[WIP] GTA III RAGE Classic

762 replies to this topic
Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (Sooner @ Monday, Feb 18 2013, 19:19)
Garju67, why do you always focus on the sky in your screenshots? like almost every screenshot focused on the sky confused.gif you like your sky so much?

It's from Visual IV. tounge.gif

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Monday, Feb 18 2013, 16:11)
looking much better from that comparison, do you still want thos Xbox Overlays/bump maps for the roads I found?

How it work exactly ? It's just a single texture or it's the basic texutre + an improvement of it like bump maps ?

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (Garju67 @ Tuesday, Feb 19 2013, 21:11)
QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Monday, Feb 18 2013, 16:11)
looking much better from that comparison, do you still want thos Xbox Overlays/bump maps for the roads I found?

How it work exactly ? It's just a single texture or it's the basic texutre + an improvement of it like bump maps ?

I'm not sure what the game does with them, I'm guessing it overlays them (like the 10th Anniversary "detail" textures) but I have them here in their original DDS format.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

Odd. Why don't you release the Beta 2 demo for Beta 1?

I bet there are people who will download the demo files and add in the Beta 1 areas not assessable in the demo.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Tuesday, Feb 19 2013, 23:51)

I bet there are people who will download the demo files and add in the Beta 1 areas not assessable in the demo.

I don't understand why he would use the IVSA addon system. Bad choice. Not many people have EFLC, and in addition you need to have IV:SA, which can come with a lot of problems. My guess is that for every 10 people interested in the demo, about 8 can't\won't play it because of these things.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Tuesday, Feb 19 2013, 22:38)
QUOTE (nkjellman @ Tuesday, Feb 19 2013, 23:51)

I don't understand why he would use the IVSA addon system. Bad choice. Not many people have EFLC, and in addition you need to have IV:SA, which can come with a lot of problems. My guess is that for every 10 people interested in the demo, about 8 can't\won't play it because of these things.

Now that beta 1 is out, he should just make it on beta 1. Staunton and Shoreside would just be the V1 where Portland is the updated one.

Plus, no offense or anything, but I'm not sure if many use IV SA anymore. IV SA B3 does screw up your EFLC registry as in not putting back the default loading path for the TLAD and TBoGT folders. Beta 1 and Beta 2 didn't have this issue.

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

@Ash : Ok send it to me please.

@Wass : Yep I will do smoothing but later.

@nkjellman & Blaster : Installing DEMO over REL 1 is the wrost choice I could do, I don't like these fail methods, REL 1 and REL 2 aren't same remember that. About IV:SA and EFLC, well, I don't see the problem, the fact I want to do IV:SA is because I really like the ADD-ON system and I want to use it the most possible I can. Unfortunately, it works only for EFLC in that case.
The first DEMO was on IV:SA EFLC too and was downloaded a lot of time (7103 times), I don't see why it won't happen for the second DEMO.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

Wait, so the newer version needs IVSA and EFLC to work? Hahah you must be bloody joking.

Way back when i was developing for the mod, we knew IIIRC wasn't exactly efficient, but now it's just gotten ridiculous.

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Wednesday, Feb 20 2013, 18:15)
Wait, so the newer version needs IVSA and EFLC to work? Hahah you must be bloody joking.

Way back when i was developing for the mod, we knew IIIRC wasn't exactly efficient, but now it's just gotten ridiculous.

Please learn to read. The second DEMO is IV:SA EFLC yes but the full release 2 is GTA IV 1.0.7.0

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

I asked so that i wouldn't have to read. wink.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (Garju67 @ Wednesday, Feb 20 2013, 17:08)
@Ash : Ok send it to me please.

@Wass : Yep I will do smoothing but later.

@nkjellman & Blaster : Installing DEMO over REL 1 is the wrost choice I could do, I don't like these fail methods, REL 1 and REL 2 aren't same remember that. About IV:SA and EFLC, well, I don't see the problem, the fact I want to do IV:SA is because I really like the ADD-ON system and I want to use it the most possible I can. Unfortunately, it works only for EFLC in that case.
The first DEMO was on IV:SA EFLC too and was downloaded a lot of time (7103 times), I don't see why it won't happen for the second DEMO.

