Quantcast

» «
Photo

Anyone dissapointed there isn't a GTA LONDON

139 replies to this topic
lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE (tshee23 @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 14:31)
HERE COMES THE FALSE "TYPICAL AMERICAN ASSHOLE FAT ASS" STEREOTYPES

Use the edit button instead of double posting icon14.gif
Unless you're too American for that? (it's a bit of a high brow joke you might have to think about it for a few seconds if you don't get it)

Mamunda
  • Mamunda

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (ThisIsHorosho @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 13:42)
in my opinion GTa games should never leave US...why? because cities outside US are just...plain boring...don't ask me why its my opinion and London is boring too...

LMAO cities in US are the same boring like every other city in the world.

They just have many skyscrapers

noid449
  • noid449

Englishman in The United States

• Members

oops deleted
sad.gif

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 13:58)
QUOTE (cidamelo @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 13:56)
I don't know why GTA has too stick so tight with USA, I think it could be awesome in other countries!! After all, GTA is a british game!!!! The only thing I think it would be bad is the language barrier monocle.gif
ThisIsHorosho I like it!! GTA III's Liberty City is like it!

Yeah and the fact that R* is already in the UK would make their job alot easier.
GTA 6 needs to be in the UK!

This.USA is overrated.UK is underrated.

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:36 PM Edited by Gregers08, 16 August 2012 - 02:38 PM.

London is one of the only non American places they can go since it's vastly multicultural and obviously English is the main language. The only thing they would have to change is making guns legal. London by itself might not be enough so maybe the whole of the Uk would work better, it would give the map a good mix of cities and countryside.

It would also be a good way of sneaking the R* North office into the map so we can pay them a visit devil.gif

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

Davidx123 I don't know why GTA can't be a parody of other countries monocle.gif

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTA V/Online Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

What's with GTA London 1969 and GTA London 1961. sigh.gif

GTAknowledge
  • GTAknowledge

Mack Pimp

• Members

QUOTE (ThisIsHorosho @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 13:42)
in my opinion GTa games should never leave US...why? because cities outside US are just...plain boring...don't ask me why its my opinion and London is boring too...

This!!!!!

Would not buy GTA if it was set in London.

US cities are by far the best for GTA games!! icon14.gif

noid449
  • noid449

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:39 PM Edited by noid449, 16 August 2012 - 02:51 PM.

there are alot of criminal guns in london btw and also the police have a sh*t load of them too.
they may not wear them on their hips like in the usa but you hang around the city for a while you`ll see a bunch of semi auto`s

i agree if it was outside usa it would have to be uk or maybe australia they have cars there right ?
j/k

for real tho if they do go out of usa id be dissapointed if it wasnt london, people saying not enough tall building or not enough country side( add epping forest ) or to small or boring just doesnt cut it for me user posted image
beautiful just beautiful

loki18760
  • loki18760

Truth Seeker

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:43 PM

I think america just fits the GTA stereo type better than other countries. To be honest people like the city's that have already been set. SA VC and LC. The Cities has way more room to evolve, to the point they mimic the cities completely.

City's like London grow stagnant pretty quick, they are steep in history, history that people already know, roads that are to congested to be fun. London is to flat for the purposes of fun. However I could see myself blowing up Big Ben or launching rockets at Buckingham palace Yelling god save the queen.

That not to say I wouldn't like to see gta Expand to other city's I would like to see GTA: Dubai for instance Plenty of tall buildings to jump off or crash into. And plenty of excess, i could run outside and jack a sports car anytime i wanted.

tshee23
  • tshee23

Ologist

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 14:34)
QUOTE (tshee23 @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 14:31)
HERE COMES THE FALSE "TYPICAL AMERICAN ASSHOLE FAT ASS" STEREOTYPES

Use the edit button instead of double posting icon14.gif
Unless you're too American for that? (it's a bit of a high brow joke you might have to think about it for a few seconds if you don't get it)

??? I DIDNT DOUBLE POST ??? and was that american comment necessary, i never insulted you

Johnny_Cash1983
  • Johnny_Cash1983

CopKilla

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (cidamelo @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 14:07)
And when american cities 'be over'?? Let's suppose they make a GTA game in all american big cities..... Would they remake the same cities all over again?

When they are over they will make their own cities like Gta2 Anywhere City U.S.A.

Rauland
  • Rauland

Test your might

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:59 PM

i was just on a tour of Europe with a group and the Americas on the tour said how much more beautiful a european city is compared to any city in the states.

death783
  • death783

Director Of Photography Rockstar Games

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:00 PM Edited by death783, 16 August 2012 - 03:03 PM.

London is very small, compared to places like LA. It'd have to be a bunch of boring places around it like.... well like Essex. (which is sh*t if you don't live in the UK)
London's gang scene isn't boring at-all. I say gang scene as what it used to be (in games like the getaway).
Plus us Brits have a lot of comedy that the rest of the world just doesn't get, trying not to sound like a hipster but we like to complain, take the piss, ect ect.
London would be fantastic if only it was bigger, maybe as a one off game (Like GTA London) but as a big AAA title it is far too small.

The east of London is also interesting when it comes to gang violence.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (GTAknowledge @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 15:37)
Would not buy GTA if it was set in London.

US cities are by far the best for GTA games!! icon14.gif

First of all I'm sure you would buy it. Second of all how do you know USA is best for GTA games when we have never had anything other than USA? sigh.gif

MIKON8ERISBACK
  • MIKON8ERISBACK

My real name is Michael. #FACT.

