Photo

Fallout 4 Discussion

636 replies to this topic
ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:49 PM

The fallout 4 website is now owned by Zenimax: http://www.networkso...ch/Fallout4.com

According to a recent posting on Reddit, a user under the name of, well, what do you know, “Fallout4boston” is stating that the next game in the Fallout series will take place in Boston, Massachusetts. Bethesda has apparently been scoping and mapping out the Boston area and have strong ties with MIT.  The user states that he or she may or may not be an MIT employee and that they can’t say anything more than what’s already been said in fear of possibly losing their job. It all sounds a bit sketchy, but Fallout 3 did take place in the Washington D.C area on the East Coast, and Fallout: New Vegas took place near the West Coast, so this rumor doesn’t sound too far fetched. Time will tell if this is all true; we’ll be sure to keep you updated on this rumor if anything else comes in.

The Commonwealth is what is left of the pre-War American state of Massachusetts in New England.[1] While traditionally called a commonwealth in itself, before the Great War, Massachusetts was also part of the New England Commonwealth of the United States in the alternate history of the Fallout universe. Most of it is a war-ravaged quagmire of violence and despair like much of the rest of the former United States, but it is also where the mysterious Institute is located.

UPDATE: We’ve dug around the internet and also found that the Fallout 4 domain is owned by Zenimax (of which Bethesda is a subsidary) and was last updated on May 7th of this year.

Yey. http://www.onlysp.co...lace-in-boston/

Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:10 AM

Meh. Rumours.

I'm expecting the next Fallout to launch for next gen consoles, probably around 2014/15.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE (Firefly8000 @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 00:10)
Meh. Rumours.

I'm expecting the next Fallout to launch for next gen consoles, probably around 2014/15.

Most likely if there already prepping this stuff, the game will be announced at the spike video game awards this year. Similar to how Skyrim was originally announced. Fallout 4 will be announced then and released summer 2013.
  • David. likes this

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:53 AM

Bugthesda = No Buy.
I won't support those lazy c*nts, f*ck them.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:01 AM

If they get a better developer then fine. But bethesda and obsidian suck.

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:09 AM

Is this the very first time that a fallout game has been rumored?

Tyler
  • Tyler

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

• Unknown
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:15 AM

You know, I really wanted to visit The Commonwealth when I heard about it from that android in F3, but after 5 years my interest has waned for that particular location. Then again, I can't really think of anywhere else that it could be set; Since Bethesda does all they can to make sure previous games and their decisions aren't actually canonized, most of the west coast is off-limits after New Vegas' choices. Same goes for D.C. and everything below the Potomac (and Pennsylvania, but who cares about those guys?).

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:20 AM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Saturday, Aug 18 2012, 19:01)
But bethesda and obsidian suck.

Only one of those is true.

I would only buy this game if it was made by Obsidian. Fallout in Boston made by Bethesda... nope sorry.

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE (The Killa @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 11:20)

I would only buy this game if it was made by Obsidian. Fallout in Boston made by Bethesda... nope sorry.

Why not play the game first? and you know its going to be "mindblowing" right? colgate.gif

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE (Dragonjack @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 01:24)
and you know its going to be "mindblowing" right? colgate.gif

If it actually worked that is..

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:31 AM

This is most likely true. Remember in fallout 3 one of the major characters, dr. lee left to the commonwealth after james dies and the game ends.

Most likely, she will be there. This will be one of the first times a character was in a fallout game more then once. Other then Marcus the mutant and a few others.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

This Monkeys Gone To Heaven

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:49 AM Edited by gtamann123, 19 August 2012 - 01:55 AM.

Interesting. I would have liked to see Chicago, New York or LA but Boston sounds good. I really hope for a more varied quest system. Fallout is great but i preffered Skyrim because I liked the questing better. I hope to see Misc objectives this time around. And I would also like to see more crafting options. Maybe if you find a weapon manual you can make a gun if you find enough materials and parts? Or make some armor or other items. It would really add to the wasteland feel of the game and make it a lot more in depth. I also would like to be able to repair weapons with raw materials and parts found around the world (Duct tape, Steel, Iron etc.)

P.S: I don't understand where all the hate on Bethesda. Skyrim was a great game and made by Bethesda. I have over 70 hours of play and don't remember any big glitches. Fallout 3 was good but i liked New Vegas was better mainly because of the setting I liked the Mojave wasteland better because it was brighter and less gloomy than D.C. I know a lot of people liked the gloominess but i found it hard to play for some reason because the atmosphere was so depressing. What im trying to say is that Bethesda did a great job with Fallout 3 and the reason i preferred New Vegas was because of something that isn't at fault of the game designer.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:55 AM

QUOTE (gtamann123 @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 01:49)
Interesting. I would have liked to see Chicago, New York or LA but Boston sounds good. I really hope for a more varied quest system. Fallout is great but i preffered Skyrim because I liked the questing better. I hope to see Misc objectives this time around.