I understand the reason why you would do IV SA, but when you think about it, IV SA is way more different than III RC Beta 1.

But I could completely understand this if the map cords are changed so it wouldn't line up with the rest of the map.

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Wednesday, Feb 20 2013, 23:26)
But I could completely understand this if the map cords are changed so it wouldn't line up with the rest of the map.

Coordinates of REL 2 are original GTA III ones whereas REL 1 use SALC ones but that's not a problem, I could easily move them.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:24 AM Edited by Girish, 24 May 2013 - 08:09 AM.

Locked on OP's request.

Edit: Unlocked.

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:29 PM Edited by Garju67, 06 June 2013 - 12:36 PM.

GTA III RAGE Classic is now resumed ! Watch the first REL 2 trailer now !

Watch in 1080p

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also have some nice screenshots for you guys. smile.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

As usual, I'm looking for people who can help me on making the mod, especially map converters, car converters, programmers...
REMINDER : GTA III RAGE Classic use original Rockstar content, no HD content will be allowed !
That's all for today, I hope you all enjoyed the trailer and the screenshots. Stay tuned for more updates !

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE (Garju67 @ Sunday, Apr 14 2013, 12:07)
QUOTE (Ridd1cK @ Sunday, Apr 14 2013, 10:23)
i'm waiting for your second comeback smile.gif

Then you can wait looooooooooooooong time. moto_whistle.gif

Man you won this time ! biggrin.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Want to play Vice City Stories but don't have a PSP or PS2 ? No problem, I have the solution for you : Play Vice City Stories PC Edition which will have its third BETA released later today !
Topic link : http://www.gtaforums...pic=439980&st=0

'Welcome to the 80's Vic !'

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:39 PM

Wow, looking good, you RAGE guys always have kick ass trailer makers. tounge.gif Pretty awesome screenshots to, the first one looks great.

Wass
  • Wass

Playa

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

Welcome back tounge.gif ,what changes you have made in this version??

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:25 PM

Wow, that's some kickass trailer! Now I wished I would've made the ped paths already. Well you get them soon anyway.

Mainline421
  • Mainline421

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

No offense intended but you're doing a great job killing interest in the mod by constantly canceling it. Great job on the trailer though could you convert the trains from original DMA Design Version as well as an option?

Tadzik
  • Tadzik

Thug

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

oh my god, how many mods are you making? why can't you focus on one mod?
"OH, let's make a mod"
2 weeks later
"SORRY, but the mod is cancelled"
4 weeks later
"HELLO GUYS, the mod is resumed!"
2 weeks later
"SORRY, but the mod is cancelled"
4 weeks later
"HELLO GUYS, the mod is resumed!"
[...]
it's strange.

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:13 PM

Thank you very much people, glad you enjoyed the trailer, I also enjoyed it. biggrin.gif
Now let's answer the questions.

@Wass : I just continue the Release 2, it's not a new version. Well at the moment, I fixed some portland bugs and started Staunton conversion as you can see on the pics. smile.gif

@Mainline421 : Actually I agree with you, I will make sure this is the last cancel/reboot. About the train, I don't see what you are talking about, trains are converted from GTA III. Please be more precise so I can answer your question. smile.gif

@Ridd1cK : Funny is, I expected at least one comment like yours. So, I working only on one mod which is GTA III RAGE Classic, I just took a break on modding these last days. Though I can understand you are disappointed to see all these cancel/reboot, I'm sorry and I will make sure this is the last one.

@Blaster_nl : Great I can't wait for them, too bad I don't know how to convert GTA III peds so it will be default IV ones. sad.gif

Mainline421
  • Mainline421

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:38 PM Edited by Mainline421, 06 June 2013 - 03:42 PM.

