Paranormal talk and other creepy stuff.

150 replies to this topic
RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (guib @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 14:38)
I heard there was a suicide forest in Japan. Don't want to walk there at night...

Anyway, I don't believe in all that sh*t anyway, all just a mistake by the mind somehow.
Still I am often impressed by the psychological impact on a person, once it claims to have seen something paranormal...

ew, imagine taking a walk in the forest and finding rotting corpses everywhere. The Japanese are weird mercie_blink.gif

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (RoadRunner71 @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 17:12)
QUOTE (guib @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 14:38)
I heard there was a suicide forest in Japan. Don't want to walk there at night...

Anyway, I don't believe in all that sh*t anyway, all just a mistake by the mind somehow.
Still I am often impressed by the psychological impact on a person, once it claims to have seen something paranormal...

ew, imagine taking a walk in the forest and finding rotting corpses everywhere. The Japanese are weird mercie_blink.gif

That would make me flip out. mercie_blink.gif
The Amityville Horror pic looks real and I hope it is.

IslaVista
  • IslaVista

Rugby Player; Poet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:14 PM

I've interviewed a lot of astrophysics and experts on the paranormal, here's what I think.

I'm going to tell it as it is: ghosts are not real. Sorry to disappoint.

I want you to first think about how much paranormal documentaries, stories, and shows gross. They make a lot of money because it's one, scary and two; highly interesting. Now I want you to do this tonight. Forget all you know about the paranormal, for 10 minutes don't think about ghosts. You've unlearned and have never heard about them. Now walk through a graveyard at night. You should have no problem, I didn't. Had no experiences.. nothing. Now watch a scary ghost movie and do it again, things should get really creepy. Why? Your mind. It's a hard task to forget about ghosts, it will take practice.

Explanation: Think about the universe, the laws of physics. There is no evidence pointing to a physical being of a ghost that can be present as a entity on the Earth. Ghosts are meant to be made of absolute nothing (If it were "ectoplasm" we would've discovered it and classified it.) How can something like that be able to act open objects that are actually matter? There's no way for something not to be matter other than light, but light doesn't effect objects, it's the heat in them. Ghosts are meant to be cold, so that's outta the picture.

Think about death and living. We're made up of carbon and hydrogen atoms that have evolved over billions of years into a mass structure of them. All of those atoms would have to be doubled for us to turn into "ghosts." There's no way that's possible. Of all the people who have died on Earth to be turned into Ghosts, they're be over 100 billion ghosts. The world would be pretty messed up with all those ghosts running around, wouldn't it?

Ghosts are usually present with kids, children have vivd imagination so that's not surprising they would see things like this. For older folks, it's usually when someone had died who they were close to. This is usually known as PTSD but in a very, very small case. You start to see them because you think too much of them. Happened to me when I was devastated when my dog died, would wake up half asleep and there she was!

Final note: There's no God, religion is fake. Sorry, but it's true. If you don't think so, you're likely not educated to the point of understanding that it's BS. How can religion, that isn't even real, have an effect on ghosts? How can there be demons? Religion completely competes against the basics of Science and the whole definition of the Universe.

My explanation/theory to "paranormal activities"
Possibly could be displaced energy, extra terrestrial is also more believable. But I've had very few experiences with ghosts. Mainly when I was young and deathly afraid of them and scary movies. But now that I'm older and stopped believing it I've never once had another experience. Walked through graveyards, abandon houses, places dubbed as "haunted"... never had another experience.

twinkiller
  • twinkiller

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:36 PM

Most of that just seems like your opinion to me.

Eris
  • Eris

Grill

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:39 PM

Ghosts don't exist.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:45 PM

1999 was a good read but the problem I have with it is the same problem I have with almost all creepy pasta. It doesn't even attempt to sound real. Now I obviously know that creepy pasta are just fun stories people make up and are basically the campfire stories of the internet. But it just pains me when you see ones with so much incredible detail like the 1999 one that you just know its fake. If that guy really was a 5 year old kid in that time he wouldn't have remembered that detail. It just breaks all illusion.

Old World
  • Old World

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:53 PM

Nothing spooky about this place, just unfortunate souls who come here to contemplate ending their life. Some do, some get up and leave.

