beta and reading some reviews of Dishonored, which sounds like a goddamn sleeper hit.

I loved the MOH driving sequence I watched on Gameplay. That was incredible. Dishonored leaked early and people have beat it in 4 hours. It isn't open-world either, which I like, but I'm still gonna buy because like you said, that game might be a sleeper hit. I'm also waiting for Farcry 3. You ever play 2 or mess with the map editor?

F*ck a buncha few weeks or so!!! R*, you pr*cks!! There. Now I feel better. Here's to getting some V info this week, boys!! Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Yeah but unfortunetly those videos from Medal of Honor are clearly from PC. Cause graphically the beta is nothing to write home about on 360. It's just a beta, i know...but it's nothing incredible at all. It's fun though, but if i have to choose..and i must, i'm going for Halo 4. Never been a big Halo fan, but Halo 4 sold me as soon as they showed that footage at E3 this year.

I read that the CVG reviewer (who 9.5'ed it, and call it a once in a generation release and his GOTY) spent 7 hours to finish it. He only used guns,no stealth and skipped all cutscenes. If people finish it in 4 hours...they can't tell me sh*t, but they have rushed like a madman then. Me...i take it easy in games, i explore every corner and i use stealth alot and i won't skip any cutscene. I thing it's definitely gonna last me 10 hours or more. smile.gif . Far Cry 3 man, you said it...good lord that game looks amazing. I played and finish Far Cry 2 and loved it, but i'm glad that the developers listened to the critique about it and have removed the bad stuff and improved it. Looks amazing on PC (saw it at game event last saturday) and i'm glad the 360 version seems to look really good as well, judging by a video on Youtube. Never messed around much with the map editor...i'm not really that good at it. biggrin.gif

And yeah, how could i disagree....here's definitely to ANYTHING GTA V this week, goddamn!!!

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:29 AM

I guess R*'s marketing IS working...:
user posted image

I just had to share since I lol'd when I found this just now. The infamy... lol.gif

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:34 AM

I have a prediction.

Info will not come this week.

llllI1llllI1
  • llllI1llllI1

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:35 AM

QUOTE (MWC @ Sunday, Oct 7 2012, 15:29)
it seems R* adopted Valve time

Except Valve is a private company that can do w/e they want.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Monday, Oct 8 2012, 03:34)
I have a prediction.

Info will not come this week.

Dat prediction. inlove.gif

FCM
  • FCM

Toreno

• Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:35 AM

QUOTE (Raynos @ Tuesday, Oct 2 2012, 04:18)
QUOTE (FCM @ Tuesday, Oct 2 2012, 03:37)
I hope all the morons saying it was out on october 23rd are ashamed of themselves now.

March 2013. Not before that.

You mean all the people saying that in the past 3 months? In that case, I'd sorta agree with you, there comes a point when you have to realize that October release just wasn't going to happen.
There were people who believed in October for the whole of last month..

Of course.

36Chambers
  • 36Chambers

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:54 AM

^Wow. Really? All hell is about to break loose.....

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:59 AM

QUOTE (36Chambers @ Sunday, Oct 7 2012, 22:54)

Just don't reply to it, stay on topic.

36Chambers
  • 36Chambers

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:01 AM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Monday, Oct 8 2012, 03:59)
QUOTE (36Chambers @ Sunday, Oct 7 2012, 22:54)

Just don't reply to it, stay on topic.

Kind of hard to ignore, but ok.

OT: If we don't see any info this upcoming week then..... Well we'll have to wait longer. But I DO expect info this upcoming week.

yoshiandluigi3
  • yoshiandluigi3

modder.

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:12 AM

QUOTE (GTA Kingdom Ruler @ Monday, Oct 8 2012, 03:45)
-SNIP-

You have got to be joking me.

matajuegos
  • matajuegos

2 Years in the forums!!! I MISS YOU ZEE

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:21 AM Edited by matajuegos, 08 October 2012 - 04:23 AM.

So... guys, when is Vice city's anniversary?

Edit: Oh I see, October 29...

36Chambers
  • 36Chambers

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:28 AM

QUOTE (matajuegos @ Monday, Oct 8 2012, 04:21)
So... guys, when is Vice city's anniversary?

Edit: Oh I see, October 29...

wow.gif That's my birthday! I hope we get something special then.

