Car damage?

33 replies to this topic
A 2002
  • A 2002

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:04 PM

How do y'all think the car damage will be in GTAV?? will it be the same GTA IV pro damage or better / improved?? wow.gif wow.gif

I hope it will look stunning and my car in a cake when I drive off that cliff!!

futo-GT
  • futo-GT

Grove Street 4Life

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (A2002 @ Wednesday, Aug 22 2012, 18:04)
How do y'all think the car damage will be in GTAV?? will it be the same GTA IV pro damage or better / improved?? wow.gif wow.gif

No, i'll be pissed if its the same as IV. I want to see bumpers(fenders) coming off and wheels coming off, like more realistic damage. we need it the damage in IV was a let down imo

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Secretly a GTA IV fanboy

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (futo-GT @ Wednesday, Aug 22 2012, 18:10)
How do y'all think the car damage will be in GTAV?? will it be the same GTA IV pro damage or better / improved??  wow.gif   wow.gif  

No, i'll be pissed if its the same as IV. I want to see bumpers(fenders) coming off and wheels coming off, like more realistic damage. we need it the damage in IV was a let down imo

The damage in IV was perfect. I don't want to not be able to drive my car after 1 good crash. That'd just be retarded

A 2002
  • A 2002

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (Masterfocker @ Wednesday, Aug 22 2012, 18:23)
How do y'all think the car damage will be in GTAV?? will it be the same GTA IV pro damage or better / improved??  wow.gif   wow.gif  

The damage in IV was perfect. I don't want to not be able to drive my car after 1 good crash. That'd just be retarded

Well, I want to be able to drive of a cliff and not having a car with only one dent.. that's just stupid, i want it to be a cake, and not driveable. A wreck!!

lava lamp
  • lava lamp

cupa

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:26 PM

yeah thats on my wish list really detailed car damage would make the game a lot more fun to just piss around in

III H1TMaN III
  • III H1TMaN III

The Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

I think fuel should leak from the car after enough damge or when you shoot the thing off that covers the fuel. Then shoot the line of fuel and see the fire nearing the vehicle and blow up.

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

Uncut

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Returning Member 2012
    Best Contributor [GTA Series] 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:28 PM

I'm sure there's updated tech powering vehicles in V - as is with many other things throughout the engine when you compare it to GTAIV's 2006 engine.

Gtaman_92
  • Gtaman_92

nice to meet you too.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:28 PM

I think it will be the same as gta 4. The damage system on their was so good it do not need improvement.

kasparlaks
  • kasparlaks

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:30 PM

That would make you more cautious, maybe even the AI.
You won't fly down a cliff the next time you would get in a chase.
Right now... you crash a car 80 mp/h into a wall and a little deformation. Even the engine runs like its a f*cking cute and cuddly bunny. Have you seen the game called Rigs Of Rods? I recommend watching some videos of cars crashing in RoR on Youtube.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Secretly a GTA IV fanboy

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (A2002 @ Wednesday, Aug 22 2012, 18:24)

Well, I want to be able to drive of a cliff and not having a car with only one dent.. that's just stupid, i want it to be a cake, and not driveable. A wreck!!

Well, that would take away some of the fun from the game. I love driving off cliffs and having next to no damage to my car biggrin.gif

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:33 PM

Wow. The ones who bash the car damage in GTA IV, please play other open world games and check out their car damage. Just take Sleeping Dogs, the car damage model is totally horrible.
GTA IV had a nice damage model, we should actually hope that R* won't screw that one up. Now and then they seem to forget to take good things out of the older games.

chokeslamcena
  • chokeslamcena

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:39 PM

I liked the IV car damage.

If your car is a write-off after you drive it off a cliff; how is that fun? You'll spend ages wandering around looking for another car (rinse, repeat).

It's great to be able to fly through the air smashing in the car into the ground, pulling a handbrake turn and heading straight back up the hill to do it again. Or getting a Police car and repeatedly driving over ramps, trying to turn it upside down in mid air to smash the lightbar off the roof (like in all the 80s movies!).

asitsaysinthebook
  • asitsaysinthebook

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:41 PM

A cake on wheels? I'm ready.

MRPG500
  • MRPG500

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

Not a let down but the bumpers didnīt separate from the car and i hated that.

JuventusFC
  • JuventusFC

Vincere non č importante, ma č l'unica cosa che conta

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (MRPG500 @ Wednesday, Aug 22 2012, 18:43)

Not a let down but the bumpers didnīt separate from the car and i hated that.

I think this is the main thing that needs to be changed, bumpers and side mirrors coming off. Though I imagined thy saved a lot of memory but not having to model under all the bumpers for every car. They didn't because try and get the hood off a patriot and see what's underneath. The front underneath the bumper looks horrible.

dinoSAUR230
  • dinoSAUR230

Scout

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:02 PM Edited by dinoSAUR230, 22 August 2012 - 07:05 PM.

