» «
Photo

World Record?

85 replies to this topic
IvoryX
  • IvoryX

My stories are your fun.

• Members

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:02 PM Edited by IvoryX, 15 September 2012 - 10:08 PM.

GRAND THEFT AUTO III storyline marathon

QUOTE (Original post)
Hi I'm just wondering if it's somewhere on youtube (or elsewhere) a world record in beating the storyline (from first cutscene to credits) in lowest time. I think a good player can beat it in 30 minutes or less with skipping cutscenes and maybe ignoring some missions which will disappear after some other mission is done.

Well I'm happy because some of you accepted this as a challenge, anyone can join but when you finish, make a reply here with your statistics, don't forget your timewatch. biggrin.gif

RULES

- Start the timer when New Game is loaded and the cutscene starts, Stop the timer when final credits start to roll
- a Player can do this marathon on any platform (PC,PS2,Xbox,Mobile device), it only needs to be said in player's post
- skipping cutscenes is recommended for saving about 25 minutes
- let us know about any mission failed, wasted, busted issue
- after credits fades off, take a screenshot/photo of your statistics, there's no timer but the game counts the days passed so we can take it as a proof

SCOREBOARD

#PlayerTimePlatformNotesMore info
1Arsen Vitiuk01:57:51PS2w/ Ultimate Starter Save FileLink
2mr6plow902:04:24PC
-
Link
3IvoryX02:07:03PC
/w Ultimate Starter Save File
Link

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

Oceans in the back, Porsches in the front

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (IvoryX @ Monday, Aug 13 2012, 17:02)
Hi I'm just wondering if it's somewhere on youtube (or elsewhere) a world record in beating the storyline (from first cutscene to credits) in lowest time. I think a good player can beat it in 30 minutes or less with skipping cutscenes and maybe ignoring some missions which will disappear after some other mission is done.

Challenge accepted.

Los Santos Pedestrian
  • Los Santos Pedestrian

Then as it was, but again it will be

• Members

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

I'm sure it's impossible to beat it in less than an hour and a half. Here's the PS2 version speed run for example:

The PC version run isn't up anymore, but it was faster by six minutes.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:31 PM Edited by Andreaz1, 13 August 2012 - 06:34 PM.

You know this is the III forum and not the VC one? wink.gif I still doubt III being beatable that quickly though.

That video has been blocked anyway, at least here.

Los Santos Pedestrian
  • Los Santos Pedestrian

Then as it was, but again it will be

• Members

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (Andreaz1 @ Monday, Aug 13 2012, 13:31)
You know this is the III forum and not the VC one? wink.gif I still doubt III being beatable that quickly though.

That video has been blocked anyway, at least here.

Oh whoops, thought I was in the VC forum. The entire III speedrun can be found here, finished in 1 hour, 14 minutes and 31 seconds.

IvoryX
  • IvoryX

My stories are your fun.

• Members

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:40 PM

@LS Pedestrian: Thanks for the link.

@mr6plow9: Nice to see someone gets this as a challenge, I might try it and upload it later when I get better PC turn.gif

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:15 PM

Two words. Arsen Vitiuk. lol.gif

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:17 PM

Hm, maybe I'll do a speedrun of this game, after all, it's much more linear than Vice City, therefor much easier to speed run.
But I would do it in single-segment, not like the guy at SDA, just to prove I'm that awesome. And of course I would need to be TOTALLY bored, which I'm not.

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

Oceans in the back, Porsches in the front

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:42 PM

Just finished, it was actually really fun to blaze through all the necessary missions for once instead of taking my time (which I always do). The big downside is that I didn't realize that GTA III does not keep a timer in the stats, so I don't know my exact time. sad.gif It doesn't really matter though, I was nowhere near the record. My guesstimate is at least 3 hrs 30 mins to 4 hours. I lost a sh*t ton of time doing 'Bait' because for some reason this time around, the Yakuza decided to shoot like Stormtroopers and the Cartel refused to take their aim off me. Took me 5 tries and at least 40 mins. Then I completed S.A.M. but was $70,000 short of 500,000 (due to my foolish purchasing of rockets) so I ended up doing a few stunt jumps in Shoreside Vale to make ends meet. Long story short, I failed miserably, but I will come back at this with a fresh attitude, more strategy, tighter pockets, and a timer.

