Dexter

258 replies to this topic
Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Soothe us with sweet lies...

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:59 AM

I searched this forum and all I found were threads for the last seasons. Figured I may as well start this one up as I am a big fan of Dexter!

Showtime recently released the trailer for season 7:

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:04 AM

Man, I need to catch up on this show. I think I will do just that while waiting for part 2 of season 5 of Breaking Bad.

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:15 PM

I liked Dexter, but it's sort of lost it's flow and the original seasons were so much better, the Trinity killer season was a return to form, but since it's gone really sh*t, and what made it good as just gone, Dexter was meticulous, his code precious but that's gone.

The trailer I felt gave way too much away I thought, but Deftones was a good choice for music.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:43 PM Edited by NateShaw92, 21 August 2012 - 06:49 PM.

can't wait for this, and aj - i would not count on it, most of this might be sh*t that goes on in dexter's mind. You know those daydream sequences
but it looks like the police will finally figure out doakes is not the BHB smile.gif

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013
    Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Helpfulness Award [GTAF]

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

Ooh so excited for this. I only started watching Dexter a few months ago after watching through Six Feet Under. There were a few moments I wasn't sure about last season, he seemed to be letting the code slip a little and we know Dexter isn't like that. The last few seconds in the finale of season 6 were thrilling though. I can't wait to see what Deb is going to do.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Tuesday, Aug 21 2012, 12:15)
I liked Dexter, but it's sort of lost it's flow and the original seasons were so much better, the Trinity killer season was a return to form, but since it's gone really sh*t, and what made it good as just gone, Dexter was meticulous, his code precious but that's gone.

The trailer I felt gave way too much away I thought, but Deftones was a good choice for music.

I agree. I really miss the old seasons. I miss Dexter "hunting" and killing someone every episode. I understand that things changed with Rita's death and Harrison but it's just not the same Dexter anymore. It seems like things won't go back to normal this season either since Deb knows and I'm sure that'll be a big thing keeping Dexter from hunting down new victims.

Still very much excited for the next season tho. Looking forward to what Dexter does about Deb knowing.

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here.

• United-States

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:06 AM

If this season has any chance of getting the show back up to par, then the writers better not be asleep at the wheel like they were with season 6. Even though I liked last season, I can't overlook the obnoxious plot holes, dead-end subplots, inconsistencies with some of the characters' personae and just general sloppiness. Still, not as bad as season 5, but now with Deb being a big part of this equation, they're going to have to think really hard on how not to f*ck it up.

One thing looks painfully clear though - they've got Dexter on a downward spiral. His code is falling apart and his reign is bound to end tragically.

InstantCClassic
  • InstantCClassic

Gatorade me, b*tch.

• Members

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:10 AM

Never watched it, but I heard it was really, really good!

ZerrickiShadow
  • ZerrickiShadow

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:39 AM

As great as I think Season 4 was, it sadly led to a formula where there is a main antagonist that Dexter hunts the whole season and ends up killing at the end. That's why I have some hope in Season 7 because it looks like it is going to break away from the formula. It looks like the Russian Mafia will be hunting down Dex for killing one of their men and that LaGuerta starts looking back into the Bay Harbor Butcher case. Season 1 was great because it introduced us to the character of Dexter and into his whole pyschology. Season 2 was excellent because it put Dexter in true peril and had characters either getting close to (Lundy) or discovering (Doakes) his secret. Season 3, although the writing felt weak at times, it still was fairly unique and introduced an interesting storyline. But Seasons 4-6 have all been formulas, and hopefully the writers will learn from their mistakes.

RobertNick
  • RobertNick

Triad

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:40 AM

I can't wait biggrin.gif

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:29 AM

Don't like the fact that he sliced Masuka's throat in the trailer(hopefully it's just some sort of a dream). But then again, this is going to be one different season the the other ones, and so will the next one.

