Photo

[Mission-Pack] Resident Evil 4

111 replies to this topic
Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:10 PM Edited by Zizo008, 03 January 2013 - 12:27 AM.

QUOTE (Kaydee. @ Wednesday, Jan 2 2013, 13:33)
Your latest mission is very good, the best so far with no doubt.

This is exactly what I expected from you, great work.

Thanks Kaydee. I'm really proud of it, it took alot of time to add sounds and find the right places similar to the original game. I'm glad you liked it.
----------------------------------------
user posted image
New logo update
user posted image
Chapter 3-3 is being worked on, expect it to be ready on Saturday/Sunday

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

user posted image
Chapter 3-3 uploaded
Download Now!

NexusUndead
  • NexusUndead

Not Forum Leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:44 AM Edited by NexusUndead, 03 January 2013 - 07:53 AM.

Awesome, im going to play it now!

Edit: Chapter 3-2 leats to 3-1.

Apit2010 (Alanj2007Games)
  • Apit2010 (Alanj2007Games)

Youtuber, Developer (Indie Games), VFX Artist

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

I have played your mission. It's quite good actually. But it's hard.
Zombies with a grenade and gun. (Doesn't make any sense)
But I still like it.

You should make a zombies use a knife or saw.

ProtoZeroZ
  • ProtoZeroZ

The True Zen Corporation Master

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

Its not realy kind that hard, you just need the skills and stuff

NexusUndead
  • NexusUndead

Not Forum Leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:43 AM Edited by NexusUndead, 03 January 2013 - 08:57 AM.

QUOTE (apit2010 @ Thursday, Jan 3 2013, 08:09)
I have played your mission. It's quite good actually. But it's hard.
Zombies with a grenade and gun. (Doesn't make any sense)
But I still like it.

You should make a zombies use a knife or saw.

They're not zombies, check the post whan i posted. They are mind controled

Edit: I played the Chapter 3-3 and, the trap ? What the hell, i killed that clown, than for 1 sec it said get to the door. Cutscene appeared whan i didn't even got to the door, i got cutscene showing trap, but i didn't even appeard there, i had to use trainer to get in there.

So:

8/10

I didn't like'd it much

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:26 PM Edited by Zizo008, 03 January 2013 - 05:20 PM.

Ok, guys you're annoying me with all this "Guns on zombies? Really? No sense" stuff. THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES! they are basicly mind-controlled so that we don't get into details. And please, keep in mind that i'm Remaking the orginal into DYOM, it's not an easy job! It takes time to find the sounds, and the right places similar to the game, while maintaining an understandable story. Chapter 3-3 in the original could be completed in 15 minutes at least, and i'm glad i kept it at a decent length of 5 minutes with DYOM. I know it may not always work with the usual "DYOM Format" but this is the best i could do, if you go watch a Let's Play of this Chapter, you'll see that i implemented most of the ideas. So please, when giving feedback, keep in mind that it's a Remake and be more understanding.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Soldier

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

So,okey,i played some of those missions few months ago. I've finished the original game,so i can get,what's going on and i'm aware that actors with weapons are not zombies.
I can say your writing is very good. icon14.gif Almost no spelling mistakes. I'll play the rest of missions these days and give you full feedback. wink.gif

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE (AnDReJ98 @ Thursday, Jan 3 2013, 18:55)
So,okey,i played some of those missions few months ago. I've finished the original game,so i can get,what's going on and i'm aware that actors with weapons are not zombies.
I can say your writing is very good. icon14.gif Almost no spelling mistakes. I'll play the rest of missions these days and give you full feedback. wink.gif

Thanks AnDReJ, the first 6 missions should be played with V6 though, especially the 3rd one.

