Photo

MEd crashing on Windows 7 64 bit

3 replies to this topic
Grove Street Boy
  • Grove Street Boy

Maggot for life!

• Members

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:00 PM

I just got a new machine with windows 7 64 bit, and when i launch MEd, add a new path to my GTA Game, and click "OK", it will load a few ipl files and then crash immediately. Does anyone know how to solve this? Thanks in advance! biggrin.gif

ilir
  • ilir

Spinnin'

• Members

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:44 AM Edited by ilir, 15 August 2012 - 01:54 AM.

Yeah I also have Win7 x64 and MEd sometimes just crashes at CountryN.ipl
Right-click over MEd executable, select properties and in the compatibility tab check "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select Windows XP (Service Pack 2) and see if that works for you.. if it doesn't, restart your pc and try again. smile.gif

Grove Street Boy
  • Grove Street Boy

Maggot for life!

• Members

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:41 AM

Thanks ilir biggrin.gif, I have tried that, running in compatibility mode for windows XP SP 3 (I'm not sure if that is right) and even set it to run as administrator all the time, but it still crashes, I haven't tried XP SP2 and restarting my PC yet, gonna try it when I'm back from work today (work sucks D:), but it did work for you right? Also, does it need any specific version of DirectX or .Net Framework? I have the latest of both.

ilir
  • ilir

Spinnin'

• Members

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE (Grove Street Boy @ Wednesday, Aug 15 2012, 03:41)
Also, does it need any specific version of DirectX or .Net Framework? I have the latest of both.

No, I don't think so, you just need to have the latest graphic drivers installed.
But it will still crash even if run in compatibility mode. Sometimes it will crash and sometimes not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users