» «
Photo

[REL] LCS PSP & PS2 Debug Menu

41 replies to this topic
SILENT_Pavel
  • SILENT_Pavel

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:48 AM Edited by SILENT_Pavel, 24 January 2013 - 05:01 PM.

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
Debug Menu

DOWNLOAD
mirror#1mirror#2
mirror#3

Credits: Dageron (this lcs hack), SILENT_Pavel (test, ect)
Thanks: Lego (vcs psp hack), SilentPL (vcs ps2 hack), City_Poke912 (vc mobile debug)

Installation:
1. Get legal dump of your DVD/UMD of any LCS, file will work fine with:
  • PSP: ULUS-10041, ULES-00151, ULJM-05255.
  • PS2: SLUS-21423, SLES-54135, SLES-54136, SLPM-66851, SLPM-55038.
  • PSVita/NGP: with any exploit and use with your old UMD backup ISO, tested, working.
2. Replace file "MAIN.SCM" in "DATA" folder with UMDGen or Apache2/3.
(with Apache no need to rebuild iso, only for ps2)
3. Start new game.
(on psp you can't load any usual save data, no fix for now, sorry)

In archive you can find many MAIN.SCM's, there is discription for it:
  • base
    user posted image
    HOLD R1 ...
       + /\ + LEFT = choice of clothing
       + O + DOWN = start debug menu select
           LEFT, RIGHT = navigation     
           /\ = exit
           X = activate
               Toggle Player Coordinates                
                   * nothing (?)
               Level Skip Menu
                   * can't use when on missions
                   Analog: UP, DOWN = select character
                   Analog: LEFT, RIGHT = select mission
                   L, R = select island        
                   X = teleport and start selected mission right now
                   /\ - exit
    HOLD L1 ...
       + DOWN = Cheat mode ON - OFF
                   HOLD L1 + Select - city traffic will off.
       + LEFT, RIGHT = select numbers and spawn any vehicle
       + О = Writing coordinates to the file... (?)

• animation viewer + base
    user posted image
    Left D-pad - previous animation
    Right D-pad - next animation
    X - play selected animation
    /\ - exit
       There is no fixed display numbers of animations on screen,
       so select it in "blind mode", it's like ~50 pieces

• building viewer + base
    user posted image
    Analog - fly around building on all axes
    Right D-pad - next building
    Left D-pad - previous building
    O - swap to interior/exterior
    /\ - exit
       There is a lot of hidden futures in this debug.
       Interior car camera -  just exit from building view and don't walk too far from spawn place,
       get in any car with hight top and smash windshield of car for better view and press L1.
       Plus hold L1 + Analog move for free interior view.
       And all bikes, boats, helys, even trains have not normal camera after exiting of building viewer.
       If you want to disable not normal camera at all - just fly/drive far away from spawn area
       and it's will disable before you will select new game.
       Another strange bug can happen when you will try to load other town without loading screen,
       world will not load right and on all screen will appear many wierd glitches.

• character viewer + base
    user posted image
    Left D-pad - previous ped
    Right D-pad - next ped
    /\ - exit
       Some peds are unstable, game may fully freeze randomly.

• little italy teleport + base
    user posted image
    Will replace "New Game" with little italy teleport.
    You can jump down on top of underground tunnel,
    just for fun, no special reason.

• staunton ferry port teleport + base
    user posted image
    Will replace "New Game" with ferry in staunton ferry port teleport
    nothing special, just if you hate walk out safe house after load your save.
CAUTION :
* You can use ONLY ONE main.scm in once! I mean, you need to choose what functionality you want from debug menu and rebuild ISO backup with only one of all debugs. This happend for technical reason, we can't activate all func. in one file, so you need to swap them from times to times.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:38 PM

On ps2? Awesome. Too bad we need a modded PS2 or modded backwards compatible PS3 to use it.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:18 PM Edited by nkjellman, 17 August 2012 - 02:35 AM.

Looks good. But I got two concerns.
1. Do we have to remove our save games? My best bet is yes.
2. Is there any possible way I could install this on the PS Vita?

Edit: As saves probably won't work here is my recommendation. If you live in the US and play the game on the US version, get an ISO for Europe for the mod, and if you live in Europe and have all your saves for the Europe version, get a US ISO for the mod.

But do you have a debug menu like this for Vice City Stories? If so when will you release it?

SILENT_Pavel
  • SILENT_Pavel

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 16:38)
On ps2? Awesome. Too bad we need a modded PS2 or modded backwards compatible PS3 to use it.

Not really, like always you can use "Swap Magic" on your non-modded ps2 (or any services like that).

