» «
Photo

Anyone dissapointed there isn't a GTA LONDON

139 replies to this topic
Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (Buffaloro @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 14:01)
QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 13:58)
QUOTE (cidamelo @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 13:56)
I don't know why GTA has too stick so tight with USA, I think it could be awesome in other countries!! After all, GTA is a british game!!!! The only thing I think it would be bad is the language barrier monocle.gif
ThisIsHorosho I like it!! GTA III's Liberty City is like it!

Yeah and the fact that R* is already in the UK would make their job alot easier.
GTA 6 needs to be in the UK!

I wouldn't buy it. confused.gif

You know you will. don't kid yourself.

The US culture and stereotypes have the most global awareness, with the UK (specifically London) probably in close second. That's why GTA hasn't ventured elsewhere. I personally think London doesn't really have the variety to make it a fun environment. Apart from The City, it doesn't really have any height to it. It isn't by the sea so apart from the Thames, it's all flat, dense urban sprawl. I doubt they could make a fun sandbox game in that kind of setting.

Feels so strange reading a good post like this in this clusterf*ck of a sub-forum..

Dr Pepper 94
  • Dr Pepper 94

Rat

• Members

Oslo!!!! And maybe Manchester! Maybe Nice, would be a cool place aswell.. but in my honest opinion, GTA belongs to American cities..

tshee23
  • tshee23

Ologist

• BUSTED!

obviously R* would go out of the US if it interested THEM, obviously they want to stay in the US.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

If some of you think London is too flat and dense urban sprawl etc, why can't they just take a variety of British cities and areas and condense them into one epic city? With countryside. And seaside. British coastline FTW

Buffaloro
  • Buffaloro

Street Cat

• Members

QUOTE (Barguast @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 14:03)
The US culture and stereotypes have the most global awareness, with the UK (specifically London) probably in close second. That's why GTA hasn't ventured elsewhere. I personally think London doesn't really have the variety to make it a fun environment. Apart from The City, it doesn't really have any height to it. It isn't by the sea so apart from the Thames, it's all flat, dense urban sprawl. I doubt they could make a fun sandbox game in that kind of setting.

Yup, every city in Europe has a history to it and you can see it in the buildings. I really don't like those buildings, besides, most cultural cities don't allow a lot of cars in their streets because of all the tourists walking on the streets.

The U.S.A. is way more modern because it didn't go through medieval times like we did.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:07 PM

And when american cities 'be over'?? Let's suppose they make a GTA game in all american big cities..... Would they remake the same cities all over again?

tshee23
  • tshee23

Ologist

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:09 PM

lol everybody that doesnt live in the US, hates the US

Buffaloro
  • Buffaloro

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE (cidamelo @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 14:07)
And when american cities 'be over'?? Let's suppose they make a GTA game in all american big cities..... They would remake the same cities all over again?

They keep changing the cities, Liberty City in GTA III is a lot different from the one in GTA IV. And if they finally do run out of creativity, they might just make up a city.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:10 PM

tshee23 I don't hate US! I think it's a very interesting country, I really like it!! But I think that there are other amazing countries in the world, not only USA!
Buffaloro I love Liberty City, but I bet if they remake it again, a lot of people would be complaining lol.gif

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:11 PM

London's a great city but GTA set there would take serious effort to work. US cities work better for GTA
london would be cool, but im not sure the fanbase is ready for London yet.

tshee23
  • tshee23

Ologist

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE (cidamelo @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 14:10)
tshee23 I don't hate US! I think it's a very interesting country, I really like it!! But I think that there are other amazing countries in the world, not only USA!
Buffaloro I love Liberty City, but I bet if they remake it again, a lot of people would be complaining lol.gif

well dont you think R* would have done a city outside of the US if it was interesting, instead of remaking a city that have already done.

