UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:37 AM

From Reddit:

Icmszrn.jpg

Revelation 16:4 - "And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountain of waters; and they become blood".

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

From Reddit:

Icmszrn.jpg

Revelation 16:4 - "And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountain of waters; and they become blood".

which most likely is a Skyrim for X1 and PS4 announcement...

GTYxPtO.png

more:

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=748364

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:19 PM

Damn...... Hype deflated.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:22 PM Edited by Lazyboy., 09 January 2014 - 05:23 PM.

omg started my new playthrough and learning to play Caravan is probably the most useful skill in the game.

got 2000 caps already and i've not even reached Novac, or that burned down city before it, Nipton I think.
  • 018361 likes this

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:34 PM

omg started my new playthrough and learning to play Caravan is probably the most useful skill in the game.

got 2000 caps already and i've not even reached Novac, or that burned down city before it, Nipton I think.

I should learn to play caravan as well. I could use the caps to 

Spoiler

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

Ah Nero, how sad you must be right now =P

But I find it weird that it's a hoax, since the email address sure as hell looks legitimate.  

Oh well, don't trust everything you see. Especially regarding fallout 4, or anything Bethesda-related without coming from them.

And yeah Caravan is pretty fun as well, shame the rules aren't easily read for most people. 

On a fallout-related note, my Fallout 3 crashes when saving. Boo.

Banana
  • Banana

Ghetto Star

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:44 PM

My New Vegas save file finally went over 11MB so now the game lags like hell all the time and gets worse the longer I play. I can't even enter Red Rock Canyon or the Strip without it lagging on me. They better get that sh*t sorted out when 4 comes out.

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:10 AM Edited by gtarelatedusername2, 02 February 2014 - 10:23 AM.

@ above me: The PS3 was a difficult console to program games for (nevermind porting them), plus it had very limited RAM. The PS4/XB1 are basically low-end, specialized gaming PCs now so the save bloat issue should be solved.

I know I'm responding to an old post, but whatever.

I liked seeing food and stuff left behind in supermarkets. I think instead of getting rid of supermarket loot (lol) altogether, places where there is food lying around should perhaps be guarded by some low-level gang members like Raiders or Powder Gangers, since they'd sort of be guarding the food for themselves.

Thing is, the food is 200 years old. You gotta figure someone would've grabbed it by then, especially since there aren't too many farms in the Capital Wasteland. If Bethesda set the game 20 years after the Great War rather than 200 (like they originally intended), it would've made more sense.

Speaking of, is anyone else getting tired of the Brotherhood of Steel? I feel like they've gone as far as they can go lore-wise, unless we get to see what the BOS in Chicago is up to...but then we'd have another BOS vs. Enclave story. :I

I'd like the next game to put the player in the role of an Enclave soldier, in a pre-war style town similar to Higg's Village, but larger. Maybe try to humanize the Enclave a bit, kind of like what NV did with the Remnants. Either that, or show what life in Legion territory is like in places such as Two-Sun and Flagstaff. It probably won't happen but eh.

EDIT: Actually, now I really want to have a game set in Legion territory, because it'd make a huge difference depending on whether you were a man or woman. That alone would add replay value.

Banana
  • Banana

Ghetto Star

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:19 PM

@ above me: The PS3 was a difficult console to program games for (nevermind porting them), plus it had very limited RAM. The PS4/XB1 are basically low-end, specialized gaming PCs now so the save bloat issue should be solved.

That's why I can't wait to get myself a decent gaming PC. Not only will it run better but you can patch over all the glitches and crashes. And mods of course. For now I'm sticking with Fallout and Fallout 2.

Eris
  • Eris

hey bae

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:28 PM

My New Vegas save file finally went over 11MB so now the game lags like hell all the time and gets worse the longer I play. I can't even enter Red Rock Canyon or the Strip without it lagging on me. They better get that sh*t sorted out when 4 comes out.

New Vegas was running on the same engine Morrowind did. It's no wonder it lagged and crashed constantly. 

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:53 PM

I was thinking about the lack of info on this title the other day. Assuming that the character role recruitment sheets were legit doesn't that normally signify that the game is pretty much done if they are looking for voice actors to come in and record sound for it. I know there are a few exceptions within the industry that do character sound recording directly after character modeling but 9 company's out of 10 leave it to last to add the final sounds in.

Possibly a sign that something maybe very close on the horizon!

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:38 AM Edited by gtarelatedusername2, 04 February 2014 - 12:43 AM.

I was thinking about the lack of info on this title the other day. Assuming that the character role recruitment sheets were legit doesn't that normally signify that the game is pretty much done if they are looking for voice actors to come in and record sound for it. I know there are a few exceptions within the industry that do character sound recording directly after character modeling but 9 company's out of 10 leave it to last to add the final sounds in.

Possibly a sign that something maybe very close on the horizon!

That voice actor stuff was part of the Survivor2299 hoax, done by DCh0axer. Bethesda has come out and said it was all false. Kotaku is one of the worst 'news' sites on the internet. because the writers there don't seem to know the difference between facts, rumors, and lies.

@Banana: Yeah, you can't go wrong with the older games, especially Fallout 2. Fallout Tactics looks pretty good too, though I haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

Also, fans keep bothering various Fallout-related people on Twitter about a release, and people on both sides seem to be getting annoyed with one another, either for asking non-stop, or never giving any information out about the game, not even a confirmation that it's being worked on. It better not turn into another Half-Life 3.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:46 AM

Or you could just do the caps glitch.

(Sell a sh*tty cnd version of a weapon to a vendor then buy it back, it gives you the full cnd version, sell it back, buy back the sh*tty one and repeat. Easy way to clean out mofos.)

Btw, Fallout 4 is gunna rool, amirite lolz?

