Quantcast

» «
Photo

Silent Hill Saga

43 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Silent Hill game is your favorite? (31 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Silent Hill game is your favorite?

1. Silent Hill (6 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

2. Silent Hill 2 (14 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

3. Silent Hill 3 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Silent Hill 4 (1 votes [4.76%])

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

5. Silent Hill Homecoming (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Silent Hill Origins (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Silent Hill Downpour (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Silent Hill Shattered Memories (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote
theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:57 AM

I decided to make a topic about all the Silent Hills and the movies.I recently bought Silent Hill 2 on the PS2 and it's now my favorite game on the PS2.I am getting Silent Hill 3 soon and I can't wait.Which silent hill is your favorite?

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:21 PM

Silent Hill 2.
I can't describe how much i love that game, best atmosphere in any horror game i have ever played, the series is dying unfortunely.

My favourites in a comeplete list:

-Silent Hill 2
-Silent Hill 3
-Silent Hill 4
-Silent Hill: Downpour
-Silent Hill
-Silent Hill:Homecoming

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:35 PM

If you like Silent Hill,you'll love the Ultimate fansite and also the forum of the fansite.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:10 PM Edited by ccrogers15, 19 August 2012 - 08:17 PM.

Silent hill 2. Due to the story, scare factor, characters.

Its a genius game. Too bad konami decided to destroy it. Book of memories WILL be the final blow to the series.

Actually theomenofficial, a better forum with more active users is most def Hells Descent

And Hells Descent covers Dead Space, Silent Hill, Resident evil, Obscure and several other well known horror franchises.

Anyways, ive been a long time fan. And its sad to know that 90% of the fanbase is predicting silent hill wont exist after 2013. This is because BOM will kill the series. SH Shattered memories hurt it, then homecoming hit it hard. Origins hit it as well, downpour hit the nail, and the final blow will be BOM flopping. Its sad to see almost the entire SH fanbase all starting to unlike the SH facebook page, and dis konami. Its konamis fault. They need to stick with 1 developer. They need to stop handing the series off to noobs. SH HD Collection was the worst game ever. It was the most bugged out piece of garbage ive ever played. The developers for the HD collection removed alot of things that made the series scary. HD Collection is HD remakes of SH2 and SH3. They destroyed them. Silent hill wont exist after 2013 unless they do something now. Look at the SH facebook:http://www.facebook.com/silenthill
Everyone who comments on book of memories photos are complaining and dissing. Konami dont take a hint. There letting noob developers kill a once perfect piece of art. Silent Hill was art. Now, its junk.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 20:10)
Silent hill 2. Due to the story, scare factor, characters.

Its a genius game. Too bad konami decided to destroy it. Book of memories WILL be the final blow to the series.

Actually theomenofficial, a better forum with more active users is most def Hells Descent

And Hells Descent covers Dead Space, Silent Hill, Resident evil, Obscure and several other well known horror franchises.

Anyways, ive been a long time fan. And its sad to know that 90% of the fanbase is predicting silent hill wont exist after 2013. This is because BOM will kill the series. SH Shattered memories hurt it, then homecoming hit it hard. Origins hit it as well, downpour hit the nail, and the final blow will be BOM flopping. Its sad to see almost the entire SH fanbase all starting to unlike the SH facebook page, and dis konami. Its konamis fault. They need to stick with 1 developer. They need to stop handing the series off to noobs. SH HD Collection was the worst game ever. It was the most bugged out piece of garbage ive ever played. The developers for the HD collection removed alot of things that made the series scary. HD Collection is HD remakes of SH2 and SH3. They destroyed them. Silent hill wont exist after 2013 unless they do something now. Look at the SH facebook:http://www.facebook.com/silenthill
Everyone who comments on book of memories photos are complaining and dissing. Konami dont take a hint. There letting noob developers kill a once perfect piece of art. Silent Hill was art. Now, its junk.

I see.I also see you have an account on there tounge.gif

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:22 PM

I do have an account. but i stopped going there. It got boring. Plus, the admins are pretty bossy.

flitcroft101
  • flitcroft101

wat

• Members

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:54 PM

2 is my favourite but none of them are scary. A few have really good atmosphere but I think they're all mild as hell in terms of scares.

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:56 AM

I've played the first 5 but I think the first 3 are awesome.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:57 AM

I'm in the minority that think that Downpour was a step in the right direction. Compared to Origins and Homecoming, its a great game.

Anyway, favourite is definitely SH2, got away from the stupid f*cking cult of SH1 and SH3 and made what's probably the best atmosphere and story of any game ever. James Sunderland is probably the most three dimensional video game character of all time, hence having him as an avatar.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:27 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Monday, Aug 20 2012, 06:57)
I'm in the minority that think that Downpour was a step in the right direction. Compared to Origins and Homecoming, its a great game.

have to agree with this, i really liked Downpour.
I hope the franchise won't die, i love it.
James Sunderland is probably the most three dimensional video game character of all time, hence having him as an avatar.