Well worth a watch, both saddening and fascinating.

Chris Fromage
  • Chris Fromage

Homie

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE (gta3kuruma @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 15:49)
As soon as I saw this topic on the front page again I remembered reading these articles on this website not long ago, some really creepy stuff on them, especially the one on video footage.

10 mysterious urban legends based on video footage
10 incredibly spooky things
10 creepy video game urban legends

10 mysterious urban legends based on video footage

The "grifter"-picture gave me a heart attack! nervous.gif

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE (GTAction99 @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 22:36)
Unless I see some proof, I won't believe in ghost.

How would you propose they get proof of ghosts?

Rjeev142
  • Rjeev142

Snitches get stitches

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (IslaVista @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 22:14)
Final note: There's no God, religion is fake. Sorry, but it's true. If you don't think so, you're likely not educated to the point of understanding that it's BS. How can religion, that isn't even real, have an effect on ghosts? How can there be demons? Religion completely competes against the basics of Science and the whole definition of the Universe.

Quite frankly, I disagree with you. I believe that religion and science can co-exist, it's just that people expect too much from god and have many misconceptions about god. BUT that's my opinion, and I respect yours. Your theory was interesting though!

Chris Fromage
  • Chris Fromage

Homie

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (Rjeev142 @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 14:08)

Quite frankly, I disagree with you. I believe that religion and science can co-exist, it's just that people expect too much from god and have many misconceptions about god. BUT that's my opinion, and I respect yours. Your theory was interesting though!

indeed, I don't know why people keep saying this, but almost every religion has science in it.

But before people are going off-topic and turn this into a "does God excist- topic", I will add another creepy story:
Kuchisake-onna

According to the legend, children walking alone at night may encounter a woman wearing a surgical mask, which is not an unusual sight in Japan as people wear them to protect others from their colds or sickness. The woman will stop the child and ask, "Am I beautiful?" If the child answers no, the child is killed with a pair of scissors which the woman carries. If the child answers yes, the woman pulls away the mask, revealing that her mouth is slit from ear to ear, and asks "How about now?". If the child answers no, he/she will be cut in half. If the child answers yes, then she will slit his/her mouth like hers. It is impossible to run away from her, as she will simply reappear in front of the victim.

source

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

The vulgar, Irish, writer!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Expression]

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:09 PM

I think the Bloop is one of the most ominous and creepy things I have heard.

In 1997, the Bloop was heard on hydrophones across the Pacific. It was a loud, ultra-low frequency sound that was heard at listening stations underwater over 5,000km apart, and one of many mysterious noises picked up by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). Several articles in the years that followed popularised one suggestion that the Bloop might have been the sound of an unknown animal due to the "organic" nature of the noise, a theory that elevated the Bloop to the level of a great unsolved mystery.

However, the NOAA is pretty sure that it wasn't an animal, but the sound of a relatively common event -- the cracking of an ice shelf as it breaks up from Antarctica. Several people have linked to the NOAA's website over the past week excitedly claiming that the mystery of the Bloop has been "solved", but as the information on the NOAA website was undated and without a source, Wired.co.uk spoke to NOAA and Oregon State University seismologist Robert Dziak by email to check it out. He confirmed that the Bloop really was just an icequake -- and it turns out that's kind of what they always thought it was. The theory of a giant animal making noises loud enough to be heard across the Pacific was more fantasy than science.

Apparently the sound was emitted not far from where H.P. Lovecraft said Cthulhu sleeps. The massive human-eating squid-like monster that waits, dreaming for his return.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE (Chris Fromage @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 15:00)

indeed, I don't know why people keep saying this, but almost every religion has science in it.

