Photo

Fallout 4 Discussion

636 replies to this topic
xI Jakk Ix
  • xI Jakk Ix

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:59 PM

May I ask why we are discussing the performance issues related to previous Fallout games in a thread about the setting of a future Fallout 4? If you look at my post it explains why Boston isn't a random place, it's in the North East where all the other places on that website (which looks to be something along the lines of the Epsilon Program for GTA V, if Bethesda or Zenimax are controlling it) are listed.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:05 PM

@ccrogers

Yeah, like I got nothing better to do then follow you and read your not exact great posts. It's not my fault that you're usually posts some things in topics that I found intresting.

This clip is showing that something is not right there. There is either problem with disk, drive or hard drive. There is no way that game could run like that. I know that PS3 version is most bugged, but I've completed F3 on PS3 and it was nothing like that. F:NV on xbox also is working quite normally. Of course there are slow downs in Red Rock and near McCarran gate, but that's all of the bugs (maybe with some bark radscorpions clipped in the ground near Hidden Valley).

OT: shouldn't we discuss future of F4 and possible location here or this is another "I'm gonna rant about bugs all day long" topic?

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 21:05)
@ccrogers

Yeah, like I got nothing better to do then follow you and read your not exact great posts. It's not my fault that you're usually posts some things in topics that I found intresting.

This clip is showing that something is not right there. There is either problem with disk, drive or hard drive. There is no way that game could run like that. I know that PS3 version is most bugged, but I've completed F3 on PS3 and it was nothing like that. F:NV on xbox also is working quite normally. Of course there are slow downs in Red Rock and near McCarran gate, but that's all of the bugs (maybe with some bark radscorpions clipped in the ground near Hidden Valley).

OT: shouldn't we discuss future of F4 and possible location here or this is another "I'm gonna rant about bugs all day long" topic?

Then i guess everyone in those comments on the video have faulty disks too eh? rolleyes.gif

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:29 PM Edited by Gtaghost22, 19 August 2012 - 09:37 PM.

Yes, yes I do, I think you are mentally ill.

I won't flame you, stop trying.

No you didnt, shut up.

No i didn't what?
I litterally just said that the reason it was as bad as it is for Bethesdas games is because it was directly related to the gamebryo engine Bethesda uses, are you blind?

It's a sh*tty engine to develop PS3 games on then? Ok.
The outrage if they didnt release on PS3 would be about a dozen times worst than the people crying about the bugs now.

Not true. i don't remember seeing any outrage about Mass Effect/Bioshock being console-exclusive for Xbox 360, back when they were exclusives.
Bethesda should've made it an Xbox 360 console-exclusive (PC version too obviously) since the start, if you can't develope proberly for PS3 then don't.
Secondly, yes, if you spend a stupid amount of time debugging a software then you'll eventually have a bugless game. But the video game industry is still a business and its a business decision that the PS3 sales arnt worth the amount of time it would take to debug it. Hell they probably tried it with oblivion and were left wanting so they didnt do it again.

because 4.5 million Skyrim copies sold on PS3 aren't that important, right? It sold more than PC version and that's the version they spent most time on.
I didnt call you a fanboy, you are the one that is overly attached to that word and insist on throwing it around like it means something. And why are you telling me you had a 360? I dont give a sh*t and it has nothing to do with this argument. Having a 360 doesnt exempt you from being a complete f*cking retard.

Maybe you didn't, but others did.
I was mainly telling i used to have a 360 just to prove that i'm not just a butthurt PS3 fanboy like some people implied.
I didnt call you a fanboy. You are entitled to not buying whatever the f*ck you dont want to buy,

I told you, others did call me a fanboy.
sh*tty hardware.

PS3 Exclusives. Play them.
  And how the f*ck am I blindly defending them, I've carefully explained everything I've said, youre the one throwing sh*t around having no idea what youre talking about.

You didn't explain sh*t. you only said that Developing for PS3 is a nightmare and that's true, but why can't Bethesda master it by now like other devs did (years ago)?
Same difference, it hardly matters, my point is that the reason that bethesdas games are bugged on the PS3 is due to sh*tty hardware in the PS3 and not a lack of effort on bethesdas part.

sh*tty Hardware?