P.S: I don't understand where all the hate on Bethesda. Skyrim was a great game and made by Bethesda. I have over 70 hours of play and don't remember any big glitches. Fallout 3 was good but i liked New Vegas was better mainly because of the setting I liked the Mojave wasteland better because it was brighter and less gloomy than D.C. I know a lot of people liked the gloominess but i found it hard to play for some reason because the atmosphere was so depressing. What im trying to say is that Bethesda did a great job with Fallout 3 and the reason i preferred New Vegas was because of something that isn't at fault of the game designer.

Everyone who bought Skyrim, Fallout 3 or Fallout NV on PS3 got ripped off. All 3 are plagued with issues beyond repair. Constant freezing, slowdowns and crashes.

baptiste
  • baptiste

Docking request accepted

• Zaibatsu

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:17 AM

lol

Bugthesda = No Buy.

There arnt bug because they are "lazy c*nts". There are bugs because they are dealing with an incredibly complicated engine making open ended games that require hundreds of thousands of line of code. They probably litterally have hundreds of dedicated testers that play the game every day trying to make the game as stable as possible. Unfortunatly when you are dealing with open ended sandbox games this complex its actually imppossible to erase every bug with the close to infinite number of particular interactions and situations in the game. Add on top of that platform specific bugs and crashes/bugs related to particular hardware you get an idea of how incredibly complicated it is to debug a game of that magnitude. Stop being an ignorant f*cking moron and think for a few seconds before spouting that sh*t.

If they get a better developer then fine. But bethesda and obsidian suck.

Really? I would love to hear why they are bad devs.

No need to be a cock about it, you can dislike what they do but calling bethesda a bad dev is f*cking ignorant.

Everyone who bought Skyrim, Fallout 3 or Fallout NV on PS3 got ripped off. All 3 are plagued with issues beyond repair. Constant freezing, slowdowns and crashes.

Thats because of the PS3, complain to SONY, bethesda deserves no hate for the sh*tty infrastructure sony put in their machine.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:29 AM

Well thank god it's not New York.

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE (baptiste @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 03:17)
Thats because of the PS3, complain to SONY, bethesda deserves no hate for the sh*tty infrastructure sony put in their machine.

Also the tiny amounts of RAM. I mean sh*t, it's a wonder PS3s run open-world games at all.

I also agree with every other point. I can see why the PS3 players hate on Beth/Obsidian, but as a PC gamer I love them both.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:50 AM

I would of liked it in NY city instead.

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Zaibatsu

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE (The Killa @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 03:20)

Fallout in New York made by Obsidian.

AWW YEAH!

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:37 AM Edited by Gtaghost22, 19 August 2012 - 03:49 AM.

QUOTE (d0mm2k8 @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 02:50)

Also the tiny amounts of RAM. I mean sh*t, it's a wonder PS3s run open-world games at all.

Oh, Really?

Because i never had big framerate drops in:

-GTA IV: Complete Edition
-Red Dead Redemption
-LA. Noire
-Saints Row 2
-Far Cry 2
-inFAMOUS
-inFAMOUS 2
-Assassin's Creed II
-Assassin's Creed:Brotherhood
-Assassin's Creed:Revelations
-Midnight Club: Los Angeles
-Dark Souls
-Just Cause 2
-Dead Island

Do you know why?
Because none of those open-world games are developed by Bugthesda, sure there were little framerate drops sometimes but it never got to the point where it became f*cking UNPLAYABLE like Skyrim/Fallout:NV/Fallout 3.

Now please do all of us a favor and get out of here with your fanboy-ish crap. Kthxbai

Edit: Grammar

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:01 AM

You know what? Why don't we go to Asia? We've spent every single game in the US so far and there's really not much more they can go with that route. It would be really original and interesting to see how the communists dealt with being bombed, it would create a good juxtaposition against the previous titles and be really unique.

Yes, I get that Fallout has always been a parody of American 50s culture but I think by having it in China, you learn about the other side of the battle. Furthermore, imagine the landscapes we'd see, the mix between wasteland and jungle would be awesome.

Gtaghost: Bethesda games are far, far larger than 90% of those games. Remember that they're RPGs and most of what you listed are action sandbox.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:07 AM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 03:37)
QUOTE (d0mm2k8 @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 02:50)

Oh, Really?

