Photo

Fallout 4

9,230 replies to this topic
iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:12 PM Edited by iNero, 07 December 2013 - 12:52 PM.

And noone believed me hahah
I always said that it looks unprofessionel.
The funny thing is the statement of Bethesda and why they havent denied it earlier

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:44 PM Edited by Zancudo, 07 December 2013 - 12:56 PM.

Just f*ck you, Bethesda, f*ck you. You should've told us, you cheap pricks.

EDIT: What if it's still Bethesda's site, but they deliberately try to delude us to think it's a troll's work, just to come out at VGX's with Fallout 4's trailer? I know it sounds naive, but it still punches me why did they tell us to "wait and see", instead of "this site is a joke, it's not ours".

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:23 PM

EDIT: What if it's still Bethesda's site, but they deliberately try to delude us to think it's a troll's work, just to come out at VGX's with Fallout 4's trailer? I know it sounds naive, but it still punches me why did they tell us to "wait and see", instead of "this site is a joke, it's not ours".

Just let go, it ain't happening. 

Also Bethesda didn't do anything, for some reason lots of people are acting like they're owed an apology. 

Ivars
  • Ivars

HiiiPoWeR

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:04 PM

http://www.reddit.co..._or_leave_hate/

Bethesda confirmed that it's not their website.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:12 AM

I just bought Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition since it was really cheap, and it's a great game- when it's not freezing every few minutes. God, I hope Bethesda doesn't screw up with the next one.

• Doland J. Trump likes this

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Big Homie

• The Lost MC
  • Unknown

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:02 AM

VGX was garbage, fans should be glad FO4 wasnt in there.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:34 AM

I just bought Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition since it was really cheap, and it's a great game- when it's not freezing every few minutes. God, I hope Bethesda doesn't screw up with the next one.

Let me guess - Play Stay Shawn Three version?

rudy
  • rudy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • France

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:04 AM

The f*ck? The f*ck?
So why the f*ck didn't Bethseda take this sh*t down earlier? I'm surprised they let it continue for this long, I have to imagine the guys behind it are as surprised. Maybe we can take hope from it, and assume it means Bethseda were not unhappy at the free advertising, but I doubt it.
  • MrPeteyMax likes this

727gta
  • 727gta

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:18 AM

The guy behind it is doing an AMA on Reddit. He wrote a whole script for a Fallout game and had a CGI trailer for when the countdown hit 0. 

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:21 AM

Give the link, man.

727gta
  • 727gta

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:26 AM

http://www.reddit.co...rvivor2299_ama/

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

Part-time spy, full-time maniac

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:37 AM Edited by Flynny, 08 December 2013 - 06:38 AM.

did you buy it on console or pc?

PC for me runs smooth as morgan freeman's voice. but console... nah

Doland J. Trump
  • Doland J. Trump

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:49 AM

Get it for PS3? The GOTY on PS3 is known to freeze a lot more than the standalone game with DLC. I'm not 100% but i'm almost certain FO3 was solely made for PC and the console releases were last minute, could have been optimised better. Bethesda has massive potential for FO4 on X1 and PS4. 

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:53 PM

did you buy it on console or pc?

PC for me runs smooth as morgan freeman's voice. but console... nah

Get it for PS3? The GOTY on PS3 is known to freeze a lot more than the standalone game with DLC. I'm not 100% but i'm almost certain FO3 was solely made for PC and the console releases were last minute, could have been optimised better. Bethesda has massive potential for FO4 on X1 and PS4. 

I got it for the PC, I did some reading around the internet and apparently it doesn't function too well with Windows 8. I'm going to try lowering the settings, and see if that helps any.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:24 PM

@Dale Nixon

Sorry, my bad.

Bro.

@DOOM

If they wanted people to suck at shooting, then why the f*ck make the game real time? They should've just stuck with that turn-based crap from the first two games.

The "shooting skill" should just be for people who suck at shooting.

So for example if I played and I'm good at shooting, I'd just leave my stat at its lowest. If someone who can't shoot very well plays it, then they can upgrade their shooting skill and start upgrading their VATS, auto targeting or whatever and have the game do the shooting for them.

