Photo

Lone Survivor

70 replies to this topic
xGhoztx
  • xGhoztx

• Members

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:17 AM

Hey thanks man. Awesome feedback as always. smile.gif

Anyway, I'll use the ''no ped'' objective next time.

And glad you like the new feature, man. I'll try to make uses of it more.

Canadian Scrotum
  • Canadian Scrotum

Secronom

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:01 PM

I played your three missions last night.

I see that you are using alot of interiors, plus some objects which makes them more interesting. I believe it's the first time I see someone using mirors to teleport the player somewhere else or that big black hole in the abbatoire to fall somewhere deeper. It was nice to use that wall object when you had to sneak past one of these zombies: put the meat on the ground; go behind the wall; wait for it to be attracted by it; then sneak to the door. More about the objects: I liked it when you had to make the choice to tell the hobo guy that it was dangerous out there to be partying (let's call that place: the character's intellectual something tounge.gif .) One thing about the mirrors though: aren't they dangerous? I mean: if they can teleport the player, can't they teleport the zombies too? Nice use of invisible checkpoints when we need to search objects or find an unlocked door and the like. The missions can be short (when you know exactly what to do and where to go) and there was this SCI (speaking character indentifying) mistake in the last mission (you instead of Benzirdo <- Or whatever is the name of that guy tounge.gif .) Unlike DestaliusDark, I didn't notice any random peds appearing. Well, I can't think of anything else to say.

xGhoztx
  • xGhoztx

• Members

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:08 AM

I would like to thank you for the feedback.

I actually borrow the trick from an old mission pack by LnD. Sorry for the writing mistake, I type (You) for so many times =.=' And about the mirror, only you can telepo...you know what, let everything remain mysterious. wink.gif

Thanks again. I really appreciate your feedback. smile.gif

IX-MJ-XI
  • IX-MJ-XI

Creations

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:03 PM

Well, time to return the favor! cool.gif

1st Mission:
• It kinda focus on what's going on and what's happening around the main protagonist. Cutscenes are well focused and used, though at some timeout objective there are grammar mistake though not a problem. Well, it kinda remind me of Silent Hill. The atmosphere and environment is very spooky and creepy, nice choice of interiors. icon14.gif
I like the finding stuff and interactions, it's not one of those mission which is "Go here", "Go There", "Shoot This" stuff, it's very very mind testing and patience is very important. The flashlight scene scared the crap out of me! Seriously, I was shocked, but I didn't shout or anything else.
Well, this mission is good as I can say so far.

RATING:
3.5 Star

2nd Mission:
• Well, you're quite good with "usage of objects" perspective. I like the things you put to make the stadium hall look like an apartment hall. Well, what can I just say is I like your theme, supernatural, but at the same time R.E type. I like the scene where you will put the pizza on the floor to attract the zombie, nice job on that one. On the three mission, this one is the most that I liked, very good job there.

RATING:
4 Star

3rd Mission:
• This part, is kinda "mysterious" and "weird". There are some parts which I don't understand or I just didn't focused well. The party people, not sure if they are dead or survivors. Well, not much to say here, not bad, but not that great.

RATING:
3.5 Star

OVERALL:
• I was caught after playing the first mission and kept playing the 3 of them. And yes, I saw the real Lone Survivor game, but I haven't played it, so I don't know if you made it similar to the story or just made an inspiration on it. Nonetheless, the missions are very good and nicely done, mostly the interiors and objects. Seriously dude, this missions are spooky, after the flashlight scene, I always check the sorroundings for some surprise attack. Keep this up and I will keep my eyes on this M.P. Best of luck Ghost. icon14.gif icon14.gif

WHOLE RATING:

xGhoztx
  • xGhoztx

• Members

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:49 AM

QUOTE (IXMJXI @ Monday, Aug 27 2012, 19:03)
Well, time to return the favor!  cool.gif

1st Mission:
• It kinda focus on what's going on and what's happening around the main protagonist. Cutscenes are well focused and used, though at some timeout objective there are grammar mistake though not a problem. Well, it kinda remind me of Silent Hill. The atmosphere and environment is very spooky and creepy, nice choice of interiors.  icon14.gif
I like the finding stuff and interactions, it's not one of those mission which is "Go here", "Go There", "Shoot This" stuff, it's very very mind testing and patience is very important. The flashlight scene scared the crap out of me! Seriously, I was shocked, but I didn't shout or anything else.
Well, this mission is good as I can say so far.

