Photo

Fallout 4

9,240 replies to this topic
Craigsters
  • Craigsters

no, I haven't been up all night on my PC

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:31 AM Edited by Craigsters, 10 March 2017 - 03:31 AM.

It took me over a hour or more to get that Transfer Settlements - Shareable Settlement Blueprints by CDante mod to work, first I didn't know I had Eula agreement to agree to for the game awaiting sense I always use  the f4se_loader - Shortcut from my desktop to launch the game and then I found out I hadn't installed  F4SE properly, it know has a Data folder and after I re-downloaded F4SE and installed it again with  the loader and two dll and data folder I was finally able to  launch and start a new game, without the  F4SE  data folder I kept getting the red rocket opening scene infinite loop screen and no option to start a new game!..

Oldsport
  • Oldsport

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:58 PM

Do you guys want the next fallout to include the settlement stuff ? I really want to see a fallout in china

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Meep.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:19 PM Edited by Sir Michael, 10 March 2017 - 09:21 PM.

I wouldn't mind having the settlement mechanics again, but I'd rather see more pre-established settlements like the ones in past Fallout games. I didn't like that Diamond City, Bunker Hill and Goodneighbor (I guess the Institute and Vault 81 also count) were the only established settlements the second we left the Vault, meanwhile other places were abandoned and loaded with enemies. Towns like Concord and Salem weren't as devastated by the bombs compared to other places around the Commonwealth, there could've been an opportunity to turn them into populated towns. Other than doing quests, looting or randomly exploring the place, there's no real incentive to go back to these towns. IMO, they felt like wasted potential.

China would be an interesting setting, but it would be pretty strange to see that deviation from the American culture we're so accustom to. I don't know how it would fare as a main game, but it would make a good idea for a DLC given we have a means of actually getting to China, whether by sea or air (if that's even possible). Still, I'd like to see what post-war China would look like.

• Oldsport likes this

Zombified Andy
  • Zombified Andy

Think different. Question everything.

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:30 PM

Oldsport, Art Deco never really hit that country, it would make the whole world look a lot different. Not that it's a bad thing and it would surely be something interesting to know the "other side" of the war, and if we are well used to what happened to US on Fallout's world, it would be interesting to know what the supposed enemies got in return. However, I'm not sure if most players would want to see the franchise taking that course.

Personally, I'd love to see, either as a DLC or a spin-off standalone game, an interactive world before the bombs being dropped. We spend hours and hours wandering arround old ruins imagining how things used to be, and even managed to take a glance on that matter both depicted in Sanctuary Hills in FO4's prologue and the virtual environment of Tranquility Lane - but what abount an actual open world where you could be a soldier and experience the States' decadence.
  • Oldsport likes this

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:45 PM

Oldsport, Art Deco never really hit that country, it would make the whole world look a lot different. Not that it's a bad thing and it would surely be something interesting to know the "other side" of the war, and if we are well used to what happened to US on Fallout's world, it would be interesting to know what the supposed enemies got in return. However, I'm not sure if most players would want to see the franchise taking that course.

Personally, I'd love to see, either as a DLC or a spin-off standalone game, an interactive world before the bombs being dropped. We spend hours and hours wandering arround old ruins imagining how things used to be, and even managed to take a glance on that matter both depicted in Sanctuary Hills in FO4's prologue and the virtual environment of Tranquility Lane - but what abount an actual open world where you could be a soldier and experience the States' decadence.

J.E. Sawyer wanted to do a Resource Wars game at one point. Supposedly it would take place in Europe, not exactly the US though. I suppose they could have two storylines to choose from, one to see Pre-War America and one for Europe. The downside would be that it would probably stretch the development team thin to put something that elaborate in.

Oldsport
  • Oldsport

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:19 AM

I agree with all of you. I do think a china 'fallout' game would be more of a serious game than the light hearted fallout 4. I know art deco probably hasnt hit china but wasnt the chinese more advanced than the usa in fallout lore ? They have advanced stealth suits, nukes, submarines and stuff lol and the us stole the stealth boy tech from chinese. But basically what im trying to say is , i think the chinese was more advanced and most likely won the war. They probably have their cities back built up by now. Id love to see a chinese soldier sent to america and see all of chinas advanced power. Sorry for the late reply yall.

Zombified Andy
  • Zombified Andy

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:28 AM

Your comment made me wonder about the idea of multiple characters. You could, for example, switch between a character from the States and another from China that could be connected somehow and either had met before or would eventually meet each other later on the story.

That's something not unusual on RPGs, either, not only the mechanic exists on GTA V it was also common, for example, in the Final Fantasy franchise.
  • Oldsport likes this

dyspoid
  • dyspoid

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:36 PM

I'm currently doing another play through and trying to change things up from my original storyline.

