sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE (Alenko @ Sunday, Sep 2 2012, 23:11)
I dunno...what do you want me to say? pigs can fly over the moon? Are you high?

You could, I don't know, try reading the forum rules? Perhaps you could contribute something sizeable and on-topic?

Verdant
  • Verdant

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:08 AM

There is a lot of year 7's(first year of high-school for anyone that says it a different way) at my school dating. Rumor going around my school, that a year 7 engaged in anal I was just like what the hell.

Overall, I don't really mind them but they don't really seem to get the whole point of a relationship. Making out is nothing compared to the rumor I mentioned.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:26 AM

QUOTE (GtaOutKast @ Monday, Sep 3 2012, 08:08)
Rumor going around my school, that a year 7 engaged in anal

This is why rumours should be left out of this kind of discussion. Even if they were true, single isolated outliers are hardly an example of a trend.

Alenko
  • Alenko

BEST IN THE WORLD.

• Members

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Monday, Sep 3 2012, 00:47)
QUOTE (Alenko @ Sunday, Sep 2 2012, 23:11)
I dunno...what do you want me to say? pigs can fly over the moon? Are you high?

You could, I don't know, try reading the forum rules? Perhaps you could contribute something sizeable and on-topic?

I did BUUUT it wasn't good enough for you. This is not Russia. dozingoff.gif

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:58 PM

Locked until further notice. This isn't General Chat or the V Forum, I expect people to contribute in a worthwhile way.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:24 AM

Right, open again. Lets see if we can keep the spam out.

GroveStRoamer
  • GroveStRoamer

#FACT

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:02 PM Edited by sivispacem, 10 September 2012 - 04:05 PM.

Im almost 17 and never been on a date in my entire life, I guess im rare biggrin.gif

-User was warned for this post.-

GetThefuckAoutGTA
  • GetThefuckAoutGTA

Odysseus

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:04 AM

QUOTE (BRITLAND @ Sunday, Aug 12 2012, 14:43)
I found this article of 2 primary school students caught making out in a carpark last September
http://www.edvantage...in_carpark.html

But today, kids are longing to have boyfriends and girlfriends. You go onto any primary school playground, and you will find a "couple" holding hands or kissing behind some building and even french kissing when school closes for the day. They are considered cool and very popular by all of the other students because of this "cute" relationship they have with each other.

I used to witness this at my own primary school. It was the talk of the playground. Everyone was shocked to find out that this girl or this guy was "going out" with so and so. I generally tend to be an open-minded person about most things, and I realize that kids at this age are experimenting and attempting to get a peak at adolescence and the world of dating. Yet, I think at this age, dating is overrated and misunderstood, and kids should just stick to being kids.

Whatever happened to the simple pleasures of running around with your friends, games like jump rope, hand clapping games, and tag? It seems instead of looking for fun in these kinds of childhood activities, they are looking in other areas such as dating to occupy and feel good about themselves.

And what do they do as couples anyway? At this age, they do not even understand what dating or a true relationship is. They consider walking around on the playground together and giving each other an occasional phone call or instant message "going out."

I am not trying to sound like an old grump complaining about "kids nowadays," but I do wonder why they have such an interest in it and the effect that it must have on them.

All dating creates at this age is a false sense of maturity. It can also lead to feelings of self-consciousness and an overdone attempt to portray a certain type of appearance and personality to peers. Those dating at this age are bound to overachieve, because it just comes with the territory. If a kid has decided in their mind that he or she is ready to date, then he or she is most likely the kind of person to try much harder than others their age to look a certain way, such as the way they dress or make use of unnecessary and age inappropriate makeup.

I believe that kids are trying too hard to be adults and more mature than they should be at their age level. Yea sure, primary school kids can be very immature, but so what! That's why they are kids! It is a part of who they are at this stage of life. So they should enjoy being immature, enjoy running around with their friends on the playground and having innocent fun. It is about time kids start being kids and leaving the adult stuff up to the adults.

What are your Thoughts?

Agreed cookie.gif

Melchior
  • Melchior

The lights are so bright, but they never blind me

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • China

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:16 AM

QUOTE (GetThef*ckAoutGTA @ Thursday, Jan 3 2013, 15:04)
QUOTE (BRITLAND @ Sunday, Aug 12 2012, 14:43)
I found this article of 2 primary school students caught making out in a carpark last September
http://www.edvantage...in_carpark.html

But today, kids are longing to have boyfriends and girlfriends. You go onto any primary school playground, and you will find a "couple" holding hands or kissing behind some building and even french kissing when school closes for the day. They are considered cool and very popular by all of the other students because of this "cute" relationship they have with each other.

I used to witness this at my own primary school. It was the talk of the playground. Everyone was shocked to find out that this girl or this guy was "going out" with so and so. I generally tend to be an open-minded person about most things, and I realize that kids at this age are experimenting and attempting to get a peak at adolescence and the world of dating. Yet, I think at this age, dating is overrated and misunderstood, and kids should just stick to being kids.

Whatever happened to the simple pleasures of running around with your friends, games like jump rope, hand clapping games, and tag? It seems instead of looking for fun in these kinds of childhood activities, they are looking in other areas such as dating to occupy and feel good about themselves.

And what do they do as couples anyway? At this age, they do not even understand what dating or a true relationship is. They consider walking around on the playground together and giving each other an occasional phone call or instant message "going out."

I am not trying to sound like an old grump complaining about "kids nowadays," but I do wonder why they have such an interest in it and the effect that it must have on them.

All dating creates at this age is a false sense of maturity. It can also lead to feelings of self-consciousness and an overdone attempt to portray a certain type of appearance and personality to peers. Those dating at this age are bound to overachieve, because it just comes with the territory. If a kid has decided in their mind that he or she is ready to date, then he or she is most likely the kind of person to try much harder than others their age to look a certain way, such as the way they dress or make use of unnecessary and age inappropriate makeup.

I believe that kids are trying too hard to be adults and more mature than they should be at their age level. Yea sure, primary school kids can be very immature, but so what! That's why they are kids! It is a part of who they are at this stage of life. So they should enjoy being immature, enjoy running around with their friends on the playground and having innocent fun. It is about time kids start being kids and leaving the adult stuff up to the adults.

What are your Thoughts?

Agreed cookie.gif

Well why do you agree, given that we've established that this is a non-issue?

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:48 AM

I remember having a crush on this one girl when I was in third grade, I really did desire her, and I had that crush through most of third grade. I think young kids are definitely capable of falling in love but I'm not sure they'd be able to hold a relationship, I think that until you mature to the point where you have a good grasp of other peoples feelings you'd probably just make each other unhappy for stupid reasons and the relationship would based mostly on appearance and looking cool for your friends.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:04 AM

Locked due to idiots bumping a dead thread.

GetThef*ckAoutGTA, kindly GetThef*ckAout of Debates and Discussion until you can obey the rules of it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users