Photo

Paranormal talk and other creepy stuff.

150 replies to this topic
Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:36 AM Edited by Valenta, 27 June 2013 - 08:37 AM.

^^^ Here's the story behind this one:
Mrs. Mabel Chinnery was visiting the grave of her mother one day in 1959. She had brought along her camera to take photographs of the gravesite. After snapping a few shots of her mother's gravestone, she took an impromptu photo of her husband, who was waiting alone in the car. At least the Chinnerys thought they were alone.
When the film was developed, the couple was more than surprised to see a figure wearing glasses sitting in the back seat of the car. Mrs. Chinnery immediately recognized the image of her mother – the woman whose grave they had visited on that day. A photographic expert who examined the print determined that the image of the woman was neither a reflection nor a double exposure. "I stake my reputation on the fact that the picture is genuine," he testified.

Very creepy, either way.

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE (DropThaSystem @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 16:46)
QUOTE (Valenta @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 20:24)
user posted image

Took me a while to notice it, but now I wish I didn't.. dozingoff.gif

Does that look like someone kneeling/sitting on the floor behind the railing to anyone else?

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

Are there any creepy photos that are proven to not be manipulated? Because whenever i see a photo i just think "fake"

MIGta
  • MIGta

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE (DropThaSystem @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 06:16)
user posted image

I still haven't seen anything. What am I looking for?

MIGta
  • MIGta

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:29 PM

Ok, sorry, now I see it. So what? Its just someone there looking out the door. Who's to say its anything paranormal?

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (Valenta @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 04:31)
Anyone ever seen this photo?
user posted image

Or this?
user posted image

meh, hoax at first sight...

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (MIGta @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 09:29)
Ok, sorry, now I see it. So what? Its just someone there looking out the door. Who's to say its anything paranormal?

I wouldn't want to be standing in that room by myself...

@nightwalker83: I don't see anything behind the railing.

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (Valenta @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 08:36)
^^^ Here's the story behind this one:
Mrs. Mabel Chinnery was visiting the grave of her mother one day in 1959. She had brought along her camera to take photographs of the gravesite. After snapping a few shots of her mother's gravestone, she took an impromptu photo of her husband, who was waiting alone in the car. At least the Chinnerys thought they were alone.
When the film was developed, the couple was more than surprised to see a figure wearing glasses sitting in the back seat of the car. Mrs. Chinnery immediately recognized the image of her mother – the woman whose grave they had visited on that day. A photographic expert who examined the print determined that the image of the woman was neither a reflection nor a double exposure. "I stake my reputation on the fact that the picture is genuine," he testified.

Very creepy, either way.

bored.gif
Sh*t.
Creeeeepy. dontgetit.gif

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (MIGta @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 13:26)
user posted image

Umm the f*cking demon child with glowing eyes poking his head out of that room to the right near the bottom of the stairs... this was taken in the infamous Amityville Horror house.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (CallTheCoroner @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 19:07)
user posted image

Umm the f*cking demon child with glowing eyes poking his head out of that room to the right near the bottom of the stairs... this was taken in the infamous Amityville Horror house.

The shiny eyes could have been caused by the camera flash. Nothing supernatural.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (RoadRunner71 @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 19:28)
user posted image

The shiny eyes could have been caused by the camera flash. Nothing supernatural.

"Many believe it to be the ghost of John Matthew peering outside their bedroom. The Warrens maintained that there were no children present during the investigation. Even so, they also admitted that the snapshot has not yet been scientifically authenticated at the time."

baguvix_wanrltw
  • baguvix_wanrltw

Cynical, yeah. Bitter, probably.

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:07 PM

Had a car accident recently that could have been fatal had I been a little less lucky. My mother claims to, at that precise time, have had a vision of myself crashing.

Not necessarily paranormal, more a question of quantum entanglement - or plain old bullsh*t. Still, why not.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (RoadRunner71 @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 15:28)
user posted image

Yeah, it could've been someone playing peek-a-boo.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:41 PM

Have you people ever heard of the legend of Polybius?

user posted image

Polybius is an urban legend about a rare arcade game released in 1981. The game was created by a mysterious company called Sinneslöschen (German for "Sense Deletion") and was a puzzle/shoot-'em-up somewhat like Tempest. It was only released in a few suburbs of Portland, Oregon.

It was supposedly very popular, with people forming long lines to play it. However, players reported strange things about the game, such as hearing a woman crying and seeing grotesque faces out of the corner of their eyes. Players would also have nightmares or even develop amnesia, as well as epilepsy, motion sickness and vertigo. Some even committed suicide (there were at least two deaths). Even if at a beginning it caused addiction, after some time it developed into a big hate against the machine. It's believed it had subliminal messages such as "kill yourself" or "don't think".

