Quantcast

» «
Photo

Fix your god damn poll icons

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic
Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:08 AM

Seriously, a poll topic has been marked as unread 3 times even though I've clicked into that topic twice and there have been no new replies. Hell, it even marks them as unread when I have the last post in them, which I think is the forum implying I didn't read my own post. Can you fix this please? It's getting annoying.

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:20 AM

Umm, I'm not sure about this, but I believe that polls are marked as un-read after there was a new vote, not a new post. Besides, if you want to know when there are new posts in the topic and not votes, look for this icon user posted image which should appear before the word "Poll"

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:59 AM

They're not broken, they work how they are meant to.

For example, go to this page and scroll down to the bottom. There, it has a key for what each logo means and it says that a bright green envelope means a poll with new votes.

Luke
  • Luke

suckmyrocket

• None

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Tuesday, Aug 14 2012, 09:08)
It's getting annoying.

Step away from the computer. You need a break.

Original Light
  • Original Light

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:32 PM

It happens to me also, I guess it's normal, and something we'll have to live with. As I don't think this forum is really interested in changing it.

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:33 PM

It's supposed to happen. In fact it's usefull as it allows you to know when new votes have been cast. Otherwise you would have to check the poll everyday and calculate the change to see if any new votes have been added, however this feature does it for you.

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

OG

• United-States

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (miromiro @ Tuesday, Aug 14 2012, 03:20)
Umm, I'm not sure about this, but I believe that polls are marked as un-read after there was a new vote, not a new post. Besides, if you want to know when there are new posts in the topic and not votes, look for this icon user posted image which should appear before the word "Poll"

Looks like we have ourselves a winner.

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Tuesday, Aug 14 2012, 02:08)
Seriously, a poll topic has been marked as unread 3 times even though I've clicked into that topic twice and there have been no new replies. Hell, it even marks them as unread when I have the last post in them, which I think is the forum implying I didn't read my own post. Can you fix this please? It's getting annoying.

firstworldproblems.txt

Fix your god damn poll icons

f*ck you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users