Photo

Will GTA:V ever get boring

42 replies to this topic
Gavonator
  • Gavonator

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:30 PM

ok so when gta 4 came out everyone was extremely excited but people get bored of it and you can see why
there was never really anything to keep you entertained for too long
with just cause 2 no multiplayer made it fail and vehicles didnt handle and overall wasnt a great game
but with gta 5 is there actually anything you can think of (being realistic here for example not stroking a god damn cat or something) that they wont include in this game
i mean theres everything ive ever wanted in it so far and ive seen hardly anything yet
parachutes planes country and city etc
whats your opinion

TrialzGTAS
  • TrialzGTAS

Hopes for turnout gear in V!

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:35 PM

Its still pre-release, with only 1 trailer and 8 screenshots. Give it 3.5 years =p

a3HeadedMonkey
  • a3HeadedMonkey

People Smuggler

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:04 PM

Some of the big stuff that was sorely missing from IV seems to be confirmed...

Hitch-able trailers
Planes
Bicycles
Parachutes
Tennis mini game

But I can think of a few more little things that have not yet been confirmed. It's the little things that really make a GTA game too, imo.
I'd like to see...

Ability to sit (park benches/bar stools)
Diving
Jetpack
Crazy weapons (Flamethrower/Chainsaw)
Ability to play Basketball again (& other sport mini games like Golf, Bowling, Pool etc)
Skateboards
Car customisation

I would also like to add, that unlike IV, I would like to see all the mini games you can do with friends like Pool, Air Hockey etc, be playable with real friends in multiplayer. This would really extend the life & enjoyment of Free Roam.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (Gavonator @ Wednesday, Aug 22 2012, 21:30)
ok so when gta 4 came out everyone was extremely excited but people get bored of it and you can see why
there was never really anything to keep you entertained for too long
with just cause 2 no multiplayer made it fail and vehicles didnt handle and overall wasnt a great game
but with gta 5 is there actually anything you can think of (being realistic here for example not stroking a god damn cat or something) that they wont include in this game
i mean theres everything ive ever wanted in it so far and ive seen hardly anything yet
parachutes planes country and city etc
whats your opinion

GTA V just by looking at it. It seems like it can beat SA. After V comes out no one will be playing boring IV again.

redx165
  • redx165

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (a3HeadedMonkey @ Wednesday, Aug 22 2012, 22:04)

Hitch-able trailers
Planes
Bicycles
Parachutes
Tennis mini game

But I can think of a few more little things that have not yet been confirmed. It's the little things that really make a GTA game too, imo.
I'd like to see...

Diving
Jetpack
Ability to play Basketball again (& other sport mini games like Golf, Bowling, Pool etc)
Skateboards
Car customisation
Gambling

I would also like to add, that unlike IV, I would like to see all the mini games you can do with friends like Pool, Air Hockey etc, be playable with real friends in multiplayer. This would really extend the life & enjoyment of Free Roam.

You missed something. tounge2.gif

THEMANatwar
  • THEMANatwar

Work Hard, Play Hard

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:09 PM

Eventually it will become stale, but by then we will be starting the cycle over in a new GTA.

Foxhunt
  • Foxhunt

Highway To Hell

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:11 PM

I enjoyed playing GTA IV, played it from release for nearly 3 and a half years straight, until not that long ago I went to play, and my save game was somehow corrupted, had to start a new game. I don't like starting over so its kept me from playing. Seeing as how GTA V looks bigger, better, and there are more activities to do than GTA IV, and the fact that it's set in San Andreas, I'm sure I won't be bored/disappointed. I see myself playing until the next game is released.

a3HeadedMonkey
  • a3HeadedMonkey

People Smuggler

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Wednesday, Aug 22 2012, 22:09)

Hitch-able trailers
Planes
Bicycles
Parachutes
Tennis mini game

I'd like to see...

Diving
Jetpack
Skateboards
Car customisation
Gambling

Well played!

But to be fair, we could probably sit here for hours thinking of stuff to add to the list. In the time it's taken me to write this post, I've already realised I forgot 'Property' too. You know, like it was in Vice City & San Andreas? That sh­it was off the hook.

LovesGTA
  • LovesGTA

*loves GTA*

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:15 PM

I still play GTA IV. If I've yet to be bored of this game, then I really don't see myself getting bored of playing GTA V for a very long time, too.

redx165
  • redx165

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (a3HeadedMonkey @ Wednesday, Aug 22 2012, 22:13)
QUOTE (redx165 @ Wednesday, Aug 22 2012, 22:09)

Hitch-able trailers
Planes
Bicycles
Parachutes
Tennis mini game

I'd like to see...

Diving
Jetpack
Skateboards
Car customisation
Gambling

Well played!

But to be fair, we could probably sit here for hours thinking of stuff to add to the list. In the time it's taken me to write this post, I've already realised I forgot 'Property' too. You know, like it was in Vice City & San Andreas? That sh­it was off the hook.

Wow I feel dumb for not thinking of that good feature from Vice City and San Andreas. blush.gif Theirs so much we can put in GTA. How about Nightclubs again???

Njale
  • Njale

Peon

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

Well all the time they spent on optimizing and adjusting the engine in gta IV can now be spent on adding stuff in to the game, i expect tons and tons of stuff to keep you entertained.

loki18760
  • loki18760

Truth Seeker

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:19 PM

Yes GTA-5 and it's DLC will get boring about the time for the release of GTA-6

loony979
  • loony979

Homie

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:20 PM

I also still play GTA IV pc multiplayer ,& some times re do the story's of all 3 games
GTA V in my opinion will last easily 10 years by the looks of it already... & still be the peoples fav, but that could be a hard 1 to say as SA was so good...tho will compete with it well & proper... hard to tell still very early times.

