» «
Photo

Top 10 Football Players In The World?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
139 replies to this topic
Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:44 AM Edited by Gtaghost22, 30 August 2012 - 02:54 AM.

1. Ronaldo
2. Messi

2. Messi
1. CR7

Really........?

I'm kinda surprised, but when i thought about it, i just couldn't find any current EPL players that are worthy of being top 10 best in the world (maybe 15-20, but not 10 imo)

1. Lionel Messi (he is from another planet)

2. C.Ronaldo
3. Andreas Iniesta
4. Xavi/Pirlo (impossible..)
5. Frank Ribery
6. Arjen Robben
7. David Villa
8. Thiago Silva
9. Casillas/Buffon (Also impossible..)
10. Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Bonus:
Top 3 Overrated Players:
1. Gerrard Pique
2. Neymar De Sliva
3. Alexander Pato
----
Now before anyone brings the "he haven't played in EPL yet" crap in regards to Messi, i just wanted to say that is a load of bollocks, he raped both Man United and Arsenal's Defences before, nothing can stop that guy when he is at his best, nothing.
Buffon > Casillas.

2003-2007? Yes. By quite a far actually.
2008-Present? No. Casillas is slightly better now.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:22 AM

@Attorney General
I don't think it's fair to say that La Liga isn't as competitive as other leagues simply because it's only a title contest between Madrid and Barca. We often harp on about how the Premier League is so competitive but in reality, only 2 or 3 teams have a shot at winning it. If you look away from Barca and Madrid in La Liga then you have a large number of competitive teams all vying for high league positions. Valencia, Atheltico Madrid, Athletic Bilbao (albeit they are having a torrid time right now), Espanyol, Getafe and Sevilla are just a small number of teams who on a regular basis, compete for a European Spot.
Finally, you mentioned Villereal but they are now in the Segunda league.

Domeux
  • Domeux

King of the Craic

• Members

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 02:44)
Now before anyone brings the "he haven't played in EPL yet" crap in regards to Messi, i just wanted to say that is a load of bollocks, he raped both Man United and Arsenal's Defences before, nothing can stop that guy when he is at his best, nothing.

I am a firm believer in the Prem Proven theory, but yeah, there are a few exceptions and Messi tops that list.

Attorney General
  • Attorney General

psychonaut

• None

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:29 AM

QUOTE (OchyGTA @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 05:22)
@Attorney General
I don't think it's fair to say that La Liga isn't as competitive as other leagues simply because it's only a title contest between Madrid and Barca. We often harp on about how the Premier League is so competitive but in reality, only 2 or 3 teams have a shot at winning it. If you look away from Barca and Madrid in La Liga then you have a large number of competitive teams all vying for high league positions. Valencia, Atheltico Madrid, Athletic Bilbao (albeit they are having a torrid time right now), Espanyol, Getafe and Sevilla are just a small number of teams who on a regular basis, compete for a European Spot.
Finally, you mentioned Villereal but they are now in the Segunda league.

Ah, yeah. I meant Valencia instead of Villareal...I always seem to get those two confused.

Admittedly, I don't watch a ton of La Liga even though El Classico's are probably my favorite games to watch as far as club teams go. But I suppose you have a point in Getafe since they played Madrid so well last week. And I think we both forgot Malaga who's definitely on the rise. I also went a little by who the more prominent teams have been in each league since I started watching soccer in 2006. But I just looked at last years' standings and saw Fiorentina was much lower than I had initially thought. But yeah, I just kinda thought how I'd rank the top few teams from each league if I grouped them together and I came up with something like this in my head...

Madrid
Barca
Juventus
Milan
Inter
Udinese
Napoli
Valencia (even though I spelled it Villareal, haha blush.gif )
Roma

But obviously it's all pretty subjective. You can try to gauge it with how each league finishes in the CL, but even then you're dealing with upsets. It all comes down to your point of view and I'm certainly not as seasoned as most of you guys...that's just my opinion.

JuventusFC
  • JuventusFC

Vincere non č importante, ma č l'unica cosa che conta

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 02:44)
1. Ronaldo
2. Messi

2. Messi
1. CR7

Really........?

