Fallout 4

9,399 replies to this topic
ULPaperContact
  • ULPaperContact

Proti všem tyranům, pro boha a zemi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2017 - 01:57 PM

Have you ever seen a brahmin? They're slow and unwieldy. I'm sure someone could do it, but they're better at pulling waggons/ holding cargo.

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:33 PM

You don't see people riding cows either, at least not a lot :p

Pat
  • Pat

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:59 PM Edited by Pat, 08 May 2017 - 07:59 PM.

Horses are canonically extinct in the Fallout universe, but I agree that we're long overdue for some kind of mount. It would have been extremely easy for Bethesda to give us some kind of mutated mount using the scripts and animations from Skyrim. Personally I'd say Radstags would have made sense, but hell, they could have retconned that bit about horses being extinct if they really wanted to. It wouldn't be the first retcon in Fallout 4, and it would be nowhere near as offensive as pre-war Jet or ghouls not requiring sustenance.

Alternatively, one suggestion I saw in the comments for that mod was, what if the Institute made synth horses? Boom, doesn't recon horses being extinct, makes it so that having a mount would be a mid game reward for your hard work, and explains why you are apparently the only person in the Commonwealth with access to one.
  • ULPaperContact likes this

ULPaperContact
  • ULPaperContact

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:01 PM

Alternatively, one suggestion I saw in the comments for that mod was, what if the Institute made synth horses? Boom, doesn't recon horses being extinct, makes it so that having a mount would be a mid game reward for your hard work, and explains why you are apparently the only person in the Commonwealth with access to one.

But then they'd have to think up a reason for making horses. Still have no clue why they made gorillas, except in a pitiful attempt to make the game look cooler.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Näkyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:11 PM

It's here.

http://www.nexusmods...t4/mods/24069/?

24069-5-1494265270.png
24069-2-1494265236.jpg
24069-8-1494265266.png
24069-1-1494265236.jpg
  • El Diablo, Tchuck, Pat and 2 others like this

Pat
  • Pat

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:32 AM Edited by Pat, 09 May 2017 - 07:33 AM.

Downloaded it as soon as I saw it. I love the RU556 as much as the next guy, but I really wanted a classic AR-15 instead, and now we finally have one. Also, as much as I love Hitman, I honestly think Hax's AR-15 animations are better than Hitman's set for WARS (which I think is what Deadpool originally planned on using).

To2LtRH.jpg
sNmowyZ.jpg
xeiocYL.jpg

First person:
Spoiler

To be completely honest, I'm not a huge fan of the sounds, but there are only a few weapon mods I've downloaded that I actually kept their original sounds for so that's par for the course with me.

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 09 May 2017 - 01:13 PM

My character from ps4
sP1LsR0.jpg
My character on pc
7X9n3ZW.jpg
My new gun on pc :lol: I do love the sound and the Lazer
fsvfid8.jpg
  • Fireman likes this

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:15 PM

Now that's a gun I will never ever download.

Target13
  • Target13

Beyond creativity

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • DYOM Mission of the Year 2013 [No Age Limit]

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:34 PM

Backstory

Former United States Secretary of Health and Human services, Daryl Whiskey, was kept in the dark about the administration's Enclave actions. While on vacation in his home town of Boston, the bombs fall and well...we all know what happens from there. 200 years later, Daryl learns to adapt and survive, he now has his sights on The Minutemen who might just be able to give The Commonwealth a taste of the former United States glory.)

Character evolution:

Spoiler

• Fireman and monkb4skunk like this

ULPaperContact
  • ULPaperContact

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:38 AM

I actually like the patriotic K-9 unit more than the character. But for the backstory, I think EvilViking13's castle mod would be pretty nice. Like a capitol building.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:44 AM

Am I the only one here who wants wooden bow and crossbow more than laser gun?

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:18 PM Edited by Fireman, 10 May 2017 - 01:21 PM.

We have crossbows already and they're pretty awesome!

As for bows, sure I wouldn't mind it, but I'd prefer a good model that launches those propane tanks/fire extinguishers, someone did make a gun that shoots them and it's fantastic, but it requires a proper weapon and launch system, instead of just a pistol that shoots propane tanks.

ULPaperContact
  • ULPaperContact

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:46 PM

I really don't see the point of bows/crossbows. Just not my thing, at appear pretty stupid to me. Except in real life, then they're pretty cool.

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:32 PM

I "think" a crossbow blow could be quite damaging, in conparing to other guns. A headshot is a headshot, but a crossbow with high damage, scarce ammo and very effective crippling effects on enemies in a fallout game would be pretty damn awesome.

