Photo

Fallout 4 Discussion

636 replies to this topic
theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 21:37)
QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 20:36)
QUOTE (MWC @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 21:31)
so no new announcement today after all ?

I guess not. sad.gif
I'm very sorry for hyping all of you guys up, everything under that statement is pointing to an announcement sometime soon.

Well did the guy at least announce what his team was working on?

Update: Now that May 15 is here, I've reached out to Zur and his PR team for comment on what this game could be. As soon as we hear back from them (if we hear back from them) I'll post the update here. Thanks for reading our Fallout 4 release date coverage!

Update on the Update: Inon Zur's PR people got back to us, and the game he was talking about at PAX East (which they insist isn't Fallout 4) won't be announced today. When he's cleared to talk about the project we will (hopefully) get some more details.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:32 AM

QUOTE (ultimatelizardman @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 03:08)
QUOTE (AceRay @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 05:01)
You know what? Why don't we go to Asia? We've spent every single game in the US so far and there's really not much more they can go with that route. It would be really original and interesting to see how the communists dealt with being bombed, it would create a good juxtaposition against the previous titles and be really unique.

Yes, I get that Fallout has always been a parody of American 50s culture but I think by having it in China, you learn about the other side of the battle. Furthermore, imagine the landscapes we'd see, the mix between wasteland and jungle would be awesome.

Gtaghost: Bethesda games are far, far larger than 90% of those games. Remember that they're RPGs and most of what you listed are action sandbox.

I agree, it would be nice to see a fallout game set outside of the US to see how the rest of the world is dealing with the post-apocalypse (China, The UK, Saudi Arabia, Russia, etc...).

And for those who say "I don't want the fallout series to leave America!"; It doesn't necessarily have to be part of the main series, it could be a spin-off (like fallout tactics) or even a DLC for fallout 4.

I hate it when a series' locations just happen to be all in America (or whatever) and then you have fans crying that "it can't leave 'merica!' and so the series just grows stagnent and dies. I agree completely.

Moth
  • Moth

I am mad scientist, sunuvabich!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:45 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 01:32)
You know what? Why don't we go to Asia? We've spent every single game in the US so far and there's really not much more they can go with that route. It would be really original and interesting to see how the communists dealt with being bombed, it would create a good juxtaposition against the previous titles and be really unique.

Yes, I get that Fallout has always been a parody of American 50s culture but I think by having it in China, you learn about the other side of the battle. Furthermore, imagine the landscapes we'd see, the mix between wasteland and jungle would be awesome.

Gtaghost: Bethesda games are far, far larger than 90% of those games. Remember that they're RPGs and most of what you listed are action sandbox.

I agree, it would be nice to see a fallout game set outside of the US to see how the rest of the world is dealing with the post-apocalypse (China, The UK, Saudi Arabia, Russia, etc...).

And for those who say "I don't want the fallout series to leave America!"; It doesn't necessarily have to be part of the main series, it could be a spin-off (like fallout tactics) or even a DLC for fallout 4.

I hate it when a series' locations just happen to be all in America (or whatever) and then you have fans crying that "it can't leave 'merica!' and so the series just grows stagnent and dies. I agree completely.

And I'm guessing you know f*ck all about the lore? Fallout, like GTA, is a parody of American culture. Fallout is just a parody of 50s American culture. The only other countries that Fallout could take place in, are Canada and Mexico. And Mexico it would also need to include a part of he states.

Also ,name one series, just one, that has grown "stagnant" and died by staying in the States. Please tell me, I would love to read your answer.

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE (The General @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 19:45)

And I'm guessing you know f*ck all about the lore? Fallout, like GTA, is a parody of American culture. Fallout is just a parody of 50s American culture. The only other countries that Fallout could take place in, are Canada and Mexico. And Mexico it would also need to include a part of he states.

Also ,name one series, just one, that has grown "stagnant" and died by staying in the States. Please tell me, I would love to read your answer.

I've played every Fallout, even Brotherhood, a game that is so horrible I had to have a cold shower after I played it, so I know my Fallout fairly well at least.

