Armageddon for Modified Cars

1 reply to this topic
Benzoboy
  • Benzoboy

Like Ronnyboy, but better.

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:25 AM

http://www.the-ace.o...eddon/#more-901

We have unfortunately now been proved correct with a single item before the EC parliament that will prevent any modifying and will, currently, render already modified cars illegal.

I'm really hoping this is a load of hyperbole, but what if it isn't? If it is true, then that's over 10 years' worth of hopes and dreams vanished for me. Anyway, I figured that the best course of action at the moment would be to spread the word and let more people know

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Look at his little spots!

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:09 AM

Its pure hyperbole. This is what happens when you have laymen who don't understand EU directives try and interpret them. The proposed legislation does not outlaw modification or make it a MOT failure as many of the sites claim- it merely gives testers a baseline specification for vehicles to compare them to when tests are taken. Its designed to get dangerous cut-and-shuts or poorly repaired write-offs off the road, not persecute the millions of modified car and bike owners. Entire sections of a very lucrative economy are built on modifications and I just can't see any country voluntarily giving up the sizeable tax returns from such a lucrative industry.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users