Photo

Dexter

258 replies to this topic
Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:36 AM Edited by Voodoo, 18 July 2013 - 03:40 AM.

That's pretty much what I was thinking. Besides, it's the last season. Who gives a f*ck who lives or dies?

E - Or, he tries to off Deb and she shoots him ala LaGuerta.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:55 PM

There's something iffy about Vogel alright, but I'm not sure that it's her who is behind the killings, like when she got the text and the 'his and hers' gift, right in front of us.

I think she's trying to shape him for something though, very weird. Like when she tells him how perfect he is, yet seems intrigued and surprised that he is not following the normal psychopath lifestyle with his feelings and reaction to Deb's break down; does she even know he has a son? Harrison seems to have disappeared for the most part. There's something manipulative about her, like she is planting all these things in his head for some personal gain (maybe the book, as it seems from the teaser), even though what she says makes sense and reveals a bit more about Dexter's killing side. It's almost as though she is assuming a motherly role with him, and he is eating it all up blindly.

GTAfiveFAN
  • GTAfiveFAN

Take a shot, amigo!

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:58 AM

Wow, last episodes ending came out of nowhere! Just when I thought Deb changed, she tries to kill herself and Dexter! I'm hoping this cuts ties between Deb and Dexter, she's holding him back. The teaser sort of suggests it

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:01 AM

Masuka a father? Daaaaamn didn't see that coming

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:05 AM Edited by rudy., 22 July 2013 - 10:40 AM.

QUOTE (Kirsty @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 21:55)
There's something iffy about Vogel alright, but I'm not sure that it's her who is behind the killings, like when she got the text and the 'his and hers' gift, right in front of us.

I think she's trying to shape him for something though, very weird. Like when she tells him how perfect he is, yet seems intrigued and surprised that he is not following the normal psychopath lifestyle with his feelings and reaction to Deb's break down; does she even know he has a son? Harrison seems to have disappeared for the most part.  There's something manipulative about her, like she is planting all these things in his head for some personal gain (maybe the book, as it seems from the teaser), even though what she says makes sense and reveals a bit more about Dexter's killing side.  It's almost as though she is assuming a motherly role with him, and he is eating it all up blindly.

I know, right? She is hell bent on convincing Dexter (or maybe just herself) that he doesn't love Deb. He's already proved that love in first season so she can f*ck off.

QUOTE (GTAfiveFAN @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 01:58)
Wow, last episodes ending came out of nowhere! Just when I thought Deb changed, she tries to kill herself and Dexter! I'm hoping this cuts ties between Deb and Dexter, she's holding him back. The teaser sort of suggests it

I knew it was coming when she showed up with a huge-ass smile on her face. Dat evil smile. wink.gif

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:29 AM

Jesus Christ this show is awful. Absolutely terrible. I don't want to watch any more. Is the ending surprising or is it some predictable sh*t like Dexter dying? Because if it's actually surprising I might consider trudging through another painful eight episodes.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE (Fnorg @ Tuesday, Jul 30 2013, 09:29)
Jesus Christ this show is awful. Absolutely terrible. I don't want to watch any more. Is the ending surprising or is it some predictable sh*t like Dexter dying? Because if it's actually surprising I might consider trudging through another painful eight episodes.

Actually I thought the episode did what it was supposed to do, well, at least with Vogel/Deb/Dexter scenes. The rest of it was kinda yeah terrible, awful and all that. Honestly I could watch an entire episode of Vogel, Dexter and Deb. Maybe scenes involving therapy session, picnic or something.

I really doubt if Yates is the brain surgeon. He would be so obvious that Vogel should have thought of him, so why didn't she? Unless she wanted Dexter unleashed on him for some reason? He certainly was a killer, but seems to be more of a toe surgeon than brain surgeon at this point.

I'm trying real hard to stay in it until the end of the season, but the show's not gonna make it easy, methnks.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:32 PM

I keep seeing a Brady Bunch style tile screen in my head with Vogel and ghost dad smiling and looking in all directions at Dexter, Deb, the kids, etc. Alice is pretty hot in this version, at least.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:38 PM

That bed kill at the end was so boss. icon14.gif
I too have doubts that he is the brain surgeon. And i don't like what i saw in the promo for the next episode either, that Vogel wants to make the son of that guy a new Dexter, teach him the code and so on. Well, there are a lot of loose ends, so i'd rather not speculate much, but leave it unfold itself

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

Yates being the brain surgeon would be weird, given how he alreade has an MO when killing these women.
This would make him a kind of double serial killer with 2 MOs, even by psychopath standards that is f*cking weird.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:56 AM

I really hope the ending is very unpredictable. I like this season so far, but something feels off. I mean one example is Deb. One episode shifts her into being comfortable with Dexter as a killer, since every episode this season, she has hated his guts. I understand she still cared about him a little bit, but for f*cking sakes..

I almost feel like they are trying to come up with an excuse to not end it? Does anyone else get this vibe or am I the only one. There is only 6-7 episodes left, I don't know how many loopholes they can cover and close the story without feeling like it is rushed..So many f*cking questions I have already..

And out of all people...Vogel chooses some random rich kid's son to be the new potential Dexter...It would make more sense to choose Harrison, am I correct?

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE (Doublepulse @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 03:56)
Vogel chooses some random rich kid's son to be the new potential Dexter...It would make more sense to choose Harrison, am I correct?

No you are not correct because that makes no sense. As far as we know Harrison doesn't have psychopathic tendencies, unlike that rich kid. Dexter was only made into what he is because he had the blood lust in the first place. They're not going to take his perfectly normal kid and teach him to kill.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:06 AM Edited by Doublepulse, 31 July 2013 - 05:16 AM.