100% Agree.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:48 AM

I agree,Downpour was really good.F*cking IGN gave it a 4.5.

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:02 AM

f*ck the review, man. Never trust them.

Only have played SH2, SH3, and SH4 before, but the only Silent Hill i have actually completed is SH4. Didn't have time to complete the other.
For SH4, i think it still have a good atmosphere, the story is not that bad (i like it), and the graphic is pretty good looking.

Am i the only one here that always use walkthrough to play every Silent Hill game?
Man, i always stuck somewhere. confused.gif

Mr.Moffat
  • Mr.Moffat

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:36 AM

I adore the series, Im going to go with 3 as my fave, because of the art style, the enviroments they are so disgusting looking and repulsive yet beautiful at the same time. the part in the hilltop center with the wheelchair next to the door with the orange light coming through had me staring for 15 mins just wanting to go over there to see what was there alas we could not!

Silent hill 2 and 4 Have amazing soundtracks and stories and also look fantastic.

The first 4 are amazing, origins looked like a silent hill game with a good soundtrack but the story was lacking, but climax UK did save the game from the diaster that climax LA were doing

Homecoming was godawful, too actiony, boring art style, story was ok, but pulled the whole I killed someone and forgot about it like 2 did, but did'nt do it in as convincing way

Downpour was really good actually, kudos to Vatra, shame they may be closing down, would love to see them do another.

Its hard being a fan imo though due to the way some fans act, I've seen people laugh and mock the new developers with death threats etc, Its just sicking to see this sort of stuff.

They seem to also think that team silent was this crack team who made the first 4, when there never was a team silent, each game had diff members with only one or 2 mainstays. and the new games are not all american made only homecoming was.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:59 PM

The new silent hill movie(revelation) is based on Silent Hill 3.It is also releasing on the 26th of October.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:21 PM

Sorry for double post but I just had to post this.
BEST SONG OF ALL TIME! It's called Theme of Laura and it's from Silent Hill 2.

flitcroft101
  • flitcroft101

wat

• Members

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:17 PM

Downpour started good but then quickly turned into absolute garbage. I liked Murphy at the start but then suddenly the entire storyline because generic garbage. Awesome OST though!

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (flitcroft101 @ Monday, Aug 20 2012, 18:17)
Downpour started good but then quickly turned into absolute garbage. I liked Murphy at the start but then suddenly the entire storyline because generic garbage. Awesome OST though!

I agree. Silent Hill Origins tried to copy the original silent hill and failed. Silent Hill Homecoming tried to copy SH 2 and failed. Silent Hill Downpour dont know which one its copying and gets confused. Its a bad game. I hate silent hill now. I only like the original 4 games. Silent Hill 1,2,3 and 4.

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:16 AM

Okay, this has been bugging me for a while now but I have to get this out: Silent Hill 3's ending was really f*cking lame. I'll try to keep this as spoiler free as I can.

Let me paint you a picture. The game's climax is rapidly approaching, the forces of good and evil are about to battle it out. An epic swoosh of excitement sweeps over you as you traverse the dingy rooms, ready for the inevitable blood battle. You brace yourself for one of the most epic, awesome endings in the history of gaming...

And then the game ends. It just stops. You have a fairly dull final boss and then it just runs out of steam and ends. I was speachless, it definitely ended way way way too quickly.
I mean, I was getting pumped for the final battle, real pumped. I thought we were going to see all the characters break down, get destroyed, have breakdowns like SH2 and just bring me to tears. But no. The most interesting character in the game (Vincent) dies unceremoniously, you have about 5 minutes of cult jarble and you have a frankly tame ending, even the alternative one. It took away a lot of the mystery from the rest of the game. By trying to explain the horrors, the devs made it far less atmospheric. And only 2 endings, pretty much being the same?

And yes, I do get what they were doing with the ending. The ending is abrupt to show that revenge doesn't pay and Heather is ultimately in the same place that she was before. But was that really worth sacrificing what could have been an awe inspiring, tear worthy ending ala SH2? I can get why some people like it but I just can't get over how lame it was.

Anyway, SH3 is a freaking awesome game, don't get me wrong, but the ending is seriously lacking. I would have had Vincent play a more interesting role, tie Doug into it somehow by not having him sit on his ass for the second half of the game, a better boss battle and leave me guessing at the ending like SH2. Each ending of SH2 can be interpretated dozens of ways but you can only take each ending oh SH3 one way.

QUOTE (gtaghost)
James Sunderland is probably the most three dimensional video game character of all time, hence having him as an avatar.

100% Agree.