Fairest way to do it imo. Pleases both audiences

OR, an even better way, is to have proper recoil (so if the weapon is fired, the reticule would nudge a bit) and things like that. Maybe allow you to hold your breath longer with sniper rifles etc. And have the reticule wobble a bit at the start.

That way, upgrading the shooting stat would be useful for everyone.

The shooting skill isn't for people it's for your character. Go play another random FPS because this type of gameplay is obviously not your cup of tea. Your taking the whole RPG element out of the game.

This game doesn't focus on shooting that well, maybe with the One and PS4 things could change slightly. Otherwise, Fallout isn't your type of game.
  • B Dawg likes this

Cameron
  • Cameron

💯

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:59 PM Edited by Lazyboy., 08 December 2013 - 11:02 PM.

How is fun shooting mechanics taking the whole RPG element?

I already mentioned an alternative that means there is both fun shooting, and a useful shooting skill. As the skill increases, weapon recoil goes down. 

And with the recoil, the reticule shouldn't stay still while the bullets are going everywhere but where they need to. The recoil should move the reticule, so I always know what my bullet will hit.

I think that's a far better idea then endlessly emptying rifle ammo into a super mutant with half of the bullets being wasted because "my character" has a low shooting skill.

I mean, what about when you want to snipe from far away? Your reticule is pointed at the head. You fire. But oh it misses because your character sucks, and now the whole group is firing at you. Reload a save, do it again. And again. Until it finally hits the head. Save game, repeat process for remaining 7 enemies.

What fun is that?

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Release the Bleeding Death!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:10 PM

Just launch a mini nuke, boom all dead :lol:

Eris
  • Eris

Ghetto Star

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:19 PM

How is fun shooting mechanics taking the whole RPG element?

I already mentioned an alternative that means there is both fun shooting, and a useful shooting skill. As the skill increases, weapon recoil goes down. 

And with the recoil, the reticule shouldn't stay still while the bullets are going everywhere but where they need to. The recoil should move the reticule, so I always know what my bullet will hit.

I think that's a far better idea then endlessly emptying rifle ammo into a super mutant with half of the bullets being wasted because "my character" has a low shooting skill.

I mean, what about when you want to snipe from far away? Your reticule is pointed at the head. You fire. But oh it misses because your character sucks, and now the whole group is firing at you. Reload a save, do it again. And again. Until it finally hits the head. Save game, repeat process for remaining 7 enemies.

What fun is that?

Go play a FPS then. There are tons of those around. Don't ruin RPGs just because you want another FPS.

• B Dawg, gta dad and Mr Rabbit like this

Pat
  • Pat

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:31 PM

Lazyboy, it sounds like what you want is an FPS with RPG elements. Fallout is an RPG with FPS elements. I would recommend you find a different game.

• gta dad likes this

Finite
  • Finite

Lazarus

• Members
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:04 AM

I'm not sure, a hybrid of the two systems could work. Fallout's an RPG before an FPS, but to truly be an enjoyable experience, Bethesda are going to have to find a way to transcend the tropes of either genre and mix the two together in a way that benefits both RPG fans, and FPS fans alike. 

I do like the idea of combat based in realism more though, one to three bullets should be enough to bring any humanoid enemy down, deathclaws might take slightly more, but Bethesda could compensate for this by upgrading other parts of the game to match the FPS mechanics, IE, the more inexperienced your character is with firearms, the shakier your aim will be, the slower you'll reload them, you might even stumble over your own fingers and drop a few rounds on the floor. Running with them will be a hastle, and you might even end up injuring your shoulder and arm by holding the weapon in the wrong position while firing, all of these things could be dependent on the player's individual stats, while still giving the player themselves ample amounts of control over their character and the battle they're fighting.

• Cameron likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Computerwelt

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:46 AM Edited by ThePinkFloydSound, 09 December 2013 - 10:50 AM.

I'm playing Fallout 3 again properly. It was my introduction to RPG games. I'm aware of the flak it got from fans of the original 2 but for someone being introduced to RPG-style gaming, it was/is a fantastic place to start off. I played it once, blindly, not quite knowing how to play it in advantageous sense. I gave it another stab but played a really bad guy and rushed through it. Put it down for a year or two and started fresh, having some idea of who I want to be and also playing it more thoroughly, taking advantage of collecting Bobbleheads and making weapons like the Shishkebab.