My stats (only nine in game days? mercie_blink.gif ): http://s788.photobuc...t=speedrun1.jpg

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Monday, Aug 13 2012, 22:15)

My Arse. inlove.gif

IvoryX
  • IvoryX

My stories are your fun.

• Members

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (mr6plow9 @ Monday, Aug 13 2012, 23:42)
Just finished, it was actually really fun to blaze through all the necessary missions for once instead of taking my time (which I always do). The big downside is that I didn't realize that GTA III does not keep a timer in the stats, so I don't know my exact time. sad.gif It doesn't really matter though, I was nowhere near the record. My guesstimate is at least 3 hrs 30 mins to 4 hours. I lost a sh*t ton of time doing 'Bait' because for some reason this time around, the Yakuza decided to shoot like Stormtroopers and the Cartel refused to take their aim off me. Took me 5 tries and at least 40 mins. Then I completed S.A.M. but was $70,000 short of 500,000 (due to my foolish purchasing of rockets) so I ended up doing a few stunt jumps in Shoreside Vale to make ends meet. Long story short, I failed miserably, but I will come back at this with a fresh attitude, more strategy, tighter pockets, and a timer.

My stats (only nine in game days? mercie_blink.gif ): http://s788.photobuc...t=speedrun1.jpg

Nice one icon14.gif I don't know what I was thinking when I said 30 minutes or less mercie_blink.gif

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (ClaudeSpeedRulez @ Tuesday, Aug 14 2012, 08:48)
QUOTE (lzw3 @ Monday, Aug 13 2012, 22:15)

My Arse. inlove.gif

notify.gif For sure, Arsen Vitiuk would have to be one of the best GTA 3 players in the world.

Dingleman
  • Dingleman

SA:LC Mod Leader

• Members

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:23 PM

I did it in about two hours about a year back, dying a couple of times throughout. I think if I really tried I could perhaps get to 1 and a half or possibly less, but I felt rushing it too much kills some of the fun.

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:40 PM

"For sure, Arsen Vitiuk would have to be one of the best"

He is the best chaingame player for sure.
Asslicking your comment is.

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE (Filip454 @ Tuesday, Aug 14 2012, 09:40)

What? Asslicking? Your English makes no sense.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Monday, Aug 13 2012, 18:58)

Brown-nosing, ass-kissing, sucking-up, boot-licking, etc. Different names, same thing. There's nothing wrong with this English, mate. Dude's got a point too.

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE (fireguy109 @ Tuesday, Aug 14 2012, 11:24)
QUOTE (lzw3 @ Monday, Aug 13 2012, 18:58)

Brown-nosing, ass-kissing, sucking-up, boot-licking, etc. Different names, same thing. There's nothing wrong with this English, mate. Dude's got a point too.

Wait, do he thinks I'm sucking up to Arsen? lol.gif There's no denying that he would be one of the greatest GTA 3 players on the forum. You'd have to be crazy to disagree.

Why would I be sucking up? He's on vacation anyway.
dozingoff.gif

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:59 AM Edited by Filip454, 14 August 2012 - 09:14 AM.

"Wait, do he thinks I'm sucking up to Arsen? lol.gif There's no denying that he would be one of the greatest GTA 3 players on the forum. You'd have to be crazy to disagree.

Why would I be sucking up? He's on vacation anyway. dozingoff.gif"

He is the best chaingame player, but not the best player, but normally he is good player. You know, today, after 12 years, nearly everybody can fly dodo, complete missions etc.

Lol with asslick :E

Actually, MR. Plow's record is good. Check him out.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:36 AM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Tuesday, Aug 14 2012, 04:29)
Wait, do he thinks I'm sucking up to Arsen? lol.gif There's no denying that he would be one of the greatest GTA 3 players on the forum. You'd have to be crazy to disagree.

Why would I be sucking up? He's on vacation anyway.
dozingoff.gif

I may be on vacation, but remember: I'm always watching you!

