Dexter

269 replies to this topic
Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:15 PM

Wait, is this the most popular Dexter topic around? 
What the f*ck?

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:19 PM

Wait, is this the most popular Dexter topic around? 
What the f*ck?

Yeah. 

Insert i-liked-it-until-season-4 here.

I did, come on it was suposed to end with Dexter dead but they simply did not allow the writers to do that.

Books would be better without the moloch thing too.

• EntretainMeOrDie likes this

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:39 PM

I loved every single season; well, almost for I didn't particularly like the second half of the last season.

Anyway, imo, season 1 and 4 are some of the best TV contents I've ever seen! 2 was fantstic and so was 3.

5 was not inferior to 3 imo and 7 was a bit better than those two. Six was imo, inferior to 7.

All in all, Dexter was a quality show ( that had 4 masterclass seasons in 1,2,4 and 7 ), and a few other good to mediocre seasons.

Dexter was also portrayed excellently by Michael C Hall.

• Mr Rabbit, EntretainMeOrDie and TaviColen123 like this

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

Part-time spy, full-time maniac

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:58 AM

I loved every single season; well, almost for I didn't particularly like the second half of the last season.

Anyway, imo, season 1 and 4 are some of the best TV contents I've ever seen! 2 was fantstic and so was 3.

5 was not inferior to 3 imo and 7 was a bit better than those two. Six was imo, inferior to 7.

All in all, Dexter was a quality show ( that had 4 masterclass seasons in 1,2,4 and 7 ), and a few other good to mediocre seasons.

Dexter was also portrayed excellently by Michael C Hall.

Agreed in full.

I loved season 1 and 2 so damned much. 4 as well. Bloody mad, and season 7 I really did enjoy but the death of Isaac was a bit meh.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Most Valuable Player 2014
    Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:28 AM

Dammit, i thought a new season was announced.

:(

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

You Sir, Do Not Praise The Sun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:47 PM

I'm on Season 3 ep. 5 now. Really liking this show.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:35 PM

It did go downhill after season 4 but I still enjoyed it and stuck with it till the end.

Just after season 4, the whole direction of the show kind of changed. They were setting it all up for the finale/character development but it wasn't as good without Dexter being his usual self, hunting a target every episode.

Michael C. Hall was fantastic throughout. I've been a fan since Six Feet Under.

That show is, in my opinion, one of the best in the last decade.

troysayshi
  • troysayshi

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:46 PM

I've got this hidden away somewhere...I might have to think of giving it a watch sometime inbetween GTA and whatever else I haven't got round to watching or playing yet.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:02 PM

It did go downhill after season 4 but I still enjoyed it and stuck with it till the end.

Just after season 4, the whole direction of the show kind of changed. They were setting it all up for the finale/character development but it wasn't as good without Dexter being his usual self, hunting a target every episode.

Watching Six Feet Under now. I enjoyed the first two seasons, but the third one is, I don't know...not like the first season and a half. It's boring, to be honest. Should I stick with this?

• Audiophile likes this

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:55 PM

Season 4, episode 6. Still pretty good show.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:17 AM

Watching Six Feet Under now. I enjoyed the first two seasons, but the third one is, I don't know...not like the first season and a half. It's boring, to be honest. Should I stick with this?

Absolutely stick with it. There are slow parts, especially during the whole Nate and Lisa storyline but...well....it'll pass. Stick with it, bro. Season 4 is legit and so is 5. It gets better.

And the finale...oh man....the finale. Best final scene of any show I've seen. I will admit, I teared up during it and I still do at times when I rewatch it even now.

• Ferocious Banger likes this

word is bond
  • word is bond

yo

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:17 AM

*sigh* I forgot Dexter was finished. :( It was one of the best TV series I've ever had the pleasure of watching all the way through (sans the finale). I'm tempted to reactivate my Netflix account and re-watch it all over again.

Jc_39a
  • Jc_39a

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:38 PM

When I've finish Breaking Bad, I might start watching Dexter.

• esmittystud101 likes this

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:19 PM Edited by esmittystud101, 03 March 2014 - 04:24 PM.

Okay, i was driving in traffic the other day and a guy in front of me had a Dexter 2016 sticker on his back windshield. It was a picture of Dexter's face with Dexter written under it and than the 2016 under it. Does anyone have any clue as to what it means?

edit: It is basically a political windshield sticker that is saying they want Dexter to run for president in 2016.

Currently on Season 6, episode 3.

Show is still really good. I have heard about alot of negative reviews on anything past season 4. But I still really like it. Just wondering why people don't like it past season 4.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:16 PM

I can't speak for everyone but I disliked the direction it went after season 4. Pre-season 4 we always had Dexter hunting a target each episode and a general storyline throughout the season that culminated in the finale. 

After season 4 it's basically Dexter chasing a group of bad guys or one bad guy for the entire season. There was a kill here and there maybe in the first or second episode. He still goes on talking about what a bad guy he is, how he destroys everything he loves, how he's a serial killer when he was moving away from that for his son and after what had happened at the end of season 4. 

That changed the show pace-wise and direction-wise for a lot of people. I stuck with it and some episodes were still really good, some seasons I somewhat enjoyed even but it wasn't the same old Dexter.