I told you million times already, EVERY open-world game i have works fine, Bethesda's games are the only buggy ones, why?

You said Gamebyro, right?
Now, you should've said also that this engine isn't that much optimised to fully-work on PS3 instead of rambling on how PS3 has a sh*tty hardware and such but you didn't, i wonder why.

SIMPLE QUESTION:
WHY ARE BETHESDA'S GAMES THE ONLY OPEN-WORLD GAMES THAT RUN LIKE sh*t ON PS3?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Look at his little spots!

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 22:29)
because 4.5 million Skyrim copies sold on PS3 aren't that important, right? It sold more than PC version and that's the version they spent most time on.

Um, Steam has logged more than five million players (ergo 5 million licenses), and that of course excludes everyone who doesn't play it through Steam/didn't buy it on Steam. You really need to check your figures before you just magic stuff out of thin air.

I told you million times already, EVERY open-world game i have works fine, Bethesda's games are the only buggy ones, why?

I'm not entirely sure that this is true, quite aside from the fact you don't seem capable of understanding the differences between an open-world role-playing game and other kinds of open-world game in terms of complexity. Your rhetoric is all well and good, but I'd be really interested to see if you can provide some kind of actual proof that these issues are more prevalent on PS3 than similar issues in other games. I mean, there aren't exactly many dedicated threads on the Bethesda website complaining about technical issues on either console given that so many people bought the games. Proportionally it's a very low number of end users, so I think your personal bad experiences might be skewing your interpretation of facts.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 22:00)

Um, Steam has logged more than five million players (ergo 5 million licenses), and that of course excludes everyone who doesn't play it through Steam/didn't buy it on Steam. You really need to check your figures before you just magic stuff out of thin air.

I'm not entirely sure that this is true, quite aside from the fact you don't seem capable of understanding the differences between an open-world role-playing game and other kinds of open-world game in terms of complexity. Your rhetoric is all well and good, but I'd be really interested to see if you can provide some kind of actual proof that these issues are more prevalent on PS3 than similar issues in other games. I mean, there aren't exactly many dedicated threads on the Bethesda website complaining about technical issues on either console given that so many people bought the games. Proportionally it's a very low number of end users, so I think your personal bad experiences might be skewing your interpretation of facts.

Every open world game works perfect for me as well. Ive had 1 crash on Saints Row 3 but that was all. The only ones that have issues for me are bethesda games.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 22:00)

Sorry, i got them off VGC, thier numbers are way off sometimes.

Your rhetoric is all well and good, but I'd be really interested to see if you can provide some kind of actual proof that these issues are more prevalent on PS3 than similar issues in other games.

Watch this video and tell me that is a playable game:

A simple search on Youtube will tell you how much Bethesda games are nearly unplayble on PS3, and yes i know they patched it later but this still happens (less often).

I know the difference between Open-world Rpgs and Normal Open-world games, i have Dragon's Dogma and Kingdoms of Amalur and they both work fine for me.

baptiste
  • baptiste

Docking request accepted

• Zaibatsu

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

Yes, yes I do, I think you are mentally ill.

I won't flame you, stop trying.

You asked if I thought you were stupid, I answered your question.

No you didnt, shut up.

No i didn't what?

You didnt know that the PS3 had a sh*tty infrastructure. Dont even try and argue.

I litterally just said that the reason it was as bad as it is for Bethesdas games is because it was directly related to the gamebryo engine Bethesda uses, are you blind?

It's a sh*tty engine to develop PS3 games on then? Ok.

Twisting words is nice but thats not what I said, alot of engines have issues with the PS3s infrastructure, its just particularly bad with gamebryo because of how complex it is.
The outrage if they didnt release on PS3 would be about a dozen times worst than the people crying about the bugs now.

Not true. i don't remember seeing any outrage about Mass Effect/Bioshock being console-exclusive for Xbox 360, back when they were exclusives.
Bethesda should've made it an Xbox 360 console-exclusive (PC version too obviously) since the start, if you can't develope proberly for PS3 then don't.