Does anyone else here have a problem attempting to empathise with anyone side from the RR? I'm trying to like the BoS but, seriously, they are just jerks in tin cans.

Zombified Andy
  • Zombified Andy

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:40 PM Edited by Zombified Andy, 11 March 2017 - 06:41 PM.

I dislike BoS on this game, their policies on FO3 (although I know they are supposed to act just like in FO4) were a lot better and there they were actually doing something good for the population. The Institute

Spoiler

I personally

Spoiler

Moth
  • Moth

Sheamus McF*ckyourself

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:33 PM

wasnt the chinese more advanced than the usa in fallout lore ?

Nope. The Chinese were not as advance as the Americans in the lore. The only thing they had going for them were those stealth suits, and that's it. The Americans were steamrolling them in China. Also the Chinese launched first. They were losing and thus started the apocalypse. 

• Oldsport likes this

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Most Creative [Writing] 2016
    Most Talented Writer 2015
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:36 PM

A more populated world would make sense. Enough time has passed and I feel like in new Vegas, there would be more established settlements; intact areas like concord would likely have become fortified in some way; whoever set up there would likely know the threat that their attractive settlement would carry.

I actually loved the settlement building but I felt it distracted too much; the story and entire game aside from that is built as a shooter, not an rpg. You can't build your own personality, and definitely can't explore different morals, beyond siding with one faction or another. I really was obsidian to get their hands on the tools and release a fallout 4 subtitle - I'd salivate at the thought of a game with 4's mechanics, new vegas's atmosphere and story depth and freedom, with the settlement building mode (let's not forget where it's origins are).

But I doubt it.

I personally wouldn't like a game in China much. I loved sleeping dogs but I don't feel fallout would fare too well outside of the US (much like GTA, with its American satire).

LincolnClay
  • LincolnClay

New Bordeaux 1968

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:21 AM

A more populated world would make sense. Enough time has passed and I feel like in new Vegas, there would be more established settlements; intact areas like concord would likely have become fortified in some way; whoever set up there would likely know the threat that their attractive settlement would carry.
I actually loved the settlement building but I felt it distracted too much; the story and entire game aside from that is built as a shooter, not an rpg. You can't build your own personality, and definitely can't explore different morals, beyond siding with one faction or another. I really was obsidian to get their hands on the tools and release a fallout 4 subtitle - I'd salivate at the thought of a game with 4's mechanics, new vegas's atmosphere and story depth and freedom, with the settlement building mode (let's not forget where it's origins are).
But I doubt it.
I personally wouldn't like a game in China much. I loved sleeping dogs but I don't feel fallout would fare too well outside of the US (much like GTA, with its American satire).

It sucks that most of the locations in game have no real purpose other than being a background for a quest.

In the next game, I hope that we can build massive settlements like Diamond City, or maybe even transform an existing city and even become mayor. They could introduce more complicated city stuff like an economy and things of that nature. By the end of it, you'd have a massive, growing metropolis under your control.

I could go on for days about what they could do with the settlement part of the game.
  • Oldsport likes this

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:23 AM

That's be cool but two things:

1) they'd have to get the basics right; in 4, your settlers tend to ignore their posts and congregate in random places - my vault had 90% of my population all in the atrium area; the robots should have been at their guard posts near the entrance and the tunnel to the generator, and the residents were assigned to various agricultural or retail roles, none of whom were ever at their shop!

2) they'd have to remember what the game is; settlement stuff is great and all but only in addition to a solid story, free choices and rpg elements. I felt 4 forgot that, and was just a shooter. Adding settlement stuff is a good way of making the game feel bigger with less work (not so much story writing and voice acting etc, just a few placeable items)
  • LincolnClay and Oldsport like this

Oldsport
  • Oldsport

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2017 - 03:08 PM

I just hope the next fallout is way more story driven. Also, i Heard since bethesda engine is so old that they are in process of creating a new one

LincolnClay
  • LincolnClay

New Bordeaux 1968

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 March 2017 - 03:08 PM

That's be cool but two things:
1) they'd have to get the basics right; in 4, your settlers tend to ignore their posts and congregate in random places - my vault had 90% of my population all in the atrium area; the robots should have been at their guard posts near the entrance and the tunnel to the generator, and the residents were assigned to various agricultural or retail roles, none of whom were ever at their shop!
2) they'd have to remember what the game is; settlement stuff is great and all but only in addition to a solid story, free choices and rpg elements. I felt 4 forgot that, and was just a shooter. Adding settlement stuff is a good way of making the game feel bigger with less work (not so much story writing and voice acting etc, just a few placeable items)

Yeah, for some reason, Bethesda just don't give a single f*ck about things like this. It's astonishing really.

And yeah, a focus on RPG gameplay is more important, I hope they remember that before it turns into a full blown FPS game like COD.