But before people are going off-topic and turn this into a "does God excist- topic", I will add another creepy story:
Kuchisake-onna

According to the legend, children walking alone at night may encounter a woman wearing a surgical mask, which is not an unusual sight in Japan as people wear them to protect others from their colds or sickness. The woman will stop the child and ask, "Am I beautiful?" If the child answers no, the child is killed with a pair of scissors which the woman carries. If the child answers yes, the woman pulls away the mask, revealing that her mouth is slit from ear to ear, and asks "How about now?". If the child answers no, he/she will be cut in half. If the child answers yes, then she will slit his/her mouth like hers. It is impossible to run away from her, as she will simply reappear in front of the victim.

source

Something is having science and another thing is if that science is correct. Just check out for example Thomas Aquinas arguments about the existence of God; at some point they could have some obvious scientific logic but the consequently deduced relation between these arguments and the existence of God is completely senseless. And Aquinas' theory is just one of the many examples...

Freaking creepy story, btw.

Lately there's happening some known as The Hum, Taos Hum or Bristol Hum (it actually has its origins in the 1970s). It's a low frequency sound which sometimes isn't even audible for the human ear. Other similar phenomenon are some weird "explosion" noises, that sounds even in zones where isn't mining industry or military areas where these sounds may came from. So far nobody has given a concrete explanation; some say it has something to do with electromagnetical issues or construction works, other is that U.S. project called as the Haarp and other go to the Bible and its profecies to explain it.

There are videos in youtube about it, though many of them are a hoax using the War of the World sound.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE (Chris Fromage @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 11:25)
QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 02:48)
Could someone link me to the creepiest most disturbing head f*ck pasta available please.

In my opinion:

http://creepypasta.w...leep_Experiment
Not really disturbing, but it's just wrong...

http://creepypasta.w.../wiki/Smile_Dog
Scary, but proven to be fake and will be taken offline soon.

http://creepypasta.w...uicidemouse.avi
http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Squidward's_Suicide
Disturbing and Wrong

Lol I didn't expect to see the actual picture of the smile.dog in the article. Hope I don't go crazy now....... moto_whistle.gif

Wolf of Badenoch
  • Wolf of Badenoch

Invisible....

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE (Ziggy455 @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 15:09)
I think the Bloop is one of the most ominous and creepy things I have heard.

In 1997, the Bloop was heard on hydrophones across the Pacific. It was a loud, ultra-low frequency sound that was heard at listening stations underwater over 5,000km apart, and one of many mysterious noises picked up by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). Several articles in the years that followed popularised one suggestion that the Bloop might have been the sound of an unknown animal due to the "organic" nature of the noise, a theory that elevated the Bloop to the level of a great unsolved mystery.

However, the NOAA is pretty sure that it wasn't an animal, but the sound of a relatively common event -- the cracking of an ice shelf as it breaks up from Antarctica. Several people have linked to the NOAA's website over the past week excitedly claiming that the mystery of the Bloop has been "solved", but as the information on the NOAA website was undated and without a source, Wired.co.uk spoke to NOAA and Oregon State University seismologist Robert Dziak by email to check it out. He confirmed that the Bloop really was just an icequake -- and it turns out that's kind of what they always thought it was. The theory of a giant animal making noises loud enough to be heard across the Pacific was more fantasy than science.

Apparently the sound was emitted not far from where H.P. Lovecraft said Cthulhu sleeps. The massive human-eating squid-like monster that waits, dreaming for his return.

Upsweep is even worse...

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

☛✔Goals Achieved: 1/1☚

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (nightwalker83 @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 11:03)
QUOTE (GTAction99 @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 22:36)
Unless I see some proof, I won't believe in ghost.

How would you propose they get proof of ghosts?

I worded it wrong, I meant:
Unless I see some proof MYSELF (Not on TV or Photo's, because they could be edited), I won't believe in ghost.

I have yet to see a ghost with my own eyes.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:48 AM

QUOTE (Chris Fromage @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 13:12)
QUOTE (Valenta @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 00:24)
QUOTE (Prominent Fate @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 11:31)
Any Amityville Horror believers?

I personally think that the whole Amityville conspiracy is true and real freaky. A police officer who investigated the home when nobody was currently residing there refuses to talk about the subject or is very dismissive about the subject, which tells me something weird must have happened in there. The book and the movie are what drags most peoples attentions, and with ten movies, only one of which was a remake, five being about the Lutz family and the others being about a whole new family why would they not be the center of attention when it comes to the Amityville Horror.