Every jackass who looked briefly at the cover of Fallout knows its a parody of 50s America culture, its obvious that's what the series is about. But considering the talentless hack frauds at Bethesda don't know what to do with the series and are beating a dead horse to the ground, a good way of making something new would be to jump across the shores. You do know there's other cultures in the 50s that could still fit in with the similar atmosphere of Fallout. Probably as ultimatelizardman suggested, a spin off game, so don't get your trousers in a twist over nothing.

How about Cuba for a location? That's close to America and could play upon that whole Missile Crisis and make that into something? Doesn't seem too far out there does it?

As for that last question, how about I just say that True Crime sucked while it was in America, and was just a tired GTA clone, and then stopped being stagnant when it became Sleeping Dogs and went to Hong Kong, it stopped sucking. I'm just saying. I've also been sick recently and so I'm not really thinking straight, so I guess I'll just take that back for the time being, okay?

ultimatelizardman
  • ultimatelizardman

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:48 PM Edited by ultimatelizardman, 16 May 2013 - 07:50 PM.

QUOTE (The General @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 07:45)

Why can't we have a canon spin-off (or DLC) series which takes place outside of the USA and extends the fallout universe, whilst also providing the player with new experiences which would simply not work in a post-apocalyptic parody of 1950's America?

What's wrong with learning about the post-war history of other (former) nations in the fallout universe?
Personally, i would love to see what became of China, Britain, Saudi Arabia, Japan, Russia and South Africa after the "great war".

orbitalraindrops
  • orbitalraindrops

Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:04 PM

I reckon they could do some great things with the ocean in Fallout. Giant mutated Squid. Abandoned cruise liners etc. Just downloaded Fallout and am playing that through for the first time. Only ever played 3 and NV before. Fallout is good, great atmosphere, story, characters etc but the turn based combat annoys me a bit. Also the critical failure causing me to lose my gun and then not be able to see it on the ground because everything is f*cking beige annoyed me as well tounge.gif . Wanna play through F2 as well. Think Ill give BoS and tactics a miss though.

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (orbitalraindrops @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 12:04)
Think Ill give BoS and tactics a miss though.

That is a very wise decision. Tactics is okay but BoS still gives me nightmares...

Anyway, that cruise liner idea was pretty cool, I'd be down for that.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:48 AM

It'd be weird playing outside of the States in Fallout and if they do take that direction they need to be careful, all the the FO lore takes place in the states, but I'm curious if Bethesda and Co. can make something brilliant out of it. I don't think it matters where its located but if they can capture the FO atmosphere. It was always fun running into characters from pre-fo3 games in FO3 and I still haven't beat NV so I don't know about returning characters or easter eggs in that game.

Going to another country for this series means almost a completely different story than from what we are used to and I'm sure thats what a lot of folks are worried about.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:10 PM

Just a small word from Fallout 4: http://www.examiner....date-time-frame

Mid-2015 is probably the most accurate release date for this game.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Monday, Jun 3 2013, 20:10)

But that's so long. sad.gif
It's been 4 years since a new real Fallout and now it will probably be 6 years. angry.gif

MWC
  • MWC

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Monday, Jun 3 2013, 20:17)
QUOTE (Zancudo @ Monday, Jun 3 2013, 20:10)

But that's so long. sad.gif
It's been 4 years since a new real Fallout and now it will probably be 6 years. angry.gif

imho that article looks like a load of bollocks, not only they mentioned that Fallout 4 was considered an xbox one exclusive (where the hell did they pull that out from), they base the whole speculation on a listing of a single online retailer, here is some other games that the Swedish retailer got listed for PS4 and ONE "Red Dead Redemption 2, Agent, Sleeping Dogs 2, Uncharted 4, Just Cause 3, Star Wars 1313, Whore of the Orient" and many others some of which are confirmed to be canceled

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:45 AM

I was reading a fan made idea today that sounded really interesting. He wrote about how he thought it was a good idea to have the next Fallout as a prequel, and start the game off being there when the bombs were dropped, and over the course of the game getting to see how super mutants, Deathclaws etc developed, and how the wastelands turned into the hell they became.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:06 AM Edited by Tycek, 04 June 2013 - 12:25 PM.