The original GTA 3 (as delivered for people who pre ordered it) featured a different model and textures for subway. They were worse actually but that's still how I played basically the trains have no stripes, no seats no posters and a lot of graffiti. (which is NOT how I like to see trains represented! but it's how I remember it.) strangely it seems very difficult to find an image of it now it can be briefly seen in the PC trailer but not very clearly. EDIT: you can see it much clearer in trailer #1 oh and just make it clear I am not suggesting you replace the train currently in the mod perhaps someone could even release this as a separate download. smile.gif

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (Mainline421 @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 16:38)
The original GTA 3 (as delivered for people who pre ordered it) featured a different model and textures for subway. They were worse actually but that's still how I played basically the trains have no stripes, no seats no posters and a lot of graffiti. (which is NOT how I like to see trains represented! but it's how I remember it.) strangely it seems very difficult to find an image of it now it can be briefly seen in the PC trailer but not very clearly. EDIT: you can see it much clearer in trailer #1 oh and just make it clear I am not suggesting you replace the train currently in the mod perhaps someone could even release this as a separate download. smile.gif

Oh, I never knew that. tounge.gif
Well, I would like to do so but first, I don't know where this train is located in the game files and second Sleepy93HUn stopped convert cars for the mod so I'm afraid there won't be more cars until someone join. Sorry. confused.gif

herons2s2
  • herons2s2

Trailers Maker

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (Garju67 @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 12:29)
GTA III RAGE Classic is now resumed ! Watch the first REL 2 trailer now !

Watch in 1080p

I also have some nice screenshots for you guys. smile.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

As usual, I'm looking for people who can help me on making the mod, especially map converters, car converters, programmers...
REMINDER : GTA III RAGE Classic use original Rockstar content, no HD content will be allowed !
That's all for today, I hope you all enjoyed the trailer and the screenshots. Stay tuned for more updates !

QUOTE (Garju67 @ Sunday, Apr 14 2013, 12:07)
QUOTE (Ridd1cK @ Sunday, Apr 14 2013, 10:23)
i'm waiting for your second comeback smile.gif

Then you can wait looooooooooooooong time. moto_whistle.gif

Man you won this time ! biggrin.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Want to play Vice City Stories but don't have a PSP or PS2 ? No problem, I have the solution for you : Play Vice City Stories PC Edition which will have its third BETA released later today !
Topic link : http://www.gtaforums...pic=439980&st=0

'Welcome to the 80's Vic !'

GTA III REL 2 is amazing
Nice job Garju!

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

That was an awesome trailer! I'm happy to see the project is being continued. Do you plan on converting Claude's animations or keeping Niko's there?

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

Why did I move here? I guess it was to bounce.

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:11 AM

Very nice trailer! What's the song? I can't seem to identify it with any of my apps.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE (gamerzworld @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 08:11)
Very nice trailer! What's the song? I can't seem to identify it with any of my apps.

Yeah, i also couldn't find a match... seems like lyrics say something like "This is a warning... a warning sign. I'm coming" etc

But even searching those got me no result... nice one Garju tounge.gif

herons2s2
  • herons2s2

Trailers Maker

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:20 PM Edited by herons2s2, 08 June 2013 - 02:33 PM.

The name of the song is
This is a Warning Sign

It cannot be found on youtube, is a custom music for trailer

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:36 PM

The trailer reminds me of this intro scene from Driv3r:

Skip to 2:38 (the train scenes, panorama and stuff really gets the same touch in his trailer.)

ps. i even fort the music came from Driv3r itself as it's quite similar, but unfortunately, it does not confused.gif

herons2s2
  • herons2s2

Trailers Maker

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE (GTARandom @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 14:36)
The trailer reminds me of this intro scene from Driv3r:

Skip to 2:38 (the train scenes, panorama and stuff really gets the same touch in his trailer.)

ps. i even fort the music came from Driv3r itself as it's quite similar, but unfortunately, it does not confused.gif

I see no many similarities
The vision of the camera can be the same

But the course is totally different

I usually inspire me in music that I'm listening Or trailers rockstargames.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:50 PM

Yeah, you're right. It's actually just the train scene that i got reminded of tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users