Photo

[REL|SA] Winter Vacation 2.0

19 replies to this topic
flame1251
  • flame1251

Flame

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:25 AM Edited by flame1251, 5 days ago.

The Seasons: Spring Season | Endless Summer | Autumn Sunshine | Winter Vacation || Other mods by Flame: HRT 1.4 | Main mods thread

0_ca21c_251f62da_M.jpg

Winter Vacation 2.0

Winter Vacation 2.0 — is a global modification for GTA: San Andreas which brings to the game an atmosphere of winter frosts and Christmas holidays.

First version of Winter Vacation was released in the end of 2010; modification has begun a series of mods, it was followed by Spring Season, Endless Summer and Autumn Sunshine... Version 2.0 is fully redesigned.

Look forward: most part of the state San Andreas, covered with snow (Bayside city, Angel Pine, Mount Chiliad...); Christmas tree with toys; absolutely real Santa Claus (you can see him in Bayside near the Christmas tree!); sounds of the winter nature (sounds of the strong wind and snowstorm); winter vegetation (based on modified Project Oblivion 2010HQ); new objects on the location (including snowman); new particle, special settings for ENBSeries etc.

Mod is good optimized and has special menu for change ENB settings and LQ textures pack. Also are included a large number of bonuses.

Authors: Flame (flame1251 at GTAForums), izerli, Black Stallion.

Release dates:
  • December 2010 — old Winter Vacation 1.0;
  • December 2011 — Winter Vacation 2.0;
  • March 2012 — Winter Vacation 2.0: SA-MP Edition;
  • Сancelled — Winter Vacation 2.0: updated editions of original mod and SA-MP Edition.
In 2014, could be released (after updated editions of previous mods in series — spring, summer and autumn), an updated version of the Winter Vacation 2.0 mod with a lot of improvements; release was cancelled due to a hard drive crash with all work files.

----------------------------------------------------

Download mod

Original mod, version with auto installation: Mod DB
Original mod, version with manual installation: Mod DB
SA-MP Edition: Mod DB

(Notes: carefully check game folder in installer, it can add second "GTA San Andreas" to patch. To throw a snowball: press Z + RMB (not Ctrl + RMB, as described in instruction - it is a mistake).

-----------------------

Screenshots and video

0_ca21b_5bc89b32_M.jpg 0_ca21c_251f62da_M.jpg

0_ca21d_6f834d7f_M.jpg 0_ca21e_a6601e94_M.jpg

0_ca21f_7f2bc289_M.jpg 0_ca220_771f3688_M.jpg

0_ca221_6380d894_M.jpg 0_ca222_cdaba301_M.jpg

(Screenshots above were captured in original build of mod).

See other screenshots here!

Watch videos from mod

• Prince Gumball, Meheraj7 and ZecH like this

Afterburningwheels
  • Afterburningwheels

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:42 PM Edited by Afterburningwheels, 16 August 2012 - 05:48 PM.

Looks very nice!! I always love Winter mods for GTA: SA.
One question, are the roads covered in snow? I see the picture with the road is not covered in snow.

EDIT
After hours of downloading (depositfiles is slow and LetItBit won't let me download, too much ads) and trying to install the mod,
I read the Readme and all.
But the winter mod is not working. Just see the regulair normal GTA SA.
There are too much files I don.t know where to start with.
Is it not just possible to install only the winter mod on a clean original game?
Not like with the installer, .exe, enb installer and all with the hassle of many files?
An option to install the winter mod with the audio would be much better and only
importing the winter files in gta3.img and you are ready without any .exe files and all.

Would you please upload mods on Zippyshare.com next time, please?
That's a much better host site.

flame1251
  • flame1251

Flame

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:03 PM Edited by Flame1251, 16 August 2012 - 06:07 PM.

QUOTE (Afterburningwheels @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 13:42)
Looks very nice!! I always love Winter mods for GTA: SA.
One question, are the roads covered in snow? I see the picture with the road is not covered in snow.

EDIT
After hours of downloading (depositfiles is slow) and trying to install the mod,
I read the Readme and all.
But the winter mod is not working. Just see the regulair normal GTA SA.
There are too much files I don.t know where to start with.
Is it not just possible to install only the winter mod on a clean original game?
Not like with the installer, .exe, enb installer and all with the hassle of many files?
An option to install the winter mod with the audio would be much better and only
importing the winter files in gta3.img and you are ready without any .exe files and all.