Still, can't wait. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:40 AM

Past Debra finding out in the end, is there anything else I need to know about season 6? I gave up after S5 because it just stunk so f*cking much but I want to watch this season. Is it basically a Lumen-type deal where absolutely nothing f*cking matters or was there something in S6 that will have a lasting impact on the show?

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:54 PM

Season 6 was waaaay better than Season 5. Not as good as the first 4 seasons, but deffo better than 5. I'd highly recommend that you watch 6 before you jump into 7.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:12 PM Edited by NateShaw92, 02 September 2012 - 07:22 PM.

QUOTE (Fnorg @ Saturday, Sep 1 2012, 11:40)
Past Debra finding out in the end, is there anything else I need to know about season 6? I gave up after S5 because it just stunk so f*cking much but I want to watch this season. Is it basically a Lumen-type deal where absolutely nothing f*cking matters or was there something in S6 that will have a lasting impact on the show?

I thought s6 was quite good, not near s4, 2 or 1, about s3 quality imo. Interesting antagonist and MO for the killings.
I agree about season 5 - what f*cked s5 for me though was quinn looking like the next doakes, then jsut stopped, he just stopped, had he carried on it would have been worth it
the only other thing I can think of is... well 2 things, one involves Dexter losing his temper (maybe he is losing it) and other involves some old acquaintances.
these could have lasting impacts, particularly the 1st

@andy - it will be a dream - masuka does not fit the code.
In the trailer masuka says "only one person used blood slides, the bay harbor Butcher" and that (re-opening the case) will annoy dexter and lead to that dream sequence, like in s3 when he found out about miguel playing him he trashed his lab, in a dream.
masuka will not die. smile.gif he is too funny.
I think LaGuerta's days are numbered, as are Quinn's (as Quinn may go to war with dexter like doakes and LaGuerta imo has played out enough)

I wonder how many swears deb will do in the first 10 minutes or so. my money is on 79.

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

I can't wait for Season 7 to air. I know a lot of people say that the newer seasons are bad, but I still enjoy the ride.
I have a few predictions about season 7, but I don't want to spoil the later seasons for anyone who hasn't seen them yet.

Let's just say, everything we've seen has happened for a reason, and it will all come back around and tie up in a nice neat little bow.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:26 PM

New video on season 7:

As for the Masuka thing, no doubt just Dexter's imagination. I don't think he would kill Masuka in reality let alone do it in such a public/"un-clean" way.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:15 AM Edited by NateShaw92, 01 October 2012 - 04:51 AM.

less than 24 hours away
just saw first episode
she finally put the pieces together
I am kinda ticked off that anderson got killed as i felt he would be a decnt threat to dexter, he is a good detective, better than good, and he has no previous with dexter; angel, masuka, laGuerta all have previous with him so have a blind spot when it comes to him, it took Deb to walk in on him doing his thing for her to even think about Dexter's side gig, she will undoubtedly learn he is the bay harbor Butcher, as laGuerta now knows for a fact, and has evidence, that Doakes was not the bay harbour Butcher.

Quinn, Quinny alreeady knows, at least on some level, or at least suspects him, his face when he saw liddy said it all, he was also looking at Dex the whole time on the way to Liddy's body, I mean he sends Liddy to investigate dexter, cuts him off when it gets too real with deb but Liddy won't let go so pursues dexter himself and turns up dead, gotta be your first f*cking day not to connect those dots and at least suspect him - add that to the fact dex faked the bloodwork to clear Quinn (Quinn knew he faked it, cos he knew it was Liddy's blood on his shoe) if Quinn does not suspect dex killed him then he picked the wrong career. I think Quinn will feel like he owes dexter for clearing him, and will be sh*t-scared of Dexter because he may have stabbed Liddy in the heart so expertly that it is obvious Liddy is not his first kill. So i think Quinn is giving him a wide berth cos he is thinking "if i get in his way, i'm gonna end up like Liddy," which is too bad cos i was kinda hoping Quinn would become the next Doakes but he got scared. having said that I think he will play a key role in the events to come, the neat little world of lies is falling apart.