In fact, I've modded the Harpoon Gun with the "any mod any weapon" mod on PS4, make is look a tiny bit like a crossbow and renamed it to "Darryl's Babe". It doesn't really look like a crossbow and shoots huge f*cking harpoons but with a little imagination I can play as a crossbow shooter that way.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Most Creative [Writing] 2016
    Most Talented Writer 2015
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:55 PM

I got to admit I didn't phrase that too well

I'm not aware of horses ever being mentioned tbh; I just never understood how no one had thought of either taming and riding any other creature, or even a wagon pulled by Brahmin or even dogs*. If I was a wanderer, id be trying to make a vehicle dmsome sort. I'd be happy to see it retconned tbh. Sometimes running for 12 hours across several miles just doesn't feel right and it'd be nice to travel quicker and carry more

Or at least as a fast travel option but that'd be redundant with the map travel option

*im awarde that new Vegas has a wagon in it, so maybe I'm just forgetting things!

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:06 PM Edited by Tycek, 11 May 2017 - 12:08 PM.

Vehicles of some sort were always present in Fallout games. In both 1 and 2 we could see Brahmin carts, usually converted from derelict vehicles scattered around. Super Mutant Army were mentioned to possess couple of steam powered trucks.

In Fallout 2 we of course got Chryslus Highwayman, which could be bought and used by main character. NCR army also had couple of vehicles (these were mentioned in the dialogue).

In Tactics we got full array of vehicles from Buggies belonging to raiders, to APCs and even Sherman tank used by the Brotherhood. Not to mention different flying vehicles depicted in the intro (planes, Zeppelin, etc.).

Van Buren were to feature at least couple of different vehicles (motorbike, car, truck, etc.) and cars were mentioned in New Vegas as well, were one of the Omertas were saying he bought his wife a car.

Also seeing the mechanics in various settlements (Smitty in Den - FO2, T-Ray in New Reno - FO2 and the one in NCR - FO2) who could tune up your car to be more efficient, we may assume that they learn the ropes somewhere and your vehicle wasn't exactly the first one they were fixing

ULPaperContact
  • ULPaperContact

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:31 PM

Don't forget Fallout 4's vertibirds. They count.

monkb4skunk
  • monkb4skunk

Have a nice day, motherf*cker

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • New-Zealand

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:50 PM Edited by monkb4skunk, 15 May 2017 - 06:51 PM.

Just got the red rockets glare quest done last night
Spoiler

So I have 3 more trophies before I hit the Platinum,
-They're action figures (bobble heads)
-(the one for 50 misc objectives)
-Benevolent leader *shudder*
Then I'll start playing with mods.

I think I might just slaughter everything

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:18 PM Edited by fashion, 16 May 2017 - 05:19 PM.

Had to scratch my Ellie TLOU character because the play as child mod was removed. Made a character named Clementine instead 2 days ago, a survival run while ignoring the main quest line. She's just a survivor that's really good with tinkering on weapons (wacky weapons mod) and will be dragged into Nuka World and Far Harbor later on somehow. Has a trusty Eyebot companion (simple followers mod) and I got some very interesting weather and atmosphere mods installed that make the game look really awesome and scary. No more colorful blue skies. The city is covered in a yellowish fog and godrays. Nighttime is dark and slightly red.

To any PS4 player, I can highly recommend the Modified Nuka World creatures mod which adds a handful of creatures into the CW. (Mod has 3 parts) No idea how he did it but so far I came across a huge swarm of tiny and deadly ands and VERY CREEPY spiders. They're huge, fast and deadly and gotta be the most creepy thing I saw in the game so far. Skyrim spiders seem friendly now lol

Having fun with this game again.
  • monkb4skunk and Travedge like this

monkb4skunk
  • monkb4skunk

• New-Zealand

Posted 16 May 2017 - 09:15 PM

Someone should make like a psychedelic mod where you take glowing fungus and run around the comonwealth tripping balls, could add some pretty sweet stuff to that scenario.
I got the idea finding a hallucigen cannister to that drugged f*cker Fred. I was disappointed nothing cool happened breathing in all that gas. Lucky dead Raiders.

dyspoid
  • dyspoid

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:09 AM

Someone should make like a psychedelic mod where you take glowing fungus and run around the comonwealth tripping balls, could add some pretty sweet stuff to that scenario.
I got the idea finding a hallucigen cannister to that drugged f*cker Fred. I was disappointed nothing cool happened breathing in all that gas. Lucky dead Raiders.