I'm kinda surprised, but when i thought about it, i just couldn't find any current EPL players that are worthy of being top 10 best in the world (maybe 15-20, but not 10 imo)

1. Lionel Messi (he is from another planet)

2. C.Ronaldo
3. Andreas Iniesta
4. Xavi/Pirlo (impossible..)
5. Frank Ribery
6. Arjen Robben
7. David Villa
8. Thiago Silva
9. Casillas/Buffon (Also impossible..)
10. Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Bonus:
Top 3 Overrated Players:
1. Gerrard Pique
2. Neymar De Sliva
3. Alexander Pato
----
Buffon > Casillas.

2003-2007? Yes. By quite a far actually.
2008-Present? No. Casillas is slightly better now.

David Silva? Tevez? Van Persie?

Silva is a great player. 5th after Messi & CR7 and Iniesta & Pirlo

Pirlo>Xavi. No contest, really.

No way Ribery and Robben at 5&6, Robben is made of glass. Ribery is not top 10 either imo, maybe top 15. Great league player but doesn't do that much in Champions League.

Villa? You have to be kidding me..he hasn't played for what, like half a year-year?

Buffon>Casillas

In any case Zlatan>Villa so Zlatan should be higher.

QUOTE (Attorney General @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 01:04)
10. Yaya Toure
9. Schweinsteiger
8. Thiago Silva
7. Buffon
6. Ibrahimovic
5. Falcao
4. Iniesta
3. Pirlo
2. Messi
1. Ronaldo

I had a hard time leaving  Pepe out cause he is just an absolute force on his back line. Same for Tevez, Robben and Ozil. And although they look great so far, I haven't seen enough of Hazard and Kagawa to include them just yet.

As far as some of the other discussion that have been going on...I actually agree with a lot of what Juventus is saying, but enough with the triple posting and personal attacks...all of you. We can have a f*cking borderline civilized conversation, can't we?  lol.gif Anyway, here's my two cents...

First and foremost, anyone saying that Xavi is better than Pirlo...I don't want to say you don't know football, cause that wouldn't be true. But I think you haven't been paying enough attention. Like Zilcho said, Pirlo does far more with far less talent around him than Xavi. I think you could make a strong case that Iniesta is as good or better than Pirlo, but certainly not Xavi....not anymore.

About the defenders, Pique is maybe a little overrated in my opinion, but I still think he's a pretty decent defender. Pepe, Silva, Chiellini, Vidic and Kompany are all elite, but I think Silva and Pepe are the best of the best. I honestly think Barzlagi is having a stretch of good form and isn;t in that class, but who the hell knows? Dude is playing out of his mind right now, so yeah...

Serie A is arguably a far more competitive league than La Liga. Madrid and Barca rule the roost in Spain. Everyone knows this. Villareal and Athletico are solid, but I'd have a hard time calling any other teams in La Liga that. Serie A, on the other hand, has the big three in Juventus, Milan and Inter...but also a pretty decent array of good teams in Roma, Napoli, Fiorentina, Parma, Udinese and Genoa. Overall, Italy has a much better second tier than Spain I'd say.

Agree with pretty much everything icon14.gif Though I still think Pique is very overrated defensively. Also, about Barzagli, I think he's just at that age for Italian defenders where everything has clicked and he'll be top class for a couple more years.

Not sure about Schewni @ 9 though.

JuventusFC
  • JuventusFC

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (Attorney General @ Friday, Aug 31 2012, 06:29)
Ah, yeah. I meant Valencia instead of Villareal...I always seem to get those two confused.

Admittedly, I don't watch a ton of La Liga even though El Classico's are probably my favorite games to watch as far as club teams go. But I suppose you have a point in Getafe since they played Madrid so well last week. And I think we both forgot Malaga who's definitely on the rise. I also went a little by who the more prominent teams have been in each league since I started watching soccer in 2006. But I just looked at last years' standings and saw Fiorentina was much lower than I had initially thought. But yeah, I just kinda thought how I'd rank the top few teams from each league if I grouped them together and I came up with something like this in my head...

