Photo

[Mission-Pack] Resident Evil 4

113 replies to this topic
LFarmer
  • LFarmer

DYOM Mission Designer

• Members

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:04 PM

Wow!! I'm really impressed with your designing skills too.
Keep up the good work and good luck with this.

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia
  • Best DYOM Mission 2012 [Resident Evil 4]

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:35 PM Edited by Zizo008, 17 December 2012 - 01:48 PM.

user posted image
Chapter 3-1 Available
Download Link

LFarmer
  • LFarmer

DYOM Mission Designer

• Members

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE (Zizo008 @ Wednesday, Sep 26 2012, 13:35)
Chapter 3-1 Available!
Download!

Haha, it's out! Gonna try this later.

Alan Eastwood
  • Alan Eastwood

Waiting for a light that never comes

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:02 PM

Here's the feedback...

Chapter 1-1

I really liked the first mission, agreed everywhere the real game, I thought I'd find a little after Luis, but I think it was too soon, no matter, as the mission seemed perfect.

Chapter 1-2
This mission it was obviously better than the first one, i really liked the part with the trap and that big tractor coming, very original, and in the beginning i died like 2 times when those villagers were throwing greaneades and molotovs :3 i hated them.

Chapter 1-3+ 2-1
I liked this mission, I did not see much difference, I liked the part where you take the secret place and have to run from explosions, I loved it biggrin.gif .

Chapter 2-2
Much more action ... and villagers with molotovs and grenades, got more interesting when you get the help of Louis: D this part of the real game I like.

Chapter 2-3
This mission was a little more hard when you fight against the village chief, nice.

Chapter 3-1
There was not much difference in this mission, something short but Was good, I keep waiting for the other missions.

My Rating:
8,5/10 Keep it up!

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (TheXProyect @ Sunday, Sep 30 2012, 23:02)
Here's the feedback...

Chapter 1-1

I really liked the first mission, agreed everywhere the real game, I thought I'd find a little after Luis, but I think it was too soon, no matter, as the mission seemed perfect.

Chapter 1-2
This mission it was obviously better than the first one, i really liked the part with the trap and that big tractor coming, very original, and in the beginning i died like 2 times when those villagers were throwing greaneades and molotovs :3 i hated them.

Chapter 1-3+ 2-1
I liked this mission, I did not see much difference, I liked the part where you take the secret place and have to run from explosions, I loved it biggrin.gif .

Chapter 2-2
Much more action ... and villagers with molotovs and grenades, got more interesting when you get the help of Louis: D this part of the real game I like.

Chapter 2-3
This mission was a little more hard when you fight against the village chief, nice.

Chapter 3-1
There was not much difference in this mission, something short but Was good, I keep waiting for the other missions.

My Rating:
8,5/10 Keep it up!

Thanks man! I'll keep'm comin'! biggrin.gif

sorv
  • sorv

The Hero

• Members

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:06 PM

cool missions.creative mission.Keep it up.
and also see my mission "THE Tiger" Hope you like it and don't forget to give some feedback.

xGhoztx
  • xGhoztx

• Members

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:27 PM

Hmm, not bad, not bad at all, zizo.

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:03 PM

Thanks for your support guys! happy.gif

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:48 PM Edited by Zizo008, 27 December 2012 - 09:21 PM.

user posted image
- Added -

Let's Play by Arejai
Review by Arejai
Screenshots
Current Mission-Pack Download

This Mission-Pack will continue once DYOM V7 is released.

LFarmer
  • LFarmer

DYOM Mission Designer

• Members

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:35 PM

Looking forward to the next missions!

Kaydee.
  • Kaydee.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

Warning! May contain spoilers, read at your own risk.

First mission: Good enough for an Introduction. It showed well what are our objectives.
But I didn't like to kill those villagers: They can be defeated easily, as most of them can be killed by headshot and the fight take place in an open area.
It's more challenging to fight zombies in an interior, as we're not able to hide from them.

Second Mission: Better than the previous mission. At the end we meet a guy who told me something that made me curious. Good work on making me curious.

Third Mission: This mission is clearly enhanced, comparing to the others. The tunnel part was so fun and creative, simply great. The animations and cutscenes well done created.

I'll play the remaining missions later.