noid449
  • noid449

Englishman in The United States

• Members

if they venture out of usa again then it should be to london and they could even have a small part of dover ( coastal area) and we could see france .. but could never reach it .. cos no one actually wants to goto france smile.gif
j/k
alot of the npc`s are actaually not american in gta iv , well i say of american decent. brits, eastern european, spanish speaking and alot of other other nationalities.
i think thats the funny part,running over a rasta or crashing some limeys car is hilarious in gta iv.

the comedy they could have with london would have to be an 1970`s or 60`s era london for the bobbies and all that stuff,but its been done before. new london- plastic olympic trees and mayor boris **facePalm***
the problem with other european countries is the language barrier wouldnt be natural -insert babelfish now got red marker :?

as for the cars ... it doesnt need to be 5 ltrs to have over 200bhp smile.gif
but i reckon stay in the usa that way we can take the piss out of the yanks, shh but dont tell them wink.gif

cousinletsgobowling
  • cousinletsgobowling

Rat

• Members

You know if Rockstar wanted a setting in Europe I think Italy would be perfect. Obviously, you have the Mafia which has been potrayed in most GTA games in some form or another. Then you have the different cities in Italy each with its own atmosphere and distinct style. Rome, Vatican City, Naples, Venice, Milan etc.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:13 PM

Mokrie Dela yes, maybe the fanbase is not prepared for it tounge2.gif GTA is a so innovative game, I don't know why people has to be so conservative
cousinletsgobowling yes, Italy is amazing too, but maybe language barrier is a problem!!

tshee23
  • tshee23

Ologist

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE (noid449 @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 14:12)
if they venture out of usa again then it should be to london and they could even have a small part of dover ( coastal area) and we could see france .. but could never reach it .. cos no one actually wants to goto france smile.gif
j/k
alot of the npc`s are actaually not american in gta iv , well i say of american decent. brits, eastern european, spanish speaking and alot of other other nationalities.
i think thats the funny part,running over a rasta or crashing some limeys car is hilarious in gta iv.

the comedy they could have with london would have to be an 1970`s or 60`s era london for the bobbies and all that stuff,but its been done before. new london- plastic olympic trees and mayor boris **facePalm***
the problem with other european countries is the language barrier wouldnt be natural -insert babelfish now got red marker :?

as for the cars ... it doesnt need to be 5 ltrs to have over 200bhp smile.gif
but i reckon stay in the usa that way we can take the piss out of the yanks, shh but dont tell them wink.gif

icon13.gif icon13.gif icon13.gif icon13.gif icon13.gif icon13.gif icon13.gif icon13.gif icon13.gif

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE (Barguast @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 15:03)
I doubt they could make a fun sandbox game in that kind of setting.

The Getaway wasn't that bad and neither was black Monday. I enjoyed it anyhow. I'd say they could have citys outside the USA as expansions much like GTA London was in the first place but I think R* will have to much ideas and make it a new game rather than a expansion if it was ever to happen.

Buffaloro
  • Buffaloro

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE (tshee23 @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 14:09)

Did you see my flag? Did you see me hating on the US? No? Thought so...

Game2048
  • Game2048

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:17 PM

No

noid449
  • noid449

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (tshee23 @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 09:15)
QUOTE (noid449 @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 14:12)
if they venture out of usa again then it should be to london and they could even have a small  part of dover ( coastal area) and we could see france .. but could never reach it .. cos no one actually wants to goto france smile.gif
j/k
alot of the npc`s are actaually not american in  gta iv , well i say of american decent. brits, eastern european, spanish speaking and alot of other other nationalities.
i think thats the funny part,running over a rasta or crashing some limeys car is hilarious  in gta iv.

the comedy they could have with london would have to be an 1970`s or 60`s era  london  for the bobbies and all that stuff,but its been done before. new london- plastic olympic trees and mayor boris **facePalm***
the problem with other european countries is the language  barrier wouldnt be natural -insert babelfish  now got red marker  :?

as for the cars ...  it doesnt need to be 5 ltrs  to have over 200bhp  smile.gif
but i reckon stay in the usa that way we can take the piss out of the yanks, shh but dont tell them  wink.gif

icon13.gif icon13.gif icon13.gif icon13.gif icon13.gif icon13.gif icon13.gif icon13.gif icon13.gif

thanks for the constructive reply ...LMFTO

im not sure the amount of people thats been to or lives in loindon on this forum but it would work as well as new york . but dont get me wrong im not for a gta london although if they did make it it would be cool.
id rather stay elsewhere

ThisIsHorosho
  • ThisIsHorosho

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:18 PM

...the only outside the US setting i could see them making, so it'd actually work is Australia and the only place in Australia, that is suitable for that kind of game is Sydney...

