Fallout 4

9,324 replies to this topic
luisniko
  • luisniko

Cyuu cyuu

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Yeah use chems as performance enhancers. During a tough boss battle or such. I use them to much cause I got addictol coming out my ears so who cares about addiction?

lol. I don't know why I almost never used any Chems. I know I'm stocked with Addictol so I wouldn't worry about addiction, but I think I just don't like the concept of drug abuse.

The only one I ever took was the one to increase damage (suddenly forgot the name). Basically it makes my character say "F*CKING KILL!".

Either way, I'm producing quite lots of Jet when I hit Red Rocket. It makes good caps, but makes my character to look like a dick after selling a batch of it at different shops.  :bored:

fashion
  • fashion

No More Slots

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I never really used drugs in fallout ever until my second playthrough of F4. Buffjet rules and it was my recipe for even the toughest battles on Hard difficulty. Once I got overpowered, which is pretty much unavoidable later on, Atom's Judgement + Psycho and Buffjet let me slay mirelurk queens in a matter of seconds. Felt badass to just f*ck everything up with a hammer in slow motion.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Cyuu cyuu

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Talking about Mirelurk Queen, is there finally a legit way to remove the acid goo and the likes??

I even have Cedric's ash right in front of the house at Warwick Homestead after a Raider attack and the kid says "I miss Cedric".

Well, kid, Uncle Cedric has left but he isn't really that far away from where you're standing...

fashion
  • fashion

No More Slots

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by fashion, A week ago.

Could be worse you know. Like dead ghouls hovering inside sunshine tidings homes.

Btw, is there a mod that stops companions being send home when they're hurt in survival (PS4)? Like I said, my wasteland is now kind of a warzone of codsworth gets send home a lot because I can't stimpack him. Not sure if I need that robo stimpack to heal him during combat?

monkb4skunk
  • monkb4skunk

Have a nice day, motherf*cker

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • New-Zealand

Posted A week ago

Well, It took me a whole Sunday pretty much but I finally got the Benevolent leader trophy which was my last for the Platinum.

*insert partying vault boy*

There's some pretty sweet places you come across looking for all those bobble heads. Dulwich borers, (the altar at the bottom was a nice touch, kind of Skyrimish and I got a bad ass melee weapon for my trouble)
Posiden energy
Gnr radio (sorry gunners Plaza)
To name a few.

Now for these mods after work, can some kind person explain the load order to me, does it make a difference putting certain ones at top?

21:6
  • 21:6

| v a p o r w a v e |

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Now for these mods after work, can some kind person explain the load order to me, does it make a difference putting certain ones at top?

You put the esp at the bottom, it gets loaded last and therefore takes priority over the previous esps. It is also why Fallout4.esm must be at the top, because it is the clean slate upon which the mods you have installed will edit. 

• monkb4skunk likes this

monkb4skunk
  • monkb4skunk

Have a nice day, motherf*cker

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • New-Zealand

Posted A week ago Edited by monkb4skunk, A week ago.

Thanks for that, that's what I was after.
One more - how do I differentiate the esm and esps?

| v a p o r w a v e |

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by 21:6, A week ago.

Thanks for that, that's what I was after.
One more - how do I differentiate the esm and esps?

The esm are the master files and by my knowledge they are usually used for large-scale projects. They can only be modified by plugin (esp) files. The esm are the core files that acts as a database for everything in the world it creates (hence the name master file). These are placed near the top of your load order, with the esp plugins below to modify them. 

Whatever you do with esm files though, do not place them before the DLC or before the main game. Fallout 4 needs to load first otherwise you will crash often.

• monkb4skunk likes this

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted A week ago Edited by Fireman, A week ago.

There's a new power armor and it's finally an awesome one.

Train Power Armor

These are the kind of mods I love :p

• El Diablo and Banana like this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted A week ago

Only thing I ever used the drugs for were to bring in the dough to buy supplies for my settlement building bonanza. 

Have a couple of brahmin in each settlement, and you will be knee deep in fertilizer in no time.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Cyuu cyuu

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by luisniko, A week ago.

Could be worse you know. Like dead ghouls hovering inside sunshine tidings homes.

Yours are hovering? I have one ghoul hanging on the broken ceiling at Croup Manor like a fking ceiling fan..

At my Sunshine Tidings, the ghouls are laying down inside the houses and thanks to that, those usable houses aren't usable and I had to build a wall separating half of the ghoul-ed Sunshine Tidings... This leaving me with one house for my character, the warehouse for workers quarter, and a barn (the one with computer) for Chem shop and workbenches.