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Meep.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2017 - 06:27 PM

I'll give Bethesda this: gunplay feels much better in this game than in Fallout 3 and New Vegas. It's not groundbreaking, but it does its job. FO3 and NV's weapon designs were easy on the eyes though...

Putting that aside, they ought to bring in new writers. I don't like how their two games initially involve finding a lost family member, it felt kind of cheesy IMO.

• Oldsport likes this

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:36 PM

And retreading old paths, too. I'd honestly like a story where it sets you up for freedom - nv did this well. A simple but basic vengeance story, that is really just the backdrop to a wider, more progressive arc, that affords us more freedom in our character

4, we HAD to play the worried parent, no matter what. I can't truly play as a drug addict, care-for-nothing soulless asshat when the character goes on about their son all the time. It wasn't a bad starting point but it's old hat
  • Oldsport likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:18 PM

I can't truly play as a drug addict, care-for-nothing soulless asshat when the character goes on about their son all the time.

I take it you've never met any real drug-addicts, then. 

• Tchuck and sivispacem like this

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Meep.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:06 AM

Spoiler

Went to Nuka World at level 30... horrible idea. The Gauntlet took me a while to finish, and those creatures outside the park just make things worse. I got f*cking one-swiped by a Cave Cricket right after I healed from fighting a group of Radscorpions. I ended up going back to the Commonwealth after that, I'm far too weak to handle Nuka World right now and it didn't help that I arrived with only a .44, a Combat Knife and Deliverer.

Also, after doing a bunch of stealth playthroughs, I figured I'd rather do something different and not upgrade the Sneak perk past its first stage. Magically ignoring mines, traps, and having silent footsteps made the game too easy. I did lose an hour of progress to one of those grenade bouquets, that was pretty annoying.

• El Diablo likes this

Pat
  • Pat

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Pat, 4 weeks ago.

Well, this is interesting.

It seems like pretty much all mod authors have decided against using Kinggath's script due to Papyrus being too slow for it to be worth it, but apparently this version works much differently. As I understand it, Kinggath's script would basically monitor the amount of rounds in the magazine and change the animation keyword based on that. This is where Papyrus being so slow comes into play - it would frequently take too long to update after a shot is fired, leading to it feeding incorrect information to the script and thus playing the wrong animation. This version, however, doesn't change the animation, it simply forces it to stop playing after a certain amount of time. I don't know if it still utilizes Papyrus or not, so if it does I wouldn't get my hopes up because it might still suffer the same issues as Kinggath's, but this could end up being the new go to for weapons that load round-by-round like shotguns and such. I know DeadPool and Hitman were very much against using Kinggath's script for the Hunting Shotgun, but maybe this version will change their minds.

Edit: it's also worth noting that this version works flawlessly in third person, unlike Kinggath's script which reequipped the weapon every time it changed the animation keyword (ie every time you fired a shot). That was arguably the smallest issue with his script (at least from the perspective of a first person player) but I'm sure it was a very big turn off for third person players, so it's nice to see that it's not an issue with this version.
  • El Diablo likes this

DAWeeE1
  • DAWeeE1

Peon

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 4 weeks ago

I have a peculiar problem with Fallout 4. In fact, I don't even know if it's actually a problem or not. During the latest holiday sale I bought the Far Harbor DLC, and thereafter started up Fallout 4 for the first time in some while. When I looked up the available DLC:s in the add-on menu however, it said that all DLC:s except the High Resolution Textures were installed. I thought it was just some kind of error, but then I started up my latest save where I've finished the main story, and noticed that all the quests for all add-ons came up. I went to do the Automatron quest, fully expecting to see something like "you have to buy this add-on to continue the quest" but nope, there was action and flabbergasted as I was, I got killed.

My question is: is this normal? It really doesn't feel like it. This may sound stupid, but I don't want to continue with any of those quests when I actually haven't bought the DLC. It feels like it could have consequences if I went on to get all the achievements and such. I could try to reinstall the game and see what happens.

jrl51592
  • jrl51592

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by jrl51592, 2 weeks ago.

*deleted*

Pat
  • Pat

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

So, here's what I've been working on for the past couple of months:

I'm extremely worried that I've f*cked something up without realizing it, forgotten to include something, included something I didn't mean to and don't have permission to use, etc but I double, triple and quadruple checked so if I let that worry stop me I would have never been able to release it. If you guys use it and run into any issues or have any criticisms, please do let me know.