Mass Effect/Bioshock Started as Xbox exclusive, if a long standing franchise such as TES wasnt on PS3 then people would be upset.
Secondly, yes, if you spend a stupid amount of time debugging a software then you'll eventually have a bugless game. But the video game industry is still a business and its a business decision that the PS3 sales arnt worth the amount of time it would take to debug it. Hell they probably tried it with oblivion and were left wanting so they didnt do it again.

This is actually not an argument, i'm telling you what happened, they didnt deem the PS3 important enough to fully debug it, thats a fact. Moreover the PC version sold more than the PS3 version.

sh*tty hardware.

PS3 Exclusives. Play them.

Its funny because this is the definitive proof that you dont actually read what I say, I actually explained this very point, look in my earlier post and find it, i'm not gonna bother re-explaining just because you dont f*cking read.

And how the f*ck am I blindly defending them, I've carefully explained everything I've said, youre the one throwing sh*t around having no idea what youre talking about.

You didn't explain sh*t. you only said that Developing for PS3 is a nightmare and that's true, but why can't Bethesda master it by now like other devs did (years ago)?

I've already explained this, but expecting you to read what I say is probably too much to ask at this point.

Same difference, it hardly matters, my point is that the reason that bethesdas games are bugged on the PS3 is due to sh*tty hardware in the PS3 and not a lack of effort on bethesdas part.

sh*tty Hardware?

Because gamebryo is infinitly more complex than most engines and has to deal with a sh*tton more PS3 exclusive bugs.

You said Gamebyro, right?
Now, you should've said also that this engine isn't that much optimised to fully-work on PS3 instead of rambling on how PS3 has a sh*tty hardware and such but you didn't, i wonder why.

No, I've said this before, its worst because gamebryo is complex, but alot of engines dislike the PS3s infrastructure, inclduing the UDK engine, i'm sorry this is just fact.

SIMPLE QUESTION:
WHY ARE BETHESDA'S GAMES THE ONLY OPEN-WORLD GAMES THAT RUN LIKE sh*t ON PS3?

Sigh.

stu
  • stu

I'm finished.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:43 AM

I don't really understand all this hate. I bought Fallout 3 for PS3 and must have easily played it for over 100 hours, I encountered a couple of glitches and crashes but nothing I'd class as major. I got the platinum for it and it's one of my favourite games of all time. I also bought New Vegas and Skyrim (again for PS3) and played the hell out of them too, and loved both of those games. Bethesda make quality games, and maybe there are a few glitches in there, but it has never detracted from the playing experience for me because they make up for it with their great stories and gameplay.

Personally I'm not bothered where they set it, but Boston does seem like an interesting location. Even though I did like the Fallout games on PS3, it's been a while since I've played them and my memory is rubbish so I can't remember a whole lot about what might make it significant or relevant in the Fallout universe. Still, I like Boston as a city in real life so I'd love it to be set there.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:11 AM

Can we please just get back on topic?

In fallout 4, what kind of factions are you hoping for?

Icarus
  • Icarus

[C9] Orthonormal

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:35 AM

As for the performance issues of Bethesda games, I'm on the 360 and I've had my game freeze now-and-again, but considering how little it happens, it really doesn't bother me. In Skyrim alone, I've got 160 hours (not much compared to some people) and it has frozen maybe 10 times, so once every 16 hours on average is really not bad. Fallout 3 I have had freeze once and I have over 100 hours in that game. Fallout: New Vegas froze me a few times, although I've only committed about 30 hours to it. That's a game I need to go back and replay.

To conclude, they're massive games and not everything is going to be perfect (with probably close to a million lines of code, if not more, it's hard to find every single bug - if you've ever done any programming, trying to find a bug in a 10,000 line code is bad enough). If the games froze on the hour, then yeah, I'd be super pissed about that, but that's never happened and I don't expect it to. Apart from that, bap kinda hammered all the points.

Now, onto the main discussion.