My point is that it was a fresh experience away from GTA. It seems to be more engaging for me now than GTA. It's has a little more depth, the control of certain people's fate in the game is immense. It also really really helps that it was my first time playing an RPG and didn't know anything about the series. You can't beat being introduced to a great game and not knowing anything before you go in to it. 

Now, there's a little hype about F4 and fans are eager for a new one. I just hope I don't spoil the whole game for myself, just like I practically did with the last 2 GTA's. 

As for Lazyboy, if you like FPS's try Far Cry 3 as it's mostly a FPS with RPG elements. I do understand your frustrations about Fallout it's just that the RPG-style gameplay of F3, shooting mechanics were not much of an issue for most fans. 

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2016
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2015
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:15 PM

All I have to say on the matter is this:

Skyrim + guns = perfect game.

There is nothing more to say on the matter, it is not hard to dream up the idea of that game engine, the scale of the world, the endless upon endless replayability, merge that with the fallout universe and even using the current skyrim engine it would easily be the best game to date and probably the only game you will ever need for the rest of your life.

Cameron
  • Cameron

💯

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:56 PM Edited by Lazyboy., 09 December 2013 - 06:00 PM.

"Go play another FPS"

If there was a game with the depth of Fallout and acceptable shooting mechanics, you're damn right I'd be playing that. But there aren't.

I don't mind playing someone who's sh*t at shooting. Just let me see where the f*ck my bullets will go instead of having to guess. Have the reticule shake about a bit. As Floyd described perfectly, have slowed down reload animations. The occasional arm cripple from holding the gun wrong. THAT is acceptable. Having sh*t shooting mechanics and saying "oh it's an RPG" is just poor game design and laziness. Even having a Small Guns stat of 100 and playing on Very Easy, human enemies still take far more bullets than they need to. "It's an RPG" I hear you say again. But, my character has a Small Guns stat of 100. Doesn't that mean the best? No mistakes? But my character STILL can't shoot for sh*t. It's pathetic. If we're still going with the stupid "IT'S YOUR CHARACTER" crap, why the f*ck bother making 3D environments? Why not just stay with the isometric 2D stuff? You don't need 3D if you don't want good real-time shooting mechanics.

@Floyd: I looked at Far Cry 3 and it looks awesome, I'll definitely get that.

EDIT: And what also bugs me is that to avoid having absurd bullet sponge enemies, you have to play on Very Easy. Even then enemies are bullet sponges, but I want to have enemies with low health, and to have low health myself. There's no balance, either you're the bullet sponge or the enemies are the bullet sponge. Another problem with FO. -_-
  • Mister Pink likes this

Tyler
  • Tyler

omnia vincit amor

• None
  • Best Poem 2014
    Best Story 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:08 PM

There's no reason why gunplay in Fallout can't be more visceral while still providing more mechanics to  reflect its RPG elements. Headshots could kill most humans but they could also kill you, and you can introduce more intricate systems of repair and maintaining firearms. You could also make firearms less prevalent in the hands of novice raiders or criminals, considering these folks would get themselves killed too fast.

I think Fallout could be a wonderful setting for an RPG that is visceral and has fast-paced combat, while still retaining a sense of depth through its character interaction, world building and most of all player agency and choice. You don't need to have a roll-of-the-die combat system to have great role-playing elements. 

• Cameron likes this

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:20 PM Edited by DOOM!, 09 December 2013 - 06:25 PM.

"Go play another FPS"

If there was a game with the depth of Fallout and acceptable shooting mechanics, you're damn right I'd be playing that. But there aren't.

I don't mind playing someone who's sh*t at shooting. Just let me see where the f*ck my bullets will go instead of having to guess. Have the reticule shake about a bit. As Floyd described perfectly, have slowed down reload animations. The occasional arm cripple from holding the gun wrong. THAT is acceptable. Having sh*t shooting mechanics and saying "oh it's an RPG" is just poor game design and laziness. Even having a Small Guns stat of 100 and playing on Very Easy, human enemies still take far more bullets than they need to. "It's an RPG" I hear you say again. But, my character has a Small Guns stat of 100. Doesn't that mean the best? No mistakes? But my character STILL can't shoot for sh*t. It's pathetic. If we're still going with the stupid "IT'S YOUR CHARACTER" crap, why the f*ck bother making 3D environments? Why not just stay with the isometric 2D stuff? You don't need 3D if you don't want good real-time shooting mechanics.