I had ignored that quest forever, until I stumbled upon the location the other day.

I was expecting to be tripping balls throughout the mission, but it never eventuated. Very disappoint.
  • monkb4skunk likes this

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:57 AM

Have an idea who the next protagonist should be.

We had the lone wanderer, courier and the sole survivor so I came up with a basic idea for the next protag. I think it would be really awesome, with endless RP possibilities, but more on thag later. So here it is:

The Prophet.

The main guy or gal lives his whole life in a vault, which managed to survive for over 200 years. Similar to Vault 101, but of course with it's own sick twists. Once the "tutorial" is complete, something happens, an incident in which every single inhabitant dies and you are he only one who manages to survive and leaves the vault.

As the vault opens and the sun flash begins to dim, something is different. This time around, you see the open wasteland in the background but you are surrounded by a bunch of villagers from the outside. As you step out, they suddenly begin to bow down and pray to you. You are being declared as The Prophet and realize some kind of religious cult was waiting for the Vault to open up. They believe the Vault is where all life once came from (or they believe Aliens landed the vaults on a destroyed planet.. the possibilities are endless here)

That's the basic idea. The player could decide much, much easier to ignore the main quest, maybe even by slaughtering the villagers or forcing them through a 100 speech check later on to sacrifice their lives and commit suicide to honor him. Player could just go on to do his thing and leave the main quest to rot without being reminded of his son all the time.

The main quest would progress by accepting his role or pretending to do so as some new threat emerges and so forth. It's just the basic idea.

Maybe The Prophet is not the right name, not aiming to offend any religious believes or anything. Bethesda would probably choose a different name.
  • sandman2020 and Neon_Dreaming like this

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Threadbare tapestry unwinding slow

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:07 PM

91lbg0g.png

Paused for a selfie on my way to meet Brandis when the Brotherhood's world famous piloting made it into an epic selfie.

• Fireman, gtamann123, Target13 and 3 others like this

monkb4skunk
  • monkb4skunk

• New-Zealand

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:57 PM

^sic
  • Tacymist likes this

A.O.D.88
  • A.O.D.88

Brian Jeremy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:35 AM Edited by A.O.D.88, 18 May 2017 - 05:39 AM.

Do you guys think the Game of the Year Edition/Ultimate Edition will be announced at E3?

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:40 PM Edited by fashion, 18 May 2017 - 07:01 PM.

GodDAMN I'm having fun! Even with PS4's limitations, you have a lot of new ways to play and alter the gameplay to your will.
Having about 80 mods installed, I just added the Snipers of the Commonwealth mod which adds 150 new enemy spawns (snipers, obviously)
I started using the Build Anywhere mod to become the king of the rooftops. Building stairs, small hideouts, camping sites and shacks on top of roofs, connecting rooftops with each other along with many enemy spawn mods (the creature mod I mentioned before is awesome too, tribes of the cw, a mod that adds more wanderers and unique NPCs though forgot what it's called)

Add a survival light to the flavour: Camping mods let me save once I'm safe and I don't need to worry about carryweight, though limiting myself to 3 weapons max (3 custom weapons I use, more are allowed for scrap but not to use). Using wacky weapon workshop mod, I pretend I merge the weapons I find. Also, my Boston kinda becomes a warzone, especially in the outside of the city. The new added groups often fight against the new creatures and raiders.

Feels like a brand new game to me.

Edit: is the Build Anywhere mod limited in any way? Do I have to worry about not spawning too many workshops?

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:00 PM Edited by Fireman, 18 May 2017 - 08:02 PM.

Edit: is the Build Anywhere mod limited in any way? Do I have to worry about not spawning too many workshops?

It's limited in the amount of savegames it corrupts :p

I'm pretty sure that mod was harmful for your saves, better keep some backups. Not sure though.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:51 AM

I think the Chems should have some sort of visual effect

• monkb4skunk likes this

monkb4skunk
  • monkb4skunk

• New-Zealand

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:03 AM Edited by monkb4skunk, 20 May 2017 - 07:03 AM.

They do a bit, but getting addicted to meds/chems for a cheap buzz is never the smart choice :)

Travedge
  • Travedge

A man in motion feels no emotion

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:47 PM

Yeah use chems as performance enhancers. During a tough boss battle or such. I use them to much cause I got addictol coming out my ears so who cares about addiction?
  • monkb4skunk likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users