After the death of two players, men in black suit and black vans took away these rare machines and its data. Some people say that these men were also seen making questions regarding the game in provious occasions.

user posted image

Trinette
  • Trinette

lean on me. so you wont. stray your neck.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:14 PM

^ A year ago I tried the version that was posted online. I'm not sure if this is correct but I think it's not the actual game—just a remake of what somebody interpreted the game to be like. Regardless of what it was, I thought it was really eerie when I was playing it. I didn't suffer any horrible nightmares or anything of that sort but I did have a weird feeling as I slowly progressed through it. This is definitely one of the more freaky stories I've read about. ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (Trinette @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 14:14)
^ A year ago I tried the version that was posted online. I'm not sure if this is correct but I think it's not the actual game—just a remake of what somebody interpreted the game to be like. Regardless of what it was, I thought it was really eerie when I was playing it. I didn't suffer any horrible nightmares or anything of that sort but I did have a weird feeling as I slowly progressed through it. This is definitely one of the more freaky stories I've read about. ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

Oh, forgot to mention that. It's indeed a hypothetical remake of the how the game could be. I've haven't tried it, I've heard that may cause epilectic attacks mercie_blink.gif

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:59 PM Edited by Valenta, 28 June 2013 - 03:56 PM.

Here's the story behind the staircase one:

Rev. Ralph Hardy, a retired clergyman from White Rock, British Columbia, took this now-famous photograph in 1966. He intended merely to photograph the elegant spiral staircase (known as the "Tulip Staircase") in the Queen's House section of the National Maritime Museum in Greenwich, England. Upon development, however, the photo revealed a shrouded figure climbing the stairs, seeming to hold the railing with both hands. Experts, including some from Kodak, who examined the original negative concluded that it had not been tampered with. It's been said that unexplained figures have been seen on occasion in the vicinity of the staircase, and unexplained footsteps have also been heard.

Interesting side note: This photo isn't the only evidence of ghostly activity at the Queen's House. The 400-year-old building is credited with several other apparitions and phantom footsteps even today. Recently, a Gallery Assistant was discussing a tea break with two colleagues when he saw one of the doors to the Bridge Room close by itself. At first he thought it was one of the lecturers. "Then I saw a woman glide across the balcony, and pass through the wall on the west balcony," he said. "I couldn't believe what I saw. I went very cold and the hair on my arms and my neck stood on end. We all dashed through to the Queen's Presents Room and looked down towards the Queen's Bedroom. Something passed through the ante-room and out through the wall. Then my colleagues all froze too. The lady was dressed in a white-grey colour crinoline type dress."

Other ghostly goings-on include the unexplained choral chanting of children, the figure of a pale woman frantically mopping blood at the bottom of the Tulip Staircase (it's said that 300 years ago a maid was thrown from the highest banister, plunging 50 feet to her death), slamming doors, and even tourists being pinched by unseen fingers.

Pretty damn creepy.

twinkiller
  • twinkiller

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE (Valenta @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 14:59)
Here's the story behind the staircase one:

Rev. Ralph Hardy, a retired clergyman from White Rock, British Columbia, took this now-famous photograph in 1966. He intended merely to photograph the elegant spiral staircase (known as the "Tulip Staircase") in the Queen's House section of the National Maritime Museum in Greenwich, England. Upon development, however, the photo revealed a shrouded figure climbing the stairs, seeming to hold the railing with both hands. Experts, including some from Kodak, who examined the original negative concluded that it had not been tampered with. It's been said that unexplained figures have been seen on occasion in the vicinity of the staircase, and unexplained footsteps have also been heard.

Interesting side note: This photo isn't the only evidence of ghostly activity at the Queen's House. The 400-year-old building is credited with several other apparitions and phantom footsteps even today. Recently, a Gallery Assistant was discussing a tea break with two colleagues when he saw one of the doors to the Bridge Room close by itself. At first he thought it was one of the lecturers. "Then I saw a woman glide across the balcony, and pass through the wall on the west balcony," he said. "I couldn't believe what I saw. I went very cold and the hair on my arms and my neck stood on end. We all dashed through to the Queen's Presents Room and looked down towards the Queen's Bedroom. Something passed through the ante-room and out through the wall. Then my colleagues all froze too. The lady was dressed in a white-grey colour crinoline type dress."

Other ghostly goings-on include the unexplained choral chanting of children, the figure of a pale woman frantically mopping blood at the bottom of the Tulip Staircase (it's said that 300 years ago a maid was thrown from the highest banister, plunging 50 feet to her death), slamming doors, and even tourists being pinched by unseen fingers.

Creepy ph34r.gif

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:30 AM

Here's another one I've found:
user posted image

Here's the story behind this:

On November 19, 1995, Wem Town Hall in Shropshire, England burned to the ground. Many spectators gathered to watch the old building, built in 1905, as it was being consumed by the flames. Tony O'Rahilly, a local resident, was one of those onlookers and took photos of the spectacle with a 200mm telephoto lens from across the street. One of those photos shows what looks like a small, partially transparent girl standing in the doorway. Nether O'Rahilly nor any of the other onlookers or firefighters recalled seeing the girl there.

O'Rahilly submitted the photo to the Association for the Scientific Study of Anomalous Phenomena which, in turn, presented it for analysis to Dr. Vernon Harrison, a photographic expert and former president of the Royal Photographic Society. Harrison carefully examined both the print and the original negative, and concluded that it was genuine. "The negative is a straightforward piece of black-and-white work and shows no sign of having been tampered with," Harrison said.

