Photo

Dexter

269 replies to this topic
Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:26 AM

i actually like this season, it may not feel like a final season but i like that, House did that, 24 as well, only the final few episodes felt like the end, I actually like the idea of the final season not seeming like a final season, like it is routine for the characters

That hurricane in the ep 11 promo... I hope that ends up with some of his bodies washing up on shore leading to another investigation, doubt it though.

24 and House :) my 2 favorite shows of all time.

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:54 AM

I almost teared up at

Spoiler

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

Sentry goin' up

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Most Valuable Player 2014
    Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:07 PM Edited by AndyGanteks, 16 September 2013 - 05:10 PM.

Lame ending to ep 11 that makes no sense.

Spoiler

Eh....

Hawkster
  • Hawkster

The One Who Knocks

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:38 PM

Last 2 episodes have left me disappointed. I've not got high hopes for the finale.

gtagirlie
  • gtagirlie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:44 AM

Absolutely hate this season

In Bed With Jed
  • In Bed With Jed

=A=

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:40 PM

Jesus. This season man. I love the show but they have handled this season really badly. They introduced far too many people for a season finale. I can't explain it but it feels so slow paced but also so rushed. It would be fine if it wasn't the finale, for e.g. the whole student story arch would've been cool for a season if it weren't the finale season. Same with the main villain, he's a really interesting killer but he's not fit to be the season finale killer. Is the last episode going to be really long, I know some shows like SoA do that, because if not then it's gonna be one predictable and rushed motherf*cker. Dexter should be backed up against the wall at this point, main characters should have been killed (Mazuka, Batista, Quinn), and sh*t should just be hitting the fan in every direction. It's still no where as bad as the Lumen season. That's all I'll say. 

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:41 AM

This was the best ending to this show, hands on. maybe without the last scene, but it certainly was the best ending.

I was crying like a little girl for the whole episode, yelling at the characters, and this just made me realize how emotionally connected to the characters this series has made me. 

Can't post a single spoiler here, so I'm just going to say f*ck. and mention that I was tearing the whole fricking episode and never had such a great TV experience. 

btw, IGN is has a bunch of ignorant idiots on it lately, no exception. 

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:59 AM

Jesus. This season man. I love the show but they have handled this season really badly. They introduced far too many people for a season finale. I can't explain it but it feels so slow paced but also so rushed. It would be fine if it wasn't the finale, for e.g. the whole student story arch would've been cool for a season if it weren't the finale season. Same with the main villain, he's a really interesting killer but he's not fit to be the season finale killer. Is the last episode going to be really long, I know some shows like SoA do that, because if not then it's gonna be one predictable and rushed motherf*cker. Dexter should be backed up against the wall at this point, main characters should have been killed (Mazuka, Batista, Quinn), and sh*t should just be hitting the fan in every direction. It's still no where as bad as the Lumen season. That's all I'll say. 

Am I the only one that liked Season 5?

tnz1992
  • tnz1992

Rat

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:38 AM Edited by tnz1992, 23 September 2013 - 10:47 AM.

He kills all these people, so in the end of the series he could become a f*cking lumberjack! What a great payoff. Awesome...

• Kristian. likes this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:58 AM

Meh, it was kind of dull, honestly.

Spoiler

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:39 PM

F*cking meh, it looked like a weird mashup of Dark Knight and the beginning of Man of Steel.

I wanted everyone at Miami Metro to find out about Dexter, so we could have seen their reactions and whatnot. Dexter actually getting caught vs. getting away never mattered much to me. For so many years the show had toyed with various people at Metro being suspicious of Dexter or coming really close to discovering his secret, so it would have been really satisfying to actually see what they do when they know for sure.

Hawkster
  • Hawkster

The One Who Knocks

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:41 PM

Well I thought it was good up until...

Spoiler

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

Spoiler

We can't be sure that

Spoiler

It was definitely the saddest episode of the series, but weirdly satisfying in the end. I think they got the ending right, even though the approach might not have been. No major complaints here.

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

Part-time spy, full-time maniac

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:17 PM Edited by NateShaw92, 23 September 2013 - 10:18 PM.

F*cking meh, it looked like a weird mashup of Dark Knight and the beginning of Man of Steel.

I wanted everyone at Miami Metro to find out about Dexter, so we could have seen their reactions and whatnot. Dexter actually getting caught vs. getting away never mattered much to me. For so many years the show had toyed with various people at Metro being suspicious of Dexter or coming really close to discovering his secret, so it would have been really satisfying to actually see what they do when they know for sure.

Quinn knew, he was thinking "that isn't the first time you killed someone" then he rememebred leddy from season 5, he even knew then, he knew that dexter killed Leddy but he let it go then because he did him a favour and let him go now for Deb's sake

No showstopper, I did

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

A Stitch in Time C9

• United-States

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:46 AM

Spoiler

We can't be sure that

Spoiler

It was definitely the saddest episode of the series, but weirdly satisfying in the end. I think they got the ending right, even though the approach might not have been. No major complaints here.

I personally feel that Dexter never had any

Spoiler

As much as I enjoyed this series, I can't deny how sloppy the writing got through the last 4 seasons.  Way, way too many plot holes, loose ends and bad pacing for a show of this caliber.  I think they would've been better off to have trimmed this show down to six well written seasons instead of letting things get so sloppy and throwing in a bunch of pointless filler material like the "Masuka and his daughter" subplot that added nothing worthwhile.

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:36 AM

The ending was retarded. He will continue killing people even as lumberjack. I was hoping to see his head in the water between the ship debris.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godmother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:26 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 24 September 2013 - 05:26 PM.