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:03 PM

London would kinda suck because then we'd have to sacrifice the classic borders (endless ocean) in favor of something more far fetched like endless farm land or unpassable mountains. Also, the climate is even more dreary than Liberty City.

noid449
  • noid449

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:05 PM

facts about greater london
its not small and has a sh*t loads of stuff to do. greater london has forests parks water areas river city and a lot of things im not trying to bid for london to be the next gta, but please dont dismiss it as a bad city.
wait there was this small thing going on there recently too .. i think it was called the. o l y m pi c s

Johnny_Cash1983
  • Johnny_Cash1983

CopKilla

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE (noid449 @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 15:05)
its not small and has a sh*t loads of stuff to do. greater london has forests parks water areas river city and a lot of things im not trying to bid for london to be gta but please dont dismiss it as a bad city.
wait there was this small thing going on there recently too .. i think it was called the. o l y m pi c s

London would be good but driving on the other side of the road would suck.
If they make London it should have an option to drive at the other side of the Road in option menu.

death783
  • death783

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE (Johnny_Cash1983 @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 16:05)
its not small and has a sh*t loads of stuff to do. greater london has forests  parks water areas river city and a lot of things im not trying to bid for london to be gta but please dont dismiss it as a bad city.
wait there was this small thing going on there recently too .. i think it was called the.  o l  y  m pi c s

If they make London it should have an option to drive at the other side of the Road in option menu.

haha no, we've had to suffer driving on your side, now you should suffer ours! devil.gif

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:08 PM

GTA London is not a bad idea, but I would like to see new Vice City more cool.gif

death783
  • death783

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (0909090 @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 16:08)
GTA London is not a bad idea, but I would like to see new Vice City more cool.gif

That's the most likely candidate for the next game.

Johnny_Cash1983
  • Johnny_Cash1983

CopKilla

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (death783 @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 15:07)
its not small and has a sh*t loads of stuff to do. greater london has forests  parks water areas river city and a lot of things im not trying to bid for london to be gta but please dont dismiss it as a bad city.
wait there was this small thing going on there recently too .. i think it was called the.  o l  y  m pi c s

haha no, we've had to suffer driving on your side, now you should suffer ours! devil.gif

Then they should put this option in GTAV biggrin.gif .

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:20 PM

I would want a European Grand Theft Auto in several cities like London, Paris, Berlin & Rome. I could picture it being good, humorous but maybe a tad darker in storytelling. London is due to be a GTA game, at this rate i think they're gonna be done recreating the GTA3 cities

mattymcs
  • mattymcs

For sho'

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:21 PM Edited by mattymcs, 16 August 2012 - 03:26 PM.

QUOTE (MIKON8ERISBACK @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 15:03)
London would kinda suck because then we'd have to sacrifice the classic borders (endless ocean) in favor of something more far fetched like endless farm land or unpassable mountains. Also, the climate is even more dreary than Liberty City.

Firstly, why would we have to sacrifice endless oceans? Please remind me of the real life city that is totally surrounded by water like the GTA counterpart is. You would surround it by water and have the Thames running through the middle... simple.

Secondly, the climate is very similar to New York but its actually colder in NY in the winter and rains even more than London. I wouldnt say its more dreary in London.

And to the other side of the road guy... seriously what difference does it make? Who sticks to driving on the right sound of the road in GTA games anyway?

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (death783 @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 15:07)

We've had to suffer driving on their side in nearly everything.
On Topic:They have to get out of USA some time.

PureGold
  • PureGold

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

I prefer it in the US but one in Australia would be good imo if we played it in the era of Chopper tounge.gif
Don't know about London, they could set it in the past in the yardie era. Wouldn't want to play as a gangster in current times London because it would be a repeat of San Andreas just in a different setting. The could go the Turkish/Kurdish gang side but still, the missions would be boring "go to a cafe and shoot the rival gang member" and repeat. Hardly anywhere to get military jets from in London is there? Setting wise it would be a repeat of Liberty City on a smaller scale. So I'm hoping for GTA 6 to be in Vice City.

Squidgyone
  • Squidgyone

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:42 PM

What about Moscow? Or another Russian city, could parody the KGB?

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• Members
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (cidamelo @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 14:13)
Mokrie Dela yes, maybe the fanbase is not prepared for it tounge2.gif GTA is a so innovative game, I don't know why people has to be so conservative
cousinletsgobowling yes, Italy is amazing too, but maybe language barrier is a problem!!

the langauge would indeed be a problem. Authenticity - Assassins Creed, as great a game as 2 was, sometimes felt too englishified.( THATS NOT EVEN A WORD!)

But having the game in foreign language would suck. Having italy full of americans would be weird.

i dont think GTA will venture out of english speaking countries.

Microwave
  • Microwave

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

Well... Bobby's in London do not carry fire arms on patrol (correct me if I am wrong). So I guess that crime would be a lot easier. devil.gif

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:27 PM Edited by JBanton, 16 August 2012 - 04:42 PM.

QUOTE (Microwave @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 17:16)
Well... Bobby's in London do not carry fire arms on patrol (correct me if I am wrong). So I guess that crime would be a lot easier.  devil.gif

In the heart of London some patrol officers are armed with MP5s whatsthat.gif

London has a large criminal underworld (car theft rings, drugs, armed gangs etc), lots of girls, and lots of cars, why wouldn't GTA work there?

I'd love to see London instead of this horrible western globalization thing R* North are hitting the masses with confused.gif

user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users