RATING:
3.5 Star

2nd Mission:
• Well, you're quite good with "usage of objects" perspective. I like the things you put to make the stadium hall look like an apartment hall. Well, what can I just say is I like your theme, supernatural, but at the same time R.E type. I like the scene where you will put the pizza on the floor to attract the zombie, nice job on that one. On the three mission, this one is the most that I liked, very good job there.

RATING:
4 Star

3rd Mission:
• This part, is kinda "mysterious" and "weird". There are some parts which I don't understand or I just didn't focused well. The party people, not sure if they are dead or survivors. Well, not much to say here, not bad, but not that great.

RATING:
3.5 Star

OVERALL:
• I was caught after playing the first mission and kept playing the 3 of them. And yes, I saw the real Lone Survivor game, but I haven't played it, so I don't know if you made it similar to the story or just made an inspiration on it. Nonetheless, the missions are very good and nicely done, mostly the interiors and objects. Seriously dude, this missions are spooky, after the flashlight scene, I always check the sorroundings for some surprise attack. Keep this up and I will keep my eyes on this M.P. Best of luck Ghost.  icon14.gif   icon14.gif

WHOLE RATING:

Yes some of the part remind you of Silent Hill because Lone Survivor is like Silent Hill in 2D, that explain the spooky and creepy atmosphere. Well about the flashlight part, I didn't know that it can shock people you know. @_@ Just tried to make it looks like the game, but dyom don't have flashlight so...=.='

To the second mission, I thought of using the stadium as an apartment, but then I just changed it to a stadium. @_@

But which part didn't you understand in the third mission? And the party people are survivor but they just don't have any idea what's going on. @____@

And yeah I'm gonna make it look like the game, also inspired by it, too. smile.gif

I also hate designing mission in interior, especial in the closet, I f*cking hate it! But I have to so...

Anyway, thanks for playing and for the feedback man. I really appreciate it. smile.gif

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia
  • Best DYOM Mission 2012 [Resident Evil 4]

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:20 PM

1- I played the game, and you made this mission exactly like it in the beginning, nice cutscenes, especially the scary one, although it seemed to me like a "go here, go there, get back" at some point. Overall, for an introduction mission, it's good.
2- This mission was better than the first one, and it had some kind of "stealth" and mistery at the end, you should've had used the small meat object for the zombie. As long new features are coming, it's good.
3- You kept the same gameplay style, and the end wasn't good, but the "choices" feature is very nice, can you tell me how to do it?
Well all i can say is that the series is going good. It plays similarly to the original game at some points.

Csabi98
  • Csabi98

Knight

• Members

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (Zizo008 @ Tuesday, Aug 28 2012, 19:20)
1- I played the game, and you made this mission exactly like it in the beginning, nice cutscenes, especially the scary one, although it seemed to me like a "go here, go there, get back" at some point. Overall, for an introduction mission, it's good.
2- This mission was better than the first one, and it had some kind of "stealth" and mistery at the end, you should've had used the small meat object for the zombie. As long new features are coming, it's good.
3- You kept the same gameplay style, and the end wasn't good, but the "choices" feature is very nice, can you tell me how to do it?
Well all i can say is that the series is going good. It plays similarly to the original game at some points.

