Photo

Fallout 4

8,345 replies to this topic
The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 13:38)
What are they gonna give us this time? More Enclave, Brotherhood, and Super Mutants with addition of so called androids from The Institute. No thanks, I think I'll pass.

“The Institute affairs are none of your concern. Your undeveloped mind couldn't even begin to comprehend what we accomplished." Dr.Zimmer.

.dre.
  • .dre.

reminder 6/12

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (The Killa @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 01:20)
QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Saturday, Aug 18 2012, 19:01)
But bethesda and obsidian suck.

Only one of those is true.

I would only buy this game if it was made by Obsidian. Fallout in Boston made by Bethesda... nope sorry.

I agree with this. This is the reason why New Vegas was better than Fallout 3 (IMO).

Some guy already hinted it would be in the Mojave Desert again. Unless they already changed their minds.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE (bud23 @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 15:29)
What are they gonna give us this time? More Enclave, Brotherhood, and Super Mutants with addition of so called androids from The Institute. No thanks, I think I'll pass.

“The Institute affairs are none of your concern. Your undeveloped mind couldn't even begin to comprehend what we accomplished." Dr.Zimmer.

It great that you know how to post a quote taken from the game, but what is purpose of that input?

baptiste
  • baptiste

Docking request accepted

• Zaibatsu

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

Bethesda keeps promising PS3 users every year that both console versions will be identical and how they got better at developing for PS3 and some bullsh*t PR statements, when infact they are getting worse, Oblivion is the only game they made that actually ran better on PS3, do you know why? because it got released a year later after the 360 version, what does this prove? It proves they can easily make a good PS3 version if they took thier time or dedicated a big team for that version, but like you said they don't even care about the PS3 fanbase which is just f*cking rude if you asked me, who cares if Skyrim sold 6 millon copies on Xbox 360 and only 4.5 on the PS3? 4.5 million gamer is still alot, you can't just ditch them like that.

And I'm sure they do their best, I've worked in testing before, the PS3 is a f*cking nightmare. I've worked on games alot less complex than what Bethesda does and the amount of sh*t you get with the same game with the PS3 as opposed to the 360 is f*cking staggering. They have a sh*t infrastructure and its a nightmare to develop games on the PS3. It requires a stupid amount of extra manpower to fix every bug on the PS3, manpower that they deem the PS3 audience isnt strong enough for, its a business decision and it makes sense, but the fault still lies with SONY.

Aside from the juvenile nature of the comment, you're insinuating that everyone who disagrees with you is automatically some kind of deluded fanboy

I don't attack anybody that disagrees with me, i always get attacked first for stating my opinion then i start defending myself.

You call people fanboys without even reading or understanding what they are saying, I'm stating facts here.

That guy WAS being a fanboy, saying that he is surprised that open-world games are even running on PS3 isn't fanboyish? He doesn't even have the f*cking system so how could he know? i already listed 10  sandbox games that work like wonders on my PS3, why can't bethesda games (Oblivion aside) be the same?

Haha is that supposed to be me? Rofl, thats nice. I've worked on a few games and I'm pretty familiar with devs and the games industry, I know a f*ckton more than you about the systems and how games work. In my original post I specifically stated that the PS3 was f*cking terrible for the gamebryo engine that bethesda uses. There are some engines that have less bugs because its really case specific. I also know for a fact that the UT3 engine hates the PS3.

If you want I can tell you a story, you know Naughty Dog and Quantic dream right? They make exclusive for the PS3 and their games work really well, they are really optimized. Do you wanna know why? SONY regularly sends technicians to help them understand how the PS3 infrastructure works. These people have been working in the games industry for years, and with the PS3 for years, but they still need to send technicians regularly to studios like ND and Quantic because the PS3 has sh*t infrastructure and half the time they just get WTF problems which require "PS3 technicians" to help fix.

You are a f*cking idiot.

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 15:43)
QUOTE (bud23 @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 15:29)

It great that you know how to post a quote taken from the game, but what is purpose of that input?