Jokesminus
  • Jokesminus

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:20 PM

Yes GTA will get boring it has for me my life is too filled for computer games now I just can't get excited for any computer games anymore GTA V included. I am officially growing up and I just don't have the time and quite frankly costs too much for a 6 hour storyline and bores the sh*t out of me.

a3HeadedMonkey
  • a3HeadedMonkey

People Smuggler

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:22 PM

I remembered another one!

Tractors with working tow-bar.

I liked trying to see how many I could hitch together in SA.

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:29 PM

GTA IV was mostly a test game if you ask me. It was a new generation, a new game engine. Rockstar hadnt used such a thing before. Since GTA IV, LA Noire, RDR, and MP3 have all been released using the same engine, getting better each time.

Its time for GTA V. Rockstar now has tons of experience with the engine. Instead of focusing their time perfecting it, they can spend tons more time making the game better, adding more enjoyable features. I easily give GTA V a 10/10 from the screenshots alone. GTA IV would get a 4/10.

Want Butter With That?
  • Want Butter With That?

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:30 PM

Of course it will.
Some people find life boring!

Johan.
  • Johan.

Got milk?

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:31 PM

As long as they have more side missions and better online than IV it'll last longer than 3-4 years

skillz7855
  • skillz7855

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:32 PM

If you have a good imagination then GTA V will never get boring.

huevos_benedicto_180
  • huevos_benedicto_180

Spring 2013

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:33 PM

Well what you're saying is purely subjective. I can play GTA IV endlessly.

Let's wait a bit until we make comments such as it will never get boring. Maybe wait until you play the game first.

dimitrispgr
  • dimitrispgr

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:36 PM

I ve finished IV and EFLC three times each in those 4 years tounge2.gif

GTA V is going to be the best game evere releashed so no boring.

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (Fail_At_GTA @ Thursday, Aug 23 2012, 00:29)
Its time for GTA V. Rockstar now has tons of experience with the engine. Instead of focusing their time perfecting it, they can spend tons more time making the game better, adding more enjoyable features. I easily give GTA V a 10/10 from the screenshots alone. GTA IV would get a 4/10.

It's a strange thing that everyone thinks it's running on the same engine as GTA IV.
So far everytime R* added a new "number" behind the GTA title it also used a new engine. I can't remember that it was ever confirmed that GTA V uses the same engine? I can't find anything on google either.
Maybe we are going to see a brand new Rage engine?

I Shot The Sheriff
  • I Shot The Sheriff

Yippie-kay-yay, motherf*cker!

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:40 PM

YES. At some point, of course it will !

gta_rulez
  • gta_rulez

Rockster Noord

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:42 PM

This reminds me, I will stop checking news about GTAV until I've completed IV 100% once again. Man, there will be tons of new screenshots, a preview in GI, a new trailer or even gameplay videos blablabla droolll...... Bye!

futo-GT
  • futo-GT

Grove Street 4Life

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE (loki18760 @ Wednesday, Aug 22 2012, 22:19)
Yes GTA-5 and it's DLC will get boring about the time for the release of GTA-6

dont you mean GTA V will get boring about the time of GTA7?
i say this because if there's new gen consoles coming in a year or 2 then GTA V might be the last GTA on the current consoles (ps3/x-box360) which would then mean GTA-6 would be like IV was, a new test on new hardware, so GTA7 would b the new V, you follow? smile.gif lol

Back to topic: Of course V will get boring someday its inevitable really, but on its 10year anniversary will we be able to download it onto our mobile phone's? call me crazy now but 10yrs ago we never taught GTA III would be playable on mobile phone's and now we are all playin it smile.gif

Above
  • Above

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:52 PM

GTA IV hasn't got boring for me yet but there are periods where I feel fed up with it. I'm sure it will be the same with GTA V.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Give me Liberty

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:18 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 23 August 2012 - 02:27 AM.

To me what will make GTA V boring is if it's lost its tight focus that was in GTA IV.

Even from the screenshots I'm getting a very SA vibe from it. Not really a bad thing, but one of the reasons I like GTA IV more than SA is actually the opposite to what most people don't like about it. I like that it's bare bones and concentrates on the essentials.

I just hope R* haven't caved in and made a game full of things just for the sake of having them there. I guess what I'm concerned about is a lack of context and depth from GTA IV.

The Saints Row games proves you can have a heap of features yet it's still boring if there's no context to it. IMO anyway.

GTASeriesFan
  • GTASeriesFan

Realest GTA Fan

• Members

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:19 AM

Hitch-able trailers
Planes
Bicycles
Parachutes
Tennis mini game

I'd like to see...

Diving
Jetpack
Skateboards
Car customisation

yeah I agree wit u

Cyfa
  • Cyfa

Paid In Full

• Members

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:58 AM

Loads of people still play San Andreas to this day. On that old, outdated engine. But it has a lot to do, so it's fun. GTA IV, is so loomy and boring once you're done that it just feels depressing to play it. TBoGT on the other hand was absolutely fantastic. It was great. This may shock you at first, but I'm expecting GTA V to be one of the best games of all time. You may be taken aback by that, but think about it, GTA 4 was a top 3 game of the past decade and it set the standard on open world games in terms of physics, combat, realism and just overall story. I think Rockstar will give us their absolute best like they have said, and I expect nothing less.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:02 AM

Every game gets boring or you get a burnt out feeling from playing to much however the great games (Like San Andreas, Vice City and so on) you will always come back to now and then and enjoy it every time you do. GTA V seems to be one of those games. happy.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users