Madrid
Barca
Juventus
Milan
Inter
Udinese
Napoli
Valencia (even though I spelled it Villareal, haha blush.gif )
Roma

But obviously it's all pretty subjective. You can try to gauge it with how each league finishes in the CL, but even then you're dealing with upsets. It all comes down to your point of view and I'm certainly not as seasoned as most of you guys...that's just my opinion.

Apart from Barca & Madrid, Serie A is a much better league, without those two Serie A would make an absolute mess of La Liga. Valencia and Atletico couldn't hold a candle to Juve and other top Serie A teams.

Madrid
Barca
Juventus
Napoli
Inter
Milan (half their team has gone...Ibra, Silva, Cassano, Seedorf, Nesta, Inzaghi, Van Bommel, Gattuso etc)
Valencia
Udinese
Atletico

stu
  • stu

I drink it up

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • European-Union

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

Go on then I'll give my top 10 players.

1. Messi
2. Ronaldo
3. Iniesta
4. Xavi
5. Falcao
6. Ibrahimovic
7. Özil
8. van Persie
9. Rooney
10. Hazard

Domeux
  • Domeux

King of the Craic

• Members

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (GTA_stu @ Saturday, Sep 1 2012, 17:31)
Go on then I'll give my top 10 players.

1. Messi
2. Ronaldo
3. Iniesta
4. Xavi
5. Falcao
6. Ibrahimovic
7. Özil
8. van Persie
9. Rooney
10. Hazard

Where's Gareth Barry?

stu
  • stu

I drink it up

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • European-Union

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:47 PM

Sorry I thought we were ranking them by skill, not weight. tounge.gif

Domeux
  • Domeux

King of the Craic

• Members

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (GTA_stu @ Saturday, Sep 1 2012, 17:47)
Sorry I thought we were ranking them by skill, not weight. tounge.gif

lol.gif lmao

Attorney General
  • Attorney General

psychonaut

• None

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (JuventusFC @ Saturday, Sep 1 2012, 12:23)

Heh, yeah. I have this thing about really aggressive box-to-box midfielders hence why I slotted Yaya so high. I just love watching those blue collar, workhorse type players. Essien, De Rossi, Gerrard, Lampard, even Gattuso, Viera and Makalele back in the day...all friggin' awesome.

Forgot about Van Persie and Falcao too. Good calls.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE (JuventusFC @ Saturday, Sep 1 2012, 16:23)

Also, about Barzagli, I think he's just at that age for Italian defenders where everything has clicked and he'll be top class for a couple more years.

Van Persie only had 1 or 2 good seasons, top 20 at beast imo.
Tevez is a very good player but not top 10, as for Silva, i would personally rank him at 11.

Nobody is better than Xavi at short passes, nobody.
You can argue that Pirlo have less talent around him and such, but believe me, i have seen both play against each other alot, and Xavi is a little bit better (not because of his teammates).

No way Ribery and Robben at 5&6, Robben is made of glass. Ribery is not top 10 either imo, maybe top 15. Great league player but doesn't do that much in Champions League.

I don't really care if he is made of glass or not, when he plays he is one of the best players in the world, i can't just rule him out for being slightly injury prone, Ribery is a great player overall not just in the league, believe me, if he played in Barca or Real he will easily overshadow everyone in the team (except Messi/Ronaldo obviously).
Maybe i ranked him too high, but he is still top 10 imo (9th at least).
Villa? You have to be kidding me..he hasn't played for what, like half a year-year?

Again, i don't care if he didn't play for half a year, when he actually plays he is one of the best strikers you could have in your team.
Buffon>Casillas

No offence mate, but you're being slightly blinded by the love you have for Juventus (don't be offended please) i don't even like Casillas (i hate Madrid) but currently, he is the best goalkeeper in the world.

Zlatan didn't shine for any team he played for eve since he left Inter, should've stayed there, Villa was way way better in the last 2 seasons (excluding the 6 months he was injured)
Though I still think Pique is very overrated defensively.