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:33 AM

QUOTE (Audiophile @ Monday, Oct 8 2012, 02:29)

I just had to share since I lol'd when I found this just now. The infamy... lol.gif

A few weeks or so has become a new standard of measurement. Like the nuclear clock except the hands are f**king painted on.

Above
  • Above

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:51 AM

Gotta love how the newswire still has the GTA V trailer in their "Don't miss" section... They are obviously trying to reach those people who have lived under a rock for the past year or so. In other words, we won't get the next trailer until the first one has been exposed to 7 billion views.

Cha Boy Jesus
  • Cha Boy Jesus

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:45 AM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Monday, Oct 8 2012, 02:07)

Yeah but unfortunetly those videos from Medal of Honor are clearly from PC. Cause graphically the beta is nothing to write home about on 360. It's just a beta, i know...but it's nothing incredible at all. It's fun though, but if i have to choose..and i must, i'm going for Halo 4. Never been a big Halo fan, but Halo 4 sold me as soon as they showed that footage at E3 this year.

I read that the CVG reviewer (who 9.5'ed it, and call it a once in a generation release and his GOTY) spent 7 hours to finish it. He only used guns,no stealth and skipped all cutscenes. If people finish it in 4 hours...they can't tell me sh*t, but they have rushed like a madman then. Me...i take it easy in games, i explore every corner and i use stealth alot and i won't skip any cutscene. I thing it's definitely gonna last me 10 hours or more. smile.gif . Far Cry 3 man, you said it...good lord that game looks amazing. I played and finish Far Cry 2 and loved it, but i'm glad that the developers listened to the critique about it and have removed the bad stuff and improved it. Looks amazing on PC (saw it at game event last saturday) and i'm glad the 360 version seems to look really good as well, judging by a video on Youtube. Never messed around much with the map editor...i'm not really that good at it. biggrin.gif

And yeah, how could i disagree....here's definitely to ANYTHING GTA V this week, goddamn!!!

Get halo 4!!!

You should also play the others at least campaign. Thwy are such amazing game. I am super stoked for 4.

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:58 AM

That Monday when they released those screenshots i had a really good feeling there would be something and i was right.

I am getting that same feeling again today. Definitely going to check back later

GTAmikkel
  • GTAmikkel

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:03 AM

QUOTE (Darrel @ Monday, Oct 8 2012, 06:58)
That Monday when they released those screenshots i had a really good feeling there would be something and i was right.

I am getting that same feeling again today. Definitely going to check back later

Why hello there, Nostradamus!

JaggySnake
  • JaggySnake

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE (Darrel @ Monday, Oct 8 2012, 07:58)

I agree with you.

I remember that Monday just before Rockstar released the screenshots. Felipe Busquets tweeted something about looking forward to the week ahead. There was also some other person asking him "Are you ready?". I posted something about how we could get new info soon and what happened? Got screenshots only a couple hours later.

Felipe tweeted again recently:

QUOTE (@FelipeBusquets)
Not looking forward to going back to the UK - but then again I am looking forward. #fact

The way I take it is that he doesn't wanna return to the sh*tty weather that we have here in Edinburgh but he's looking forward to something happening this week. Also he used #fact which is related to epsilon program.

Could be nothing of course but it could be something. Need to wait and see how today goes.

DonCaffa
  • DonCaffa

GTA V will ROCK

• Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:10 AM

QUOTE (JaggySnake @ Monday, Oct 8 2012, 08:03)

I agree with you.

I remember that Monday just before Rockstar released the screenshots. Felipe Busquets tweeted something about looking forward to the week ahead. There was also some other person asking him "Are you ready?". I posted something about how we could get new info soon and what happened? Got screenshots only a couple hours later.

QUOTE (@FelipeBusquets)
Not looking forward to going back to the UK - but then again I am looking forward. #fact

The way I take it is that he doesn't wanna return to the sh*tty weather that we have here in Edinburgh but he's looking forward to something happening this week. Also he used #fact which is related to epsilon program.

Could be nothing of course but it could be something. Need to wait and see how today goes.

I really hope so!! Maybe today is the day. This is what I'm thinking every past few weeks or so. smile.gif But yeah, every week they don't give us something, the chance they will in the sooner future will be bigger and bigger. So my excitement grows with every week or so.