As for the computer geek, I don't think he has any idea what he is doing, there is only one result when you go after dexter, there is only one place for you, well 2: his blood slide box and the bottom of the north Atlantic Dexter may kill him out of anger (he has killed a few people out of anger, nick, that guy in nebraska, the redneck in season 5, he is on a slippery slope, he will be losing his sh*t even more with the Deb situation, I think he is also on a dark path (the computer guy) i mean come on, making a game where you can role-play as a serial killer, only a matter of time before he excercises these fantasies i think, and that could land him on Dexter's table, as a legit victim, i think he will kill angel's sister.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:56 AM

I'm just glad that some tension is back. I still hold that seasons 3 & 4 were masterpieces. They did so well at slowly ratcheting the tension between Dexter and his antagonist. And they really haven't been able to do it again. They either tried to duplicate it too closely, or went off in a direction that wasn't suspenseful, and it came off as gimmicky. But they pulled a genius move by making deb the antagonist. I know Yvonne Strahovski is looking like a new killer, but deb is the bigger threat both to Dexter not being locked up, and to whatever humanity is left in him.

JonSnow17
  • JonSnow17

Thronie

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:01 AM Edited by Girish, 01 October 2012 - 11:53 AM.

QUOTE (NateShaw92 @ Sunday, Sep 30 2012, 03:15)
less than 24 hours away
just saw first episode
I am kinda ticked off that anderson got killed as i felt he would be a decnt threat to dexter, he is a good detective, better than good, and he has no previous with dexter; angel, masuka, laGuerta all have previous with him so have a blind spot when it comes to him, it took Deb to walk in on him doing his thing for her to even think about Dexter's side gig, she will undoubtedly learn he is the bay harbor Butcher, as laGuerta now knows for a fact, and has evidence, that Doakes was not the bay harbour Butcher.

Quinn, Quinny alreeady knows, at least on some level, or at least suspects him, his face when he saw liddy said it all, he was also looking at Dex the whole time on the way to Liddy's body, I mean he sends Liddy to investigate dexter, cuts him off when it gets too real with deb but Liddy won't let go so pursues dexter himself and turns up dead, gotta be your first f*cking day not to connect those dots and at least suspect him - add that to the fact dex faked the bloodwork to clear Quinn (Quinn knew he faked it, cos he knew it was Liddy's blood on his shoe) if Quinn does not suspect dex killed him then he picked the wrong career. I think Quinn will feel like he owes dexter for clearing him, and will be sh*t-scared of Dexter because he may have stabbed Liddy in the heart so expertly that it is obvious Liddy is not his first kill. So i think Quinn is giving him a wide berth cos he is thinking "if i get in his way, i'm gonna end up like Liddy," which is too bad cos i was kinda hoping Quinn would become the next Doakes but he got scared. having said that I think he will play a key role in the events to come, the neat little world of lies is falling apart.

As for the computer geek, I don't think he has any idea what he is doing, there is only one result when you go after dexter, there is only one place for you, well 2: his blood slide box and the bottom of the north Atlantic Dexter may kill him out of anger (he has killed a few people out of anger, nick, that guy in nebraska, the redneck in season 5, he is on a slippery slope, he will be losing his sh*t even more with the Deb situation, I think he is also on a dark path (the computer guy) i mean come on, making a game where you can role-play as a serial killer, only a matter of time before he excercises these fantasies i think, and that could land him on Dexter's table, as a legit victim, i think he will kill angel's sister.

The reason he was killed was that the actor is on SOA season 5 .

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:42 PM Edited by NateShaw92, 01 October 2012 - 02:55 PM.