Actually there is no purpose, it's just a f*cking sentence from Fallout 3 that says;

Noyhing more,nothing less.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

You know what? You should write it in even bigger letters, I still have problems with seeing your point.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 09:34)
QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 01:53)
Bugthesda = No Buy.
I won't support those lazy c*nts, f*ck them.

Can I just point out that it's really only PS3 users who complain about the bugs, slowdowns and technical issues with the Gamebryo Fallout series? Those of us running it on PC or even 360 don't experience anywhere near as many issues with the game- now I've got no idea how much of these issues is to do with the limited hardware capabilities of PS3, the way their individual processor cores assign code, the development and porting of the game or random chance, but frankly I couldn't care less about a handful of PS3 users and their gripes- PS3 was always projected to be the smallest market for F3 and NV and therefore deserving of the least attention. Frankly, as an outside observer, to me it looks like Bethesda just don't care about the PS3 market and that bothers me not one jot. If it bothers you, then don't buy their products- don't just whine about how they are lazy and useless because they don't give a crap about your console and would rather pander to their historic PC market instead. Remember, PC users have been lumped with poorly engineered ports of a whole range of games, so it isn't just Bethesda who are lazy when it comes to working on different platforms.

Anyway, it wasn't just the Fallout series that have been sh*t on PS3. There are numerous series released on both PC and 360 as well that work perfectly fine on those systems yet blow hard on the PS3. The comments about hardware are pretty accurate too- I'm sorry to say it but Gamebryo is very RAM-hungry, no ifs ands or buts about it.

Also, it might be worth pointing out that out of your list of "open world" games, only about 5 are truly open-world and only perhaps 2 or 3 anything close to the scale of F3/NV, but that's by the by.

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 04:37)
Now please do all of us a favor and get out of here with your fanboy-ish crap. Kthxbai

How about you stop whining, pull your thumb out of your arse and go elsewhere then? No-one on this thread wants to hear you mope and moan about how Bethesda doesn't give a sh*t about your platform.

Only fallout 3, NV and Skyrim give me issues on PS3.
Nothing else at all.

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:09 PM Edited by bud23, 19 August 2012 - 04:13 PM.

QUOTE (Tycek @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 16:48)
You know what? You should write it in even bigger letters, I still have problems with seeing your point.

Tycek,Can you take a joke? A simple joke, there is nothing more. wink.gif

Tyler
  • Tyler

Keep what you have built up here

• None
  • Best Poem 2014
    Best Story 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (Pat @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 07:07)
QUOTE (Tyler @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 07:40)
The Institute is one of the most scientifically active places on Earth after the war. How does that not sound interesting?

It doesn't sound interesting to me because I don't think Bethesda's writers can harness the potential there. I was severely disappointed with Fallout 3's "story," and I expect 4's won't be any better. And it's not just because I prefer Obsidian's writing - it's because I think Bethesda are bad at writing.

Yeah, good point. I'd say that the atmosphere of post-nuclear D.C. impressed me thoroughly, but the linear story was entirely lacking. I preferred New Vegas' method of storytelling, but the setting was for the most part uninteresting (aside from NV itself and surrounding junkie-country, and some of the DLC). I wish that Bethesda could oversee creative designs while Obsidian handled the writing and production of quests and all that.

Pat
  • Pat

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (Tyler @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 11:18)
I wish that Bethesda could oversee creative designs while Obsidian handled the writing and production of quests and all that.

In a perfect world...

kid23455
  • kid23455

Typical Amerifat

• Members

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:42 PM

If they finally start making halfway decent PS3 ports or make something that actually runs on my REALLY f*ckING HIGH END PC, maybe I'd buy.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

Its not just about it running on PS3 bad. Several people have reported severe game breaking bugs on the 360 and PC ports. Its because Bethesda are either stupid or lazy.

Dont get me started with Fallout 3 game of the year edition. Its LITERALLY unplayable.

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:49 PM

I think thats pretty cool if it was in boston, idt i've ever played a game set in it

except the upcoming Assassins Creed 3

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 18:44)
Its not just about it running on PS3 bad. Several people have reported severe game breaking bugs on the 360 and PC ports. Its because Bethesda are either stupid or lazy.

Dont get me started with Fallout 3 game of the year edition. Its LITERALLY unplayable.

