» «
Photo

Anyone dissapointed there isn't a GTA LONDON

139 replies to this topic
JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:46 PM Edited by JBanton, 14 September 2012 - 07:49 PM.

^^^ Naive or ignorant, take your pick, because;

QUOTE (JBanton @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 17:27)
QUOTE (Microwave @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 17:16)
Well... Bobby's in London do not carry fire arms on patrol (correct me if I am wrong). So I guess that crime would be a lot easier.  devil.gif

In the heart of London some patrol officers are armed with MP5s whatsthat.gif

I'd love to see London instead of this horrible western globalization thing R* North are hitting the masses with confused.gif

user posted image

SwaggedOut
  • SwaggedOut

Work hard, play hard

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE (JBanton @ Friday, Sep 14 2012, 20:46)
^^^ Naive or ignorant, take your pick, because;

QUOTE (JBanton @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 17:27)
QUOTE (Microwave @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 17:16)
Well... Bobby's in London do not carry fire arms on patrol (correct me if I am wrong). So I guess that crime would be a lot easier.  devil.gif

In the heart of London some patrol officers are armed with MP5s whatsthat.gif

I'd love to see London instead of this horrible western globalization thing R* North are hitting the masses with confused.gif

user posted image

lol, and then when you see the multitude of police cars, vans and bikes that chase after one black guy...

I could imagine Huntley Sports coming after a player at 3 stars;

user posted image

inlove.gif

Eminence E.
  • Eminence E.

Straight Edge

• Members
  • India

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

Not dissapointed. smile.gif
Don't worry they will make it in future! (Maybe) happy.gif

cj2000
  • cj2000

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE (Freezer89 @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 13:45)
[QUOTE=ThisIsHorosho,Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 15:42]
Also I am actually glad it's not set in London. The lefthanded-traffic would drive me insane..

Yes lefthanded-traffic is the worth thing, so I wouldnīt like to see GTA taking place in London ore other city in Britain, Australia, Japan or other country with lefthanded-traffic. However GTA belongs to the US. I have nocing against GTA like game in other countries except the mentioned countries with lefthanded-traffic, but it will be not GTA then itīll be something else.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

I wouldn't be able to handle left-handed driving. It would just feel awkward in a GTA game.

hall90
  • hall90

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:55 PM

GTA 6 the world will be nice

Mr.Moffat
  • Mr.Moffat

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:36 PM

I'd be in favour of london, it would be better than places such as tokyo or brazil, problem with those places would be culture, I can't see what R* would do with things like talk radio, ped lines, pop culture references, news, paradies if gta was set in eg Moscow, it would prob go over most peoples heads or just come across as overly rascist or too sterotypical, gta has always been subtle with certain things.

I would argue they should set it in the 60's again, it would be prime and I think was a major cultural point for england and britishness, similar to how the 80's were a major part of making vice city so memrable and unique.

pleanty of things to reference too, beatles, the queen, troubles in Northern Ireland, collapse of the empire, the war and Germans tounge2.gif close link to America, so pleanty of references there plus it would allow pleanty of american music on the radio, the cold war would be another source ripe for parody, iconic british cars that were actually made in britain, jaguar e tpe, mini cooper, astin martin DB5, list goes on. london is a large melting pot like america, with people from all over the common wealth living there and a variety of diff gangs ranging from yardies to classic britsh gangsters.
Plus R* north are based in scotland, so they would be able to pull of a british gta game perfectly.
This is why im against other cities such as paris and tokyo, anyone who wants these cities please list of things they could parody like I've mentioned above, such as cars, politcics, culture music etc.

P.s the oh left handed traffic is a bs arguement, we drive on the left here in the REP. and I have never once had trouble adpting to the right handed traffic in gta, or had trouble re adapting to the left when i go out to drive IRL after plain gta. so better excuses please.

ArmedJudas47
  • ArmedJudas47

JamieRose

• Members

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

It'll be cool to be set in another country (London) BUT I don't think Tokyo. Just like Mr. Moffat said It'll be hard to create ped lines, cultural reference etc...