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:19 PM

ThisIsHorosho Australia is very cool too, but I don't know, it seems to 'peaceful'? tounge2.gif tounge2.gif

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:20 PM

How Americans see British people -
"Why hello there my good sir! I'm chuffed as nuts to see you looking as humbly jumbly as her majesties watermelons!

I remember my days at Oxford, where we would often dabble in a little rumpy pumpy before dingbangling a fresh todger, haha!

We really knew how to sock the ol' trobbing wobbly on a saucy twat crumpet!"

How British see Americans

"BEER AND VAGINAS HAHAHA BALD EAGLES AND SH*T F*CK YES! HAMBURGERS IN MY FACE MY PENIS IS BIGGER THAN AN AIRCRAFT CARRIER MOTHERF*CKERS HAHAHA TOUCHDOWWWN! EXPLOSIONS AND P*SSY WOOOO! YES! SH*T YES!"

mattymcs
  • mattymcs

For sho'

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:20 PM

This topic made just after San Andreas came out shows what you need to know about London really, although there would probably be stuff to update considering its age.

Great topic though.

MyDog
  • MyDog

Niko Bellic's my burazer

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

There should be GTA Tokyo. Or GTA Moscow.

ThisIsHorosho
  • ThisIsHorosho

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

QUOTE (cidamelo @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 14:19)
ThisIsHorosho Australia is very cool too, but I don't know, it seems to 'peaceful'? tounge2.gif   tounge2.gif

...its up to you (if you're developer) to make everything so it'd be not so peaceful don't ya think?... lol.gif

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

QUOTE (cidamelo @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 15:19)
ThisIsHorosho Australia is very cool too, but I don't know, it seems to 'peaceful'? tounge2.gif tounge2.gif

*kangaroo jumps through street crushing everything in it's way*
Protagonist says " gooday skip"..... then shoots it. tounge2.gif

noid449
  • noid449

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 09:20)

How Americans see British people -
"Why hello there my good sir! I'm chuffed as nuts to see you looking as humbly jumbly as her majesties watermelons!

I remember my days at Oxford, where we would often dabble in a little rumpy pumpy before dingbangling a fresh todger, haha!

We really knew how to sock the ol' trobbing wobbly on a saucy twat crumpet!"

How British see Americans

"BEER AND VAGINAS HAHAHA BALD EAGLES AND SH*T F*CK YES! HAMBURGERS IN MY FACE MY PENIS IS BIGGER THAN AN AIRCRAFT CARRIER MOTHERF*CKERS HAHAHA TOUCHDOWWWN! EXPLOSIONS AND P*SSY WOOOO! YES! SH*T YES!"

hahaha i lol` icon14.gif thankyou
i 100% agree
ive lived in the usa a few years now and thats sssoooo true imho

Davidx123
  • Davidx123

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:27 PM

ugh...

Repeat after me: GTA is more then a crime sandbox, it is a parody of everything AMERICA.
It's like asking for a fallout game set in the Uk, or A COD game without Military movie cliches....

tshee23
  • tshee23

Ologist

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE (Buffaloro @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 14:16)

Did you see my flag? Did you see me hating on the US? No? Thought so...

LOL I LOVE HOW YOU THINK THAT COMMENT WAS DIRECTED TO YOU AND YOU ONLY, SELF CENTERED PRICK

tshee23
  • tshee23

Ologist

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:31 PM

HERE COMES THE FALSE "TYPICAL AMERICAN ASSHOLE FAT ASS" STEREOTYPES

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users