@Floyd: I looked at Far Cry 3 and it looks awesome, I'll definitely get that.

EDIT: And what also bugs me is that to avoid having absurd bullet sponge enemies, you have to play on Very Easy. Even then enemies are bullet sponges, but I want to have enemies with low health, and to have low health myself. There's no balance, either you're the bullet sponge or the enemies are the bullet sponge. Another problem with FO. -_-

I've never had to put any fallout on easy, you gotta use your other skills rather than trying to go around having a gun fight with everything. There are critical and sneak attacks that'll kill or damn nearly kill if your in the right position and if you have companions its even better. I do understand people's gripe about it, I let me good friend borrow 3 and the shooting was his exact complaint.

I've never really had a problem with the shooting once I got used to it and given the gameplay circumstance. In a perfect world they would tweak the mechanics, but my anus won't hurt if they don't focus on shooting in the next fallout.

Shoot, much like the mass effect series, I didn't enjoy or play it for its constant duck and shoot mechanic (at least in 2 & 3) but rather the story and being able to somewhat control it. As long as they can deliver a good story with the freedom of saying or doing what you want, then I should be somewhat satisfied.
  • Mister Pink likes this

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:40 PM Edited by The__Phoenix, 11 December 2013 - 09:40 PM.

Kotaku: "Fallout 4 is Real, Set in Boston"

Still upset about that massive Fallout 4 hoax? Here's some good news for you: The next entry in Bethesda's post-apocalyptic RPG series is real, it's in development right now, and, as rumored, it appears to be set in Boston, according to casting documents obtained by Kotaku.

This is the first confirmation we've received that the next Fallout game is in the works—although it's been generally assumed that Bethesda Game Studios, the development studio behind Fallout 3, has been working on a new Fallout since completing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim back in 2011, Bethesda has yet to announce the new game in any form. In 2012, rumors circulated that Bethesda employees were scouting the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Boston for an upcoming Fallout game, but other than that, news has been thin.

Again, it's worth noting that these details may have been invented for the casting call, and they may change during development. We also don't know whether the game will be called Fallout 4, or whether Boston will be the sole setting or just one of many

ku-xlarge.png

Full article here

http://kotaku.com/le...t-in-1481322956

• Doland J. Trump likes this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:41 PM

I wonder what constitutes 'confirmed to be real' by a Kotaku author, right on the hype train of survivor2299 on the day the countdown would finish.

Gonna be as skeptical as always. 

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:02 PM

Sad about the survivor thing...but oh well Fallout 4 will come!

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

I'm not good with people, but at least I'm not a racist

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:05 PM Edited by Nale Dixon, 11 December 2013 - 11:06 PM.

Kotaku: "Fallout 4 is Real, Set in Boston"

Still upset about that massive Fallout 4 hoax? Here's some good news for you: The next entry in Bethesda's post-apocalyptic RPG series is real, it's in development right now, and, as rumored, it appears to be set in Boston, according to casting documents obtained by Kotaku.

This is the first confirmation we've received that the next Fallout game is in the works—although it's been generally assumed that Bethesda Game Studios, the development studio behind Fallout 3, has been working on a new Fallout since completing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim back in 2011, Bethesda has yet to announce the new game in any form. In 2012, rumors circulated that Bethesda employees were scouting the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Boston for an upcoming Fallout game, but other than that, news has been thin.

Again, it's worth noting that these details may have been invented for the casting call, and they may change during development. We also don't know whether the game will be called Fallout 4, or whether Boston will be the sole setting or just one of many

ku-xlarge.png

Full article here

http://kotaku.com/le...t-in-1481322956

If that is real then Bethesda have exceeded all expectations in the sh*tty writing department.

Sorry, I said 'if' which would give the impression that there's any realistic chance that isn't fake. Silly me.

727gta
  • 727gta

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:42 PM

Not believing it for a second. I know Bethesda are not the best writers but that script is poorly done. I couldn't see them getting the main character to narrate the beginning either. I know FO4 will come one day but that is a cheap way to get people back on a hype train to troll them so soon after the 2299 site. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users