I agree, he is #1 on my list for most overrated players of all-time. (Yes, you heared that right, all-time)

JuventusFC
  • JuventusFC

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:44 AM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Sunday, Sep 2 2012, 00:18)
QUOTE (JuventusFC @ Saturday, Sep 1 2012, 16:23)

Also, about Barzagli, I think he's just at that age for Italian defenders where everything has clicked and he'll be top class for a couple more years.

Van Persie only had 1 or 2 good seasons, top 20 at beast imo.
Tevez is a very good player but not top 10, as for Silva, i would personally rank him at 11.

Nobody is better than Xavi at short passes, nobody.
You can argue that Pirlo have less talent around him and such, but believe me, i have seen both play against each other alot, and Xavi is a little bit better (not because of his teammates).

I don't really care if he is made of glass or not, when he plays he is one of the best players in the world, i can't just rule him out for being slightly injury prone, Ribery is a great player overall not just in the league, believe me, if he played in Barca or Real he will easily overshadow everyone in the team (except Messi/Ronaldo obviously).
Maybe i ranked him too high, but he is still top 10 imo (9th at least).

Again, i don't care if he didn't play for half a year, when he actually plays he is one of the best strikers you could have in your team.
Buffon>Casillas

No offence mate, but you're being slightly blinded by the love you have for Juventus (don't be offended please) i don't even like Casillas (i hate Madrid) but currently, he is the best goalkeeper in the world.

Zlatan didn't shine for any team he played for eve since he left Inter, should've stayed there, Villa was way way better in the last 2 seasons (excluding the 6 months he was injured)
Though I still think Pique is very overrated defensively.

I agree, he is #1 on my list for most overrated players of all-time. (Yes, you heared that right, all-time)

lol.gif lol.gif you can't be serious. you sound like you have the opinion of a 15 year old barca fan.

Van Persie - You said for Robben 'when he plays he is one of the best players in the world'. So you have just massively contradicted yourself. Van Persie in his current form is easily a top 10 candidate. Tevez could easily be top 10. Silva is a no doubt top 10.

I'm sorry but that doesn't mean he is a better player. Juninho is/was the best free kick taker, doesn't mean he's the best midfielder. I bet you don't even know who he is anyway. If you've seen both of them play against each other it's very clear to see who is better; Pirlo. I suggest you watch the group stage match Euro 2012 Italy vs Spain. Final doesn't really count because Italy was very tired.

All this robben/ribery part sounds like you get your opinions from FIFA 12 ratings now. Robben wasn't nearly as good in EPL and even La Liga and people only really thought he was good in Bundesliga. Granted, he has had some great games in the champions league but he still isn't top 10.

Villa is nowhere near his best form and doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the top 10.

Let's compare apparent best saves

Buffon, CL final, Inzaghi rocket header bottom corner...Buffon wins. And Buffon is clearly the better goalkeeper now, Casillas still looks up to Buffon if that says enough for you.

Um, Milan, last season, best season of his life, 30 goals. Also, Villa scored far more goals in his best seasons there than at Barca so far.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:08 AM

QUOTE (JuventusFC @ Sunday, Sep 2 2012, 03:44)
lol.gif lol.gif you can't be serious. you sound like you have the opinion of a 15 year old barca fan.

I'm 18 actually, and i do like Barca but they are not my favourite team of all-time or anything, i'm a Blackburn fan, and i did call Pique the most overrated player of all-time so how could i be a fanboy, and Casillas is on my list also, why did you ignore that part?
Van Persie - You said for Robben 'when he plays he is one of the best players in the world'. So you have just massively contradicted yourself. Van Persie in his current form is easily a top 10 candidate. Tevez could easily be top 10. Silva is a no doubt top 10.

Zlatan, Villa, and even Tevez/Rooney > Van Persie (best form)
You can't rank him top 10 in the world for having 1 good season, top 15-20 at best imo, Tevez is a beast no doubt, but he isn't better than Villa or Zlatan, i don't have a place for him in my top 10.
I'm sorry but that doesn't mean he is a better player. Juninho is/was the best free kick taker, doesn't mean he's the best midfielder. I bet you don't even know who he is anyway.