Your posts are full of sh*t. Now you are throwing sh*t on Fallouts, how are they full of bugs, unplayable and terrible, yet you have both F:NV and F3 in favorite games in your profile. If they are unplayable why do you play them? Are you fan of S&M?

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (kid23455 @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 16:42)
If they finally start making halfway decent PS3 ports or make something that actually runs on my REALLY f*ckING HIGH END PC, maybe I'd buy.

What's the specs of your "really high end PC"? I have an average PC and F:NV and Skyrim run excellent. Even if there was bugs, you just have to think of the scale and scope of the game, how wouldn't it have bugs.

As for the PS3 version, I never encountered many bugs, just simple quest ones.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Skål, jævler!

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 17:44)
Its not just about it running on PS3 bad. Several people have reported severe game breaking bugs on the 360 and PC ports.

I've had severe, game-breaking bugs on GTA IV, two of the three Modern Warfare games I own,, Mass Effect 1 and 2, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Shift 2 Unleashed, Bioshock 2, Deus Ex- Human Revolution, Half-Life 2 and I'm sure a number of other games. The fact they are bugs rather than errors in the design of the game is because they do not happen to everyone, under every single circumstance. Can you name me a role-playing game of a comparable size to F3/NV which suffers from less bugs? I'm struggling to think of one. The simple fact of the matter is that the complexity of games of this nature means that bugs are statistically more likely. And sorry to say it but if you don't understand that you shouldn't even entertain discussing it.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

Just did a bit of research by typing 'fallout4.com' into google. Top answer was 'did you mean fallout4.org?' I put that into the search and it came up 'did you mean fallout4.net?'

Both links lead to a web page called http://www.fo3.net/

It's a totally bogus IMG made to look like a website for a bathroom fitting company. The links in the sidebar don't work, but tellingly the header is 'Refinishing surfaces in the northeast area.

Also the Fallout 4 domain was updated on 7th May this year, so with that and the rumour of the setting Bethesda must have moved from pre-production into full production.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:28 PM Edited by Gtaghost22, 19 August 2012 - 05:33 PM.

QUOTE (baptiste @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 14:50)
Bethesda keeps promising PS3 users every year that both console versions will be identical and how they got better at developing for PS3 and some bullsh*t PR statements, when infact they are getting worse, Oblivion is the only game they made that actually ran better on PS3, do you know why? because it got released a year later after the 360 version, what does this prove? It proves they can easily make a good PS3 version if they took thier time or dedicated a big team for that version, but like you said they don't even care about the PS3 fanbase which is just f*cking rude if you asked me, who cares if Skyrim sold 6 millon copies on Xbox 360 and only 4.5 on the PS3? 4.5 million gamer is still alot, you can't just ditch them like that.

And I'm sure they do their best, I've worked in testing before, the PS3 is a f*cking nightmare. I've worked on games alot less complex than what Bethesda does and the amount of sh*t you get with the same game with the PS3 as opposed to the 360 is f*cking staggering. They have a sh*t infrastructure and its a nightmare to develop games on the PS3. It requires a stupid amount of extra manpower to fix every bug on the PS3, manpower that they deem the PS3 audience isnt strong enough for, its a business decision and it makes sense, but the fault still lies with SONY.

Do you think i'm stupid or what?
I know the PS3 is really hard to develop for but that didn't stop good developers from making really good ports that are pretty much identical to the 360 version.

If Bethesda can't be arsed to make a decent PS3 port then don't f*cking do it, stop giving your PS3 fanbase false promises every year.
Tell my why a game like Oblivion ran better on PS3? Because that's the only time where they actually took thier time making a PS3 port, there is no other reason.

You said it yourself, they don't care that much about the PS3 fanbase, which is why i won't buy thier games in the future, call me a fanboy or any other sh*t i don't really give a f*ck, i had a 360 for 4 until it got RROD and i actually played Fallout: NV on Xbox 360 and bugs were still present (but it was playable at least).