If the location is somewhere near Boston, I think I would like to see some nerdy factions. That is, I'd like to see a faction of nerds from MIT and another faction of nerds from Harvard. I'm sure they could think of some fun quests for that type of play.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:41 AM

QUOTE (Icarus @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 21:35)
If the location is somewhere near Boston, I think I would like to see some nerdy factions. That is, I'd like to see a faction of nerds from MIT and another faction of nerds from Harvard. I'm sure they could think of some fun quests for that type of play.[/color][/font]

I could totally see BoS holing up in the Stata Center at MIT. That is, if the gagglef*ck of materials is still standing by then.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:34 AM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 23:25)
A simple search on Youtube will tell you how much Bethesda games are nearly unplayble on PS3, and yes i know they patched it later but this still happens (less often).

If it's such a major issue, why are there comparatively so few complaints on Bethesda's website. Also, how can you insinuate that a few dozen videos is an accurate representation of several million users, especially when PS3 users like Stu come out and discredit your theory that these problems were endemic in everyine who had the game on PS3?

QUOTE (Moonshield @ Monday, Aug 20 2012, 03:41)
I could totally see BoS holing up in the Stata Center at MIT. That is, if the gagglef*ck of materials is still standing by then.

I quite like the idea of Boston being a possible city. Nice combination of mountainous land, plains and urban areas, plus the obvious appeal of the Commonwealth and the scope for an interesting combination of wasteland society and advanced technology. In terms of what else the could bring to the table, I'd like to see an expansion in the modularity of weapons and the introduction of armour modifications and accessories. Both have been done to good effect by modifiers, and like with the original integration of weapon mod kits, there's probably a desire on Bethesda's part to introduce the most popular third-party modifications into the game.

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:34 AM

I feel like i've been robbed. sad.gif I hate to ask but i made topic about the next fallout game and i'm not really good at doing topics these days but feel free post it in here if you want...

http://www.gtaforums...ic=504421&st=40

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

Robbed how? You made that topic, about a different game (even though it's still Fallout), after this one.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:29 AM Edited by The-King, 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM.

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 16:00)

Just for reference, you're wrong on this one, Skyrim has Steamworks built in, meaning, even if you bought a physical copy, Steam is required to run and play the game unless you crack it after install or something along those lines, and even then, you still have to have had Steam open to install and register the game to your account. That five million is an absolutely accurate sales figure. The only way to play and install the game completely separate from Steam is a pirated copy.

Diggdydog
  • Diggdydog

Trick

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:41 AM Edited by Diggdydog, 22 August 2012 - 09:44 AM.

Personally, I don't care about the setting. I'm just happy with any new Fallout game that expands the story, and the universe. I absolutely love the story (the great war, the factions struggling for power etc.) I think it's great. That's why I liked New Vegas so much more than F3. It's story was actually relating to the Fallout Universe, Fallout 3's story was very self involved. Your character cared more about finding his Father than getting involved in the politics of the wastes.

I know some people prefer your character being kinda unimportant, but I loved being so essential in New Vegas. I also loved having such an easily hateable enemy. The Enclave were easy to dislike, because of what they did to you, but I feel The Legion were so easy to hate just because of how obviously evil they are. Seriously, I must have logged hours just attacking Legion camps. Haha, I f*cking love rolling grenades into there tents at the slave camp biggrin.gif

The legion also has a very interesting structure. I even hate Caesar immensely, and he didn't even kidnap me! Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

---------------------------

In relation to hardware. It's true, PS3 runs Fallout games... weirdly. I wouldn't blame Bethesda or Obsidian for this though. They put a lot of effort into their games. It's clear just by the extreme amount of things there are to do in the game. Amazingly, for an open world game they don't really rely on collectables. I guess it's because of the fact it's an RPG, but it's still a much nicer way of playing the game.

That's what's so good about Fallout. You can literally do as you please. Kill who you want, go where you please (provided you're strong enough). This is why Fallout is bound to be more buggy that any other 'open-world' game. Because there is just so much more content rammed onto that disk! In GTA, RDR, LA Noire, SR, Infamous, AC, Midnight Club & Just Cause you can't truly do as you please. You can explore, kill people etc. Not much else.