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 21:18)

1. Do we have to remove our save games? My best bet is yes.
2. Is there any possible way I could install this on the PS Vita?
But do you have a debug menu like this for Vice City Stories? If so when will you release it?
  • Don't actually understand your question. Game will load any native save (like always EU and US, even if DVD/UMD is modded) but for starting Debug game mode you need to start new game, no need to delete any saves, just click new game any time. Then if you want to save, you need to select any mission before, or you can't enter in any house.
  • I don't have Vita, maybe there is some way to modify UMD ISO, you need just replace one file in ISO, that's all.
  • We don't have complete debug hack for VCS right now, but we will. http://www.gtaforums...showuser=474816 - he have it right now.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:06 AM Edited by nkjellman, 18 August 2012 - 06:10 AM.

Oh ok. Seems weird, but from what I remember from changing main.scm's from GTA III, VC, SA, and VCS saves don't work.

Note: I enabled Player Cords, and my PSP froze. I know you said nothing happens, but I missed that and didn't see it till after. But instead of nothing, I froze.

However, do you know of any other functions the menu has? Also I'm wondering if it may be possible for you to code a script where when you press down on the d-pad, you crouch. I know there is an animation for it. But make sure though it only works when your not aiming otherwise it will interfere with free aim.

Edit: What if I save my game and transfer the save to my Vita? Is there a chance the save will tell the game to be in Debug mode? Or will it crash? Just asking as Debug mode seems to already be in the game, but is disabled.

SILENT_Pavel
  • SILENT_Pavel

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:23 AM Edited by SILENT_Pavel, 18 August 2012 - 03:29 PM.

Oh ok. Seems weird, but from what I remember from changing main.scm's from GTA III, VC, SA, and VCS saves don't work.

III, VC, SA - have other game engine, then VCS & LCS. With LCS Debug on PSP or PS2 any version of the game saves works perfectly for me and some other testers... for VCS i have some experience with MAIN.SCM replace (but it's not debug) and saves works anyway. What modification of "main" you tested and can't save? I don't see anything public, maybe it's just incorrect main.csm invalid file you tryed to replace?
Note: I enabled Player Cords, and my PSP froze.

I don't recommended use anything except known debug func, those works fine.
However, do you know of any other functions the menu has? Also I'm wondering if it may be possible for you to code a script where when you press down on the d-pad, you crouch. I know there is an animation for it. But make sure though it only works when your not aiming otherwise it will interfere with free aim.

Yes, there is more debug futures, but for now we can't unlock it, maybe we will soon. About scripting don't actually know, you can ask him: http://www.gtaforums...showuser=454061
Vita

I don't know anything about Vita and how psp emu works, sorry. I can say only one thing: if you can start modded iso on Vita, then you can have normal debug menu with correct save i guess.

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:29 PM

Not sure how LCS debug is activated, but activating of VCS debug doesn't change the main.scm size. That's the reason it doesn't crash when using old saves (better yet, it wouldn't crash in III, VC and SA neither).

SILENT_Pavel
  • SILENT_Pavel

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:28 PM

@SilentPL
Yep, with lcs all the same, size are original.
But anyway, do you plan to release VCS debug menu or totally not?

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (SILENT_Pavel @ Saturday, Aug 18 2012, 18:28)

I might release it, but some menu entries just crash the game/don't work (R* removed the opcodes and I can't do NOTHING aout it), "cheat mode" has a keypress, but apparently doesn't work too.
If I'll find out what to do with broken menu entries, I might relesase PSP and PS2 main.scm + PCSX2 savestate (no need to mess with the ISO this way).

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:06 PM Edited by nkjellman, 19 August 2012 - 12:43 AM.

QUOTE (SilentPL @ Saturday, Aug 18 2012, 21:35)
QUOTE (SILENT_Pavel @ Saturday, Aug 18 2012, 18:28)

I might release it, but some menu entries just crash the game/don't work (R* removed the opcodes and I can't do NOTHING aout it), "cheat mode" has a keypress, but apparently doesn't work too.
If I'll find out what to do with broken menu entries, I might relesase PSP and PS2 main.scm + PCSX2 savestate (no need to mess with the ISO this way).

Wait you can do it via save game? Hopefully I can get it working on my Vita via save game.

Edit: Save state not save game lol.

Edit: Still tried it. It started a new game and froze when I tried to load the save. LCS seems to know when the main.scm is incompatible and if it is, it starts a new game. Where as VCS crashed when I used the PSP2 mod.