Don't give me that fanboy crap, because you know i'm not a fanboy, did you ever see me trolling in the forza 4/halo 4 topic? No.
Now go take a look at The Last of Us topic, the amount of PC/X360 fanboys in that topic is unbelieveable, posting crap like "it looks so sh*tty and generic, PC games from 2009 looked better" "i'm sure this will be a good movie, but i'm not buying it"
You call me a fanboy for not wanting to support a company that you just admitted it doesn't care about me as a PS3 player?
Nice f*cking logic. i didn't start this argument and you know it, i simply stated that i hate Bugthesda and i won't buy thier games, you are the fanboys for blindly defending this publisher.

Haha is that supposed to be me? Rofl, thats nice. I've worked on a few games and I'm pretty familiar with devs and the games industry, I know a f*ckton more than you about the systems and how games work. In my original post I specifically stated that the PS3 was f*cking terrible for the gamebryo engine that bethesda uses. There are some engines that have less bugs because its really case specific. I also know for a fact that the UT3 engine hates the PS3.

You don't really get it, do you?
I'm calling you (and a few others) Bethesda fanboys, not 360 fanboys.

You got it all wrong from the begining, i simply stated my opinion (that i think they're lazy) and then every Bethesda fanboy started attacking me for no reason, funny how you Bethesda fanboys started attacking me and then backed off and acted innocent.
You are a f*cking idiot.

Thanks for flaming me, i told you...
I never start sh*t, i always get attacked first then i start defending myself, don't worry though as i won't flame you, i'm not a c*nt.

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:42 PM Edited by d0mm2k8, 19 August 2012 - 05:50 PM.

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 04:37)
Oh, Really?

Because i never had big framerate drops in:

-GTA IV: Complete Edition
-Red Dead Redemption
-LA. Noire
-Saints Row 2
-Far Cry 2
-Dark Souls
-Just Cause 2

Well I'm pretty sure I did with these when I played on PS3, quite often actually. Also note that the coding for such games is easier than a game like Fallout or TES, plus the Gamebryo engine generally sucks balls on all platforms in some way or another. PS3 just gets hit hardest.

That guy WAS being a fanboy, saying that he is surprised that open-world games are even running on PS3 isn't fanboyish? He doesn't even have the f*cking system so how could he know?
Are you kidding me? I've had a PS3 since release (hint: before you) and it was my main platform before I got a gaming PC and I still use it for exclusive titles. Don't assume things. It was more of a compliment to the system, like 'Woah, how do they get these huge games working on such sh*t hardware?'.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Skål, jævler!

• United-Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 18:28)

Right, because none of us have acknowledged that there are numerous bugs in all the Gamebryo-engined Fallout/TES games. Oh wait...

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:51 PM Edited by Gtaghost22, 19 August 2012 - 05:55 PM.

QUOTE (d0mm2k8 @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 17:42)
Well I'm pretty sure I did with these when I played on PS3, quite often actually. Also note that the coding for such games is easier than a game like Fallout or TES, plus the Gamebryo engine generally sucks balls on all platforms in some way or another. PS3 just gets hit hardest.

I'm talking about big framerate drops (below 20FPS) sure i got some little framerate drops here and there but it never became unplayble, it always stayed in the range of 23-30 FPS.
Right, because none of us have acknowledged that there are numerous bugsin all the Gamebryo-engined Fallout/TES games. Oh wait...

Before this post i just replied to, you're the only one that did actually.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 17:51)
QUOTE (d0mm2k8 @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 17:42)

I'm talking about big framerate drops (below 20FPS) sure i got some little framerate drops here and there but it never became unplayble, it always stayed in the range of 23-30 FPS.

Mine has dipped to 5 or less per second in new vegas. Typically that only happens after playing for more then 5 hours, and it only happens to me at Red Rock Canyon, Camp Mcarran, and the strip.

In Fallout 3 its happens after about 10 hours and only in megaton, rivet city and oasis.

Skyrim on the other hand, is completely random.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:26 PM Edited by Don Garcia, 16 March 2013 - 01:54 AM.

404: Post not found

baptiste
  • baptiste

Docking request accepted

• Zaibatsu

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:01 PM

Do you think i'm stupid or what?

Yes, yes I do, I think you are mentally ill.

I know the PS3 is really hard to develop

No you didnt, shut up.

for but that didn't stop good developers from making really good ports that are pretty much identical to the 360 version.