Rather bad idea as everything was pretty much explained in F1 and 2. Another point opposing that idea would be fact that it had to be rather long game. War started in 2077, Richard Grey turned into Master in 2102 and first mutants in current form were made in 2152.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (tms_junk @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 10:45)
I was reading a fan made idea today that sounded really interesting. He wrote about how he thought it was a good idea to have the next Fallout as a prequel, and start the game off being there when the bombs were dropped, and over the course of the game getting to see how super mutants, Deathclaws etc developed, and how the wastelands turned into the hell they became.

Funny, I was thinking the other day how fantastic would it be if the game would start before the bomb dropping, when the world was still fine.

Technique
  • Technique

Insane.

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 13:23)
QUOTE (tms_junk @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 10:45)

Funny, I was thinking the other day how fantastic would it be if the game would start before the bomb dropping, when the world was still fine.

Nah, it's not the point of fallout. We know how it happened, even if it's still up to debate how everything happened exactly, but I'm fine with that. The series needs to move forward in time. I want to see how the world develops itself after the bombs fell. That's the point of fallout.

Sam97
  • Sam97

=AoD=

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:39 PM

The problem is, if it keeps moving forwards there will be less raiders, mutants and open space. We know by the time of New Vegas that the NCR have cities and governments back out west. If the next game is set, lets say 50 years after New Vegas I can see the majority of the USA being quite civilised. Of course there will still be some raiders but there wouldn't be very many. Setting it in another country is an option but the only real choices would be Canada, England or Australia since they are predominantly English speaking countries.

I don't know about everyone else but I play fallout to explore the wasteland. And 50 years from NV there would be quite a few cities.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:14 PM

Nobody is saying that next game will have to take place 50 years after NV. The periods between the games are totally random and only developers know how many years will pass this time.

1. Fallout 1 - 2161
2. Fallout Tactics - 2197
3. Fallout: BoS - 2208
4. Fallout 2 - 2241
5. Van Buren - 2253
6. Fallout 3 - Lone Wandered is born in 2258 and he leaves the Vault in 2277
7. Fallout: NV - 2281

Next Fallout may be set in 2287 for example.

Sam97
  • Sam97

=AoD=

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:29 PM

I never said it would be set 50 years in the future, I used that as an example. Around 2290 is the most likely though. However my point still stands, even if it was only 10 or so years in the future the amount of raiders would be a lot smaller than in New Vegas. We know that in the East Caesars Legion had cleared out all of the raiders and the NCR have probably done a fair bit of damage raiders in the West.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:01 AM

How about German Fallout(not my pic):

http://ryomaninja.de...llout-244848652

Just think about it,in Falout world USSR stil existed so probably Berlin Wall and two German states also did,with military bases of USA,USSR and european countries so we can have qiute a variety. We could have Neonazi army,East German communists, follovers of old German Empire with Kaiser,medieval castles,remnants of the old armies of east and west,people from surrounding countries like Denmark,Sweden,Poland,Czech Republic etc. US military experiments could happen in germany too so you can have supermutants there too. And you can have great DLCs so you can travel for example to Transilvania and fight with the tribe of Vampires,or go to Norway and meet new Vikings.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