I do know Juninho, he used to play for Lyon, i'm not going to pretend i know where he plays right now because i don't know, last time i saw him play was in 2010 with Al-Gharafa in the Asian champions league, they lost to Al-Hilal 3-0 that match. (he didn't play, he was on the bench)
If you've seen both of them play against each other it's very clear to see who is better; Pirlo. I suggest you watch the group stage match Euro 2012 Italy vs Spain. Final doesn't really count because Italy was very tired.

So, the final doesn't count because Italy played like sh*t that day? Nice logic. (don't give a f*ck if they were tired)
Pirlo played only slightly better in the group match, and that's just one match, Xavi preformance in the final match was unbelieveable. and i did say that Xavi is just slightly better, just look at my list for f*ck sake.
All this robben/ribery part sounds like you get your opinions from FIFA 12 ratings now. Robben wasn't nearly as good in EPL and even La Liga and people only really thought he was good in Bundesliga. Granted, he has had some great games in the champions league but he still isn't top 10.

Really? FIFA 12?
First, Ribery isn't that good in the game actually, they rate him high i know, but he isn't that good when you actually play with him.
Second, Robben IS one of the best players in the world when he is at his best, i don't care if he didn't play good with Real or Chelsea, i'm talking about his Bayern form.
2009-2010? Messi > Robben > Sneijder > Everyone.
Villa is nowhere near his best form and doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the top 10.
Um, Milan, last season, best season of his life, 30 goals. Also, Villa scored far more goals in his best seasons there than at Barca so far.

I said David Villa at his best is better than Zlatan, i didn't say he has been always better, Zlatan was better last year, but who cares? Villa is a better player overall imo.
Let's compare apparent best saves
Buffon, CL final, Inzaghi rocket header bottom corner...Buffon wins. And Buffon is clearly the better goalkeeper now, Casillas still looks up to Buffon if that says enough for you.

Look at my list please, i ranked them both at #9. Why? Because Casillas is currently better imo, but Buffon is a better goalkeeper when he is at his best, and for the millionth time, i DON'T like Casillas, i really like Buffon but currently Iker is just.... better.

Edit:
Please note that i really like Italy (i really do), i was almost rooting for them against my own country in thier match against England, they raped us that match.
Buffon is also my favourite goalkeeper of all-time, love that guy but he isn't the best right now imo.

Baseball
  • Baseball

Godzilla flyin on a Pegasaurus

• Members

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:55 AM Edited by Baseball, 02 September 2012 - 06:50 PM.

10. Buffon (he's only 10th because he's a GK)
9. Van Persie
8. Ramires
7. Di Maria
6. Ibrahimovic
5. Messi
4. Xavi
3. Pirlo
2. Iniesta
1. 'El Tigre' Falcao (my all-time favorite)

Domeux
  • Domeux

King of the Craic

• Members

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (Baseball @ Sunday, Sep 2 2012, 07:55)
9. Van Persie
8. Ramires
7. Messi
6. Di Maria
5. Ibrahimovic
4. Xavi
3. Pirlo
2. Iniesta

Cue JunevtusFC to come in and tell you why you're wrong.

Baseball
  • Baseball

• Members

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (Domeux @ Sunday, Sep 2 2012, 11:44)
9. Van Persie
8. Ramires
7. Messi
6. Di Maria
5. Ibrahimovic
4. Xavi
3. Pirlo
2. Iniesta

Haha. I can't be wrong about my own opinion, though.

Domeux
  • Domeux

King of the Craic

• Members

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (Baseball @ Sunday, Sep 2 2012, 11:55)
9. Van Persie
8. Ramires
7. Messi
6. Di Maria
5. Ibrahimovic
4. Xavi
3. Pirlo
2. Iniesta

I can't be wrong about my own opinion

Everyone else has been, so far. lol.gif

JuventusFC
  • JuventusFC

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Sunday, Sep 2 2012, 06:08)
Long post

10. Thiago Silva
9. Buffon
8. Tevez
7. David Silva
6. Falcao
5. Zlatan
=3rd. Pirlo & Iniesta
=1st. Messi & CR7

End of story.

