Color schemes for all cars?

34 replies to this topic
Viper-Mitch
  • Viper-Mitch

Vice lover

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

Hey guys,

not sure if this was mentuioned before, but I could not find it.

The question came up to my mind when I was trying some jumps and stunts with the Cheetah I got from Starfish Island. I know that the Cheetah is being used in some of the street races and they have different colors (like brown, white and a lovely turqoise) which you cannot get through Pay'n'Spray.

So is there any possibility to get these?
And furthermore, is there some sort of list for all cars in all the various color schemes (maybe for other GTA games as well?)? The Wiki versions don't show much about it. Some cars got lots of different colors.

Thanks in advance.

BTW, if theres already such a topic, don't scream and shout an kill me. smile.gif

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:45 PM

http://www.gamefaqs....ries/faqs/45990

(Look up 11.12: BLACK CHEETAH )

Only the Black Cheetah is listed as unique though?!

OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:47 PM

for 3era games, you can look for "carcols.dat" file in "rockstar games/gta folder/data" folder.

but for stories games, there is no such thing.

BlackGuard
  • BlackGuard

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE (Viper-Mitch @ Wednesday, Aug 22 2012, 17:28)
I know that the Cheetah is being used in some of the street races and they have different colors (like brown, white and a lovely turqoise) which you cannot get through Pay'n'Spray.

So is there any possibility to get these?

Here's how to get them:
http://www.gtaforums...38&hl=fireproof

Viper-Mitch
  • Viper-Mitch

Vice lover

• Members

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:45 AM

Nice, thanks to all of you!

Gabriel_175
  • Gabriel_175

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:29 AM

Well i think that the color table are like in LCS but we don't know.In LCS there was a option on cheatdevice to change the main color and second color and easy find UC,but in here you must judge by eye.Even if you use black traffic cheat to see what cars are UC sometimes you can be wrong,because is a game setup or the second color is different from the main color.
In LCS there was a Pure White Cheetah with a different second color and a racing vehicle that was a Pure White Cheetah both color were the same color (main and second).
I found 7-8 suspected UC vehicles but they can be game setup or second color.

Viper-Mitch
  • Viper-Mitch

Vice lover

• Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:28 AM

Sorry, but what do you mean with UC?

Gabriel_175
  • Gabriel_175

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (Viper-Mitch @ Friday, Aug 24 2012, 07:28)
Sorry, but what do you mean with UC?

Unique color or Exclusive Color like street racing vehicles(black,pure white and light blue) or the chrome red infernus from Accident will Happen.

Viper-Mitch
  • Viper-Mitch

Vice lover

• Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

Ah, okay.

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE (BlackGuard @ Wednesday, Aug 22 2012, 22:03)
Here's how to get them:
http://www.gtaforums...38&hl=fireproof

Sounds like a very good strategy to get the racing cars in their FP form. A "two-car push" might work also, having one car serving as sort of a "buffer" in between so as not to trigger the race.

I'm just wondering though if anyone had actually tested this and can confirm that the special property can indeed be preserved. For what I can remember, failing the mission and keeping the cars would still remove the FP property.

Gabriel_175
  • Gabriel_175

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:44 AM

@GTA_LOCO i used custom cheats for those racing vehicles and they have these properties:
Bike and Quads:PP/FP/EC
Cars:TP/PP/FP/EC.
I'm currently finishing VCS and found more special vehicles with special vehicles and some older ones that you found have addition properties,new methods to get special vehicles wihtout cheats.
I will try to get them without cheats.Check my topic to see what i found,you may be surprised.
Cheers.

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:17 AM

That's really cool Gabriel, pretty much ingenious ways to obtain those vehicles. I'll check on the updates of your topic for sure.

Personally, I prefer to work on these special vehicles without cheat codes, but then that's only me of course wink.gif

BlackGuard
  • BlackGuard

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:33 PM Edited by BlackGuard, 25 August 2012 - 04:35 PM.

QUOTE (GTA_Loco @ Saturday, Aug 25 2012, 10:18)

I'm just wondering though if anyone had actually tested this and can confirm that the special property can indeed be preserved. For what I can remember, failing the mission and keeping the cars would still remove the FP property.