Because i never had big framerate drops in:

-Red Dead Redemption
-LA. Noire
-Saints Row 2
-Far Cry 2
-inFAMOUS
-inFAMOUS 2
-Assassin's Creed II
-Midnight Club: Los Angeles
-Dark Souls
-Just Cause 2
-Dead Island

Do you know why?
Because none of those open-world games are developed by Bugthesda, sure there were little framerate drops sometimes but it never got to the point where it became f*cking UNPLAYABLE like Skyrim/Fallout:NV/Fallout 3.

Now please do all of us a favor and get out of here with your fanboy-ish crap. Kthxbai

Edit: Grammar

Exactly. For me, Fallout 3, Fallout NV, Skyrim all have that issue. OH LOOK, all made by bethesda, and all using he gamebryo engine.

I cant tell you how many times i raged when the game dipped to literally 2 frames per second. Its only these games. Ive got 21 other PS3 games, and NONE of them do that at all.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Absolute Dunkel:Heit

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D]
    Contribution Award [General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:34 AM Edited by sivispacem, 19 August 2012 - 09:38 AM.

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 01:53)
Bugthesda = No Buy.

Can I just point out that it's really only PS3 users who complain about the bugs, slowdowns and technical issues with the Gamebryo Fallout series? Those of us running it on PC or even 360 don't experience anywhere near as many issues with the game- now I've got no idea how much of these issues is to do with the limited hardware capabilities of PS3, the way their individual processor cores assign code, the development and porting of the game or random chance, but frankly I couldn't care less about a handful of PS3 users and their gripes- PS3 was always projected to be the smallest market for F3 and NV and therefore deserving of the least attention. Frankly, as an outside observer, to me it looks like Bethesda just don't care about the PS3 market and that bothers me not one jot. If it bothers you, then don't buy their products- don't just whine about how they are lazy and useless because they don't give a crap about your console and would rather pander to their historic PC market instead. Remember, PC users have been lumped with poorly engineered ports of a whole range of games, so it isn't just Bethesda who are lazy when it comes to working on different platforms.

Anyway, it wasn't just the Fallout series that have been sh*t on PS3. There are numerous series released on both PC and 360 as well that work perfectly fine on those systems yet blow hard on the PS3. The comments about hardware are pretty accurate too- I'm sorry to say it but Gamebryo is very RAM-hungry, no ifs ands or buts about it.

Also, it might be worth pointing out that out of your list of "open world" games, only about 5 are truly open-world and only perhaps 2 or 3 anything close to the scale of F3/NV, but that's by the by.

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 04:37)

How about you stop whining, pull your thumb out of your arse and go elsewhere then? No-one on this thread wants to hear you mope and moan about how Bethesda doesn't give a sh*t about your platform.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 09:34)
QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 01:53)
Bugthesda = No Buy.

If it bothers you, then don't buy their products

I already said i won't.
Can I just point out that it's really only PS3 users who complain about the bugs, slowdowns and technical issues with the Gamebryo Fallout series?

Yeah, because we are supposed to shut our mouth and never complain, right? Sorry, ain't going to happen.
your platform.

I bought a PS3 only two years ago, i had a 360 for 4 years before it got RROD.
PS3 was always projected to be the smallest market for F3 and NV and therefore deserving of the least attention.

Why did they even bother developing it for the PS3 then?
Also, it might be worth pointing out that out of your list of "open world" games, only about 5 are truly open-world and only perhaps 2 or 3 anything close to the scale of F3/NV, but that's by the by.

i can easily count more than 5 true open-world games that worked fine on my PS3:

-Red Dead Redemption
-inFAMOUS
-inFAMOUS
-Assassin's Creed
-Assassin's Creed II
-Dragon's Dogma
-Just Cause 2
-Far Cry 2
How about you stop whining, pull your thumb out of your arse and go elsewhere then? No-one on this thread wants to hear you mope and moan about how Bethesda doesn't give a sh*t about your platform.

I only posted once in this thread, and then everyone started replying to me, i wasn't moaning or anything i was just stating my f*cking opinion.

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:39 AM

Good news if true. The area of the Commonwealth has a strong relation with American history and a big diversity of landscapes around its metropolitan area.

The rumor is reasonable and credible imo. I hope see to Fallout 4 announced at e3 next year for a launch in 2014.
Clearly for the next gen.

chris
  • chris

Everton FC

• The Connection

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 01:55)
QUOTE (gtamann123 @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 01:49)
Interesting. I would have liked to see Chicago, New York or LA but Boston sounds good. I really hope for a more varied quest system. Fallout is great but i preffered Skyrim because I liked the questing better. I hope to see Misc objectives this time around.