I notice that corpses would confirm their 'staying' spots right after the Settlement confirms 'that it is now yours'.

I kinda did a test in Far Harbor. Remember the Visitor Centre? I been to that place before a mission was tasked. Killed some ghouls in the parking lot and left the corpses there. During the mission, I killed a few guys at the same the parking lot again and left them there. I lured the rest to the forest and dragged whatever body parts out of the settlement zone before the game says the Settlement is now mine. 

The result now is that there's no corpses at the forest, while I have some body parts and ghoul corpses at the parking lot - and permanent of course. I turned the parking lot into Brahmin barn now and ignore the bodies.

fashion
  • fashion

No More Slots

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Yup, they're literatelly floating in the air. It was on my very first playthrough and it looked like a good spot for a settlement so I spend a couple hours building there and throught the corpses will disappear. I was wrong.
My settlers had to get used to rotten, radiated dead bodies hanging above their beds.
I think it's a really dumb move that dead settlers disappear. I was pissed with a settlement once and stacked over 20 dead settler and minutemen bodies on top of each over. It was a mass grave. Shame it just disappeared.

The visiting centre manor became my favorite settlement by the way. It was my main home with just me, a couple guard robots, a doctor and cait.
Remember turing that other FH settlement near the water into a dock, with a concrete made ship on water.
Longfellow's place became a bar. Country styled and a lot of booze.

Now with mods and a new character, I might just redo some of these. Unlocked settlement objects is essential if you play with mods.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Cyuu cyuu

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Yup, they're literatelly floating in the air. It was on my very first playthrough and it looked like a good spot for a settlement so I spend a couple hours building there and throught the corpses will disappear. I was wrong.
My settlers had to get used to rotten, radiated dead bodies hanging above their beds.
I think it's a really dumb move that dead settlers disappear. I was pissed with a settlement once and stacked over 20 dead settler and minutemen bodies on top of each over. It was a mass grave. Shame it just disappeared.

Yes. I honestly don't understand their logic on bodies. Special NPC like the Abernathys do stay. Had to kill Mr Abernathy due to a fatal bugged Minutemen quest which was unavoidable after several save data rollback and I ended up kicking the whole family out and replaced them with Raiders. But still, Mr. Ab's body is there like a souvenir.

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

Aww damn it! my ps4 save keeps crashing :(

Zombified Andy
  • Zombified Andy

Master of procrastination

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 4 days ago

For those on PC or Xbox that haven't played the game yet, it'll be free-to-play during the weekend, followed by some discounts on it and on the Season Pass.

I was really excited because I misread "free acess to mods" with "DLC" and since I have both Friday and Saturday free I though I'd be finally able to enjoy Far Harbour... What a shame.

PC Gamer

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted A day ago Edited by DOOM!, A day ago.

Hey guys, I'm having a huge problem and I hope someone can explain. Long story short, I have moved, they don't have internet service where I'm at the moment, I decided to play FO4 for the first time in a while... I'm in Nuka World, about to clear out the final area, the safari area. I put in about two hours, helped Cito and put a gang in the area. Decided to go to bed, saved and turned off..

Well, it turns out when I save it doesn't save at all and when I save over another save it just deletes both saves sending me back further into my game. I already lost two levels, was 81 and now I'm back at 79. Is this a common problem? Is it fixable?

| v a p o r w a v e |

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

Hey guys, I'm having a huge problem and I hope someone can explain. Long story short, I have moved, they don't have internet service where I'm at the moment, I decided to play FO4 for the first time in a while... I'm in Nuka World, about to clear out the final area, the safari area. I put in about two hours, helped Cito and put a gang in the area. Decided to go to bed, saved and turned off..

Well, it turns out when I save it doesn't save at all and when I save over another save it just deletes both saves sending me back further into my game. I already lost two levels, was 81 and now I'm back at 79. Is this a common problem? Is it fixable?

Possibly a corrupt save? 

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

Yeah, it wasn't a corrupt save. I'm on the One and I have about 12 saves and for some reason it has started putting the most recent saves at the bottom of the load list.

fashion
  • fashion

No More Slots

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 hours ago Edited by fashion, 17 hours ago.

I remember something like this happening on my 360 with other games. It was when my xbox wasn't connected to the net for a while and somehow the date reset itself. Whenever I saved my game, it noted it as saved in xx.xx.2005 so continuing the game from the last save resulted in loading older saves with a date after 2005.

Are you disconnected from xbox live?