On Fallout you can literally go on a complete tangent to the main story. Hell, on Skyrim I only just finished the story! (That could have something to do with how boring I found it though, f*ck the greybeards tounge2.gif ) Still, there's just such a crazy amount of places to explore, people to meet, factions to destroy. Literally 100's of hours of gameplay, all those games mentioned above can't offer that. They can only offer 30 (ish) hours of gameplay, at a push.

In summary, that amounts to a lot less coding to be done. Less codes, less errors. More code, more errors.

Also, GTAGhost, I suggest you stop your sympathy vote. You're really coming across as an idiotic bitch smile.gif

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

I always felt like Fallout 3 stuck more to the original plotlines, which were also sh*t.

Get out of the vault, get {insert something}.

I wouldn't mind a game in a year closer to when the apocalypse happened, or even better, during the apocalypse.

Bellic 4 life
  • Bellic 4 life

Follower of Asatru

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 16:44)
Its not just about it running on PS3 bad. Several people have reported severe game breaking bugs on the 360 and PC ports. Its because Bethesda are either stupid or lazy.

Dont get me started with Fallout 3 game of the year edition. Its LITERALLY unplayable.

Yeah, about that.

I have not had any game-breaking bugs on any Bethesda games. yawn.gif

Bellic 4 life
  • Bellic 4 life

Follower of Asatru

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (Don Garcia @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 18:26)
QUOTE (Pat @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 12:19)
QUOTE (Tyler @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 11:18)
I wish that Bethesda could oversee creative designs while Obsidian handled the writing and production of quests and all that.

In a perfect world...

I'll join you guys in discussing the game and not other sh*t.

I too feel that Bethesda is real weak in the writing department. The "story" has always been my least favorite part of their games. I had to push myself to complete the story in Skyrim because I knew how lame it was gonna be. And it was lame. Real lame. Killing Alduin was so anticlimactic, I felt a rush of apathy wash over my whole being.

Bethesda are awesome world-builders who make some pretty great characters and side-quests. But I believe so much time is allocated to building the world, they can only squeeze enough creativity out the tube to churn out interesting stuff like the Dark Brotherhood missions, etc. All the good stuff in Beth's games lie outside of the main story. Because the main stories are so lackluster.

And that brings me to this point. Bethesda need to overhaul their animations and make their games more cinematic. How the f*ck am I supposed to get excited about slaying Alduin when I'm being told its importance by someone with their arms folded, dead-eyed, and speaking in the most monotone voice imaginable? It's like watching a movie with terrible acting. Total mood kill. And this carries on for the entirety of the game.

I can't fully describe how crippling that is to the experience of the main story. I can't buy a lot of what is said to me in Bethesda games, as far as the main story is concerned, because I know the game. I know the physical limitations, the range of character animations, and how stiff movement overall is. So when I hear an NPC tell me some story of how he craftily snuck around guards, ascended the wall of the castle, ninja ambushed some dudes inside, stole the jewel, and made his escape, my reaction is: "Uh huh. You're capable of all these things, and yet I can't climb upon a raised surface."

I need to feel less restricted. I really want this for Beth's future games. I'm not looking for Uncharted quality, but something in the ballpark would be nice. Because as it is, the presentation is not landing with me. I can ignore this for side-quests because their just little quests on the side, but I want to be wowed by the main story. This doesn't happen for me in Beth games. Fallout 3 ended on a whimper and Skyrim left me hanging. Again, I'm talking solely about the main storylines here.

Can anyone feel me?

Yeah I feel you. Obsidian should definitley be given the writing part of the game, considering a vast majority of their people were in Interplay when Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics were made. On a somewhat related note, I wanna see Ingame books, like in TES. I'd also like them to write books and sell them IRL, like they did with 2 Elder Scrolls novels.

http://en.wikipedia....e_Infernal_City

http://en.wikipedia....i/Lord_of_Souls

Those are the two books.

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:14 PM Edited by d0mm2k8, 22 August 2012 - 08:37 PM.

QUOTE (Diggdydog @ Wednesday, Aug 22 2012, 10:41)
I also loved having such an easily hateable enemy. The Enclave were easy to dislike, because of what they did to you, but I feel The Legion were so easy to hate just because of how obviously evil they are.