QUOTE (d0mm2k8 @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 03:18)
QUOTE (Doublepulse @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 03:56)
Vogel chooses some random rich kid's son to be the new potential Dexter...It would make more sense to choose Harrison, am I correct?

No you are not correct because that makes no sense. As far as we know Harrison doesn't have psychopathic tendencies, unlike that rich kid. Dexter was only made into what he is because he had the blood lust in the first place. They're not going to take his perfectly normal kid and teach him to kill.

Well thank f*cking god! I understand where you are going at and I did not forget that. I was just saying that in terms of what I would think be more devastating way to end the show. If they take a normal kid like that and turn him just like his father. I can definitely see that because Dexter has some empathy and cares for his son. He would not like that.

I should of made that clear in my last post then.. I guess I was hoping someone would get to where I was getting at tounge.gif

Also, don't forget both him and his son witnessed their mothers get killed.

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:25 AM

Oh, I see where you're coming from now. It would be f*cked up if they took that direction with Vogel, and I wouldn't see Dexter responding to that very lightly in the slightest.

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

Why is nobody talking about the biggest set up in this episode?

'a family that kills together...'
This is the worst thing that can happen to this show. Dexter is a bad guy, he's not a hero. Therefore there should be no legacy to carry out when he eventually dies

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (rodneythesavior @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 10:37)
Why is nobody talking about the biggest set up in this episode?

'a family that kills together...'
This is the worst thing that can happen to this show. Dexter is a bad guy, he's not a hero. Therefore there should be no legacy to carry out when he eventually dies

What makes you say he's a bad guy? Given the circumstances I'd say he's a protagonist, he's developed a process to control his psychopathic tendencies and has become a relatively functioning member of society.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:18 AM

Well f*ck, i hated the episode 6.

Jamie is just becoming an annoying bitch now. And Dexter is falling apart, more and more loose ends, he should have killed Zach. This isn't going to end well.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:58 AM

Oh, Yvonne Strahovski. She needs to be in more stuff. Like, in adult stuff.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:31 PM

Why, why, why didn't he just kill that annoying f*cking kid? I want to smack that hair off his head with a shovel. This show is really making me hate myself for watching it. I like Yvonne Strahovski of course but ffs, my blood spatter Brady Bunch observation is starting to look feasible.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:39 PM

Just an interesting premonition, What if Zach, once he is taught the code, given his first kill under his mentor Dexter and Vogel, ends up attempting to kill Dexter near the very end, same way Dexter does his killings, but is discovered by the police and shot right before he could stab a knife in dexter all wrapped up in plastic. Dexter then copes with his near death experience and when Zach gets shot he sees his face, Zach as himself and thinks it could've been him...or something as deep.
That way maybe it won't feel as if Zach was a random villain and a minor character the way it feels now.

Yvonne is too random, i doubt she'll play a big part in this though. I predict her death soon, ~ 3 episodes tops. tounge.gif

Well, just speculation. tounge.gif

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:02 AM

I really can't stand Jamie.

I am so tired of that entire storyline to the point where I am almost hoping that she gets killed off soon.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 August 2013 - 05:30 AM

I think the way the ending might pan out is Zach will probably be the one to kill Dexter..Debra will kill the kid, then Debra might kill herself because she cannot imagine her life without Dexter.

Also when Hannah appeared.. I was like "Well Well Well.. Welcome back to hell."

But seriously, Dexter as a serial killer who follows a moral code, has fallen off the wagon more and more each season. Some can say he actually became little normalized in this season, as I don't know if he has killed anyone under his own command, most if not all was all directed by Vogel.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:02 AM

Well this is some intense sh*t going on in TV.

Breaking Bad..

Dexter..

True Blood..

Man this sh*t is good. This episode tonight just opened 4 doors how the story could come to a close. God dammit I knew taking in that kid was going to be trouble! And all that trust that Debra had for Dexter is GONE! Hannah is grabbing Dexter by the balls, and he is falling for it.. This sh*t is getting really ugly!

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:19 AM

Hannah will be out by the end of that episode goodbye miami, and Zach i think he is likely to die in the upcoming episode 8 too. Dexter will realize he made a mistake, and he'll fix it...but him killing Zach could in some way expose him and then its the grand finale.

Or, the Vogel is the true villain/whatever.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

I fear that this show is going to end tamely. Seven episodes and there still hasn't been anything that has made me sit up and take notice or even look forward to the next episode.

To be very honest, if I didn't already knew this was going to be the last season, I'd probably have been bored to even continue watching it on a timely basis.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (Girish @ Tuesday, Aug 13 2013, 12:10)
To be very honest, if I didn't already knew this was going to be the last season, I'd probably have been bored to even continue watching it on a timely basis.

I feel you on that one. The one thing I am looking forward to is that kid getting whacked.

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE (Girish @ Tuesday, Aug 13 2013, 10:10)
I fear that this show is going to end tamely.

According to the asshole who just spoiled it on the Sho boards.. it's not.

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:00 PM

Is it me or does this not feel like a final season at all? I personally loved Season 7 but this one's feeling as slow and stale as Season 4-6. I'm confused.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (d0mm2k8 @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 18:00)
Is it me or does this not feel like a final season at all? I personally loved Season 7 but this one's feeling as slow and stale as Season 4-6. I'm confused.

I think 4 and 5 were great. 6 and 8 are the weakest to me.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:26 PM

I FINALLY decided to bite the bullet and watch the latest episode. I agree with the general disdain on the whole show and the season here.

Meh, atleast we have Hannah now. I hope they really handle her storyline in an interesting way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users