Reliable rumor: http://www.gamingrea...d-doors-at.html

"
Fallout 4 has been in development since January 2011 by a small team, as the majority were working on Skyrim.
As of February 2013, the team working on Fallout 4 is the size of the team which was working on Skyrim. This is due to Skyrim development ending.
As it stands now, Fallout 4 will release on Xbox One, PS4, PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. However, this is still subject to change.
The actual announcement for Fallout 4 will come BEFORE E3 2014, but will NOT launch in 2014.
The expected launch is in October 2015.
The game is (as of June 2013) 55% complete, consequently, voice actors will be hired towards the end of 2014.
There is no planned multi-player, but there is a possibility of Co-Op locally.
The game will take place in Somerville, Cambridge, Arlington (and surrounding areas). The main setting is in a Post-Apocalyptic Boston. However, this area will not be immediately accessible.
The story is not clear, however, Vaults exist.
The 37 second trailer starts starts with a half-broken phone sparking. The scene pulls out slowly with the stereotypical music you would hear. Slowly you work out the scene is pulling out of a belltower. As it pulls further out, you see a destroyed town around. This is Boston. Suddenly, you hear the bell chime loudly, and the screen changes black instantly. The words of Ron Pearlman are heard "War... War never changes...". The logo for Fallout 4 appears with the 5 platforms above listed."

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:13 AM

I want to believe.

YukiEiri
  • YukiEiri

l33t nekkid skillz...

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 10:25)
The actual announcement for Fallout 4 will come BEFORE E3 2014, but will NOT launch in 2014.

Well that was very reliable?

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

http://www.vg247.com...rs-at-e3-rumor/ Fingers crossed people!!!

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 17:07)
http://www.vg247.com...rs-at-e3-rumor/ Fingers crossed people!!!

Exactly the same.
QUOTE (Zancudo @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 10:25)

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:06 PM

*huge facepalm*

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

I'm Offended By This Username

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:14 PM

Well if they are going to wait that long, hopefully it will be nice and polished by then, have a 50 hour long story, and a kick ass ending.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (The Pizza Delivery Guy @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 12:14)
and a kick ass ending.

Hah.

This is a Bethesda game we're talking about here.

As with most of their stuff, I'd expect this game to be fun for 25 hours before it becoming painfully obvious how wooden and uninspired the characters, story and script reveal themselves to be, whilst being f*cked up the arse by countless bugs, plotholes and casual-tier easy gameplay with absolutely no challenge. An experience that can only been truly enjoyed without a heap of mods.

J-B
  • J-B

Syrup Drenched

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:36 PM

I'm excited for this game to see what the next gen has in store for Fallout, but disappointed that Obsidian won't be involved.

I don't hate Fallout 3, it was a great game, but it didn't come close to having the interesting characters and atmosphere that the first two games and New Vegas had.

Hopefully Bethesda will at least involve Chris Avellone as a consultant or something for the project.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:53 PM

I have an interesting concept, if you will allow me to explain.

So this would be set after New Vegas. Like, 200 years or so after New Vegas. Civilisation is rebuilt, vehicles are functioning and basically everything is like how it was pre-war, there's still dirty stuff and destroyed buildings and the like but society functions well. You will be born around this time, and you spend the start of the game around this time.

Then, because civilisation has been rebuilt, there is another war. This rebuilt civilisation is again nuked, but the bomb is slightly less effective, leaving some modes of transport still usable, but as a whole pretty much everyone dies apart from those in Vaults, which is probably the upper class.

So you've got new raiders and sh*t, and because society has adapted to a post-apocalyptic environment before, there are weapons that make use of radiation and expands on concepts from older Fallout games.

Might be a big change, but I think it's a nice idea, they can do a bit more with the world yet still retain pre great war structures.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 20:53)
I have an interesting concept, if you will allow me to explain.

So this would be set after New Vegas. Like, 200 years or so after New Vegas. Civilisation is rebuilt, vehicles are functioning and basically everything is like how it was pre-war, there's still dirty stuff and destroyed buildings and the like but society functions well. You will be born around this time, and you spend the start of the game around this time.

Then, because civilisation has been rebuilt, there is another war. This rebuilt civilisation is again nuked, but the bomb is slightly less effective, leaving some modes of transport still usable, but as a whole pretty much everyone dies apart from those in Vaults, which is probably the upper class.

So you've got new raiders and sh*t, and because society has adapted to a post-apocalyptic environment before, there are weapons that make use of radiation and expands on concepts from older Fallout games.

Might be a big change, but I think it's a nice idea, they can do a bit more with the world yet still retain pre great war structures.

So it will be post post apocalyptic. Seems like a very extravagant way to just add slightly new gameplay features.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users