The properties will indeed be removed if you fail the mission under normal circumstances but you have to keep in mind that a submerged vehicle will be percieved by the game as being destroyed. To my knowledge, the game never changes properties of destroyed vehicles.

Edit: I'm 100% sure that the fireproof property remains, on the PS2, when you use my method.

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:54 PM

Yup, I'm pretty much aware of that wink.gif

I was just wondering, as I haven't tested this myself after a long break playing this game, if the racing script would somehow remove the FP property of the cars regardless of what you do to try to obtain them.

The "preservation" function of the waters on the special properties of the special vehicles applies to most of them, but some missions for some reasons wouldn't let you keep one or all of them whatever you do.

Well I guess the best way to find out about this is to test its FP property after applying the method you mentioned. I was under the impression in your post that you weren't sure if the FP property is still in place afterwards.

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

In my experience the Turismo vehicles are fireproof until the race starts (at which point the proofing is removed).
So if you manage to get control of one without starting the race it should be fireproof.

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:10 PM

You know GTA Phreak, I have a theory also about these FP racing cars that they might behave in a similar way as the QUAD bikes in the mission "When Funday Comes", in reference to how and when the FP property is applied on the vehicles, and as well as the method applicable to obtaining them. Were you able to test the fireproofing of any of the cars during the race, particularly before any one of them reaches the first lap?

In the case of the FP Quad bikes, for some reasons the Quads would be in FP form if you didn't allow the bikers to reach the first lap by blocking their path. Strangely as well, they won't proceed in racing anymore. I made one test where I allowed the Quad bikes to complete the first lap, and then blocked their path before they can complete the second lap. The FP property was gone. So only the theory of an incomplete first lap would work in keeping the bikes FP.

So in this regards, I was imagining that the FP cars might be obtainable by using the same method applicable for the Quad bikes.

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:14 PM Edited by GTA Phreak, 26 August 2012 - 12:20 AM.

I did a bit of testing on a bike race:
I would follow the other racers and when one fell off, I'd get off and douche their bike with the flamethrower.
Their bikes would catch fire but the rider would get back on and continue.
But then I noticed a rider which had stopped on the bike (maybe respawned after getting stuck?), and his bike was fire-proof and I was able to obtain it with proofing (shot the rider and got on before failure).

Edit: Cars appear to be fire-proof during the race, at least on the 1st lap.

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:02 AM

Thanks GTA Phreak for testing on the cars.

So maybe that only indicates then that having a rider/driver and before completion of the 1st lap plus of course killing an opponent and mission failure are the conditions that must be exploited for possibly obtaining the racing vehicles in their FP form.

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:36 PM

Confirmed. I now have a FP black Stinger in my garage, caught during the race.

Used a Firetruck to force the racer into the Compound save place during the Rum & Salsa Sting.
Pushed it around, flipped it and douched it with flamethrower without anything happening. Eventually it made it out in the street again and just stopped. So I pushed it into the water N of the Compound and shot the driver ->Mission failure and the Stinger was still there.
I got in and drove it out of the water, got out and tested that fire proofing was still intact (it was). But now the door was locked again so I had to push it back into the Compound garage.

Other notes: The racers are also damage proof during the race, but that ends with mission failure. They're also immune to damage from flipping, but they're not Rhino proof (and the wreck disappears immediately after failure).

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:53 PM

Great job GTA Phreak! Thank you for the trouble. Will add you to the credits wink.gif

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:06 PM

Speculation: A racer stops when reaching a waypoint after the race has been won by another racer.
If that holds true, it is only necessary to pin down the desired car long enough for another racer to finish, then let it reach the next waypoint. After that it is much more manageable to push.

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:53 PM

Possibly, but Quad bikes behavior in When Fun Day Comes as a reference may prove otherwise. Blocking one racer would stop the others as well from racing, so in effect, there won't be any winner as no one would complete the race.

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:30 PM

Hmm, I don't know why they stop in the middle of the street.
However pinning them down with the Firetruck and then get out and grab the locked doorhandle seems to stop them as well.
They are puncture-proof too, and that saves. (which is infinitely more useful than fire proofing).
I'm going to get a third to test if my strategy is reliable.