It should be a lot better than IV. I also want to see dirt effects on cars, with rain washing some of it off or the ability to go to a car wash. Wheels should fly off, fenders, panels, the lot. I hope the convertable roof flies off if you roll the car while it is activated.
EDIT: also the engines were a bit too robust for my liking, plus the amount of ways you can explode should be increased.

TheKryptonite
  • TheKryptonite

The World is Yours

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:04 PM

Lol.

Savagemessiah
  • Savagemessiah

Leader Of The Rats

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:10 PM

I can't understand why some people want indestructible cars.. It's not funny to drive around smashing into other cars and not get a single scratch.. That is what i hate about those god damn modders in IV

I really loved the car damage in IV and they might not make a super realistic car damage but atleast keep the one from IV and add some new features, like bumpers, tires, sidemirrors and such falling off.. I would love to rampage with a car that only has 3 tires.

And yeah.. Sorry if my english suck biggrin.gif

RandomNoun
  • RandomNoun

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:12 PM

It shouldn't be realistic (it's a bit daft to have the car wrecked but the driver get out without a scratch) but it should be dramatic. So yeah, parts flying off with collisions, wheels even rolling off with enough damage, windscreens collapsing inwards, exhausts trailing on the road, etc.

CrazyRaisin
  • CrazyRaisin

Consoles suck, yeah I be hatin, problem?

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:15 PM

Compare GTA 3, SA, or Vice City car damage model to GTA4, in GTA4 if you dent a door, it dents, in the older ones if you hit a car it simply "changes model" to a more damaged version

ForumName
  • ForumName

Trick

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (Trund @ Wednesday, Aug 22 2012, 18:33)
Wow. The ones who bash the car damage in GTA IV, please play other open world games and check out their car damage. Just take Sleeping Dogs, the car damage model is totally horrible.
GTA IV had a nice damage model, we should actually hope that R* won't screw that one up. Now and then they seem to forget to take good things out of the older games.

What can we say? Us GTA fans are spoiled.

Mr.TMP
  • Mr.TMP

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

I would definitely like to see an improvement to collisions, panels and plastics falling off, better bullet protection, like a .50 cal. In the engine block stopping a car,
because you can bet they will have a Barrett 50 sniper with a map that size.

CrazyRaisin
  • CrazyRaisin

Consoles suck, yeah I be hatin, problem?

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (Mr.TMP @ Wednesday, Aug 22 2012, 19:36)
I would definitely like to see an improvement to collisions, panels and plastics falling off, better bullet protection, like a .50 cal. In the engine block stopping a car,
because you can bet they will have a Barrett 50 sniper with a map that size.

Get a .50cal> Head to Red County> Pretend you own the place and kill all the "trespassers"

lol.gif

GoonOnFire
  • GoonOnFire

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:58 PM

Imagine hitting a pot hole and getting a bent rim. You then have to call AAA to tow your car. Afterwards, you wait (Game time) for 2 days for them to repair it. Such as fix the dent, paint, mount and balance tires, ect.

Man, NOW THAT..........is what GTA is all about.

Len1b1
  • Len1b1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE (GoonOnFire @ Wednesday, Aug 22 2012, 21:58)
Imagine hitting a pot hole and getting a bent rim. You then have to call AAA to tow your car. Afterwards, you wait (Game time) for 2 days for them to repair it. Such as fix the dent, paint, mount and balance tires, ect.

Man, NOW THAT..........is what GTA is all about.

Waiting two (in-game) days to get your car fixed is where GTA is all about? I thought it was about nicking cars, shooting a prostitute in the face and doing missions.

Outplug
  • Outplug

PSN: Headphenomenon

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE (III H1TMaN III @ Wednesday, Aug 22 2012, 18:27)
I think fuel should leak from the car after enough damge or when you shoot the thing off that covers the fuel. Then shoot the line of fuel and see the fire nearing the vehicle and blow up.

As long as the car doesn't stop because I crashed too much. bored.gif

rixsta
  • rixsta

16PSI 4X4

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:46 PM

I'm all for IV's damage system, just as much as i am for changes.

The damage was good as it wasn't too drastic, but i really missed taking bumpers off.

Another thing that annoyed me. With the burnouts as much as i loved doing them to pop the tires the car could just sit redlining for however long it took to pop them without taking any damage to the engine at all.

No standard/normal care wont cope with that, at least give it a little bit of black smoke, and allow the tire pop to be more drastic.

UltimateVenom
  • UltimateVenom

We are Vemon!

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:11 AM

well bumpers do come off now...

862-1280_zps69ffee02.jpg

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:22 AM

QUOTE (A2002 @ Wednesday, Aug 22 2012, 18:04) How do y'all think the car damage will be in GTAV?? will it be the same GTA IV pro damage or better / improved?? wow.gifwow.gif

you'll be pissed? you need to control your emotions over something so small. Especially when IV's damage was great.

DHG Steeezy
  • DHG Steeezy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:36 AM

IV's damage was alright, but I want to see hoods bend, bumpers falling off, wheels falling off, not just a car bending in the area of impact, for example,2d70da0e_vbattach72252.jpeg

I hope V can do better than this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users