• 018361 and lazy. like this

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:43 PM Edited by oysterbarron, 04 February 2014 - 02:58 PM.

I really can't wait for the announcement trailer War War Never changes............. i know it will be only a pre-rendered teaser but still going be ace!

6xLO5nX.png

• Hodgey. and + Dragonjack + like this

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:36 PM Edited by gtarelatedusername2, 04 February 2014 - 05:36 PM.

I wonder if we'll be able to steal from people just by putting buckets over their heads.

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:50 PM

Bethesda is busy with publishing eso online, wolfenstein and the evil within but when you guys think they announce fallout 4?

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:03 AM Edited by gtarelatedusername2, 05 February 2014 - 06:07 AM.

Bethesda is busy with publishing eso online, wolfenstein and the evil within but when you guys think they announce fallout 4?

ESO is being done by a different part of Bethesda, and Wolfenstien is only being published by them, not developed. Not sure about the last one.

Also, companies tend to work on multiple games at once, and Bethesda flat out said they planned on releasing at least three Fallout games.

EDIT: Evil Within is only being published by them too, not developed.

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:03 AM

That's what i said, published. I hope they announce it soon and i think that it's gonna be a sept/oct 2015 release.
  • a20characterusername likes this

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:28 PM Edited by gtarelatedusername2, 05 February 2014 - 03:28 PM.

That's what i said, published. I hope they announce it soon and i think that it's gonna be a sept/oct 2015 release.

Ah, my misunderstanding then. I thought you were implying that Bethesda was too busy with other projects for Fallout 4. Apologies.

I agree that it'll probably be a Q3/Q4 2015 release.

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:07 AM Edited by Dutch Psycho, 07 February 2014 - 10:08 AM.

Fresh rumor if you didn't noticed.

http://www.imdb.com/..._=nm_flmg_act_1

Probably made by a fan

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:47 AM

this is like the most obvious fake we got...

sure they name it shadow of boston, when recently shadow of mordor was revealed...

and the site is deleted anyways

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:59 AM

Yeah, /r/Fallout quickly debunked the IMDB page. They're pretty good when it comes to shooting down rumors-- they're like NMA minus the neckbeard elitism. ;o

What annoys me is that some sites keep cycling the same rumors and packaging them as new information *cough*sidhtech*cough*. Anything for a few clicks, I suppose.

Nothing short of a statement from either Chris Avellone or Pete Hines will get me back aboard the hype train. ;/

Now I know how Half-Life fans feel.

• 018361 and Dutch Psycho like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

The Past Inside The Present

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:25 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 18 June 2014 - 04:25 PM.

So, Fallout 4 is basically confirmed. Nothing new, we sort of knew this but here's Bethesda's Tom Howard explaining it...

"We're taking our time, we're extremely excited about it and the reason we're kind of holding back right now is because we want to wait until it's really there to show it to everybody," Howard explained.

"We don't want to kind of dribble it out, we'd rather say, you know, 'surprise, boom, here it is.' And make sure that moment of learning about something and seeing for the first time is really... I enjoy those moments for other games so we'd rather hold back and wait and just surprise everybody."

http://www.nowgamer...._next_game.html

• Daz, FullMetal and J-B like this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:11 PM

And just when you think something new appeared...boom, nothing. 

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:23 PM

I'm curious in what state this game is now.

J-B
  • J-B

Two Faced

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:27 PM

Please no green saturation filter, Please no green saturation filter, Please no green saturation filter, Please no green saturation filter.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:45 PM

don't worry.

if Bethesda feels the need to use sh*tty filters, the modding community will just feel the need to delete them.

• Daz likes this

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:16 AM

I probably mentioned this already, but unless they finally get the shooting mechanics right, Im not really interessted.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:27 AM

I probably mentioned this already, but unless they finally get the shooting mechanics right, Im not really interessted.

Thanks for that, we will miss you terribly.

There were issues, sure, but no f*cking game in the god damn universe matches Fallout or TES for content, I love a game that I can play so much to the point that by the time I am near done with it, the next installment will be out, and that is a long time.

I really hope they do what they are saying, not even announce or show anything until it is really almost done. Because I don't want the whole watch dogs thing where it gets overhyped before they even confirmed the game is decent enough.

I mean all they really need to do is just modify skyrim to be honest, that sh*t was near perfect. As long as it feels pretty much the same, keep everything like it exists in skyrim, in terms of the way everything functions, it should be great.

It would be cool for co-op, but I really just want them to focus 100% on making something jaw droppingly good. And you know all those terrible loading times, and save issues should be resolved if it is on next gen or PC.

Getting skyrim to 3GB aprox on 360 was a god damn amazing feat. I hope they can do something similar again, I have no clue how they did that. Dat compression son.

Mostly I just want a vast amount of time spent developing this game, making it as good as 3 was when it came out. A f*cking masterpiece.

I don't doubt their ability as they truely care about their fanbase and their games.

And if they ruin something somehow, I will just have to upgrade my PC and get mods. You can't really go wrong here. I just want them to let it be all it can be, same goes for SW Battlefront. It is important that they not f*ck it up.

So I am happy to have no news about it, I want it to be a surprising sh*t your pants moment when they give us a release date and a trailer. That's all I need, but only when it is ready.

• Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

The Past Inside The Present

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:01 AM

Fallout 4 will be the first Fallout game I'm anticipating or RPG for that matter bar Skyrim, maybe. So I agree with you Daz, if they over-hype this game and release screenshots of everything, I'll be disappointed because I'm a little short on will power. The charm for me playing some of the greatest games I've played is not knowing anything about them before I play them, just like Fallout 3 and Skyrim (mostly). Some concept art will be nice. I'd be happy with just that. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users