Missing missions?

11 replies to this topic
nrdani
  • nrdani

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:25 PM

I bought vice city in Germany and i realized that some of the missions are missing for example:

The last haitian mission where we have to snipe cubans and another one when Big Mitch Baker asks us to make chaos. ( and also no heatshots and no blood)

When i set the game to another language blood shows but i haven't tried missions. Is this a german speciality? sneaky2.gif

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

You're talking about the Dirty Lickin's mission where you snipe the cubans. It's not that the missions might be missing, but maybe you haven't unlocked them yet? There's a difficult mission that needs to be passed, which is Demolition Man. You need to pass that in order to unlock the Two Bit Hit which afterward unlocks the Umberto Robina missions, and the first mission of that one, Stunt Boat Challenge unlocks Auntie Poulet's missions, where Dirty Lickin's is one of those missions. In order to unlock Big Mitch Baker's mission, Messing with the Man, the one that requires you to damage as much as you can, you have to finish both sets of missions from Umberto Robina & Auntie Poulet. You can find here the Mission Tree of Vice City (WARNING: It might be a spoiler in case you haven't passed the game yet).

Anyway, could you send me your save file so I could take a look at it? Upload it here and give me the link you get.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:22 PM Edited by Andreaz1, 20 August 2012 - 01:26 PM.

Yes it is. Games in Germany can apparently be quite heavily censored. Take a look here. Have the rampages been removed too?

nrdani
  • nrdani

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:30 PM

Yes, all the rampages removed, no blood, no money dropped, i've done the demolition man, did the first haitian mission, the rc baron haitian mission, and noticed that there were no sniping mission. And there is no rampages done listed in statistics. So i read that censor site and can i make blood, money and everything back to normal like others' game?

Thanks for the help thogh.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:47 PM

Just choose a language other than German when you have to pick language (during the installation I think) and you would get the normal game.

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:18 AM

Thanks for the info, I will not be buying the german version of GTA V or any GTA game ever

nrdani
  • nrdani

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:50 PM

I changed to english, but still nothing changed, maybe because the default language is german, and somehow blood and others are coded to the exe.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:00 PM

I don't think it is enough to change the language-- uninstall the game, change your location to a non censored location on your PC, then install the game-- that should fix it (or so I've read).

nrdani
  • nrdani

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:00 AM Edited by nrdani, 26 August 2012 - 12:03 AM.

I've changed my location to Austria, and now blood is shown, killed ppl drops money, and there are rampages, and all missions are playable. Thanks for all tips. icon14.gif

And in GTA III I didn't have grenades, but with this location change, i can throw grenades now colgate.gif

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (nrdani @ Sunday, Aug 26 2012, 02:00)
I've changed my location to Austria, and now blood is shown, killed ppl drops money, and there are rampages, and all missions are playable. Thanks for all tips.  icon14.gif

And in GTA III I didn't have grenades, but with this location change, i can throw grenades now  colgate.gif

Actually, it's a perfectly legit reason to obtain a *no-CD* in US version. All the other EXEs (you can even try to obtain regular US/EU EXEs) are free from these checks.

24h isn't a bump yet, I hope?

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:58 AM

We'll let it slide this time--- tounge.gif

Don't sweat bumps too much unless you are bumping an old topic to say "nothing" (ie... saying "good job", or "I didn't know that" to a pretty old topic.)

For "problem" posts--- you can bump one if you have a legitimate fix for a problem that wasn't solved but you should probably start it with: "I'm not sure if this fix is known or not but...."

yoshiandluigi3
  • yoshiandluigi3

modder.

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:20 PM

Germany is quite harsh with their ratings for some reason, and, as grand theft auto is a controversial game especially in germany, they have to cut/edit a lot of things, including missions. That's probably why it isn't there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users