Thanks for the downloading my mod.

Let's look at why the mod does not work. Maybe readme is unclear (after all, English - it is is hard for me)?

Are you install mod over the clear (original) game? Are you install version with auto-installation or with manual installation?

If you install version with manual installation, maybe you forget make the rebuild of gta3.img. Also if you install version with manual installation, last step of installation (extracting files from exe-file) - necessarily. If exe file not run in Windows Vista \ 7 - run it in XP compatibility mode.

If by "not working" you mean that snow is not seen: in fact, covered with snow, not all location, but only part.

Afterburningwheels
  • Afterburningwheels

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:07 PM

Thanks for you reply.

Yes, I installed it manually since Depositfiles and LitItBit are very slow.
So downloaded the manual to save time, but I'm downloading the Auto installer version, maybe it will work.

The whole map is not covered in snow, it's just the normal GTA: SA with original GTA: SA textures.

But I'm on Vista 64Bit. Which .exe file do I need to extract?

flame1251
  • flame1251

Flame

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:29 PM Edited by Flame1251, 16 August 2012 - 06:37 PM.

Version with automatic installation eliminates the need to do complex operations, it is really easy, just point the way to the game and click button.

And about the snow. I wanted covered snow the whole location, but it awfully long time, so I confined myself only a part of it. On the map (Map.gif in archive) shows parts of game location, which covered in snow.

Ask questions, if that. smile.gif

QUOTE (Afterburningwheels @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 13:42)
Would you please upload mods on Zippyshare.com next time, please?

Yes, I will try upload mods to the better hostings, but almost all of them have strong size limit (in Zippyshare, for example - 200 mb).

QUOTE (Afterburningwheels @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 18:07)
But I'm on Vista 64Bit. Which .exe file do I need to extract?

If you install version with manual installation, this file - "4. winter.exe" (last step of installation). If you install version with auto installation, you will see only Setup.exe in archive, so, install it.

Methical
  • Methical

Gramps

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:05 AM

You could heavily compress with KGB Archiver ^

Afterburningwheels
  • Afterburningwheels

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:40 PM

I installed it and it worked good. It looks very nice and clean.
But damn the HD roads textures, they makes my game blinking and glittering in the distance tounge.gif
Imagine it how they will look in HRT 1.4 cry.gif Can't you make the textures size max up to 1024x1024?
Or even better 512x512 is the max? Playing GTA: SA on 1080p with modded effects makes the game very lag
when there are smoke and explosions.

flame1251
  • flame1251

Flame

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE (methodunderg @ Friday, Aug 17 2012, 10:05)

I do not think that the difference between the 7-Zip and KGB would be substantial.

QUOTE (Afterburningwheels @ Friday, Aug 17 2012, 13:40)
But damn the HD roads textures, they makes my game blinking and glittering in the distance tounge.gif
Imagine it how they will look in HRT 1.4 cry.gif   Can't you make the textures size max up to 1024x1024?
Or even better 512x512 is the max? Playing GTA: SA on 1080p with modded effects makes the game very lag

Glad that you like my mod. smile.gif Yes, some texture little "heavy", but you can use pack of LQ-texture (in Bonus folder). In the HRT 1.4 I use different roads textures: some in 1024x1024, some - 512x512; some - fully new, some - original but enhanced.

Afterburningwheels
  • Afterburningwheels

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (Flame1251 @ Friday, Aug 17 2012, 15:07)
QUOTE (methodunderg @ Friday, Aug 17 2012, 10:05)

I do not think that the difference between the 7-Zip and KGB would be substantial.

QUOTE (Afterburningwheels @ Friday, Aug 17 2012, 13:40)
Imagine it how they will look in HRT 1.4 cry.gif   Can't you make the textures size max up to 1024x1024?

Glad that you like my mod. smile.gif Yes, some texture little "heavy", but you can use pack of LQ-texture (in Bonus folder). In the HRT 1.4 I use different roads textures: some in 1024x1024, some - 512x512; some - fully new, some - original but enhanced.

Thanks, the 1024x1024 and 512x512 would be very appreciated!! smile.gif

flame1251
  • flame1251

Flame

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

I made a new video from Winter Vacation 2.0 mod:

Winter Vacation 2.0: Happy New Year!

Hope you enjoy it!