JaggySnake
  • JaggySnake

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (DonCaffa @ Monday, Oct 8 2012, 09:10)
QUOTE (JaggySnake @ Monday, Oct 8 2012, 08:03)

I agree with you.

QUOTE (@FelipeBusquets)

I really hope so!! Maybe today is the day. This is what I'm thinking every past few weeks or so. smile.gif But yeah, every week they don't give us something, the chance they will in the sooner future will be bigger and bigger. So my excitement grows with every week or so.

Exactly! We might not get something today but every day we wait is a day closer! It's been 7 weeks now since they started releasing those screenshots. If we get to Friday without nothing then it will be exactly 7 weeks since they said "in a few weeks or so". Any longer and then it becomes "a couple of months".

I think it's really likely we'll get something this week. If they keep us waiting longer than 8 weeks (2 months) then they just lied to us.

Mr. Cozzarelli
  • Mr. Cozzarelli

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:25 AM

QUOTE (JaggySnake @ Monday, Oct 8 2012, 08:15)
If they keep us waiting longer than 8 weeks (2 months) then they just lied to us.

Or they just would be out of their own estimation. I don't think they intentionally 'lied' to us... wink.gif

golf wang
  • golf wang

Westside!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE (GTAmikkel @ Monday, Oct 8 2012, 00:03)
QUOTE (Darrel @ Monday, Oct 8 2012, 06:58)

Why hello there, Nostradamus!

Hahahaha that was pretty funny cookie.gif cookie.gif

Lewligan
  • Lewligan

Bell End

• Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:04 AM

QUOTE (JaggySnake @ Monday, Oct 8 2012, 08:15)
If they keep us waiting longer than 8 weeks (2 months) then they just lied to us.

They've already lied to us.

"A few weeks or so" is a lie - like you said it's been 6+ weeks ALREADY.

A few weeks = 3/4 in my book. And "or so" is no excuse for doubling the time that they are making us wait.
"Or so" gives them (or SHOULD give them) a couple of extra days - maybe 4 and a half weeks instead of 4.
It's no excuse to add ANOTHER few weeks on to the few weeks they already mentioned.

If that's how they wanted to play it, the original statement should've been "a couple/few months or so".

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:28 AM

How do you guys will react if we get new MP3 article today?

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:37 AM

For the first time i'd be a little pee'd off, i cant lie.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE (Cha Boy Jesus @ Monday, Oct 8 2012, 05:45)
QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Monday, Oct 8 2012, 02:07)

Get halo 4!!!

You should also play the others at least campaign. Thwy are such amazing game. I am super stoked for 4.

I will definitely get Halo 4, what this developer managed to do with such old hardware is beyond amazing. Bungie wasn't able to, but this developer has it nailed down, in terms of graphics and scope, holy crap.

As for GTA V. Didn't they already uploaded the transport screenshots around this time on a monday or was it later? I'm getting more and more curious about what they have planned for the rest of this year. Surely it can't happen that the MP3 DLC fiasco will last till the end of this year and that we'll get NOTHING about GTA V? Only time can tell...but that sure would be ri-f*cking-goddamn-diculous!!!

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:02 AM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Monday, Oct 8 2012, 09:46)
As for GTA V. Didn't they already uploaded the transport screenshots around this time on a monday or was it later? I'm getting more and more curious about what they have planned for the rest of this year. Surely it can't happen that the MP3 DLC fiasco will last till the end of this year and that we'll get NOTHING about GTA V? Only time can tell...but that sure would be ri-f*cking-goddamn-diculous!!!

it was just after 9 new york time, it's only 6am there.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE (Killjoy2022 @ Monday, Oct 8 2012, 10:02)
QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Monday, Oct 8 2012, 09:46)

it was just after 9 new york time, it's only 6am there.

Then my bad, we'll have to wait and see. I hope this will turn out to be a week to celebrate...prolly not tho.

EnchantedX360
  • EnchantedX360

You're welcome

• Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE (DizzeeXL @ Monday, Oct 8 2012, 09:28)
How do you guys will react if we get new MP3 article today?

They have! LMAO

Everyone can have chrome guns now in MP3...

R* are wasting time on MP3, it was fun during the single player campaign.

MP3 is a generic TPS online, there's nothing that makes it fantastic, they need to move on to the game that counts and will direct attention away from Halo 4 and BLOPS 2...

GTA V is the sh*t.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users