On to the matter itself: yes, I consider myself a professional GTA III player, but even I draw a line here - I'd say 1,5-2 hours would be my time (or up to 2,5 hours without skipping any cutscene). It is impossible to go any faster if you play fair.

There is a way to finish the game faster, possibly even in less than 1 hour - by using the 'Faster Gameplay' cheat and, where possible, the 'Blow Up Vehicles' cheat. This is the only way I can think of.

BTW, there IS a way to know your precise time - through the 'Days Passed In Game' stat. The algorhythm is simple:

1 game day = 24 minutes IRL. Plus the actual time on the game clock upon completion, considering that 1 game minute = 1 second IRL. Minus 4 minutes 30 seconds because the game starts at 04:30 on the game clock. And you will have your time of completion precisely to seconds.

That will give you an idea on how much you spent to finish the storyline.

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:57 AM

"On to the matter itself: yes, I consider myself a professional GTA III player, but even I draw a line here - I'd say 1,5-2 hours would be my time (or up to 2,5 hours without skipping any cutscene). It is impossible to go any faster if you play fair."

See lzw3? Even Arsen said he is professional (because he really is), but not the best...

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE (Filip454 @ Tuesday, Aug 14 2012, 12:57)
...Arsen said he is professional (because he really is), but not the best...

I think it is more than obvious that even the best player could not complete the game in such a short period of time, provided he/she plays with no cheats.

About me being the best: I don't think I'm the ultimate best, but there is a distinct possibility I'm one of the best. Who really knows, eh? Even I can't tell for sure.

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:54 AM

"About me being the best: I don't think I'm the ultimate best, but there is a distinct possibility I'm one of the best. Who really knows, eh? Even I can't tell for sure. "

Absolutely right.

MyDog
  • MyDog

FC BARCELONA

• Members

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

A professional GTA III player? That even exists?

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:59 AM

Believe it or not, it does exist! tounge2.gif

MyDog
  • MyDog

FC BARCELONA

• Members

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

Lol. How much do you get paid for that?

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K14

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:08 PM Edited by _____, 14 August 2012 - 12:11 PM.

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Tuesday, Aug 14 2012, 12:36)
And you will have your time of completion precisely to seconds.

Not by a long shot. Suppose you play for one hour, the game will only record two in-game days (48 real life minutes) and your calculation will be just an approximate, missing by a couple of minutes (12 in this case as an hour is 60 mins).

Edit: Seriously though, none of you is really "one of the best". There are world video game champions who are immensely more skilled than people on this forum.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (_____ @ Tuesday, Aug 14 2012, 15:08)
Not by a long shot. Suppose you play for one hour, the game will only record two in-game days (48 real life minutes) and your calculation will be just an approximate, missing by a couple of minutes (12 in this case as an hour is 60 mins).

Edit: Seriously though, none of you is really "one of the best". There are world video game champions who are immensely more skilled than people on this forum.

Re-read again carefully. My method IS precise if you follow it by every word. That single phrase does not define it.

And what defines the best player? Nobody can tell, you know? Plus, you never actually witnessed every players' gameplay, or, have you?

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K14

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:01 PM

I had mr6plow9's situation in mind and I did miss the part about looking at the game clock before exiting the game.

You would have to play games for years to be one of the best in the world. The idea is that even if you played III for a long time, someone else who has played similar games can be better than you if he played games for more years than you. He might have quicker reflexes or better hand-eye coordination and whatever other skills are required to play a game. There are people out there who have seriously devoted their life to playing video games, they have a career based on that.

lol232
  • lol232

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:03 PM

Challenge accepted, I can't record it though, whenever near a lot of Sirens my FRAPS starts to lag.
One question; Can I skip some missions? I mean, Skipping Last 2 Joey's and Luigi's Missions,
Skipping Two-Faced Tanner, all Kenji's Missions and all Payphone Missions.
I mean, is all I have to do is Finish "The Exchange" as soon as possible?

IvoryX
  • IvoryX

My stories are your fun.

• Members

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:52 PM

Yes, you don't also have to pass last missions for Donald Love and Ray Machowski.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users