9. Van Persie
8. Ramires
7. Messi
6. Di Maria
5. Ibrahimovic
4. Xavi
3. Pirlo
2. Iniesta

Lol...how can you put Di Maria in the top 10 let alone infront of Messi? That just doesn't make sense. Messi and CR7 have to be top 3-4 at least. I agree Falcao is simply incredible but not sure about best player in the world..Ramires too, he's good but there are plenty of better players.

Cue...3,2,1 Domeux to act as a righteous white knight.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:12 PM Edited by Gtaghost22, 02 September 2012 - 02:18 PM.

QUOTE (JuventusFC @ Sunday, Sep 2 2012, 12:34)
Long post

10. Thiago Silva
9. Buffon
8. Tevez
7. David Silva
6. Falcao
5. Zlatan
=3rd. Pirlo & Iniesta
=1st. Messi & CR7

End of story.

Nice job.
You couldn't me prove me wrong so you put a stupid biased top 10 followed by "End of Story" haha.
Please go to any football forum and show them your list, they will laugh thier f*cking arse off to no end.
No Xavi in the top 10? Tevez infront of Villa, Robben, Van Persie, Rooney and Ribery? Haha, you've got to be f*cking kidding me!

Edit: I see you've attacked pretty much everyone that posted in this topic, learn to respect other people's opinions please, i nearly pissed myself of laughter when i saw Baseball's list (no offence) and how he put Messi at 7, but i didn't reply and flame him.

JuventusFC
  • JuventusFC

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Sunday, Sep 2 2012, 14:12)
Long post

10. Thiago Silva
9. Buffon
8. Tevez
7. David Silva
6. Falcao
5. Zlatan
=3rd. Pirlo & Iniesta
=1st. Messi & CR7

End of story.

Nice job.
You couldn't me prove me wrong so you put a stupid biased top 10 followed by "End of Story" haha.
Please go to any football forum and show them your list, they will laugh thier f*cking arse off to no end.
No Xavi in the top 10? Tevez infront of Villa, Robben, Van Persie, Rooney and Ribery? Haha, you've got to be f*cking kidding me!

You sound just like me. Great work icon14.gif

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Members
  • England

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:42 PM Edited by NateShaw92, 02 September 2012 - 05:48 PM.

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Sunday, Sep 2 2012, 15:12)
Long post

10. Thiago Silva
9. Buffon
8. Tevez
7. David Silva
6. Falcao
5. Zlatan
=3rd. Pirlo & Iniesta
=1st. Messi & CR7

End of story.

Nice job.

Edit: I see you've attacked pretty much everyone that posted in this topic, learn to respect other people's opinions please, i nearly pissed myself of laughter when i saw Baseball's list (no offence) and how he put Messi at 7, but i didn't reply and flame him.

mate calm down, the guy is obviously a troll. stop feeding him wink.gif

@dommy - I honestly have no idea where neymar will end up, so I just picked a random team with a sh*t-tonne of money.

caio3771
  • caio3771

• Members

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:48 PM Edited by caio3771, 02 September 2012 - 05:50 PM.

1. Pelé
2. Maradona
3. Zidane
4. Messi
5. Maldini

I cant remember others now.

I prefer the old players than the players of these days

Baseball
  • Baseball

• Members

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Sunday, Sep 2 2012, 14:12)
i nearly pissed myself of laughter when i saw Baseball's list (no offence) and how he put Messi at 7, but i didn't reply and flame him.

Why does everyone consider Messi such a great player, worthy of a higher number than 7 in a 'best players of the moment' list?
That's just how I see things. If he didn't play with Xavi and Iniesta, he MIGHT not even be on the list. It's kind of a cliche, but face it, it's true. Proof being his results with the Argentinian national squad.
I'm not saying he's not good, he's a great player for Barcelona, but put him anywhere else, and get a little above average.