------------

Warning! Do not read unless you played Chapter 3-3
How many of you:
1- Found the Sniper
2- Found the RPG
3- Found both RPG and Sniper
4- Found none

NexusUndead
  • NexusUndead

Not Forum Leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE (Zizo008 @ Friday, Jan 4 2013, 10:16)
Warning! Do not read unless you played Chapter 3-3
How many of you:
1- Found the Sniper
2- Found the RPG
3- Found both RPG and Sniper
4- Found none

I found RPG in that garage

ProtoZeroZ
  • ProtoZeroZ

• Members

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

Zizo! Make them a reminder per missions so people will notice that reminder

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (ProtoZeroZ @ Friday, Jan 4 2013, 11:49)
Zizo! Make them a reminder per missions so people will notice that reminder

Ok Proto, thanks for the tip.

--------------------------

Chapter 3-4 is under work and will be released on Saturday/Sunday

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

user posted image
Chapter 3-4 uploaded
Download Now!

REMINDER: They are not zombies! Click Here for more information.
TIP: Hide in the shadows and observe there routes! If you read this, it's your fault if it seems hard.

NexusUndead
  • NexusUndead

Not Forum Leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

Okay, I played Chapter 3-4 and, it was kinda short. I liked the sound, two questions:

How do you export the sound files from the game ?

When's the next mission ?

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (NexusUndead @ Saturday, Jan 5 2013, 20:29)
Okay, I played Chapter 3-4 and, it was kinda short. I liked the sound, two questions:

How do you export the sound files from the game ?

When's the next mission ?

It FELT short! It propably took you 5-4 minutes.
  1. Simple, just find a video with the game's cutscenes. Convert to MP3 and cut the parts you need. It kinda takes sometime though.
  2. I don't know actually. This one will propably have the length of Chapter 3-2 but there are things that i doubt if i could implement to DYOM.
Thanks for the immediate feedback Nexus!

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:47 PM Edited by Zizo008, 07 January 2013 - 08:41 PM.

Guys, i updated the main post with a full missions list, an upcoming side story and new headers.
I have a question to you, would you like to play it with skins? I'm currently trying to find all the skins for the main characters and i'm almost done, here's a list:
Leon S.Kennedy
Ada Wong
Jack Krauser
Luis Sera
Ashley Graham
Weapon skins

So would you like if i post these? I still didn't find skins for the antagonists and i don't think i will because there's no sign of them on the internet.
------------------------
Chapter 4-1 might be released around saturday to monday. It's going to be hard to design so it might be even longer.
------------------------
I'm quite surprised how nobody gave me credit on using sounds (voice acting, sound effects, music,etc...) even though i'm the first one to do so i think.

ProtoZeroZ
  • ProtoZeroZ

• Members

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

sure add them if you want i might like them

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (ProtoZeroZ @ Tuesday, Jan 8 2013, 04:29)
sure add them if you want i might like them

Here you go: http://www.mediafire...wsa8ci9n7b4su18
I hope you and all the players like them smile.gif

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

Well, as i said before in The Designers Lounge...
QUOTE (Zizo008 @ Wednesday, Jan 9 2013, 21:01)
QUOTE (Zizo008 @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 22:00)
Guys, i have an annoucement to make, a bad one.
Sadly, there's a possibility that i might leave for some time, i had bad grades this semester and my mom is not happy about it whatsthat.gif . I tried to be as active as i could in these last days, but when the results come, i may not be here anymore, so i wanted to warn you all before it's too late. I'll either stay active as usual, visit each saturday or completely gone for a semester.
Remember, this is just a possibility, so it's still not confirmed.

Well, i guess it's confirmed, but thanks to my bro who just came back after a long time from school, mom will leave it because he needs it. Problem is that he's returning a month after so that's propably the end for me.

My brother is bossing over the computer sneaky2.gif and i could barely find time to design, there might be a mission released in these remaining days. For the time being, i'll update the skins since i found some new ones for enemies, not all of them but it's better than nothing. I'll also keep an eye on things here.
I'm really sad how it had to take this long, if i was dedicated as much as possible i would've completed this months back, but V7 does improve alot, i think if i did improve alot in school mom might leave it for weekends so there could be a chance this stays going.
I hope you all enjoyed my missions...

