Photo

Fallout 4

9,372 replies to this topic
tommyguns
  • tommyguns

Trick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Mister Pink, 2 weeks ago.

I only started my first nodded game last night on XB1 & everything is working well, except for...Scrap Everything

In sanctuary it let's me get rid of rubble, vines, bushes etc. Except it only works as far as the carport of the workbench house, beyond that point it won't get rid of anything. So from the bridge up to the workbench house, works great, but not at all further up from there & also it won't get rid of any of the mess on the wanderers old house.

Anyone else have that problem? Any suggestions on a fix? Or suggestions for any scrapper mods that are better?

Apart from that, Snap n Build looks great, just played around with it a little fixing up the settlers house, gonna build my characters place later on. I also found a mod called simple scrap...that just focuses on removing skeletons, corpses, molerat holes, and bollards at starlight.

And finally for now, a new radio station called 'American Dream: seasons' it has 4 set of lore/period correct songs which play depending on the time of year it is, so you get some in built change and freshness. Includes the likes of Sinatra, dean martin, bobby darin, Richie valens, buddy holly.

Update:

Now I'm really confused, the problem has shifted. Now I CAN clear bushes, leaves, flat trash from the wanderers old home and the area up past the workbench house, exactly the area where the mod didn't work before

But....it won't work in the area around the bridge, an area where it did work just a couple of days ago

A side issue about the Syringer rifle. I went down to the blood clinic to get it & it wasn't there. I did some searching but couldn't find any mention of other people saying it had gone missing from that location.

Anyone had that problem with the syringer or other weapons that are supposed to be tied to a location?

Wasted a chunk of time last night searching for a distress beacon that appeared in sanctuary. After a while I checked the workbench to see if one was in there and activated, nope. Then I had another idea, the signal maxxed out on the spot I scrap stuff. Did a search and my suspicion was right, its a bug. If you scrap a distress pulser the signal can be left behind.

After missing a couple of settlement attacks and having them cost me a couple of people in each location & 20-30% happiness, I found out some nice person has made a mod to fix the problem. It puts a standard notification in the middle if the screen about the attack & it stays up until you click OK, so there's no chance of missing future attacks, just hope its also on Xbox.

Update:

that better settlement alerts mod isn't available for the standalone game anymore, you need to have ALL the dlc.

I don't want all the dlc, I learned years ago that while I love the fallout games, the dlc's for them tend to be crap. I tried a bunch of different search's and couldn't find a single other mod that fixed the crappy 'blink and you'll miss it' attack alerts.

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

Whoa man, triple post.

• Mister Pink likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Un-certified Nurse

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm still wondering whether special NPC including companions can have dismemberment. I'm talking about in the original version, not with mods.

I know X6 and Danse can have dismemberment. Father's model can have dismemberment as well.

I tried wreaking havoc in Railroad HQ a few times, I found Deacon and Desdemona never had one, while other Railroad staff NPC had some.

tommyguns
  • tommyguns

Trick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Whoa man, triple post.

Yeah I know, over a few days though & I thought I should update info like problems with mods, the fact that attack alert is only available if you have all dlc etc, just in case people were looking for mods along those lines.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Pink.Inc

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 2 weeks ago

Whoa man, triple post.

Yeah I know, over a few days though & I thought I should update info like problems with mods, the fact that attack alert is only available if you have all dlc etc, just in case people were looking for mods along those lines.

Please you the edit function in future. Thanks :)

Original Light
  • Original Light

You Float Like a Feather

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

So apparently Bethesda's parent company, Zenimax, are being sued over their use of the song "The Wanderer" in Fallout 4 ads. 

http://www.thewrap.c...-wanderer-dion/

https://www.polygon....trailer-lawsuit

luisniko
  • luisniko

Un-certified Nurse

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I don't know what to say, but it's ridiculous and I somehow lose respect with the song, despite of how nice it is.

Just remove the song from the trailer and even better, from the game, and pay the singer.

Static
  • Static

DeadStock

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Static, 2 weeks ago.

Had the terms of the licensing agreement been adhered to, the lawsuit contends, DiMucci could have used his right to refuse consent to persuade ZeniMax “to change the scripts so that, for instance, they instead told the story of a post-apocalyptic struggle for survival without craven violence.

Yeah, this one song from this one artist is somehow so important to the game that said artist somehow has enough say-so or clout to influence a publisher to demand their developer to completely rewrite a longstanding gaming franchise. 

This is just a cash-grab from a no-longer relevant singer. The game is almost 2 years old at this point, and the song was in just about every pre-release trailer/snippet/commerical for the game and he JUST now noticed that his material was being used somewhat without his consent. Not saying he doesn't have a case, but that's only if Zenimax didn't try to separately negotiate/bargain with Dion himself.

• Moth and Ruin like this

jrl51592
  • jrl51592

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

It'll either go nowhere or they'll settle it by paying the guy an X amount of money. Either way, I think it's ridiculous. He should have sued them when the game was still new not wait almost two years to do it. As someone already said, this is more of a cash grab than anything.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Most Creative [Writing] 2016
    Most Talented Writer 2015
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted A week ago

"Alternately, he could have priced into his fee adequate compensation to safeguard himself against the potential loss of goodwill from being associated with the immoral images in Defendants script"

Translation: he seen how successful fallout 4 was and wishes he negotiated a higher fee.

"I'm morally opposed to this, so pay me"

Literally deleting this song off my phone now.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted A week ago

"Alternately, he could have priced into his fee adequate compensation to safeguard himself against the potential loss of goodwill from being associated with the immoral images in Defendants script"

Translation: he seen how successful fallout 4 was and wishes he negotiated a higher fee.

"I'm morally opposed to this, so pay me"

Literally deleting this song off my phone now.

I'm going the opposite way. Whenever the song comes on, it will trigger my character to start committing mass murder and whatnot. Just to increase the immorality of it all.

• jrl51592 likes this

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Most Creative [Writing] 2016
    Most Talented Writer 2015
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted A week ago

The ultimate protest!
  • Tchuck likes this

Vaulttec
  • Vaulttec

Vault Dweller

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

Anyone know any good mods on the Xbox version I don't have the dlc yet for it so I'm looking for mods that are either added or strictly base game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users