See also new small video about snow clumb and wait for a new videos; tomorrow I'll upload two new videos, so watch for this playlist and my channel.

P.S. Also recently I upload all mod screenshots to the gallery on Imagebam, see link in a first post.

ASHISHEKKA
  • ASHISHEKKA

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

Your seasons are awesome!!!! I love it... icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif :^:BUT CAN ANYONE USE THIS MOD TO MAKE A CLEO MOD OR Something that would automatically change season after 3-4 in game months. I want Spring, summer, autumn and winter that would cycle after 3-4 ingame months plzzzzz.... Iwant the seasons with THESE HIGH GRAPHIC TEXTURES so plz dont show me any other season mod.

flame1251
  • flame1251

Flame

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

SHISHEKKA, thanks for this comment. Glad that you like these mods.

QUOTE (ASHISHEKKA @ Sunday, Mar 24 2013, 17:03)
BUT CAN ANYONE USE THIS MOD TO MAKE A CLEO MOD OR Something that would automatically change season after 3-4 in game months. I want Spring, summer, autumn and winter that would cycle after 3-4 ingame months

We are thought about that. About all-seasons-mod. It's really in theory, but very, very hard.

But you may just install all seasons mods in different GTA San Andreas copies and play in the one or the other mod. This is possible and there are no conflicts, it seems not to be.

Winter Vacation 2.0 now on Mod DB!

You can download mod via the direct links.

<Yang3
  • <Yang3

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

QUOTE (ASHISHEKKA @ Monday, Mar 25 2013, 01:03)
Your seasons are awesome!!!! I love it... icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif :^:BUT CAN ANYONE USE THIS MOD TO MAKE A CLEO MOD OR Something that would automatically change season after 3-4 in game months. I want Spring, summer, autumn and winter that would cycle after 3-4 ingame months plzzzzz.... Iwant the seasons with THESE HIGH GRAPHIC TEXTURES so plz dont show me any other season mod.

It may be possible. Maybe on the main.scm. But as a Cleo script, then it isn't.
Also, with the influx of 4 big texture/model mods w/c might take up a size of a couple of gigabytes, you'll have to heavily mod your game for it to handle the new size and remove the limits.

flame1251
  • flame1251

Flame

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:49 PM Edited by flame1251, 01 May 2014 - 09:54 AM.

Time to vacation again!

Soon, to the New Year, in the end of December 2013, mod will be released in updated edition.

Mod will be more beautiful, faster and better. Will be fixed some things and enhanced graphics.

Earlier in updated editions on Mod DB were released Spring Season 2.0 and Endless Summer (updated Endless Summer is a very massive work). Also updated edition of Autumn Sunshine, beautiful and powerful autumn modification, is in the development. This mod also will be released these days, in the end of the month.

wv_7.jpg wv_4.jpg

Winter Vacation 2.0 is a winter modification for GTA San Andreas game.

Most part of the state San Andreas is covered with snow; you can see Christmas tree with toys and meet absolutely real Santa Claus; added sounds of the winter nature (sounds of the strong wind and snowstorm); winter vegetation; new objects on the location (including snowman); improved graphics (new particle effects, using of ENBSeries library with special settings etc).

Originally mod was released in 2011.

[Updated: mod will be released in February 2014].
[Updated again: mod will be released in May 2014].

wv_6.jpg wv_9.jpg

hendrix.
  • hendrix.

me gusta el helado

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:30 PM

nice :)

• flame1251 likes this

coolznio
  • coolznio

Lover

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:16 AM

i love your work, now i can replay this game again without getting bored with the atmosphere

• flame1251 likes this

tukang kerupuk
  • tukang kerupuk

I was blessed and i've forgotten how to love

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:08 AM

This is Lag?

flame1251
  • flame1251

Flame

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:03 PM

This is Lag?

No, mod working without any lags, but if want you can just set more lower graphics settings in special menu or install additional LQ-textures pack.

zmudziak32
  • zmudziak32

Thug

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:56 PM

Will you cover all State in Snow? Like in your Winter mod for VC?

flame1251
  • flame1251

Flame

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:01 PM Edited by flame1251, 10 April 2014 - 07:01 PM.

Will you cover all State in Snow? Like in your Winter mod for VC?

Not all state, I left idea of fully covered with snow state for (relatively) short period of the development. But mod have compatibility with Snow Andreas mod.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users