Ned Luke Looking Guy Confirmed!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
667 replies to this topic
Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:33 PM

user posted image

Guess who is driving this car in the new screenshot?

The Hispanic guy motherf*ckers..

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (Dr. John13 @ Friday, Aug 24 2012, 17:51)
R* also said: 'A bold new direction'. Don't forget this line.

Could that mean zombies???? Could it be a figure of speech???

I'll let you guys answer that.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Friday, Aug 24 2012, 19:33)
user posted image

I really hope he' s at least one of the protagonists, I really do!

@ redx165

F**k that zombie sh*t, don't be starting that rubbish again.

stevechilds
  • stevechilds

Fashion conscience

• Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:51 PM

The balcony guy in the trailer looks like a cool character but I hope he is not the main protagonist.

CSM. HB J-DOGG
  • CSM. HB J-DOGG

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Friday, Aug 24 2012, 19:33)
user posted image

Now that thee pics all include this guy the pro ned luke crowd is complaining lmao. They told us we were idiots for ignoring the obvious, but now who is ignoring the obvious. This is from game play. Multiple protags wont hurt the game. Its rumored that R* has stated they did not want to EFLC like they did in GTA IV. This could easly mean that instead of doing that big of EFLC they are just giving us the multiple story lines on seperate disc. Each story line is on its own disc and shows the sepearate view points. Think about in a mission while playing as ned luke you may be a driver, on the other guy story line it would be the same mission but you would be in the passenger seat as a shooter. Its going to be epic it is R*

VincentPericant
  • VincentPericant

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:58 PM

When R* confirmed that these were taken from gameplay, it could just mean that there are other crooks out there that we are not connected to. Creates a bit more realism that we're not the only trouble makers in town, and that now again the police are doing more than just running after gangbangers in the ghetto.

Maybe some NPC has got the army deployed on his ass downtown, means that we can go loot omitting crimes elsewhere in peace.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:59 PM

So we are still not 100% certain if it's gonna be one protagonist or multiple? I for one would be slightly let down if it's not Ned Luke. I'd like the idea of having a
'older guy' as the bad-ass protagonist for a change.

cherrycola
  • cherrycola

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (CSM. HB J-DOGG @ Friday, Aug 24 2012, 21:53)
Multiple protags wont hurt the game. Its rumored that  R* has stated they did not want to EFLC like they did in GTA IV. This could easly mean that instead of doing that big of EFLC they are just giving us the multiple story lines on seperate disc. Each story line is on its own disc and shows the sepearate view points. Think about in a mission while playing as ned luke you may be a driver, on the other guy story line it would be the same mission but you would be in the passenger seat as a shooter. Its going to be epic it is R*

This would also solve the DVD problem, if there would be two separate stories on two individual discs. You can't split up a GTA story because it's not linear, but you can make two stories which are half as long and put each on its own disc.

assmillk
  • assmillk

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:04 PM

my prediction is a story based off of two completely different charachters. One comes from the rich part of san andreas( balcony guy) , and the other from the poorer side of san andreas, such as idlewood or ganton. Maybe the story will switch between the two throughout the game.

CSM. HB J-DOGG
  • CSM. HB J-DOGG

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (cherrycola @ Friday, Aug 24 2012, 20:01)
Multiple protags wont hurt the game. Its rumored that  R* has stated they did not want to EFLC like they did in GTA IV. This could easly mean that instead of doing that big of EFLC they are just giving us the multiple story lines on seperate disc. Each story line is on its own disc and shows the sepearate view points. Think about in a mission while playing as ned luke you may be a driver, on the other guy story line it would be the same mission but you would be in the passenger seat as a shooter. Its going to be epic it is R*

This would also solve the DVD problem, if there would be two separate stories on two individual discs. You can't split up a GTA story because it's not linear, but you can make two stories which are half as long and put each on its own disc.

Yeah its taken this long they could both have between 70-90 main missions on each some that will include the other protag as a npc depending on which storyline your playing. Like GTA IV we say the story from different perspectives. This time it would be the same its just in one box , I do believe that on this one we will work together to have a organization . It all about the almighty dollar and neither one of them would be able to do it on there own. I believe they will be partners.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:37 PM

If there are multiple protagonists I sure as hell hope the story and characters aren't watered down to compensate for the multiple protagonists.

For example, what if we got something exactly like EFLC? And I mean exactly, number of missions and all that. It was fine with EFLC because that was a DLC. I don't see why a main game should be watered down like that.

VincentPericant
  • VincentPericant

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (cp1dell @ Friday, Aug 24 2012, 22:37)
If there are multiple protagonists I sure as hell hope the story and characters aren't watered down to compensate for the multiple protagonists.

For example, what if we got something exactly like EFLC? And I mean exactly, number of missions and all that. It was fine with EFLC because that was a DLC. I don't see why a main game should be watered down like that.

They won't put all this time and work into the greatest sandbox world of all time...and give it a sh*t story. Don't worry about it

ViceCityFTW
  • ViceCityFTW

nutjob

• Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE (cherrycola @ Friday, Aug 24 2012, 20:01)

Actually it wouldn't since GTA cutscenes are not stored as .avi files but rendered in real time meaning zero DVD space needed.

SilentnElite
  • SilentnElite

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:13 PM

I'll just leave these here in case anyone wants to use them. These guys are the ones under question for being main characters/multiple protagonists. (Personally I think Ned Luke/Balcony Guy is our protag and the other guys are main (but not playable) characters.

