Photo

Iron Maiden

14 replies to this topic
Commander Rofl
  • Commander Rofl

"Per Ardua Ad Astra"

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:15 PM Edited by Rofl50, 13 August 2012 - 06:01 PM.

user posted image

"Iron Maiden are an English heavy metal band from Leyton in east London, formed in 1975 by bassist and primary songwriter Steve Harris. Since their inception, the band's discography has grown to include a total of thirty-six albums: fifteen studio albums; ten live albums; four EPs; and seven compilations.
Pioneers of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal, Iron Maiden achieved success during the early 1980s. After several line-up changes, the band went on to release a series of U.S.
and UK platinum and gold albums, including 1982's The Number of the Beast, 1983's Piece of Mind, 1984's Powerslave, 1985's live release Live After Death, 1986's Somewhere in Time and 1988's Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. Since the return of lead vocalist Bruce Dickinson and guitarist Adrian Smith in 1999, the band have undergone a resurgence in popularity,[1]
with their latest studio offering, The Final Frontier, peaking at No. 1 in 28 different countries[2] and receiving widespread critical acclaim.[3]
Considered one of the most successful heavy metal bands in history, Iron Maiden have reportedly sold over 85 million records worldwide[4] with little radio or television support.[5] The band won the Ivor Novello Award for international achievement in 2002,[6] and were also inducted into the Hollywood RockWalk in Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, California during their United States tour in 2005.[7] As of August 2011, the band have played almost 2000 live shows throughout their career.
For the past 30 years, the band have been supported by their famous mascot, "Eddie", who has appeared on almost all of their album and single covers, as well as in their live shows."

Source Wikipedia

I myself Think their artwork is Absolutely amazing, Heres a few of my favorites.

user posted image

user posted image

Heres also A few of my favorite I.M Song's

What's your favorite songs? What's your favorite artwork? Maybe you have some unheard news?

Share it all here
devil.gif

headmetalbanger
  • headmetalbanger

?

• BUSTED!
  • Unknown

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:55 AM

Uhm, the best british band ever, I like more than Judas Priest, anyway...

I don't have only albums, it's hard, I like '80 - '90 era and Blaze (f*cking amazing vocalist, I love this man, the people don't respect this)

But so, my albums are (disorder): 'Iron Maiden', 'Piece of Mind' and 'Powerslave', but I like too 'Somewhere in Time' and 'The Number of the Beast', It's hard only one.

Songs: 'Still Life', 'To Tame a Land', meh, is really hard tounge2.gif , the best band ever.

Commander Rofl
  • Commander Rofl

"Per Ardua Ad Astra"

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (headmetalbanger @ Tuesday, Aug 14 2012, 08:55)
Uhm, the best british band ever, I like more than Judas Priest, anyway...

I don't have only albums, it's hard, I like '80 - '90 era and Blaze (f*cking amazing vocalist, I love this man, the people don't respect this)

But so, my albums are (disorder): 'Iron Maiden', 'Piece of Mind' and 'Powerslave', but I like too 'Somewhere in Time' and 'The Number of the Beast', It's hard only one.

Songs: 'Still Life', 'To Tame a Land', meh, is really hard tounge2.gif , the best band ever.

I know what you mean! Blaze is a completely underrated Vocalist! And Powerslave is alsoone of my favorite albums as is number of the beast. And Brave new world also!

Greatshark
  • Greatshark

Russian Legionnaire

• Members

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:23 AM

Luna Fortuna
  • Luna Fortuna

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:34 PM

I used to like them, a lot but the sameness of the 80's albums got to me and I found them boring. The new albums however are awesome, from brave new world to final frontier. The songwriting is so much more interesting and the gallops are at a minimum which is good.

Commander Rofl
  • Commander Rofl

"Per Ardua Ad Astra"

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (Personguy @ Saturday, Aug 18 2012, 16:34)
I used to like them, a lot but the sameness of the 80's albums got to me and I found them boring. The new albums however are awesome, from brave new world to final frontier. The songwriting is so much more interesting and the gallops are at a minimum which is good.

I'm hearing ya, but you got to give it to some of the 80's classics like prowler, run to the hills, killers, remember tomorrow, the prisoner and many more like them.

headmetalbanger
  • headmetalbanger

?

• BUSTED!
  • Unknown

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:50 AM

For my the last album is boring and the worst album ever, AMOLAD is good and follow near Brave New World, but man the old Iron Maiden stuff for me is the best era and many fans, but well now "Seventh Son..." heard again the songs in live is a real dream!, so I respect many good opinions, the music of Heavy Metal is amazing.

Commander Rofl
  • Commander Rofl

"Per Ardua Ad Astra"

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE (headmetalbanger @ Monday, Aug 27 2012, 04:50)
For my the last album is boring and the worst album ever, AMOLAD is good and follow near Brave New World, but man the old Iron Maiden stuff for me is the best era and many fans, but well now "Seventh Son..." heard again the songs in live is a real dream!, so I respect many good opinions, the music of Heavy Metal is amazing.

couldn't have said it better myself.

Commander Rofl
  • Commander Rofl

"Per Ardua Ad Astra"

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:26 PM

Iron Maiden Will be one of the head line up's at Download in June 2013. I will Definitely be going! Who's with me? biggrin.gif

headmetalbanger
  • headmetalbanger

?

• BUSTED!
  • Unknown

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:19 PM Edited by headmetalbanger, 07 March 2013 - 02:13 AM.

-Edit-

Commander Rofl
  • Commander Rofl

"Per Ardua Ad Astra"

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:42 PM

The Trooper is definetly my favorite Iron Maiden song. I love every part in that song.

Groovy
  • Groovy

General

• The Connection

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:20 AM

One of those kind of "gateway" metal bands that got me into metal in the first place that now bore the ever loving piss out of me.

Bellic 4 life
  • Bellic 4 life

Follower of Asatru

• Members

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:29 AM

The "Trooper" version of Eddie is cool, but I prefer this version for some reason:

user posted image

The cover for the "Passchendaele" single.

Commander Rofl
  • Commander Rofl

"Per Ardua Ad Astra"

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE (Bellic 4 life @ Wednesday, Mar 13 2013, 00:29)
The "Trooper" version of Eddie is cool, but I prefer this version for some reason:

user posted image

The cover for the "Passchendaele" single.

I think that makes him look more human. The trooper version is my favorite too, although this would be my second favorite version of Eddie.

user posted image

It's another take on the charge of the light brigade theme from the song The Trooper.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users