QUOTE (JonSnow17 @ Monday, Oct 1 2012, 12:01)
QUOTE (NateShaw92 @ Sunday, Sep 30 2012, 03:15)
less than 24 hours away
just saw first episode

The reason he was killed was that the actor is on SOA season 5 .

ah, well still disappointed, felt he could have been a good character. I thought he must have got another gig as his death was just sudden and quite anti-climatic, Rita was killed off for the same reason, she got a leading role in that failed series No ordinary family, that too was a sudden death, but it was something that was always gonna happen, but they may have had a different plan, like killing her in season 5 and then a different plot would ensue in season 5 making season 5 better than it was, they got f*cked over by that for 5 i think.

@Yenik, i agree, my first thoughts of season 3 was that it was not as good, but it did have good suspense, and my second watch of season 3 gave me a new appreciation for it, vis a vis Miguel's master plan. Just wish we had more of the skinner, that was an uninteresting serial killer made interesting by the acting, and the premise of if you see trimmed trees, you know you are f*cked

this series will be like 2, the main antagonist will be not a killer, not someone he can kill but he will be the one being hunted, but we will still have a killer on the side and someone from the Ukranian mob will come knocking around miami looking for Victor's killer (dexter) and that will be a problem, this will be closer to s2, s6 tried to be s4, this looks to be trying to be s2, but with a mix of main antagonist for him to kill, that he will have to kill of be killed so he has to juggle both at once, and the investigation into the BHB will be less open this time, as laGuerta took the slide, so Dexter may not know he is being investigated, I think he thinks the computer guy took Travis's slide, not that he left it behind (the bonehead) at first I was like no way dexter makes a bonehead move like that" but he did have other things on his mind (Deb catching him killing) and he is so used to the routine that he did not notice that it deviated in that small (but costly) way, especially when it already deviated in a game-changing way.

I think Yvonne will not be a killer, i think she will have her own dark passenger but not a killer, maybe a cross between brother sam and lumen kinda deal, with a bit of lundy mixed in as she is supposed the be helping the police settle cold cases from what I heard in an interview (maybe one or 2 are to do with dexter)
- oh it would be good if she was investigating him, if LaGuerta brought her in to investigate the BHB secretly and she investigates him by... well you know (that will happen)

ZerrickiShadow
  • ZerrickiShadow

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:55 AM

This season of Dexter has a lot of promise with the all the ideas the writers have. Louis, the Mob, Yvonne (or however you spell her name), the reopening of the BHB case, Deb finding out.

Ohh it's gonna be a fun season! tounge2.gif

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE (ZerrickiShadow @ Tuesday, Oct 2 2012, 04:55)
This season of Dexter has a lot of promise with the all the ideas the writers have. Louis, the Mob, Yvonne (or however you spell her name), the reopening of the BHB case, Deb finding out.

Ohh it's gonna be a fun season!  tounge2.gif

it's Yvonne's surname you would have to worry about spelling-wise, and yeah, gona be a good season, all that to contend with and only 1 episode done, more to come.
Yvonne's character will be investigating the BHB for LaGuerta I think, and the 'love' interest for dexter this season

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

Is it just me or is anyone else genuinely disappointed by the fact that Deb finds out everything at the end of the episode? I mean, that suspicion Deb had, that tension between Deb and Dexter is just gone now that she's found out that he's a serial killer. I think they should have just extended her finding out until the next 3-4 episodes at least. Now all that we're going to get is Deb trying to control Dexter's dark passenger and Dexter trying to figure out ways to keep killing without Deb finding out. Not as much fun.

Overall, it's a decent and promising start to the new season. I'm pretty psyched for the next episode. I can't wait to find out what LaGuerta is going to do with the slide. She takes the slide with her so it's not confirmed that she's gonna reopen the BHB case.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (Girish @ Wednesday, Oct 3 2012, 16:28)
Is it just me or is anyone else genuinely disappointed by the fact that Deb finds out everything at the end of the episode? I mean, that suspicion Deb had, that tension between Deb and Dexter is just gone now that she's found out that he's a serial killer. I think they should have just extended her finding out until the next 3-4 episodes at least. Now all that we're going to get is Deb trying to control Dexter's dark passenger and Dexter trying to figure out ways to keep killing without Deb finding out. Not as much fun.