The Legion aren't inherently evil though, just like the NCR aren't the 'good guys'. I don't want to turn this into a long winded post about the politics of the Core Region (I've had many similar discussions about this sh*t before), but the main point is all factions have their good and bad points. It's up to you; choose who you believe is the best for the wasteland or just generally are cooler/share your beliefs.

The game is extremely NCR biased though.

I hope Fallout 4 has this kind of moral ambiguity, but not strictly in a political sense like New Vegas. I swear, if the BoS are just the 'uber good guys who save everyone' again I'll be pissed. I want them to have a very minor role like in NV. No Enclave either.

Tyler
  • Tyler

This is gonna take crackerjack timing, Wang.

• Unknown
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:16 PM

I'll the be the first to say I chopped off limbs for the will of Caesar, with extreme prejudice.

Anyway, agreed with domm. I want ambiguity in the same bag as the Witcher 2 for fallout. Except with tons of factions to choose from, and no particularly heavy bias.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

Bitching from the usual bitches aside, I was hoping to see it set in the NCR/Los Angeles.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:40 PM

I agree NV is biased towards the NCR, but it was a step in the right direction from Fallout 3, which had the most absurdly juvenile basic plot-line for an open-world RPG. Even though the Enclave were undoubtedly enemies in Fallout 2, at least they were complex, factional and individualist- in that you could explore their nuances and actually sympathise with them- particularly their foot-soldiers. In Fallout 3, they were just generic, cookie-cutter armoured cannon fodder. Duller than dishwater, if you ask me.

Chunkyman
  • Chunkyman

Foot Soldier

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:29 PM

After the severe dumbing down of Skyrim compared to previous TES games, I cringe at what Bethesda is going to do with Fallout 4.

I pray to god they let Obsidian make another Fallout.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE (Chunkyman @ Wednesday, Aug 22 2012, 14:29)
After the severe dumbing down of Skyrim compared to previous TES games, I cringe at what Bethesda is going to do with Fallout 4.

I pray to god they let Obsidian make another Fallout.

Compared to Oblivion, Skyrim's plot was a masterpiece just to say.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:10 PM Edited by Don Garcia, 16 March 2013 - 01:43 AM.

404: Post not found

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (The Killa @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 01:20)
QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Saturday, Aug 18 2012, 19:01)
But bethesda and obsidian suck.

Only one of those is true.

I would only buy this game if it was made by Obsidian. Fallout in Boston made by Bethesda... nope sorry.

Moronic talk.

Both of you.

Fallout 3 was easily the best.

All we need is Fallout updated like they did with skyrim and I wouldnt need another game.

f*ck any other developer.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:24 PM

I hate how simplified good vs evil Fallout 3 was. In the original games, the BoS weren't some holy protectors of the wasteland and the Enclave weren't some evil government. FO3 missed the point completely. Had a good atmosphere though.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:43 PM

I was mostly just meaning the game as a whole, not minor things that can or cant be changed easily.

Fallout 3, Oblivion, Skyrim.

All amazing because you were allowed to play truely as yourself, go in any direction and do what you want.

I felt that New Vegas forced you down the same route regardless and most things in the game were just there to be completed, and not to be replayed, nobody is going to piss off a faction they dont need to, because you get benefits for having them as allies. So my world basically has no hostile human enemies other than fiends who I get bored of and the odd one or two viper gangers, which I dont fancy reloading all the time just to keep shooting.

It added some decent new weapons and shooting mechanics but overall was nowhere near as unpredictable as fallout 3. So many awesome random things could happen.

Never once would you find an enemy lurking out of their specific zone in New Vegas. The world was practically a dead drone doing the same thing and never had any life.

Also, I hate choosing sides, I want to do ALL the missions, and not be owned by anyone or piss some group off just for stealing their toilet paper.

Fallout 3 and Skyrim have ENDLESS replayability, which is what I want, I want to constantly go back into areas after the enemies respawn and actually have something to do.

Everything in Fallout 3 was way more horrific in terms of a wasteland, New Vegas felt way too safe. And in a way, boring and dull.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users