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Soldier

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

So okay,i'll give you feedback about first chapter that i've played few months ago,but i'll also give you feedback about newest missions. Spelling was excellent! I've not found almost any mistakes for some missions,in two or three missions was maybe only one but excellent! Much better than me!
When someone want to remake game in DYOM,sometimes i can't feel that what i can feel in original game,but in your remake i could feel it like i was playing original game. You tried your best with interiors,you used interiors that are too close to RE's. First missions i finished quickly. Like 3-4 minutes,but when i was following though the story,mission become more and more longer & complicated,i liked it! At the beining,you gave us 9mm,it sucked cause zombies with chainsaws were easy to kill cause i usually give them head shot. But With the desert (i don't know why) it was f*cking hard,i just couldn't target them to head,so i had to shoot them anywere fast,just to survive. I like the choice,missions. However it's hard and sh*t to do in DYOM ,this with different paths was good!
Keep it up brother! icon14.gif

8.8/10

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE (AnDReJ98 @ Friday, Jan 18 2013, 20:26)
So okay,i'll give you feedback about first chapter that i've played few months ago,but i'll also give you feedback about newest missions. Spelling was excellent! I've not found almost any mistakes for some missions,in two or three missions was maybe only one but excellent! Much better than me!
When someone want to remake game in DYOM,sometimes i can't feel that what i can feel in original game,but in your remake i could feel it like i was playing original game. You tried your best with interiors,you used interiors that are too close to RE's. First missions i finished quickly. Like 3-4 minutes,but when i was following though the story,mission become more and more longer & complicated,i liked it! At the beining,you gave us 9mm,it sucked cause zombies with chainsaws were easy to kill cause i usually give them head shot. But With the desert (i don't know why) it was f*cking hard,i just couldn't target them to head,so i had to shoot them anywere fast,just to survive. I like the choice,missions. However it's hard and sh*t to do in DYOM ,this with different paths was good!
Keep it up brother! icon14.gif

8.8/10

Thanks for the feedback AnDReJ98!
Those first missions were kinda my first steps on DYOM, i'm glad it turned out good. I didn't put any chainsaw-ers with HS on, I dunno. And what desert are you talking about? You mean the deathrun? Yeah that was hard if you don't know what's coming to ya tounge.gif
Missions made with DYOM V7 are alot better, you'll see why sly.gif
----------------------------
I'm happy to tell you that Chapter 4-1 is being worked on biggrin.gif

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Soldier

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

I mean 'I usually give head shoots to zombies with chainsaw'. And about desert,i mean desert pistol. Gun. icon14.gif

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (AnDReJ98 @ Sunday, Jan 20 2013, 19:36)
I mean 'I usually give head shoots to zombies with chainsaw'. And about desert,i mean desert pistol. Gun. icon14.gif

Oh you mean Desert Eagle? I really don't remember giving it in any of my RE4 missions, you always start with a 9mm and an extra weapon that you can get from the merchant if you find him, but those ones are Rifle or Shotgun as far as i remember.

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

user posted image
Chapter 4-1 uploaded
Download Now!

ProtoZeroZ
  • ProtoZeroZ

• Members

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:07 AM

Great job and great mission smile.gif

DyomKing
  • DyomKing

My Name Is KING

• Members

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:21 PM Edited by DyomKing, 08 April 2013 - 03:09 AM.

Cool I played your whole series and this was awesome
EDIT
Well your this series is awesome I Played it so many time for enjoy your story concept is very good and i am waiting for next mission btw i am also like your sound putting ability you are put small small sound i right time like gates open close and players voice sound etc.
I give it9/10
Well done.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:31 AM

Ahh I finally sat down and played most of the missions from start to finish, and there is dramatically lot of changes you made from the v6.1 missions and v7 missions. I need to put my rage aside to give a fair rating, but this was the first MP that pissed me off because of the difficulty tounge.gif .