Balcony Guy:

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Hispanic Guy:

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
(Edited last photo to make him more visible)

Hobo Guy:

user posted imageuser posted image

Unknown/Hard to Tell Who's Who
*(My own personal opinion, I've also noticed others on the forums debating about some of these guys as well):

user posted imageuser posted image
**Last few photos aren't posting, here are the direct links:
http://i1102.photobu...te/Untitled.png
http://i1102.photobu...tnelite/101.jpg
http://i1102.photobu...ntnelite/81.jpg - Don't think he's Hispanic Guy because he's bald.
http://i1102.photobu...ntnelite/51.jpg - I think his skin color is different than Hispanic Guy.

Eagle-Eye
  • Eagle-Eye

☸ Sniper ☸

• Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:19 PM

Its obvious that the Hispanic guy shows up in the Infernus & The 18 Wheeler truck screen.

You can tell by his nose shape.
Idk about the haircut... maybe he's the protag?

Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:28 PM

I'm feeling now as though the trailer may actually be an editing of the opening cutscene of the game.
Think about it, The hispanic guy, Ned Luke, The black guy, the hobo and others may all be involved in the game as either boss characters/major characters/protagonists and maybe some of the cutscenes we see in the trailer are all a part of the intro? Like a sort of foreshadowing, similar to seeing the cook with the diamonds in the opening of GTA IV. And eventually all of these guys become involved in one mission together eventually, the jewelery store heist. What if the next trailers showcase someone other than Ned Luke's character's background in a similar way? I'm definitely saying most of the scenes from the trailer make up the opening cutscene.

HK2811
  • HK2811

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:58 PM

i think the hispanic he guy will be the protagonist and the ned luke guy the antagonist because he looks not like a typical protagonist the sprints and swims around on the map. imagine how he would look swimming through a river or parachuting in his strange suit

iCaramelBird
  • iCaramelBird

R* Y U NO GIVE US GTA V?

• Members

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE (Firefly8000 @ Friday, Aug 24 2012, 23:28)
I'm feeling now as though the trailer may actually be an editing of the opening cutscene of the game.
Think about it, The hispanic guy, Ned Luke, The black guy, the hobo and others may all be involved in the game as either boss characters/major characters/protagonists and maybe some of the cutscenes we see in the trailer are all a part of the intro? Like a sort of foreshadowing, similar to seeing the cook with the diamonds in the opening of GTA IV. And eventually all of these guys become involved in one mission together eventually, the jewelery store heist. What if the next trailers showcase someone other than Ned Luke's character's background in a similar way? I'm definitely saying most of the scenes from the trailer make up the opening cutscene.

Jesus I wanted a max of 3 protagonists, Haha. Not 5! But if there were 5 it seems to make sense. One is in the ghetto (Black guy running from cops).

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:32 AM

After re-watching the trailer now knowing what his character looks like from a front view, I think they might have snuck him into the trailer a 5th time.

user posted image

If it is him I wonder who he's walking with?

bowling...?
  • bowling...?

Turkey

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:34 AM

QUOTE (Gregers08 @ Wednesday, Aug 29 2012, 03:32)
After re-watching the trailer now knowing what his character looks like from a front view, I think they might have snuck him into the trailer a 5th time.

user posted image

Oh sh*t! That could be him!

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:52 AM

QUOTE (bowling...? @ Tuesday, Aug 28 2012, 21:34)

I don't think so. He gets a little closer and better lit in the next few frames and he looks younger and blonder to me.

IluvLS
  • IluvLS

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:46 AM

i am pertty sure its ned luke i mean hes practically in hiding.. remember when he deleted his twitter as soon as the fans were in his case
working with rockstar probably

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:50 AM

QUOTE (bowling...? @ Wednesday, Aug 29 2012, 13:34)
QUOTE (Gregers08 @ Wednesday, Aug 29 2012, 03:32)

user posted image

If only this was a gif or a trailer with it? I think the guy does look like the main character. confused.gif But who knows anyway.

sibs44
  • sibs44

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:38 PM

I always thought that was him

Johan
  • Johan

He won’t see the sun again for years to come

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE (IluvLS @ Wednesday, Aug 29 2012, 02:46)
i am pertty sure its ned luke i mean hes practically in hiding.. remember when he deleted his twitter as soon as the fans were in his case

Or avoiding getting spammed by GTA maniacs about the same question over and over again (which is probably not true to begin with) which will obviously piss him off.

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:30 PM Edited by InfernoV, 03 September 2012 - 01:37 PM.

QUOTE (Johacamigames @ Wednesday, Aug 29 2012, 14:40)
QUOTE (IluvLS @ Wednesday, Aug 29 2012, 02:46)

Or avoiding getting spammed by GTA maniacs about the same question over and over again (which is probably not true to begin with) which will obviously piss him off.

LOL it has to be him! pretty much same face and mole in exact same place and the voice is very similar, rockstar might have made it deeper for the charecter!

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Monday, Aug 20 2012, 19:37)
QUOTE (GTA-King @ Monday, Aug 20 2012, 19:33)
#FACT:The Balcony Guy will be the protagonist in GTA V.

You're so happy right, aren't you?
Oh well, nothing is confirmed yet, i still think the hispanic guy is one of the protags at least. tounge.gif

Hahaha, you were both right.

I love looking at old posts.

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Sunday, Apr 14 2013, 14:34)

Oh well, nothing is confirmed yet, i still think the hispanic guy is one of the protags at least. tounge.gif

Seriously, why did you bump this? suicidal.gif

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

I own my own pet virus I get to pet and name her

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE (Fail_At_GTA @ Sunday, Apr 14 2013, 15:56)

Why did you bump it again!? tounge.gif

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE (Fail_At_GTA @ Sunday, Apr 14 2013, 20:56)

Yeah sorry about that. Still, it's better than clogging up the forum with pointless new topics.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users