Thats pretty easy, just put that area he did ( |_|_| ) and put a big checkpoint so it covers both of the rooms. When the player enters the checkpoint (Either room one or two), place walls so he can't get out and in one of the room spawn an actor. If he entered the room with the actor, he dies, if not he lives and mission passed. Oh, and to leave him time to die or live, put a Timeout objective. Basically, that was just a little thinking, nothing too hard.Great idea for choice making by the way.

xGhoztx
  • xGhoztx

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE (Zizo008 @ Wednesday, Aug 29 2012, 00:20)

1/ Thanks man, the go here go there stuff is because I haven't used the invisible checkpoint. tounge.gif

2/ Thanks but, why shouldn't I use the small meat object for the zombie?

3/ Well, if you wanna know how to make choices, look at Csabi's post (thanks man). And just try to make it. smile.gif

Thanks for the feedback man, really appreciate it. smile.gif

999th post!!!

Canadian Scrotum
  • Canadian Scrotum

Secronom

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:15 AM

He means: the note said meat and you picked up meat to distract that zombie, but you put a pizza instead. tounge.gif

xGhoztx
  • xGhoztx

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:34 AM

Finally done with my 1000th Milestone and now I'm free to keep on posting @___@

( http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=522925 ) inlove.gif

Well actually the meat object is just too big and I have to use the pizza instead. biggrin.gif

Canadian Scrotum
  • Canadian Scrotum

Secronom

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:35 AM

I believe if you had rotated it, most of it would enter the floor. wink.gif

xGhoztx
  • xGhoztx

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE (Secronom President @ Wednesday, Aug 29 2012, 09:35)
I believe if you had rotated it, most of it would enter the floor. wink.gif

I did think of that but I'm just too lazy to select the meat object. But I'll do that next time. tounge.gif

YiNiX
  • YiNiX

I hate no player.

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:15 AM

Nice missions, PIZZA MEAT FOR LIFE!! biggrin.gif
Anyway 5/5 for originality and creativity.

xGhoztx
  • xGhoztx

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

QUOTE (YiNiX @ Wednesday, Aug 29 2012, 16:15)
Nice missions, PIZZA MEAT FOR LIFE!! biggrin.gif
Anyway 5/5 for originality and creativity.

Oh wow thanks for playing and the high rating man. Really appreciate it. smile.gif

YiNiX
  • YiNiX

I hate no player.

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:38 PM

Make more missions of this kind.
I love them.

xGhoztx
  • xGhoztx

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (YiNiX @ Wednesday, Aug 29 2012, 19:38)
Make more missions of this kind.
I love them.

Sure I will. smile.gif

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:08 PM Edited by Kratos2000, 03 September 2012 - 04:33 AM.

Hi again.
I'm not going to write a full review since it's not a whole chapter but I loved the missions you've made so far.
They're reminding of those old RPG (? RPG is it?) web-based games.
It's interesting, the multiply choice thing also is, you made it clever and simple.
The annoying part is all those invisible checkpoints in times when whoever plays the mission doesn't even understand where to look or for what.
The second mission has one, after you attempt to exit the house, it's unexplainable how you managed to hide a single checkpoint in such a place where none would ever look, didn't finish the second mission because of it.
Third mission with the map has this moment also, where the map is near the kitchen table.

Great missions, continue doing them please biggrin.gif

xGhoztx
  • xGhoztx

• Members

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE (Kratos2000 @ Monday, Sep 3 2012, 01:08)
Hi again.
I'm not going to write a full review since it's not a whole chapter but I loved the missions you've made so far.
They're reminding of those old RPG (? RPG is it?) web-based games.
It's interesting, the multiply choice thing also is, you made it clever and simple.
The annoying part is all those invisible checkpoints in times when whoever plays the mission doesn't even understand where to look or for what.
The second mission has one, after you attempt to exit the house, it's unexplainable how you managed to hide a single checkpoint in such a place where none would ever look, didn't finish the second mission because of it.
Third mission with the map has this moment also, where the map is near the kitchen table.

Great mission, continue doing them please biggrin.gif

Thanks for playing man.