Overall, it's a decent and promising start to the new season. I'm pretty psyched for the next episode. I can't wait to find out what LaGuerta is going to do with the slide. She takes the slide with her so it's not confirmed that she's gonna reopen the BHB case.

She will re-open it, she loved Doakes and detested that he was branded the bay harbour butcher. But she knows the BHB worked or works at Miami Metro, so she will do it off the record, behind closed doors, so the real BHB does not know he is being investigated

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:03 AM

QUOTE (Girish @ Wednesday, Oct 3 2012, 08:28)

I think Dexter hiding his secret from her was getting old. Now that Deb knows, there is a different kind of tension. Deb might love Dexter, but she's still a cop. There's going to be a point where she has to decide between Dexter and her duty. And if she becomes too much of a problem for Dexter, he'll have to choose between her life and his. I imagine that there will be plenty of tension to go around.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013
    Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Helpfulness Award [GTAF]

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

Wow, yeah that season opener was full of it. The atmosphere between Deb and Dex when he walked in on her with his slide collection was just intense; the looks between them. I'm really interested in how this season is going to pan out, especially with LaGuerta. I don't think they'll ever kill off Deb, either by Dexter's hands or another, so surely it's setting her up to explode with this secret she's holding?

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

Just watched the episode 1. It's pretty much what i expected.
I didn't see Mike getting killed coming, but when i saw him opening that trunk, i just knew what would occur next.
Also the ending with Debra discovering everything, a bit too early, i must say, but what is going to happen next? Dexter once managed to avoid revealing everything when he killed Travis, but how will he pull this one off

This is going to be a crazy ass season. Can't wait for ep2!

ZerrickiShadow
  • ZerrickiShadow

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:34 AM

I am really hoping for some flashbacks with Doakes this season, particularly new scenes, maybe exploring the relationship between him and LaGuerta. Or maybe we could see him as one of Dexter's consciences/ghosts and he could taunt him.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:42 AM Edited by NateShaw92, 07 October 2012 - 12:45 AM.

QUOTE (ZerrickiShadow @ Sunday, Oct 7 2012, 01:34)
Or maybe we could see him as one of Dexter's consciences/ghosts and he could taunt him.

That will happen I think, in ep 12, as the unconfirmed title is "surprise motherf*cker" and we all recognise that line
the other unconfirmed possible title is "lethal injection" which does not bode well but episode titles can be misleading, could be someone else's or it could be series 8 ep 12's title that got leaked very very early.

Anyway whether or not the episode wil be named that I think Doakes will come up, because of the fact the title is rumoured, the fact the surprise motherf*cker title is a rumoured title seems to indicate that Doakes may be in it for at least a cameo. I hope so, was so happy to see Brian again in the last season

JonSnow17
  • JonSnow17

Thronie

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (NateShaw92 @ Sunday, Oct 7 2012, 00:42)
QUOTE (ZerrickiShadow @ Sunday, Oct 7 2012, 01:34)
Or maybe we could see him as one of Dexter's consciences/ghosts and he could taunt him.

That will happen I think, in ep 12, as the unconfirmed title is "surprise motherf*cker" and we all recognise that line
the other unconfirmed possible title is "lethal injection" which does not bode well but episode titles can be misleading, could be someone else's or it could be series 8 ep 12's title that got leaked very very early.

Anyway whether or not the episode wil be named that I think Doakes will come up, because of the fact the title is rumoured, the fact the surprise motherf*cker title is a rumoured title seems to indicate that Doakes may be in it for at least a cameo. I hope so, was so happy to see Brian again in the last season

I was one video with Erik King and the cast promoting one of Laguerta(i don't know the actress name) movie . So i assume he will appear in some manner .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users