I litterally just said that the reason it was as bad as it is for Bethesdas games is because it was directly related to the gamebryo engine Bethesda uses, are you blind?

If Bethesda can't be arsed to make a decent PS3 port then don't f*cking do it, stop giving your PS3 fanbase false promises every year.
Tell my why a game like Oblivion ran better on PS3? Because that's the only time where they actually took thier time making a PS3 port, there is no other reason.

The outrage if they didnt release on PS3 would be about a dozen times worst than the people crying about the bugs now. Secondly, yes, if you spend a stupid amount of time debugging a software then you'll eventually have a bugless game. But the video game industry is still a business and its a business decision that the PS3 sales arnt worth the amount of time it would take to debug it. Hell they probably tried it with oblivion and were left wanting so they didnt do it again.

You said it yourself, they don't care that much about the PS3 fanbase, which is why i won't buy thier games in the future, call me a fanboy or any other sh*t i don't really give a f*ck, i had a 360 for 4 until it got RROD and i actually played Fallout: NV on Xbox 360 and bugs were still present (but it was playable at least).

I didnt call you a fanboy, you are the one that is overly attached to that word and insist on throwing it around like it means something. And why are you telling me you had a 360? I dont give a sh*t and it has nothing to do with this argument. Having a 360 doesnt exempt you from being a complete f*cking retard.

Don't give me that fanboy crap, because you know i'm not a fanboy, did you ever see me trolling in the forza 4/halo 4 topic? No.

Again with the fanboy sh*t, i have no idea what the f*ck youre on about. Keep saying fanboy though, I'm sure it'll work at one point or another.

Now go take a look at The Last of Us topic, the amount of PC/X360 fanboys in that topic is unbelieveable, posting crap like "it looks so sh*tty and generic, PC games from 2009 looked better" "i'm sure this will be a good movie, but i'm not buying it"

I still dont see how it relates, trust me i'm trying.

You call me a fanboy for not wanting to support a company that you just admitted it doesn't care about me as a PS3 player?
Nice f*cking logic. i didn't start this argument and you know it, i simply stated that i hate Bugthesda and i won't buy thier games, you are the fanboys for blindly defending this publisher.

I didnt call you a fanboy. You are entitled to not buying whatever the f*ck you dont want to buy, the only thing I was pointing out is that its hardly bethesdas fault for making the best of sh*tty hardware. And how the f*ck am I blindly defending them, I've carefully explained everything I've said, youre the one throwing sh*t around having no idea what youre talking about.

You don't really get it, do you?

Same difference, it hardly matters, my point is that the reason that bethesdas games are bugged on the PS3 is due to sh*tty hardware in the PS3 and not a lack of effort on bethesdas part. I'm not a fanboy of anyone, I'm stating facts and telling you how it works, this is hardly an argument.

You got it all wrong from the begining, i simply stated my opinion (that i think they're lazy) and then every Bethesda fanboy started attacking me for no reason, funny how you Bethesda fanboys started attacking me and then backed off and acted innocent.

Rofl, are you high? What does this even mean? Look at you trying to play the victim you little sh*t, you insult everyone who speaks any amount of truth to be an raging fanboy when you have no idea what youre talking about and keep spouting your stupid uneducated opinion.

xI Jakk Ix
  • xI Jakk Ix

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 17:26)
Just did a bit of research by typing 'fallout4.com' into google. Top answer was 'did you mean fallout4.org?' I put that into the search and it came up 'did you mean fallout4.net?'

Both links lead to a web page called http://www.fo3.net/

It's a totally bogus IMG made to look like a website for a bathroom fitting company. The links in the sidebar don't work, but tellingly the header is 'Refinishing surfaces in the northeast area.

Also the Fallout 4 domain was updated on 7th May this year, so with that and the rumour of the setting Bethesda must have moved from pre-production into full production.

I noticed something about that website (fallout4.net). It states that it has three showrooms in Dallas, Austin and Plano (all in Texas) and it says it provides services in Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey (which is North East). Boston is also in the North East of America, just a bit further up.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:19 PM Edited by The Killa, 19 August 2012 - 07:21 PM.