About the second mission, you should have notice the board next to the door to your apartment. You missed all the fun. =.='

Well at lease you can find the map in the kitchen. tounge.gif

Anyway, thanks again man, really appreciate it. Going to continue asap. smile.gif

xGhoztx
  • xGhoztx

• Members

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:34 AM

Mission update:

A HAND GUN!

\/ \/ \/

Download

/\ /\ /\

Enjoy! And don't forget to give feedback!
smile.gif

xGhoztx
  • xGhoztx

• Members

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:29 AM

Mission update:

SEARCHING FOR STUFF

\/ \/ \/

Download

/\ /\ /\

--------------------------------------------

I added a new feature in this mission, which is the ammo box (it's the guy in blue), just beat him or use your gun to shoot him in the head, and he'll drop 15 bullets. Ammo box will be all over the map, supplying ammo when you need.

And remember, try not to waste bullets in this mission pack, you're not gonna get like 9999 ammo like you used to. sly.gif

--------------------------------------------
Enjoy! And don't forget to give feedback!
smile.gif

AlexanderS4
  • AlexanderS4

Where's my surfer girl?

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:35 PM

Looks awesome. I love your missions Ghost.

Downloading right now.

xGhoztx
  • xGhoztx

• Members

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:20 AM

QUOTE (Alex5526 @ Monday, Sep 10 2012, 01:35)
Looks awesome. I love your missions Ghost.

Downloading right now.

Thanks man, waiting for you to finish and give some feedback. biggrin.gif

AlexanderS4
  • AlexanderS4

Where's my surfer girl?

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:18 PM

Played the missions, so here's my feedback of the 5 missions:

Writing: 10/10.
You can read without get lost, and no grammar mistakes. icon14.gif

Difficulty: Medium
Is not about shoot all the time, but you need to save ammo and the a lot of checkpoints are invisible

Ambientation: 10/10
Awesome. All the objects are well placed, but with the location you get lost sometimes. Of course, that's not a problem, thanks to the map that you created. Great idea.

Story: 9.8/10
Just shooting to some zombies and drive with other guys around a ghost city is not a survivor story. You need to search for food, and, if you find a weapon, you need ammo, look for other survivors, etc. And you put it all in the 5 missions. Awesome.

Features: 9/10
I liked the ammo box feature. You can't get 9999 of ammo like usual, so you can't shoot like Terminator biggrin.gif
The choice feature is good, but is useless.

The total rating: 9.95/10

This is not an action mission pack, is a survivor mission pack. Well done.
Here, cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif
After all that work, I think you're hungry biggrin.gif

Just one thing, He will leave the stadium sometime, right? because he can't get all the food and water inside in some point, he will need to do it. Not right now but sometime in the future.

Waiting for the 6th mission.
Amazing work.

xGhoztx
  • xGhoztx

• Members

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:52 AM

QUOTE (Alex5526 @ Monday, Sep 10 2012, 21:18)
Played the missions, so here's my feedback of the 5 missions:

Writing: 10/10.
You can read without get lost, and no grammar mistakes.  icon14.gif

Difficulty: Medium
Is not about shoot all the time, but you need to save ammo and the a lot of checkpoints are invisible

Ambientation: 10/10
Awesome. All the objects are well placed, but with the location you get lost sometimes. Of course, that's not a problem, thanks to the map that you created. Great idea.

Story: 9.8/10
Just shooting to some zombies and drive with other guys around a ghost city is not a survivor story. You need to search for food, and, if you find a weapon, you need ammo, look for other survivors, etc. And you put it all in the 5 missions. Awesome.

Features: 9/10
I liked the ammo box feature. You can't get 9999 of ammo like usual, so you can't shoot like Terminator  biggrin.gif
The choice feature is good, but is useless. 

The total rating: 9.95/10

This is not an action mission pack, is a survivor mission pack. Well done.
Here,  cookie.gif   cookie.gif   cookie.gif
After all that work, I think you're hungry  biggrin.gif

Waiting for the 6th mission.
Amazing work.