General: Alright, anyone who is gonna play this MP and has not done so yet, needs to be really patient! This really tested my patience and threw me into a huge rage fit in Chapter 3 angry.gif , believe me that is rare for me. I really have not played the original game to speak of everything, but this MP starts off really basic with different waves of "zombies" and progressively gets more difficult as missions go on. Later it gets better with really interesting puzzles and more use of objects. I have played previous Resident Evil games, so I can say this MP does a great job at bring that to life with DYOM! icon14.gif icon14.gif

Gameplay:

Pros - The gameplay is pretty basic at first, but it gets more interesting with each mission. When the missions started using v7, they really made it more interesting. The weapon unlocks is not something I have seen before, but when you had to start finding the weapons, it made it much better. There is a great variety with combat, puzzles, finding pickups, protecting Ashley, and they get better with each mission. Most the missions vary in length, but some get around 12mins-15 min.

Cons -The difficulty is ridiculously hard from missions in Ch.2 and 3, especially 3-1 and 3-2. I really think you should of gave Ashley more HP than that, because there is just not enough time to get ready for that. I FAILED 10 TIMES before I just said f*ck it and moved on. I cannot blame it all on you because the AI of SA really made Ashley lot more dumb than she really is. However there is atleast 1 parkour puzzle that if you fail, you have no choice to restart the mission. If there is too many of these small issues, it makes the whole experience less enjoyable.

Cineamatics and Environment:

Cutscenes:

Pros - The cutscenes are done very well, and very good use of the moving cutscenes. When you added the sounds from the game, it made the experience much better and you feel more immersed. You really have to look from a designers perspective from this because the player does not really pay attention to every objective and see the skills.

Cons - I don't really think I have anything that might be better with the cutscenes. I guess in the earlier missions the writing was not great, but it picked up a lot in the last recent missions.

Environment and objects:

I think this is where it shines and which is really good work! Most of the missions are done in interiors and have plenty of objects to immerse the player into the environment and it was done really well. The weather was good choice. That requires some good creativity, some that I have not even come up with myself yet. There are a few object placements that did not fit, but most of them did.

Conclusion: Everything put together, the moving cutscenes, added sounds and objects, the gameplay, It definitely shows you have put a lot of work into it, almost too much work tounge.gif . It definitely does not help me and some other designers back into "simple missions" Even with the struggles, I found some enjoyment into it. You probably put more effort into each mission than I do sometimes.

My rating so far: 92/100.

Keep up the great work Zizo! icon14.gif

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

Thanks for the high rating and the long constructive feedback DP. I almost thought you forgot about this. smile.gif
Well, the first 6 missions were kinda my first steps into DYOM. Back then, i was designing a bit differently and had some wrong ideas like to not make missions more than 30 objectives.
The difficulty, well, you see there are things in the original game which kinda ruins everything when it's in DYOM, like Ashley's health, in the original if you shoot her she dies one shot or dies by 2 hits from enemies. Or the parkour part, it was supposed to be like a death hole, that's why i didn't add a way back. I did however fix her health in Chapter 4-1 which is the first mission you come back with her in V7.
Resident Evil 4 is alot different than the old ones, it has alot more action to it, a mix between survival horror and action. The best RE i played and that's why i remade it in Dyom!
I really don't have much time right now and it can get annoying at times designing RE4, i'm kinda begining to lean to the more normal GTA missions.

JuNioR_
  • JuNioR_

All you had to do was follow the damn train...

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

Where is the RPG guy in 4-1? I can't pass it because I can't find him. I only found 1 shooter in another building sad.gif BTW nice missions!

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

Thanks Junior, glad your back. biggrin.gif
To be honest, i really don't remember blush.gif . HOWEVER, AznKei made a video about it that can help you:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users