Guess I have to work out a different way to get it on my Vita. At least I have a CFW PSP to do it with, but it would be much more convenient for me to have it on my Vita as its the current portable game system.

Edit: By any chance do any of you guys know how to raze the height limit for aircraft on LCS and/or VCS? Its annoyingly low.

SILENT_Pavel
  • SILENT_Pavel

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:26 AM

QUOTE ("nkjellman")
Edit: Still tried it. It started a new game and froze when I tried to load the save. LCS seems to know when the main.scm is incompatible and if it is, it starts a new game. Where as VCS crashed when I used the PSP2 mod.

Listen, i don't understand on what platform you tried to start modded game? Only on Vita?
I mean you writing that you game will freeze on any func of debug? That's all wierd, you sure that you do not make a mistake with the installation?
Plus can you give me details of how you tried to set the edited ISO to vita? And with your usual psp ctw all working, right? Maybe i can help with this info.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (SILENT_Pavel @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 10:26)
QUOTE ("nkjellman")

Listen, i don't understand on what platform you tried to start modded game? Only on Vita?
I mean you writing that you game will freeze on any func of debug? That's all wierd, you sure that you do not make a mistake with the installation?
Plus can you give me details of how you tried to set the edited ISO to vita? And with your usual psp ctw all working, right? Maybe i can help with this info.

No it works on my PSP. The game automatically starts new and if I load an incompatible save I freeze. I'm also saying I want the mod on Vita.

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:55 PM

LCS PS2 main is actually bigger than LCS PSP main. That's probably the reason of crashing.

SILENT_Pavel
  • SILENT_Pavel

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:38 PM Edited by SILENT_Pavel, 19 August 2012 - 08:40 PM.

automatically starts new and if I load an incompatible save I freeze

Okay, do you rebuild UMD ISO after file replace? Do you use compression *.cso?
Try to start new game, with Debug mode load any misson, go to house and save then turn off psp, restart and try to load saved game.

@SilentPL
Do you have crashes too? I mean for me both version US, EU on PSP and PS2 working perfectly with saves and others things...

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:09 PM Edited by nkjellman, 19 August 2012 - 09:18 PM.

QUOTE (SILENT_Pavel @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 20:38)
automatically starts new and if I load an incompatible save I freeze

Okay, do you rebuild UMD ISO after file replace? Do you use compression *.cso?
Try to start new game, with Debug mode load any misson, go to house and save then turn off psp, restart and try to load saved game.

@SilentPL
Do you have crashes too? I mean for me both version US, EU on PSP and PS2 working perfectly with saves and others things...

Your not understanding me.
-If I load a debug save on normal scm, I crash.
-If I load a normal save on debug scm, I crash.

However when I first start the game on a save from the opposite scm it starts a new game but it seems that the game settings carry over.

None of these issues are preventing me from using the mod.

But as you don't crash when you load saves from a different scm, I have a favor to ask you. When you load a debug save on the normal scm, do you have acess to the debug menu? If yes, could you send me a debug save for the PSP US version so I can transfer it to my Vita?

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (SILENT_Pavel @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 22:38)
@SilentPL

I don't have LCS to test.

SILENT_Pavel
  • SILENT_Pavel

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:32 PM Edited by SILENT_Pavel, 20 August 2012 - 08:43 PM.

Okay, so, i have some results of testing.

CODE
Sizes:
PSP ULUS-10041 - 1339612
PS2 SLUS-21423 - 1345827
Debug Main     - 1345827

In any version of PS2 - you can absolutely free to save and load any game from any modded/original ISO with no problem.

In any PSP version you can't do that, cos file size of "MAIN.SCM" little bit more then original, yes like SilentPL said. But we can fixed it later.

QUOTE ("nkjellman")
When you load a debug save on the normal scm, do you have acess to the debug menu? If yes, could you send me a debug save for the PSP US version so I can transfer it to my Vita?

Anyway why we need to load saves from original PSP iso, if we can start any mission, have any vehicle and any clothes in any time? If you want to enable debug WITHOUT modding iso file with save files or some kind of CheatDevice - it's totally impossible! If you want to enable Debug on vita - there is only one way - you need to found way how to start modded iso on Vita. And if you have any saves from original non-modded iso - backup and delete it. And don't try to load DEBUG save from original iso on CFW PSP. This bug will be fixed later.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:51 PM

Ok. Darn it. I was hoping that it would be tagged in the save that debug mod is enabled so I can use it on my Vita. At least I can still enjoy it on my CFW PSP.

But when the save is incompatible with the scm, the game starts a new game. (Wish GTA VCS, and GTA IV did the same.) However control, audio, and display settings from the save carry over.