Here's the Nexus page for the PC version, and here's the Beth.net page for the Xbone version.
  • Fireman, Ciaran and Static like this

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 2 weeks ago

I have a peculiar problem with Fallout 4. In fact, I don't even know if it's actually a problem or not. During the latest holiday sale I bought the Far Harbor DLC, and thereafter started up Fallout 4 for the first time in some while. When I looked up the available DLC:s in the add-on menu however, it said that all DLC:s except the High Resolution Textures were installed. I thought it was just some kind of error, but then I started up my latest save where I've finished the main story, and noticed that all the quests for all add-ons came up. I went to do the Automatron quest, fully expecting to see something like "you have to buy this add-on to continue the quest" but nope, there was action and flabbergasted as I was, I got killed.

My question is: is this normal? It really doesn't feel like it. This may sound stupid, but I don't want to continue with any of those quests when I actually haven't bought the DLC. It feels like it could have consequences if I went on to get all the achievements and such. I could try to reinstall the game and see what happens.

I think theres a way to look up every game key and dlc key thats associated with your steam account. I gained la noire onto my account somehow never brought it but the perrmission key was located in there i downloades and played it fine had no issues or problems.

Adrian J.
  • Adrian J.

Power To The People

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Adrian J., 2 weeks ago.

I just hope the next fallout is way more story driven. Also, i Heard since bethesda engine is so old that they are in process of creating a new one

Personally I would hope for a Fallout games set during or shortly after the great war. That would be awesome, besides not all the people died when bombs dropped.

I don't remember what terminal it was but people in Boston didn't die, similar situation was in DC. Carol I think was her name in underworld, told stories of people looting, killing etc. So there is a scenario for a game set in a city not totally devastated by the bombs.

Now that would be story driven, characters struggle to grasp with everything that happened, family, friends. Did they die, real moral struggles during the whole lawlessness.

• Jinx. likes this

Target13
  • Target13

Beyond creativity

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • DYOM Mission of the Year 2013 [No Age Limit]

Posted A week ago

So, here's what I've been working on for the past couple of months:

I'm extremely worried that I've f*cked something up without realizing it, forgotten to include something, included something I didn't mean to and don't have permission to use, etc but I double, triple and quadruple checked so if I let that worry stop me I would have never been able to release it. If you guys use it and run into any issues or have any criticisms, please do let me know.

Here's the Nexus page for the PC version, and here's the Beth.net page for the Xbone version.

Downloaded immediately! Looks great and would much my character perfectly. 

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted A week ago Edited by Fireman, A week ago.

A lot of cool weapons were released recently, Skibadaa's minigun set is amazing, though it doesn't suit my current character. RAW Launcher seems cool too, but a bit too high-tech fancy for my liking.

The Gamme Repeater however, now that one is bad-ass, unique, well-made with great customisations and it's rusty. Ashot a homemade one-round shotgun-type pistol, which I quite like.

The Scavenged Mercenery Gear is cool too, don't know if anyone here knows of it. PROBABLY NOT. I like the combinations with the jeans, I don't know why but you rarely ever see jeans in Fallout (mods).

• jrl51592 likes this

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Tämän Maailman Ruhtinaan Hovi

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted A week ago

Add to that a remake of the 12.7mm pistols and a very high quality Mosin Nagant.

We're also soon to have a very good looking modular service rifle based on the AR-15:

11550578-1489441492.png
11550578-1489441375.png
11550578-1489441337.png
  • Fireman, Th3MaN1 and Ciaran like this

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Meep.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Sir Michael, A week ago.

^ AFAIK, that particular Service Rifle is going to be exclusive to Wasteland Overhaul, but Deadpool's also making another Service Rifle as a standalone weapon. The main difference I've noticed between the two is the design of the receivers: the standalone SR's receiver is a replica of a modern M16, while the Wasteland Overhaul version is designed to replicate New Vegas's Service Rifle.

Some screenshots of the standalone version:

Spoiler

It's looking really good though.

Pat
  • Pat

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Pat, A week ago.

Both versions are good, but his personal version is far superior to his Wasteland Overhaul version imo. The thing I've noticed with Wasteland Overhaul weapons is that they're really skinny, which is true to New Vegas but just looks out of place in Fallout 4. It's like a constant reminder that the weapons were not designed with Fallout 4 in mind, they were designed for New Vegas. I'm really hyped for his personal version, though; I've been itching for a good AR-15 in Fallout 4 ever since custom animations became a thing. I'm currently using the RU556 to scratch that itch, but I'd much rather have a classic M4 or M16.

Speaking of weapons, I've been messing around with adding them myself, although so far only for personal use. I started out porting a couple of Millenia's New Vegas weapons (and quickly realized why he didn't want to port them - they really do not hold up well in Fallout 4), then made an attempt at importing Arby26's MP5, and now I'm working on Krycek's SG550 with r_populik's textures. Right now my plan is to use Ha_ru's AK74M animations and see how well they match up. I'm sure they won't match 100%, but they should be close enough. If I'm able to import it without any issues, and if it works well with the aforementioned animations, maybe I'll slap some attachments on it and publicly release it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users