This show was never going to be better than it's 3rd and 4th seasons.  Never.  They are two of the best seasons of any TV show ever.  I'm not exaggerating that.  They were as close to perfection as you can get.

The ending was okay.  It wasn't happy, which I'm glad about.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

I really do not know what to say about this ending, I kind of like it, but also not really. We got a plot twist, expecting his life to be happy, but got something of the opposite.

Spoiler

Spoiler

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:17 AM Edited by rodneythesavior, 26 September 2013 - 12:19 AM.

***Spoilers***

I really like the ending. It makes a lot of sense.

They've been saying since Season 4 that Dexter won't have a happy ending, and honestly I think this ending is one of the more upsetting endings they could have used.

Dropping Deb into the ocean makes sense if you think about it. It was Dexter ruining everything he enjoyed about killing, he will never forget watching his sister sink out of sight into the ocean. He can never enjoy the ocean again. That was the only thing he still enjoyed about his kills, and now it's gone.

Clyde Phillips' proposed ending wasn't that great. Sure, it was artsy and brought the story full circle, but I was speculating that ending when Season 2 was airing. Everyone says they want something else but if they had killed Dexter, people would be pissed. If they gave him a happy ending, it wouldn't feel right. Having Dexter survive and everyone knows what he is, would be a cop out

Spoiler

The only other ending I would have been okay with, but only slightly, would have been.. Dexter survives but loses everyone he cared about, and ends up in Astoria anyway. This one would have a really powerful emotional blow, and I'm relatively glad that they kept Harrison alive.

sofa_king
  • sofa_king

C20-H25-N3-O

• The Connection

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:33 PM

This.

• Kristian. and Ermacs like this

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:06 PM

I just don't see how leaving your child in the care of another murderer is a smart way to go. Like, why didn't he move the whole family somewhere rural where the population of serial killers is, like, nil?

The show had already lost me along the way, but this ending was pretty botched in my eyes. They shoulda just killed him.

Unless they're planning for spinoffs of any sort. In which case they may as well go full sellout and have him eating a subway sandwich in the opening credits.
  • darthYENIK likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godmother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

I agree, Otter.  But like I said, I never expected it to beat seasons 3 and 4, so my expectations were low.

I wish that when he sat down at the very end, and it slowly moved in on him, that Harry's hand would come in and pat him on the shoulder.  I'm all for speculating whether or not his "Dark Passenger" died in that storm, but I'd rather have seen for sure that he couldn't just suppress that part of him.

As for Hannah and Harrison.  Dexter is a killer himself, and probably believes that Harrison is no more safe with her, than with him.  He'd be more safe than Dexter himself, in my opinion.  I always thought that at the end of it all, Hannah was going to kill Dexter, like she's done with all her other lovers, except her first one true love.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:24 AM

Mixed emotions for the ending of this show, but f*ck, Deb....devastating. I suppose for the subject it would have felt wrong to have a happy ending, and Dexter ending up dead himself wouldn't have been very satisfying. You could see his face, when the doctor was telling him and Quinn about Deb, he was just losing it. The boat out in the storm was appropriate for that, so much tension in a scene of no words, makes you realise how much emotion you invest into characters like these. I've only just caught up and watched it, but now I've had a few moments to think about it I guess it is the most satisfying it could be, because despite his love for Hannah, it was Deb all along that he was closest to and his reactions to losing her were spot on. The lumberjack thing is kinda cheesy, but he wanted isolation and anonymity and he got it, that look of his face at the end I just knew he was going to look at the camera...takes you right back to the old Dex. Whether he can control his urges is open to our interpretation it seems.

Yeah the last few seasons haven't been as good as the beginning, but as a whole, this show has been such a gripping experience and the morals involved about siding with a serial killer. I'm truly going to miss Dexter.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:41 AM

RIP Dexter

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

Sentry goin' up

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Most Valuable Player 2014
    Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:26 AM

We need another season.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Dealux

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

Am I the only one that liked Season 5?

No, I like it a lot. I would say it's my second favorite, after the one with Trinity. I really liked Lumen as a female character, much more than Hannah.

They shoulda just killed him.

Agreed. The whole thing felt kind of forced to me, and who gives up on their son that easily? And how the hell did Debra die? She was alright at first and then nobody noticed that she had a stroke? Wasn't she monitored? WTF?

It's not even clear if he stopped killing. I guess he didn't, because if he had stopped he wouldn't have left Hannah and Harrison. They would have been safe with him.

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:26 AM

They should have shown the blood slides being found, I don't remember him getting rid of his kill tools and blood slides so won't they be found while he is presumed dead, like maybe when his landlorn cleans his place out or when new people move in.

That would have been a great ending, a couple who moved in turn in the blood slides and they end up on Batista's desk and then... the "oh f*ck" moment we waited 8 years for.

I can't help but feel they left that for a movie maybe.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:07 PM

He got rid of blood slides in season 7. He burned them, remember?

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

He got rid of blood slides in season 7. He burned them, remember?

obviously I forgot, thanks

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Talented [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful 2011
    Most Talented [Expression] 2011
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2011
    Best Member in a Group 2011
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2011
    Most Respected 2010
    Most Helpful 2010
    Most Talented [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2010

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:39 PM Edited by Narcis_speed6, 29 September 2013 - 11:39 PM.

I was thinking about Dark Knight Rises when I saw Hannah with Harrison at the table, looks like we won't be getting that.

Dexter the lumberjack it is then!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users