Alright, the creatures mod (Ps4) got updated. It seems to have added more spawns to the world as well. Something really epic happened to me. Remember how I was using build anywhere to make small huts and pathways on Boston's rooftops? I made a hut on top of a roof near the lake where you had to find the cat in a vault 81 quest.

So I spend a while in the north with Preston in modded survival and decided to come back to check out a house mod near diamond city. I wanted to make a pit stop in my hut on the roof I've mentioned before.

That's where sh*t got crazy.

I saw an unusual amount of ghouls through my sniper scope. I came from the northwest and stealthy walked close to the lake, observing the ghoul horde carefully. I might mention, I have the zombie walkers mod installed too, which makes ghouls have more health, be very slow and be very sensitive to headshots. It turns out, I was looking at like 50 f*cking ghouls. My sniper scope was marking all of them.

Not to mention a RED radstorm forming, due to some combined weather mods.

It seems that a mod spawned all those ghouls, there was a sh*tload of them and I feared my game's going to crash. I have a survival save mod that lets me save from the inventory menu cuz I'm a pussy (nah, I only use it in emergencies)

They were all near a nearby metro entrance and diner, though I kept my stealth, well, at least until I saw another surprise.

The sniper mod spawned two snipers exactly where I build my hut. It looked as if they were seeking shelter from the ghouls or the storm. Preston had to f*ck it up and started a shootout, which resulted in the whole f*cking swarm to attack us. Took care of the snipers and had a 30 minute intense fight shooting down the ghouls, alongside them were some modded varieties too. They were making their way up the stairway, we fought them back but more and more were coming. The mod had to spawn like 150-200 goddamn ghouls!

I fought and fought until I decided to fall back. I jumped down the roof on the other side to a lower roof and there I saw a caravan dude fighting off ghouls too! I helped him out and saw that preston was hurt. He had to be stimpacked. He was still fighting the ghouls on another side.

That's where I decided to save the game. I can't decide - should I help him out or let him die? I came to take a look at the situation and there's still literally 40 ghouls or so. From ground position, I barely stand a chance. Even with my modded wacky weapons it's gonna be a challenge. But I can't get him die like that can I! He's on the stairway, 6 ghouls standing alongside him and a whole bunch on the ground. What should I do?

Nonetheless, it is the best Fallout moment I ever had. I just combined a bunch of mods and all this stuff randomly happened. Can't figure out what spawned the ghouls, but I ain't changing a thing in my load order.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 15 hours ago

Fashion that makes a lot of sense, because yes I'm disconnect and the date reset itself, thanks.

I've been wondering around clearing sh*t out and staking claim to land for the Nuka world raiders. I've been really tempted to start up a survival playthrough here shortly.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 13 hours ago

You guys ever heard of Pilgrim?

It's a mod that tweaks the ambiance of the game to give it a more horror feel. Thought it looked brilliant! Gonna give it a try when I get home.

• 21:6 likes this

| v a p o r w a v e |

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 hours ago

You guys ever heard of Pilgrim?

It's a mod that tweaks the ambiance of the game to give it a more horror feel. Thought it looked brilliant! Gonna give it a try when I get home.

Looks good, but I don't think it goes well with this game. Fallout 4 isn't supposed to be depressing, the older titles somewhat are.

• Tchuck likes this

fashion
  • fashion

No More Slots

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 hours ago

Anyone else playing with custom music in the background?

I put on spotify PS4 whenever I play. There are various fallout themed playlists with fitting music I listen to sometimes but what I really love to do is turn the volume down a little bit and play The Last of Us soundtrack. It makes some really fitting background music. Red Dead works fine too.

Any other playlists you'd recommend? Any specific game soundtracks that would fit roaming the wasteland?

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Members
  • Syria

Posted 5 hours ago

That mod looks pretty awesome. FO4 is much brighter and zany than its predecessor but it still has an underlying sense of horror that's inherent to its setting. Great to see a mod play around with that.

Skeever
  • Skeever

Blue Lives Matter

• Members
  • United-States
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 23 minutes ago

Hey, I encountered an incredibly similar bug with Fallout: New Vegas a while back (see here), where overwriting a save essentially deleted it, and saving in a new slot would overwrite the last save created. The problem appeared to be that the game refused to update the "times saved" counter beyond a certain number (in my case, #1888).

The solution for me was to delete all of my manual saves for that character, and then load the one "system save" I had. Granted, that was an incredibly dumb risk for me to take, so I wouldn't exactly try that yourself.

Unfortunately, I don't think there are any system saves in Fallout 4 (or, at least, they aren't labeled as such). Do quicksaves still work for you?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users