And about JuventusFC, as Nate said, stop feeding the trolls. smile.gif

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Members
  • England

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:57 PM Edited by NateShaw92, 02 September 2012 - 06:17 PM.

QUOTE (caio3771 @ Sunday, Sep 2 2012, 18:48)
1. Pelé
2. Maradona
3. Zidane
4. Messi
5. Maldini

I cant remember  others now.

the actual question was players of today but fair enough. If I were to make a top 10 of retired players

1 - Maradona
2 - Pele
3 - george Best (best United player ever, thus far)
4 - Zidane
5 - Beckenbauer
6 - Eric Cantona (mostly because he was of my time so i remember him more)
7 - Johan Cryuff
8 - Lothar Matthaus
9 - Denis law
10 - Zico

This was very hard to do towards the end, lot of absolute legends not in top 10. like charlton, muller (gerd) etc etc etc.

@baseball - Because he is, he scores an insane amount of goals as well as contributing more tha just goals to Barcelona and Argentina (less so for the latter) most people will not understand because you put a striker like falcao above him, when messi scored like 73 goals last season, and more than 80 when you include international. So really putting a striker abover messi does not make sense to most people, myself included.
saying that, he scored about 10 goals in 1 year for argentina, I would say that's pretty damn good considering they don't utiise him to his full potential like they do in Barca, so the point about him being average for argentian does not really hold there, sure he is not as good as for barca, but he sure as hell is not average for argentina. Only by his crazy high standards that we see in barca.
For me Messi is the best player in the world by a fair distance, and if he carries on like this will be known the best player ever.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (Baseball @ Sunday, Sep 2 2012, 17:56)
Proof being his results with the Argentinian national squad.

Baseball
  • Baseball

• Members

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (NateShaw92 @ Sunday, Sep 2 2012, 17:57)
@baseball - Because he is, he scores an insane amount of goals as well as contributing more tha just goals to Barcelona and Argentina (less so for the latter) most people will not understand because you put a striker like falcao above him, when messi scored like 73 goals last season, and more than 80 when you include international. So really putting a striker abover messi does not make sense to most people, myself included.
saying that, he scored about 10 goals in 1 year for argentina, I would say that's pretty damn good considering they don't utiise him to his full potential like they do in Barca, so the point about him being average for argentian does not really hold there, sure he is not as good as for barca, but he sure as hell is not average for argentina. Only by his crazy high standards that we see in barca.
For me Messi is the best player in the world by a fair distance, and if he carries on like this will be known the best player ever.

Yes, as I said, he is a great player. But when I made up that list I didn't think of the goals the players on it score, but how all those players work hard and do a great job. Which is why Iniesta is 2nd, cause he puts up a lot of work to make his team better. As do Xavi, Ramires, Pirlo etc.
Maybe I should've put Messi 5th on the list, but I can't give him more than that.
It's just my opinion though, it may be wrong, you can disagree, but it's the way I think on this subject. smile.gif

Ps3blaze22
  • Ps3blaze22

Peon

• Members

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:37 AM

1-Lionel Messi
2-Leo Messi
3-L.Messi
4-Messi
5-Lionel
6-Leo
7-LM10
8-M10
9-Pele
10-Maradona

JuventusFC
  • JuventusFC

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE (Ps3blaze22 @ Tuesday, Sep 4 2012, 01:37)
1-Lionel Messi
2-Leo Messi
3-L.Messi
4-Messi
5-Lionel
6-Leo
7-LM10
8-M10
9-Pele
10-Maradona

suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif

BAGGIO >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MESSI
ZIDANE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MESSI
DEL PIERO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MESSI

GtaVComments
  • GtaVComments

MUFC Champions 2012/13!!!

• Members

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (caio3771 @ Sunday, Sep 2 2012, 18:48)
1. Pelé
2. Maradona
3. Zidane
4. Messi
5. Maldini

I cant remember others now.

OK, but its top 10 & present day. Post yours again if you want, just the proper way this time. icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users