Maxaxle
  • Maxaxle

Used Car Acquisition Technician

• Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:22 AM

Having a lot of fun with this on PSP, thanks! biggrin.gif

SILENT_Pavel
  • SILENT_Pavel

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE (Maxaxle @ Friday, Aug 24 2012, 03:22)
Having a lot of fun with this on PSP, thanks! biggrin.gif

I'm glad you happy with that. Will be cool if you post some random screens or video with interesting finds and glitches. smile.gif

SILENT_Pavel
  • SILENT_Pavel

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:41 PM

Will be some update, new func. unlocked, now testing it, screens:
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

* Cut scene viewer
* Building viewer
* Models viewer

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:37 AM Edited by nkjellman, 27 August 2012 - 01:01 AM.

Will you also add the VCN News Mavrick to the vehicle spawner?
Also what about an interior teliporter so you can teliport into any interior from the game, including cutscene interiors.

But I have noticed all the Cheat Device functions stayed working with this mod added. I remember the PS2P mod made some of the VCS cheat device functions not work.

However I have noticed you seem to know a lot about Stories modding. So I want to ask you a few other things. I may sound like a noob here.
-In the PSP ISO I noticed that there were two folders that had prx files in them. Say I add the cheat device.prx to one or both of the folders. Would that allow the cheat device to be run from the ISO? If yes, it may allow the cheat device to work better on newer CFW's. People hacked it, but the Cheat Device doesn't function 100% of the time. I can tell its quickly turns on and off repetitively as the menu flashes, and this has weakened some features like Rocket Boost, Super Jump, ect.
-In GTA VC on PC, I always hacked the aircraft height limit because the default one SUCKS. Its annoyingly low. Do you think you may know how to hack the height limit for LCS and/or VCS?
-VCS and LCS run on an identical engine. Is there any chance I'm able to move LCS models to VCS, or VCS models to LCS? Maybe peds and cars can, but is there a chance the map can be moved over too? It would be cool to have the LCS map on VCS, so you can enjoy the VCS exclusive features in LC like swimming, ect.
-With the texture editor is it possible to edit the map textures as well? Some map texture ideas I have in mind is a snow mod for LCS to go along with the snow weather it has. Another idea is to import the higher resolution GTA III textures to LCS, and the higher resolution VC textures to VCS. (May even be able to use Xbox textures for those.)
-A member of the VCS PC Edition team posted that there were timecyc values somewhere in the files for VCS that he ported to SA for his mod. For LCS and VCS is it possible for me to port VCS graphics to LCS, or LCS to VCS? PSP graphics to PS2, or PS2 to PSP? GTA III timecyc values to LCS/GTA VC timecyc valuses to VCS?

Sorry if I sound like a total noob here. I know somewhat about Renderware modding (not very much), but know more with Rage modding.

SILENT_Pavel
  • SILENT_Pavel

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:37 PM Edited by SILENT_Pavel, 27 August 2012 - 07:41 PM.

@nkjellman
Will you also add the VCN News Mavrick to the vehicle spawner?

No, we can't do this. But if you use PS2 CodeBreaker US version, you can do replace trashmaster with VCS Mav code (for psp simply use cheatdevice for this):
CODE
Enable Code (Must Be On)
B4336FA9 4DFEFB79
46176306 46F33A4A
65938D17 1B079807
A8EEB109 CFAE0903

Press Select For Car Codes -> VCN Helicopter
FB04335A B67965E5
419E7189 27920748
99723AD0 BFF9EBA6
B75619D0 A7EC0F3B

-In the PSP ISO I noticed that there were two folders that had prx files in them. Say I add the cheat device.prx to one or both of the folders. Would that allow the cheat device to be run from the ISO? If yes, it may allow the cheat device to work better on newer CFW's. People hacked it, but the Cheat Device doesn't function 100% of the time. I can tell its quickly turns on and off repetitively as the menu flashes, and this has weakened some features like Rocket Boost, Super Jump, ect.

Interesting observation, i never tryed to do this replace/mod with *.prx. About support of new CTW, it's not possible, i mean with this method no.
UPD: just now testing with adding cheatdevice.prx into psp iso - totally fail - game loading normal, but nothing happend, anyway i will do some reserch in this way.
-In GTA VC on PC, I always hacked the aircraft height limit because the default one SUCKS. Its annoyingly low. Do you think you may know how to hack the height limit for LCS and/or VCS?

