Photo

Can't Complete VIP Mission

8 replies to this topic
Slaapman
  • Slaapman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:13 PM

During the beginning of the mission VIP at kaufman Taxis, nothing happens. The cab just stays there and the VIP title appears and fades away, after that nothing happens. What should I doooo?

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • Romania
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:58 PM

Where have you got the game from? Do you have any mods installed? Try removing that gta_vc.set file located in the Vice City User Files folder.

Slaapman
  • Slaapman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:42 AM

I bought it from steam

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • Romania
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:03 PM

Do you have any mods installed? Where have you got the game from? Try removing the gta_vc.set file located in the Vice City User Files folder. Besides, try uploading your save game here, and if you'd like, I could pass the mission for you.

QUOTE (Slaapman @ Aug 15 2012, 07:42)
I bought it from steam

Can you tell me about the other options? Do you have any mods installed? Have you tried removing the gta_vc.set file located in the Vice City User Files folder?

Slaapman
  • Slaapman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:56 PM Edited by Slaapman, 16 August 2012 - 07:09 PM.

no there are no mods installed in it. I used a preset save file that works with steam in order to get all the side missions done for weapons unlocking. With that save file ive done countless story missions only that I cant get past VIP because Im stuck in that unskippable cutscene where nothing happens. In that cutscene a dialogue between the taxi radio and Tommy is supposed to be played, but none of that comes in action on my game... I removed gta_vc.set but that only puts everything back to default and wont have effect on my mission. How do I upload the save game?

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

MIssing in Action

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:31 PM Edited by Spuds725, 16 August 2012 - 10:36 PM.

Have you tried reinstalling-- sounds as if the game is buggered up.

Go to the link he posted (for uploading)-- click Browse and find your save file-- then click upload.... the last number in your save file corresponds to the save slot you are uploading.

After you upload it, the page will give you a link. Copy it and paste it here....

Slaapman
  • Slaapman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:58 AM

Reinstalling didnt help either, so I uploaded the save file.

Here is the link:
http://gtasnp.com/32548

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

MIssing in Action

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE (Slaapman @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 21:58)
Reinstalling didnt help either, so I uploaded the save file.

Here is the link:

In case anyone didn't catch this-- the save is a "steam" version compatible save so won't load up on the PC Disk version.

If any steam users can download that save file and see if they can get the VIP mission at Kaufmann cabs to load up, that would be great-- this will tell us if it is a messed up game file (save) or something specific to the OP's PC.

THanks in advance...

NikoOfLiberty481
  • NikoOfLiberty481

GTA Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

hey same here soon as i get into the cab all it shows the VIP mission name and thats it.

QUOTE (Slaapman @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 21:58) Reinstalling didnt help either, so I uploaded the save file.

Here is the link:
In case anyone didn't catch this-- the save is a "steam" version compatible save so won't load up on the PC Disk version.

If any steam users can download that save file and see if they can get the VIP mission at Kaufmann cabs to load up, that would be great-- this will tell us if it is a messed up game file (save) or something specific to the OP's PC.

THanks in advance...

Ok I know this post is old but I'm on steam and I'm having the same problem but I don't know if this problem has been fixed also I didn't download that save it happened on my own save.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users