I understand why they did it tho, they were doing character development and setting it up for the end. Dexter had a son now, he couldn't go on the way he had been forever. But even then, Harrison to me just seemed like he was "there" because he'd gotten a nanny who seemed to be more there for Harrison than Dexter. After season 4, it was the beginning of the end in more ways than one. 

The finale also left a lot to be desired. It seemed like they just pussied out of what they had planned or just gave up. It kind of felt like a kick in the face to me because I'd watched since the beginning and stuck with it throughout. 

That's just my opinion on why I didn't enjoy the show after season 4 as much. I've heard a lot of other people say much of the same tho. It was still a good show, just not at the level it used to be. To me it felt like the writers were giving up or had run out of material/steam. 

• Ferocious Banger likes this

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:46 PM

*Spoiler*

I think the ending was good. Why? because now if they want they can either have a movie or continue the series later if they wanted. I highly dout it. But who would of though "24" was ever going to come out again. But I know that is far fetched. I still really enjoyed the whole series. I liked how the series turned from him having someone on a table every episode to family stuff and the accasional table killing. I have a son now too and in a funny little way I connected with that. I also have a bitchy sister just like him. I really liked that they took "whole seasons" to kill off one bad guy, kept you on your heals the whole time. I also liked that they didn't kill Dexter off at the end and everyone thinks he's dead. The last scene though, when he is just sitting there is great. Dexter as a logger, that is too good. It left you wondering what now. Of course I'm always the odd ball critic. People hated the show Lost's ending too. I loved it.

M210F
  • M210F

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:18 AM

I watched the first two seasons on Netflix and never started the third. The first season was phenomenal; by halfway through the second season, though, the characters were really grating (they started off that way, to be fair; whoever wrote needed a thesaurus so that they can go 3 sentences without saying 'f*ck' or 'sh*t') and I couldn't stand the thought of listening to them for another season.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:41 PM

It is Showtime, not ABC. But I understand.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:02 AM

Can I just preach this out to everyone on the internet?

I feel like I've been f*cked in the ass and hit over the hit... I mean... holy sh*t, I think this gives Lost or The Sopranos a run for their sh*tty endings' money. 

Jesus Christ, I'm pissed off and the whole world needs to know it!

ZDogN7
  • ZDogN7

I f*cking love steak

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2015 - 04:11 PM

Apparently there thinking about making a dexter spin off show about his life as a lumber jack

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 March 2015 - 11:47 PM

I'd call it deadwoo-oh wait that's already a thing.

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:09 AM

Honestly, a Dexter Breaks Good type show might be worth watching. Overcoming his demons instead of feeding into them.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Phill Bellic. The Universal L.E.O.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:00 AM

I wonder how hey would be able to carry that through.

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:28 AM

Constant temptations, gory fantasies. Things like that.
If you've ever seen The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, I'm imagining something like that, only not corny. Also, I don't think he would necessarily have to stay in Astoria or wherever he was in the finale.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Love For Sale

• The Lost MC
  • Unknown

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:01 PM Edited by Majestic81, 09 March 2015 - 09:01 PM.

Spoiler

OH NO
  • OH NO

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:05 PM

Can I just preach this out to everyone on the internet?

I feel like I've been f*cked in the ass and hit over the hit... I mean... holy sh*t, I think this gives Lost or The Sopranos a run for their sh*tty endings' money. 

Jesus Christ, I'm pissed off and the whole world needs to know it!

Sopranos ending is a work of genius, imo. Dexters rapidly declining quality and shoddy mid/later seasons and Losts  'lets just make up a load of old crap' really arent comparable to the planning and execution of the Sopranos finale. 

The gall of you to even imply it. tsk

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2015 - 04:56 AM

Just finished Dexter.

That might be one of the most disappointing series finales ever. Which is surprising considering they had done some spectacular season finales. They juggled and rushed too many things and couldn't decide which way to go with it.

ZDogN7
  • ZDogN7

I f*cking love steak

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:24 PM Edited by Thelema93, 16 June 2015 - 12:26 PM.

the entire last season was pretty sh*tty if you ask me. the first two seasons were the best IMO. I loved the Ice truck killer/Bay harbour butcher storylines.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 17 June 2015 - 06:09 AM

I found the second season to be the best of the lot, hands down. The whole chasing the Bay Harbour Butcher thing was thrillingly done. Every episode kept you on the hook. Season 1 is the second best, then Season 4 and then Season 3. Season 6-8 are on the same level for me. Season 5 was the worst. That whole season felt like a filler episode.

All in all, it was a good series but it got dragged a season too long. It would have been great and had even more seasons if the writers had managed to keep up but sadly, they couldn't.

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 June 2015 - 09:38 PM

I found the second season to be the best of the lot, hands down. The whole chasing the Bay Harbour Butcher thing was thrillingly done. Every episode kept you on the hook. Season 1 is the second best, then Season 4 and then Season 3.

I'd agree with that ordering, but my one flaw with season 2 is in how Lundy just writes off evidence that exonerates Doakes. He did have reasons to not trust La Guerta but how he wrote off that evidence just smacked of plot convenience, especially as La Guerta's evidence could most likely be verified by Matthews or some other high-ranking officer. Other than that it was the best quality television I had seen up til that point (a few shows have since surpassed it), I couldn't stop watching it I had to binge the latter half of season 2, and 1 as well.

• Girish likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users