Maybe it's possible, but for now nothing we have with that.
-VCS and LCS run on an identical engine. Is there any chance I'm able to move LCS models to VCS, or VCS models to LCS? Maybe peds and cars can, but is there a chance the map can be moved over too? It would be cool to have the LCS map on VCS, so you can enjoy the VCS exclusive features in LC like swimming, ect.

The question is right what i like! And YES! It's possible (not fully, but anyway so-so works)!! Here's my early alpha tests results:
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

But it's not perfect works and not easy, there tons of cautions you'll meet, anyway my instruction in Russian about how to replace, use google-translation, i will translate it later:

• через YAIE: http://gtamodding.ru/wiki/YAIE
  • находим машину ДЛЯ замены и машину КОТОРОЙ будем заменять, правила таковы: заменять машину можно только той, которая будет МЕНЬШЕ по размеру в байтах, иначе после сборки игра зависнет. (чем больше сложных круглых элементов в машине тем больше полигонов и соответственно веса). Можно заменять разнодверные машины это не принципиально.
  • заменять надо только через фунцию REPLACE соответственно заменяемые файлы нужно переименовать под те, которые надо заменить,
  • плюс надо знать что файлы с расширением .chk это текстуры, их можно прочитать этим: http://www.dageron.com/?page_id=1747
  • файлы с расширением .mdl это модели, импортировать в макс через: http://www.gtagarage...how.php?id=3715
  • НЕ нужно пересобирать архив после РЕПЛЕЙСА, нужно просто закрыть его и заменить без апдейта TOC'а в ISOшке по Apache3, который достать можно тут: http://gtamodding.ru...che3Preview.rar

And some videos:

-With the texture editor is it possible to edit the map textures as well? Some map texture ideas I have in mind is a snow mod for LCS to go along with the snow weather it has. Another idea is to import the higher resolution GTA III textures to LCS, and the higher resolution VC textures to VCS. (May even be able to use Xbox textures for those.)

About map texture surface - actually yes, but for public version it's will added later, but will be anyway.
About higher resolution - totally not possible and never will be.
-A member of the VCS PC Edition team posted that there were timecyc values somewhere in the files for VCS that he ported to SA for his mod. For LCS and VCS is it possible for me to port VCS graphics to LCS, or LCS to VCS? PSP graphics to PS2, or PS2 to PSP? GTA III timecyc values to LCS/GTA VC timecyc valuses to VCS?

Actually it's maybe possible if size of the timecyc SAME in VCS and LCS, i don't know, cos don't tried it yet.
Sorry if I sound like a total noob here. I know somewhat about Renderware modding (not very much), but know more with Rage modding.

Do not apologize. In any case, it is fine that you are at all interested in that.
_____
p.s. sry for maybe bad en.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:29 PM

Sounds great.

It would be cool if we could move LC out of LCS and put it in VCS so we can enjoy it with the new VCS features.

But could you do a video of the features that will be in the next release?

Gabriel_175
  • Gabriel_175

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:54 AM

How much progress is with the main.scm of the game?Can it make extra features like new safehouse with garage,garage that fix destroyed vehicles on LCS PS2 and VCS?

Can some parts from VCS PS2 main.scm can be imported to the PSP like better garage properties(vehicles disappearing from the garage),side missions,spawn vehicles like the News Maverick and fix the garage problem of eating destroyed special vehicles?

taxik007
  • taxik007

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

Guys! VERY THANKS! Thanks to all who developed tools like GTA Texture Viewer and this debug menu (thx to Dageron, silent_pavel and lego). I thought PSP is dead, but with you guys its going good ! Thanks and keep working!

cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif smile.gif

SILENT_Pavel
  • SILENT_Pavel

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:15 AM

Some update screens of new unlocked debug func.
plus interesting bug: when you spawn interior with building viewer, press L1 and will enable native game in-car camera view. (works better, then one old from cheatdevice)

user posted imageuser posted image

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:21 AM

Wow! I love that camera's view! Would be cool to try it)

SILENT_Pavel
  • SILENT_Pavel

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:25 AM Edited by SILENT_Pavel, 24 October 2012 - 01:03 AM.

Found new Debug menu functionality!
It's included in this public release already, so you will need:
CODE

HOLD L1 + Down - turning cheat mode on, then:
HOLD L1 + Select - city traffic will off, no cars or peds on the streets.

user posted image
user posted image

Vicecitystories
  • Vicecitystories

Cheat Maker

• Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (SILENT_Pavel @ Sunday, Aug 26 2012, 22:41)
Will be some update, new func. unlocked, now testing it, screens:
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

* Cut scene viewer
* Building viewer
* Models viewer

when will this be released?!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users