Some points I'd like toe expose:

The dialogues are poor, you could make them more interesting, revealing more from the story from them. Not a big problem.
Missions are fun and you've created creative objectives like traps, the truck that attempted to kill me, please keep up with it
Despite this is a remake of a game, you've managed to make it interesting by adding your details, this is something I'd like to emphasize, keep up with your originality and creativity.
The cutscenes are interesting and you made the use of various animations, other great point.
Don't assign weapons to the zombies, it's unrealistic and it turns our mission harder. And place the fight in a closed area,as we won't be able to run from them, turning more challenging.
Longer missions would be even more amazing, although I'm aware that you'd rather to keep them short.
There is suspense at the end of some missions, it is goof to don't know what is going to happen.
A little bit of the story is revealed in each mission, good work on that. Much better than spoiling the story in the first mission.
We're playing somewhere that looks more like a desert, it's boring to stay somewhere empty, so i recommend you to work on the objects.
Hope to see twists on future missions.

Overall this missionpack is very good, filled with fun, challenges and creativity. Keep up the good work.

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

Thanks for the feedback!
- I agree that the dialogues are poor, i'll work on them, especialy now with the moving cutscenes and sound.
- As for longer missions, it's hard, since there are many different actions on the original game and it's either unable to be implemented to DYOM or repetitive, i try to focus on the general ideas.
- About the objects, again, since i'm remaking it from the original game, some environments maybe "desert", i either try to make them look perfect or "decent" enough for the story to move on. But yeah, i'll work on them.
- And lastly, about unrealistic zombies, they're actually realistic, because they're not zombies in the first place, it's the reason why i chose RE4, i hate it on zombie mission packs where they give them chainsaws and such when they actually should be always unarmed. However in RE4 as written in the quote below, they're basicly mind-controlled people, that's why i can give them whatever i want, same thing actualy happens in the game. Here's a quote from the resident evil wiki to understand what you're dealing with in this MP.
Unlike the t-Virus (a virus that turns humans into zombies in the resident evil series), which turned its victims into mindless zombies, the victims of Plaga (such as the Ganado and Majini) become much stronger and highly resistant to pain, while working collectively to pursue their targets. Another side effect is the loss of higher reasoning, except in select subjects (who still are unable to shake off the need to obey higher orders) and the full compliance to the dominant-strain Plaga.

So, yeah, thanks again, can't wait for the next feedback for the next missions! smile.gif

ProtoZeroZ
  • ProtoZeroZ

The True Zen Corporation Master

• Members

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

So your waiting for v7 for your next missions?

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE (ProtoZeroZ @ Friday, Dec 21 2012, 23:19)
So your waiting for v7 for your next missions?

Yes, it will be far more better since i'm going to integrate sound effects and voices from the original game and i found the objects to be useful for the next missions. I'm planning to remake the 1st six missions with V7 once everything is done. There'll be also some minigames like in the original RE4, i'm sure you'll like'em.

Defuzed
  • Defuzed

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

Awesome Mp. Looking forward to this. Love the Cabin Fight!

Takahiro855
  • Takahiro855

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:37 AM

QUOTE (Zizo008 @ Wednesday, Aug 29 2012, 09:45)
QUOTE (Secronom President @ Wednesday, Aug 29 2012, 01:46)
I played the three missions.

Nice use of the weather and of various different similar locations. I think I only spotted one spelling mistake. As for the first mission: I found it short, but that's only the first mission. I also liked how things ended. As for the second mission: the thing I didn't like was that if you went to close of the three guys with a Rifle, the grenades and the molotovs, it would be hard to get rid of them; the one with Rifle seems to have good and high accuracy which makes him shoot at you from far away and if you get too close, you have to deal with the shots and the fire and explosion. That weather didn't help to get a good shot from away. Interesting ending too. As for the third mission: the player doesn't run fast enough to reach the end of the tunnel before the explosions reach him, thus: mission failed; mission failed; mission failed; mission failed; mission failed; etc. Nonetheless, the missions are good and interesting story.

Thank you for playing Secronom President
Can you tell me what's the spelling mistake? I really want it to be perfectly written. For the second mission, I had to make a hard part because since they're mostly meleeing enemies it would be easy. For the third mission, once Leon said it, you have to tap as fast as you can the run button, if you make it out of the cave, you might have missed the checkpoint, so look back.

player easily ran out of stamina u know if he started running from the start of tunnel until the end.

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:14 PM Edited by Zizo008, 28 December 2012 - 07:34 PM.

Well, don't run from the start of the tunnel colgate.gif
EDIT: 7th mission is being worked on, designing is almost complete and sound will be added. This mission is way different than before, i'm trying to make it as close to the game as possible. For those who didn't play it, you might not understand some things as it became very similar to the original and i skipped some info due to DYOM V6's limitations. It's going to be the longest mission i made.