QUOTE (Don Garcia @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 12:26)
QUOTE (Pat @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 12:19)
QUOTE (Tyler @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 11:18)
I wish that Bethesda could oversee creative designs while Obsidian handled the writing and production of quests and all that.

In a perfect world...

I'll join you guys in discussing the game and not other sh*t.

I too feel that Bethesda is real weak in the writing department. The "story" has always been my least favorite part of their games. I had to push myself to complete the story in Skyrim because I knew how lame it was gonna be. And it was lame. Real lame. Killing Alduin was so anticlimactic, I felt a rush of apathy wash over my whole being.

Bethesda are awesome world-builders who make some pretty great characters and side-quests. But I believe so much time is allocated to building the world, they can only squeeze enough creativity out the tube to churn out interesting stuff like the Dark Brotherhood missions, etc. All the good stuff in Beth's games lie outside of the main story. Because the main stories are so lackluster.

And that brings me to this point. Bethesda need to overhaul their animations and make their games more cinematic. How the f*ck am I supposed to get excited about slaying Alduin when I'm being told its importance by someone with their arms folded, dead-eyed, and speaking in the most monotone voice imaginable? It's like watching a movie with terrible acting. Total mood kill. And this carries on for the entirety of the game.

I can't fully describe how crippling that is to the experience of the main story. I can't buy a lot of what is said to me in Bethesda games, as far as the main story is concerned, because I know the game. I know the physical limitations, the range of character animations, and how stiff movement overall is. So when I hear an NPC tell me some story of how he craftily snuck around guards, ascended the wall of the castle, ninja ambushed some dudes inside, stole the jewel, and made his escape, my reaction is: "Uh huh. You're capable of all these things, and yet I can't climb upon a raised surface."

I need to feel less restricted. I really want this for Beth's future games. I'm not looking for Uncharted quality, but something in the ballpark would be nice. Because as it is, the presentation is not landing with me. I can ignore this for side-quests because their just little quests on the side, but I want to be wowed by the main story. This doesn't happen for me in Beth games. Fallout 3 ended on a whimper and Skyrim left me hanging. Again, I'm talking solely about the main storylines here.

Can anyone feel me?

Indeed. I thought Skyrim was a beautiful world with a great soundtrack, but the characters, quests, and lack of any real "RPG" elements (it felt like an action / adventure with perks) really drew me away from the world and made the game feel like lost potential rather than the really amazing game it was supposed to be. I never even finished the main quest, not because "omg endless quests evraywhar!!", but because I had absolutely no motivation to. The main quest was, I thought, boring, and the world around me so shallow. Skyrim was as vast as the ocean but had the depth of a puddle.

Thats why I'd much rather have Obsidian do a Fallout game, because I'd have more confidence in them creating a solid story (without plot holes) and an all-round great RPG.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 16:56)
QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 18:44)

Your posts are full of sh*t. Now you are throwing sh*t on Fallouts, how are they full of bugs, unplayable and terrible, yet you have both F:NV and F3 in favorite games in your profile. If they are unplayable why do you play them? Are you fan of S&M?

There addicting. I like them, but that dont mean there not buggy. Why dont you lay off? Are you purposely following my posts to bash me?

Anyways, fallout 3 and Fallout NV are known to be horribly buggy. Why dont you look in the support forum for Bethesdas official site of fallout?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Skål, jævler!

• United-Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 20:25)
Anyways, fallout 3 and Fallout NV are known to be horribly buggy.

In the context of open-world, RPG type games, they aren't that buggy. Have you played, oh, I don't know, Diablo 3, or any of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R series? I have more issues with Clear Sky/Call of Prypiat than I do with NV or FO3.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:28 PM

You dont think this is buggy? 1 frame per second:

Btw, read the comments on the youtube video. As ive said a million times, people are having severe issues.

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Monday, Aug 20 2012, 06:28)
You dont think this is buggy? 1 frame per second:

Btw, read the comments on the youtube video. As ive said a million times, people are having severe issues.

Its not really that buggy no more and also there have been lots of patches since 2010 to mid 2011. Or is it i haven't played the game for a long time...

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 1 anonymous users