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:42 PM

Quite strange indeed. Probably some form of glitch? Goodluck on the third test. I'm trying to update the guide as we speak.

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:18 PM Edited by GTA Phreak, 28 August 2012 - 01:24 PM.

Got #3 in 1. attempt. The grabbing the doorhandle stops them reliably, but apparently stops them from being damage proof too, this one started smoking after some pushing.

Strategy for PP/FP/UC(?) black Stinger:
1) get a Firetruck and a sniper riffle
2) Select the "Rum & Salsa Sting" Turismo race at Sunshine Auto's
3) Drive the Firetruck up to Stonewall J's and get out.
4) You should see the racers lined up a bit off to the East of your position
5) Fire a shot at one of the racers with the sniper rifle, the race should start.
6) Ignore the race and drive the Firetruck directly to the entrance of your Compound safehouse, the route will take the racers right past you.
7) Line up the Firetruck so that you can block the racers, sending 1 down the entrance to the compound, back up a bit so that they'll try to pass you in front of the entrance. You have a reasonable amount of time at your disposal, the racers will come by ~ 1:15 race time.
8) When the black Stinger comes, block its path sending it down the entrance.
9) Nudge it down the narrow passage way, when it enters the compound it will turn left. Pin it down along the wall or in the corner with the Firetruck.
10) Get out and pull the passenger side door handle of the Stinger (the door will be locked). The Stinger will stop moving.
11) Push the Stinger with the Firetruck to the beach to the N of the Compound and into the water somewhere with a gentle slope. It doesn't have to go very far into the water, ~ 1/2 submerged will suffice.
12) Get out and shoot the driver, the race will fail and if the Stinger was in deep enough it will still be there.
13) Nudge the Stinger a bit back up on the beach by swimming behind it, just enough to allow Vic to enter.
14) Drive it out of the water and back into a garage. DO NOT EXIT before it is safely within a garage. If you do exit, the door will be locked and you cannot reenter. (if you end up with a locked Stinger you will have to push it back into a garage).

Credits to BlackGuard for the water bit: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=505238

Gabriel_175
  • Gabriel_175

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:29 AM

Don't forget that the are also TP as well.Well i see there is a ''?'' near UC and we don't know.My guess it is since black traffic cheat doesn't alter the cars color because both color(main and second)are the same,but shame that we don't know if they are the same or different.There are at least 10 suspected UC.

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:30 AM

Thanks a lot GTA Phreak! Will definitely include this in the guide update.

So just to clarify, this method can be applied only to two types of car, the cheetah and stinger right?

I can't quite remember anymore but i think in the other types of car there won't be enough time to snatch them after you kill the driver.
Or the water dunking would help preserve the driverless car after mission failure?

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:14 AM

As long as it is in the water it won't disappear, so it should work for any of the race cars.

QUOTE (Gabriel_175 @ Tuesday, Aug 28 2012, 07:29)
Don't forget that the are also TP as well.Well i see there is a ''?'' near UC and we don't know.My guess it is since black traffic cheat doesn't alter the cars color because both color(main and second)are the same,but shame that we don't know if they are the same or different.There are at least 10 suspected UC.

TP? Flip proof ?
It isn't proofed from flipping or from damage while on it's back after acquisition. That is only temporary while the racer is still in control, probably scripted auto-repairs (and I suspect the protection disappears after you touch the door-handle).

The only proofings remaining after acquisition are fire and puncture proofing.

UC: unique color, not available in traffic or PnS. The ? is because I haven't bothered testing it.
I don't know or care if the color is available through cheating.

Gabriel_175
  • Gabriel_175

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:28 AM Edited by Gabriel_175, 28 August 2012 - 08:31 AM.

Did you check in my topic to see the cheetah racing vehicle in VCS.Even in VCS has TP vehicles used in missions.

I only use the traffic cheat to see what vehicles have possible UC.What version of VCS you have UK or US?

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:36 AM

VCS version: PS2/EU

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users