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:07 PM Edited by Zizo008, 29 December 2012 - 05:14 PM.

user posted image
Chapter 3-2 uploaded
Download Now!

NexusUndead
  • NexusUndead

Not Forum Leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

This mission was epicly cool! I got so scared whan it said: Kill the muppets [or something like that] the scary music started to play biggrin.gif , on the puzzle part, you could have added a part to get up, i had to restart the mission twice! And whan we had to kill the zombies after we talked to the "monster boss" it was so hard, zombies with RPG, really ? But it was hard, i had to restart the mission like 4 times, but i passed, this was awesome, waiting for more missions.

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (NexusUndead @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 18:35)
This mission was epicly cool! I got so scared whan it said: Kill the muppets [or something like that] the scary music started to play biggrin.gif , on the puzzle part, you could have added a part to get up, i had to restart the mission twice! And whan we had to kill the zombies after we talked to the "monster boss" it was so hard, zombies with RPG, really ? But it was hard, i had to restart the mission like 4 times, but i passed, this was awesome, waiting for more missions.

Thanks for the feedback Nexus!
I know it was hard, but believe me, in the "beta" version, that pillar part was almost impossible to complete, even i couldn't pass it. And i made it with no comeback because it's supposed to be a death hole or something like that. And for the last time, they're not zombies! They're mind-controlled humans by the plaga virus. The dominant-strain plaga holder such as Salazar, have the ability to control them, just like he said in the cutscene. So they can use any weapons, and that's in the original game too.
The next mission will be either released early the next week or propably a long time later. Because the holidays here started a week earlier than most countries as far as i know.

ProtoZeroZ
  • ProtoZeroZ

The True Zen Corporation Master

• Members

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:23 AM

Good work smile.gif like the the moving objects and moving cutscenes including Ada`s walking scene thing
too bad i dont have sounds to hear musics xP blame my sound card for being broken

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (ProtoZeroZ @ Sunday, Dec 30 2012, 04:23)
Good work smile.gif like the the moving objects and moving cutscenes including Ada`s walking scene thing
too bad i dont have sounds to hear musics xP blame my sound card for being broken

Thanks! So sad you couldn't hear sound, it was one of the things that made the mission cool.
Guys, i have a question for you. Would you like i remake the 1st six missions? They'll have sound on and the story will be alot more detailed, plus, since i have a clear idea of what i'm making, it should be published fast. OR do i work on the next missions?

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE (Zizo008 @ Monday, Dec 31 2012, 00:48)
Guys, i have a question for you. Would you like i remake the 1st six missions? They'll have sound on and the story will be alot more detailed, plus, since i have a clear idea of what i'm making, it should be published fast. OR do i work on the next missions?

Nope, proceed with the next missions. You can make a remake after finishing this entire mission pack. In this stage, people won't be interested in playing the remake of the missions which they just finished playing so you better proceed creating the next missions. You can make a remake later.

Good luck.

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE (shiva s @ Monday, Dec 31 2012, 02:03)

Nope, proceed with the next missions. You can make a remake after finishing this entire mission pack. In this stage, people won't be interested in playing the remake of the missions which they just finished playing so you better proceed creating the next missions. You can make a remake later.

Good luck.

That was convincing i guess. Thanks for the advice smile.gif
By the way, did you play them?

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE (Zizo008 @ Monday, Dec 31 2012, 01:04)
QUOTE (shiva s @ Monday, Dec 31 2012, 02:03)

Good luck.

That was convincing i guess. Thanks for the advice smile.gif
By the way, did you play them?

No not yet, sorry.

I haven't even tested V7 since I don't have my PC with me right now.

The - Hunter
  • The - Hunter

/\ Is Dead /\

• Members

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:23 AM

compliments beautiful missions. wink.gif

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:23 PM Edited by Zizo008, 02 January 2013 - 12:29 PM.

Guys, Chapter 3-3 is being worked on. But it's not as long this time.

LFarmer
  • LFarmer

DYOM Mission Designer

• Members

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE (Zizo008 @ Monday, Dec 31 2012, 20:23)
Guys, Chapter 3-3 is bieng worked on. But it's not as long this time.

bieng biggrin.gif

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

Fixed it LF. But you should have either told me about on PM or posted something more meaningful alongside it.

Kaydee.
  • Kaydee.

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

Your latest mission is very good, the best so far with no doubt.

This is exactly what I expected from you, great work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users