The closest city to be set in another foreign country is actually LONDON

SwaggedOut
  • SwaggedOut

Work hard, play hard

• Members

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

Even if they use the current day setting London has;
  • Drugs in many neighbourhoods
  • Guns in many neighbourhoods
  • Violent youths that aren't afraid to use melee weapons
  • A crazy nightlife, that often involves police presence
  • A wide variety of cars to steal
  • A wide variety of law enforcement methods
  • A wide range of girls
  • The river Thames for all the people that want to get their kicks from a boat
  • A mixture of urban areas and green spaces such as parks and playing fields
  • English speaking majority

the list goes on...

nealmac
  • nealmac

Low lie, the fields of Anfield Road

• Members

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:05 PM Edited by nealmac, 11 April 2013 - 04:07 PM.

QUOTE (SwaggedOut @ Thursday, Apr 11 2013, 16:55)
Even if they use the current day setting London has;

• Drugs in many neighbourhoods

• Guns in many neighbourhoods

• Violent youths that aren't afraid to use melee weapons

• A crazy nightlife, that often involves police presence

• A wide variety of cars to steal

• A wide variety of law enforcement methods

• A wide range of girls

• The river Thames for all the people that want to get their kicks from a boat

• A mixture of urban areas and green spaces such as parks and playing fields

• English speaking majority

the list goes on...

You could say this about tons of other cities too.

In real life, I hate London. So I wouldn't want GTA to ever be set there. It's also landlocked, so no beaches. The old bill don't carry guns......The list goes on from an "against" point of view too.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

^^^ You kinda failed there, a pic with the armed officers is even on this page...

Oh wait, that's an Irish flag. I'll stop.

nealmac
  • nealmac

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:12 AM Edited by nealmac, 12 April 2013 - 09:14 AM.

QUOTE (JBanton @ Thursday, Apr 11 2013, 20:55)
^^^ You kinda failed there, a pic with the armed officers is even on this page...

Yes, because the armed forces in the UK are just as plentiful as they are in the US. NOT.

Don't be an idiot. If there were as many armed cops in a UK GTA as there are in a US GTA, people would be moaning about how stupid is would be. I know GTA is far from being realistic, but some elements should be, such as little details like these.

Next, Irish flag? What are you on about?

Also, "Grand Theft Auto" is a crime term used in the US. It's not used in the UK.

Lastly, why do you feel the need to type in such a girly coloured font? Do you feel more special than the rest of us?

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (nealmac @ Friday, Apr 12 2013, 10:12)
QUOTE (JBanton @ Thursday, Apr 11 2013, 20:55)

Yes, because the armed forces in the UK are just as plentiful as they are in the US. NOT.

Don't be an idiot. If there were as many armed cops in a UK GTA as there are in a US GTA, people would be moaning about how stupid is would be. I know GTA is far from being realistic, but some elements should be, such as little details like these.

Next, Irish flag? What are you on about?

Also, "Grand Theft Auto" is a crime term used in the US. It's not used in the UK.

Lastly, why do you feel the need to type in such a girly coloured font? Do you feel more special than the rest of us?

I'm sorry, but lol.gif

SwaggedOut
  • SwaggedOut

Work hard, play hard

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

Haters gonna hate I guess.

If there was a GTA London how would they get a good mix of green space and dense city? There are lots areas in London that offer the land use variety, but not really any single area that offers them all.

Westminster - City area
Richmond Park - Vast green area
River Thames - River
Wembley Stadium - Playing field
Peckham or Brixton - Less well-off areas

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (DropThaSystem @ Tuesday, Apr 9 2013, 20:26)
I wouldn't be able to handle left-handed driving. It would just feel awkward in a GTA game.

I don't understand why everyone keeps saying this. I don't think it would be that much of a problem. After all, I have no difficulty driving in any of the GTA games so why would those who are used to driving on the right, have trouble driving on the left.

GtaIIIFanBoy
  • GtaIIIFanBoy

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:01 PM

im from London so it would be cool if rockstar made a good free roaming crime game LIKE Gta. (i mean the getaway sucked ass!) but i just think Gta should stay in the states.

Tredz
  • Tredz

Tredz

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:16 AM

Why don't you buy gta London or gta London 1968 and grab the geo 3d mod? notify.gif

bobgtafan
  • bobgtafan

The last thing you never see

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:06 AM

Truthfully I don't want to series to leave North America. The series is about America for Christ sake.

nealmac
  • nealmac

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:13 AM

Oh look. Just what we needed. Another "It should've been in London" thread.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:34 AM Edited by GTASAddict, 09 May 2013 - 09:50 AM.

Behold, another duplicate topic of this sort: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=552177

What's so prestigious about basing a GTA in England, particularly London?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users