You know what would be awesome?

8 replies to this topic
Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:28 PM

I've always wondered if a GTA could be made into a movie, but the perfect idea would be a television series using all the original voice actors for the characters. Even though it's highly unlikely (okay, impossible) that this would ever happen, I just wanted to share my thoughts about it. As I play through the story, I frequently envision GTAIV playing out as a set of chapters parallel to seasons in a TV show, and I wonder how it would fair as a crime series similar to what we've seen in the past years (Breaking Bad, Sopranos, The Wire, etc.).

GTAIV would be the best option to recreate because it has a realistic story and developed characters. Each episode would represent say 2-3 missions worth of events. For example, the pilot has Niko jumping ship in Liberty and helping Roman deal with his Albanian loan sharks. The rest of the first season leads up to his association with Mikhail Faustin, ending with his assassination and Dimitri's betrayal. The second season follows with Elizabeta up to the UL Paper conspiracy, and so on. Think I'm gonna go play a new save and experiment with this idea; when I come back maybe someone else will have an opinion on this.

MyDog
  • MyDog

FC BARCELONA

• Members

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:36 PM

It sounds interesting but even if it happened then those who played he game wouldn't find it very interesting.

huevos_benedicto_180
  • huevos_benedicto_180

Spring 2013

• Members

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:41 PM

No, that would be terrible.

Why can't games be left as games? The cinematics and voice acting are all now good enough to be on a par with TV/Film, so there really is no point (as opposed to 10 years ago when there was a legitimate reason).

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:19 AM

No bad idea.

The prents would hate it (even though there's enough filth on TV already), it would teach the children bad things/habits.

It's already bad enough as it is that we learned it, it would only make society even worse.

Senex Iunior
  • Senex Iunior

Living in Vice Point since 2002

• Members

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:16 AM

Ron Howard long ago ensured there will never be a Grand Theft Auto film. xP

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:37 AM

It would HAVE to be done properly. If they stuffed it up a lot of people would stop playing GTA IMO.

Fuc-tuo
  • Fuc-tuo

we're bouncing now?

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:29 PM

drive is about as close as you will get with a GTA movie

pavelsoft
  • pavelsoft

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:47 PM

GTA movie?
i have godfather movie all series.

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:00 PM

@akavari112;"As I play through the story, I frequently envision GTAIV playing out as a set of chapters parallel to seasons in a TV show, and I wonder how it would fair as a crime series similar to what we've seen in the past years (Breaking Bad, Sopranos, The Wire, etc.)."

Dan Houser;I didn’t watch much Sopranos, because it was too similar to what we were doing. The same with The Wire and Sons of Anarchy. Everyone steals from everywhere, but you want to be bringing in random and abstract ideas from different sources, rather than something that’s treading over the exact same ground that you’re treading over.

@akavari112;GTAIV would be the best option to recreate because it has a realistic story and developed characters. Each episode would represent say 2-3 missions worth of events. For example, the pilot has Niko jumping ship in Liberty and helping Roman deal with his Albanian loan sharks. The rest of the first season leads up to his association with Mikhail Faustin, ending with his assassination and Dimitri's betrayal. The second season follows with Elizabeta up to the UL Paper conspiracy, and so on. Think I'm gonna go play a new save and experiment with this idea; when I come back maybe someone else will have an opinion on this.

Dan Houser;I think in general what they’ve done with those long-form TV shows in the last 10, 12 years has made them far more interesting a storytelling medium than movies. You have the short story of the episode, and the long story of the season, and the even longer story of the whole five, ten seasons, whatever it is. I think it’s an amazing form of storytelling — putting you in a world, and letting you learn about a character — that probably is quite close to what we’re doing in the games, in some ways. The games, the length they are, are more akin to a season of a TV show than a single movie.

Every GTA is a serie by itself, R* doesn´t needs to do a serie to tell a story, all the stories are included in the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users