Awww thanks for the feedback man. But this is a survival mission pack not ghost city and stuff...it seems like I fail trying to make this into a survival story sad.gif . But why the choice feature is useless...I think it's one of the important thing in the future mission. sad.gif But at lease you like the ammo box feature. And I can't believe that you make use of the map I made. tounge.gif

And of of course, thanks for the high rating man. biggrin.gif

Just one thing, He will leave the stadium sometime, right? because he can't get all the food and water inside in some point, he will need to do it. Not right now but sometime in the future.

I don't know, that depend, you just have to wait and see. sly.gif

AlexanderS4
  • AlexanderS4

Where's my surfer girl?

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE (xGhostx @ Tuesday, Sep 11 2012, 01:52)
Awww thanks for the feedback man. But this is a survival mission pack not ghost city and stuff...it seems like I fail trying to make this into a survival story sad.gif . But why the choice feature is useless...I think it's one of the important thing in the future mission. sad.gif But at lease you like the ammo box feature. And I can't believe that you make use of the map I made. tounge.gif

I'm just saying that most of the survival mission packs are just drive around and kill zombies. I like your mission pack because involve a lot of things. This IS the best survivor mission pack that I've played

About the choice feature, is really fun, I just think is useless because I always choose right biggrin.gif

xGhoztx
  • xGhoztx

• Members

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:45 AM

Aww thanks man ^_^, so the choice useless because it's too easy, right? Just wait and see... that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia
  • Best DYOM Mission 2012 [Resident Evil 4]

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE (xGhostx @ Tuesday, Sep 11 2012, 11:45)
Aww thanks man ^_^, so the choice useless because it's too easy, right? Just wait and see... that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

Make it a triple or quad choice that'll make it hard.

xGhoztx
  • xGhoztx

• Members

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:15 PM

I can't promise you anything now and won't tell you anything, all you can do is wait and see. wink.gif

_Ghost97
  • _Ghost97

This is 'Nam, baby!

• Members

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:08 AM

Alright, here goes my feedback

The mission, damn, it's just, awesome. I'm impressed Ghost, this is the first time I play a real, I mean REAL survival mission pack icon14.gif . Searching for stuffs, the invisible checkpoints, the choice feature, it's just awesome. Your writing is excellent, I don't find any spelling mistakes. The difficulty, it's normal. Only need to search for the invisible checkpoints and kill the zombies (Or monster?). I also like your creativity, the ammo box feature. I guess no one have ever made that feature before biggrin.gif icon14.gif . Well, I got nothing more to say. This mission pack is amazing icon14.gif . I give it 9.7. Too high? You deserve it, Ghost, for your amazing work smile.gif icon14.gif . Oh, if you hungry, take this cookies cookie.gif cookie.gif

xGhoztx
  • xGhoztx

• Members

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE (lee_atsugai @ Wednesday, Sep 12 2012, 16:08)
Alright, here goes my feedback

The mission, damn, it's just, awesome. I'm impressed Ghost, this is the first time I play a real, I mean REAL survival mission pack icon14.gif . Searching for stuffs, the invisible checkpoints, the choice feature, it's just awesome. Your writing is excellent, I don't find any spelling mistakes. The difficulty, it's normal. Only need to search for the invisible checkpoints and kill the zombies (Or monster?). I also like your creativity, the ammo box feature. I guess no one have ever made that feature before biggrin.gif icon14.gif . Well, I got nothing more to say. This mission pack is amazing icon14.gif . I give it 9.7. Too high? You deserve it, Ghost, for your amazing work smile.gif icon14.gif . Oh, if you hungry, take this cookies cookie.gif cookie.gif

Hey thanks for playing and the feedback man. colgate.gif

But well, you don't need to search for the invisible checkpoint, you must know where to go next, not just look for the checkpoint. tounge.gif And I don't know if anyone have made the ammo box before, just think of it when I make the mission. And damn, 9.7 is high. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

And once again, thanks for the feedback and the cookies, too. tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users