But who is the little girl? Wem, a quiet market town in northern Shropshire, had been ravaged by fire in the past. In 1677, historical records note, a fire destroyed many of the town's old timber houses. A young girl named Jane Churm, the legends say, accidentally set fire to a thatched roof with a candle. Many believed her ghost haunted the area and had been seen on a few other occasions.

Also, that image is hauntingly similar to this shot from Carrie (1976):
user posted image

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I see nothing but good things for you my boy.

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:51 AM

Anyone heard of Toxic Lady?

I heard about this a long time ago, one year back. One of the most creepiest myths around and TheseMyths's videos make it even more creepy.

@Valenta: Have you ever heard of this Toxic Lady myth? I love reading your myth stories.

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (DropThaSystem @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 04:06)
@nightwalker83: I don't see anything behind the railing.

Maybe it is just my eyes playing tricks on me.

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:27 AM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 07:51)

I heard about this a long time ago, one year back. One of the most creepiest myths around and TheseMyths's videos make it even more creepy.

@Valenta: Have you ever heard of this Toxic Lady myth? I love reading your myth stories.

Never heard of this one. Pretty strange.

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE (Valenta @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 18:57)
QUOTE (AceKingston @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 07:51)

Never heard of this one. Pretty strange.

Interesting! It says the myth was 90% in the video which 10% was made up?

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:39 AM

Have you guys heard the story of dead bart?
Dead Bart The picture may be disturbing, so click with caution.
@Nightwalker I see something, but I doubt it's meant to be a human.

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE (thegtaman531 @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 19:09)

I was just wondering what it was?

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:48 AM

QUOTE (nightwalker83 @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 08:46)

Looks like a mat.

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:02 AM

QUOTE (thegtaman531 @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 19:18)
QUOTE (nightwalker83 @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 08:46)

Looks like a mat.

That what I thought it was.

chris
  • chris

Everton FC

• The Connection

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:09 AM

QUOTE (RoadRunner71 @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 15:37)
QUOTE (Chris Fromage @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 15:00)
QUOTE (Rjeev142 @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 14:08)
QUOTE (IslaVista @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 22:14)
Final note: There's no God, religion is fake. Sorry, but it's true. If you don't think so, you're likely not educated to the point of understanding that it's BS. How can religion, that isn't even real, have an effect on ghosts? How can there be demons? Religion completely competes against the basics of Science and the whole definition of the Universe.

Quite frankly, I disagree with you. I believe that religion and science can co-exist, it's just that people expect too much from god and have many misconceptions about god. BUT that's my opinion, and I respect yours. Your theory was interesting though!

indeed, I don't know why people keep saying this, but almost every religion has science in it.

But before people are going off-topic and turn this into a "does God excist- topic", I will add another creepy story:
Kuchisake-onna

According to the legend, children walking alone at night may encounter a woman wearing a surgical mask, which is not an unusual sight in Japan as people wear them to protect others from their colds or sickness. The woman will stop the child and ask, "Am I beautiful?" If the child answers no, the child is killed with a pair of scissors which the woman carries. If the child answers yes, the woman pulls away the mask, revealing that her mouth is slit from ear to ear, and asks "How about now?". If the child answers no, he/she will be cut in half. If the child answers yes, then she will slit his/her mouth like hers. It is impossible to run away from her, as she will simply reappear in front of the victim.

source

Something is having science and another thing is if that science is correct. Just check out for example Thomas Aquinas arguments about the existence of God; at some point they could have some obvious scientific logic but the consequently deduced relation between these arguments and the existence of God is completely senseless. And Aquinas' theory is just one of the many examples...

Freaking creepy story, btw.

Lately there's happening some known as The Hum, Taos Hum or Bristol Hum (it actually has its origins in the 1970s). It's a low frequency sound which sometimes isn't even audible for the human ear. Other similar phenomenon are some weird "explosion" noises, that sounds even in zones where isn't mining industry or military areas where these sounds may came from. So far nobody has given a concrete explanation; some say it has something to do with electromagnetical issues or construction works, other is that U.S. project called as the Haarp and other go to the Bible and its profecies to explain it.

There are videos in youtube about it, though many of them are a hoax using the War of the World sound.

Regarding the Hum, it's been heard for donkeys years around Liverpool and the Wirrall, there's a story in one of Tom Slemens haunted Liverpool books with accounts from people who have heard it and theories on what the hell is actually is. I'll have a search through my collection later and if i find the story i will write it up here later.

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:40 AM

Maybe they should call Creepy Pasta Cr*ppy Pasta because it is just made up unless there are some articles on there that have news articles, media reports to back them up.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE (nightwalker83 @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 10:40)
Maybe they should call Creepy Pasta Cr*ppy Pasta because it is just made up unless there are some articles on there that have news articles, media reports to back them up.

Well, sometimes the crappy pasta sneaks in the news articles and becomes creepy pasta wink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users