Ha, its kind of funny because really James doesn't actually do anything in SH2 except walk around. But it makes sense. You learn nothing directly from the character but from the world around him ie the environments, the enemies, other characters. They're all part of his inner mind. If you looked directly at the character, you'd say he was a kind, polite man but we really know this is a false exterior hiding his inner selfishness and desires due to Silent Hill. Damn, I love that game, I could write a thousand essays on the psychological aspects of that game and not cover it all.

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Tuesday, Aug 21 2012, 18:46)
Okay, this has been bugging me for a while now but I have to get this out: Silent Hill 3's ending was really f*cking lame.

Weren't there 4 possible endings?

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE (nightwalker83 @ Tuesday, Aug 21 2012, 21:37)
QUOTE (AceRay @ Tuesday, Aug 21 2012, 18:46)
Okay, this has been bugging me for a while now but I have to get this out: Silent Hill 3's ending was really f*cking lame.

Weren't there 4 possible endings?

There's two real endings and a joke ending.
In one ending, Heather reunites with Doug and leaves Silent Hill and in the other, she's possessed or something and kills Doug. They don't really do anything and are pretty similar in terms of style, which is why I dislike them so. Plus they're really just short. Compared SH2 this was a real let down, which had six endings including the joke ones. What I meant in my last post was that SH3's last section (from confronting Claudia to the credits) was just a massive let down.

Charon
  • Charon

The Friendly Stranger

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:18 AM

Silent Hill 1 was impressive to me because it was the first horror game I played, and I've a lot of good memories of it. I got all the endings.
Silent Hill 2 has the greatest doom/horror story that I know. It wins in story and details.
Silent Hill 3 has the most dark, rusted, infernal atmosphere. It defenitely wins in ambience.

Shattered Memories it's a good game, but is everything but Silent Hill.

Of that three games, I've choose SH1, because the nostalgy.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:25 AM

I'm on the part in Silent Hill 2 where you kill the first monster and the controls are really awkward. O_O

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Tuesday, Aug 21 2012, 10:25)
I'm on the part in Silent Hill 2 where you kill the first monster and the controls are really awkward. O_O

What system are you on? If your on PS2 you will get used to it quick. I was never able to get used to the xbox controls though.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Tuesday, Aug 21 2012, 17:22)
QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Tuesday, Aug 21 2012, 10:25)

What system are you on? If your on PS2 you will get used to it quick. I was never able to get used to the xbox controls though.

I'm on PS2,I have the rare Platinum Directors Cut with the Born from a wish sub-scenario.

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Tuesday, Aug 21 2012, 23:25)

Wait, you started this thread saying ths:
.I recently bought Silent Hill 2 on the PS2 and it's now my favorite game on the PS2

And now you're having problems on the first monster? Okay then...

Look, the controls are awkward to give the player a sense of emergency. If combat was easy, it wouldn't be scary as the monsters couldn't harm you. Sunderland isn't a soldier or anything, his day job is being a store clerk so he's not going to know jack sh*t about fighting. Survival Horror is the only genre where sh*tty gameplay makes the game better, its kind of a special leash that they have.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Tuesday, Aug 21 2012, 20:57)

.I recently bought Silent Hill 2 on the PS2 and it's now my favorite game on the PS2

Look, the controls are awkward to give the player a sense of emergency. If combat was easy, it wouldn't be scary as the monsters couldn't harm you. Sunderland isn't a soldier or anything, his day job is being a store clerk so he's not going to know jack sh*t about fighting. Survival Horror is the only genre where sh*tty gameplay makes the game better, its kind of a special leash that they have.

Yeah, I just started playing after I beat Sleeping Dogs yesterday.I didn't say I'm having problems with the monster,just that the controls for moving are weird.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:27 PM

Maybe hes talking about fighting the red pyramid monster boss in the apartments. Maybe he meant the first "Boss".The first time i seen the red pyramid i crapped my pants. Not a joke.

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:35 PM Edited by AceRay, 22 August 2012 - 12:36 AM.

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Wednesday, Aug 22 2012, 10:27)

Maybe hes talking about fighting the red pyramid monster boss in the apartments. Maybe he meant the first "Boss".The first time i seen the red pyramid i crapped my pants. Not a joke.

Well, since the monsters in Silent Hill technically aren't real and James doesn't really kill them so much as beat them, the monster he could be talking about is Eddie, since that's the only other person James murders aside from Mary.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:49 PM

I meant the monster from when you find the radio.The first 10 minutes.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Tuesday, Aug 21 2012, 21:35)
QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Wednesday, Aug 22 2012, 10:27)

Well, since the monsters in Silent Hill technically aren't real and James doesn't really kill them so much as beat them, the monster he could be talking about is Eddie, since that's the only other person James murders aside from Mary.

The monsters arent real should of been hidden by a spoiler tag. He might not know that yet...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users