I wonder why the ps3 versions of those games were so bad mate? I've played all 3 and aside from the rare freezes and the odd quest glitch i've had no problems on 360 dontgetit.gif

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Absolute Dunkel:Heit

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D]
    Contribution Award [General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:18 PM Edited by sivispacem, 19 August 2012 - 12:21 PM.

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 11:08)
Can I just point out that it's really only PS3 users who complain about the bugs, slowdowns and technical issues with the Gamebryo Fallout series?

Yeah, because we are supposed to shut our mouth and never complain, right? Sorry, ain't going to happen.

Complain all you want, but it's not as if this kind of thing is unheard of. Case in point- the quality of many other ports that find their way onto PC. It's not as if it's rare for a games designer to do a crap job of porting a good product onto a different system at all- just look at the Saints Row series as perfect examples. You're just throwing your toys out of the pram because it happens to be on your chosen console. It's also worth pointing out that whilst there's a trend towards PS3 users having more issues with Gamebryo engined games than those of us on PC and 360, it's not exactly definitive; plenty of people have little to no issues with the game aside from the occasional bugs that you always (and yes, I really do mean always) see in RPG type games. There are 7 pages of issues listed on Bethesda's Fallout 3 PS3 site, compared with 6 pages for 360- that's not a huge difference by any stretch of the imagination. Especially as there are sixty-nine pages of PC issues, and we're widely considered to have got the best end of the deal.

PS3 was always projected to be the smallest market for F3 and NV and therefore deserving of the least attention.

Because if they hadn't PS3 owners would have been up in arms about not getting the game. As it is, you are still one of a very small minority of owners who is so absolutely indigent about the quality of the game you received. To me, that suggests the issue is more with you than it is with the game itself.

I only posted once in this thread, and then everyone started replying to me, i wasn't moaning or anything i was just stating my f*cking opinion.

You posted, and I quote:

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 04:37)

Aside from the juvenile nature of the comment, you're insinuating that everyone who disagrees with you is automatically some kind of deluded fanboy. I'm sorry, but it's attitudes like this which set of responses like mine. If you hadn't included this- with hindsight quite obvious- attempt at trolling then I probably would have ignored your post, but the fact you accuse everyone else of fanboyism just because you personally didn't get on with a game makes you look like an utter pillock and I felt it would be uncouth of me not to point that out.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:38 PM

If that informations are really true then I am really sceptical (I don't wanna see another half-assed FO from Bethesda) and I definitely won't be getting this in day one.

What are they gonna give us this time? More Enclave, Brotherhood, and Super Mutants with addition of so called androids from The Institute. No thanks, I think I'll pass.

Tyler
  • Tyler

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

• Unknown
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:40 PM

The Institute is one of the most scientifically active places on Earth after the war. How does that not sound interesting?

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:52 PM Edited by Gtaghost22, 19 August 2012 - 01:04 PM.

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 12:18)

Because if they hadn't PS3 owners would have been up in arms about not getting the game.

That's not true, The Witcher 2 wasn't released for PS3 and i didn't see anyone complain, they could've easily made it a X360/PC exclusive and nobody will complain.

Do you know why i respect developers like CD Projekt?
Because they came out and said "The Witcher 2 won't be released for PS3 because we don't have enough money to make two ports" so they choosed the 360.

Bethesda keeps promising PS3 users every year that both console versions will be identical and how they got better at developing for PS3 and some bullsh*t PR statements, when infact they are getting worse, Oblivion is the only game they made that actually ran better on PS3, do you know why? because it got released a year later after the 360 version, what does this prove? It proves they can easily make a good PS3 version if they took thier time or dedicated a big team for that version, but like you said they don't even care about the PS3 fanbase which is just f*cking rude if you asked me, who cares if Skyrim sold 6 millon copies on Xbox 360 and only 4.5 on the PS3? 4.5 million gamer is still alot, you can't just ditch them like that.

Aside from the juvenile nature of the comment, you're insinuating that everyone who disagrees with you is automatically some kind of deluded fanboy

I don't attack anybody that disagrees with me, i always get attacked first for stating my opinion then i start defending myself.

That guy WAS being a fanboy, saying that he is surprised that open-world games are even running on PS3 isn't fanboyish? He doesn't even have the f*cking system so how could he know? i already listed 10 sandbox games that work like wonders on my PS3, why can't bethesda games (Oblivion aside) be the same?

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE (Tyler @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 07:40)
The Institute is one of the most scientifically active places on Earth after the war. How does that not sound interesting?

It doesn't sound interesting to me because I don't think Bethesda's writers can harness the potential there. I was severely disappointed with Fallout 3's "story," and I expect 4's won't be any better. And it's not just because I prefer Obsidian's writing - it's because I think Bethesda are bad at writing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users