There was recently a documentary where Daniel Lutz, a child who lived in the home tells about the horrors and the stories which his parents and siblings faced, and it does seem like he's telling the truth. Either that, or he's one hell of an actor. You can see the anger and the fear in his face on certain subjects (the name of it is My Amityville Horror).

But, what do you guys think?

I'd stay in the house, but if I started getting ill, it's run and f*cking cover!

BUMP

Agreed. How else can you explain this image?
user posted image

Made me sh*t bricks when I first saw it.

Even if you paid me 1 billion, I wouldn't set foot anywhere near the place.

Don't know what to say about the picture, but I did visit the village once where all this happened.

I got a few pictures:

user posted image
user posted image

I took this with my cell phone and I was holding it to my ear.
I had to act like I was talking with someone on the phone, because people there hate it when "Stranger" come near the house... ph34r.gif

I also noticed it was the only house with a fence tounge.gif

Who lives in the house now?

Wolf of Badenoch
  • Wolf of Badenoch

Invisible....

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:58 AM

^^^These people. They paid $950,000 for it back in September 2010.

IslaVista
  • IslaVista

Rugby Player; Poet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:35 AM

It would be pretty hard. Christianity believes that the Earth is only 3000 years old, stars were made just as simple points in the sky, and then you have Noah's ark.
Science can't co-exist this major religions, yes it is possible for agnostics, deists and Buddhists. For Christianity, Judism, and Islam; science has a very hard time co-existing with them. I agree with your statement on how people expect too much. This can be a problem. For natural occurring things in the world people often use it as a reference to say that God exists, but really they don't know the scientific reasoning to why that actually happens such as OOBE and sleep paralysis.

Don't get the wrong idea, I'm fine with religion, I don't care what people believe. That's their problem. But if someone's going to knock on the door of my science classroom and tell me what I'm teaching is wrong because of their 3000 year old beliefs, then that's when I become a militant anti-theist.

Coat.
  • Coat.

god bless the dead

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:51 AM

Sleep paralysis has proven to be the reason for most these experiences.

Chris Fromage
  • Chris Fromage

Homie

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (gtamann123 @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 01:48)

I personally think that the whole Amityville conspiracy is true and real freaky. A police officer who investigated the home when nobody was currently residing there refuses to talk about the subject or is very dismissive about the subject, which tells me something weird must have happened in there. The book and the movie are what drags most peoples attentions, and with ten movies, only one of which was a remake, five being about the Lutz family and the others being about a whole new family why would they not be the center of attention when it comes to the Amityville Horror.

There was recently a documentary where Daniel Lutz, a child who lived in the home tells about the horrors and the stories which his parents and siblings faced, and it does seem like he's telling the truth. Either that, or he's one hell of an actor. You can see the anger and the fear in his face on certain subjects (the name of it is My Amityville Horror).

I'd stay in the house, but if I started getting ill, it's run and f*cking cover!

BUMP

user posted image

Don't know what to say about the picture, but I did visit the village once where all this happened.

I got a few pictures:

user posted image
user posted image

I had to act like I was talking with someone on the phone, because people there hate it when "Stranger" come near the house... ph34r.gif

I don't know, but there surely lived someone after the Lutz family because 15 years after them, the "quarter moon windows" on the top floor were replaced.

But I think it is empty now.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (IslaVista @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 01:14)

Yeah, well, you know, that is like your ..... own opinion, man..

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (Chris Fromage @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 12:18)
QUOTE (gtamann123 @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 01:48)

BUMP

user posted image

I got a few pictures:

user posted image
user posted image

I don't know, but there surely lived someone after the Lutz family because 15 years after them, the "quarter moon windows" on the top floor were replaced.

But I think it is empty now.

Apparently the people who have lived in the house since the lutz family left have reported nothing strange happening at all.

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:36 PM

My friends & I disbanded one evening because they were gonna go smoke weed. I don't touch that sh*t.

So as I'm walking to my (turns out to be locked) house, I am approaching a set of lights. I see a large group of roughly 8 kids slowly walking towards the lights on the other side of the road. I don't want to awkwardly stare, so while I'm standing still I did a random 360 spin (smoothly executed) to look casual. When I completed my rotation about 4 seconds later, I glanced back at the kids. They were gone.

I panicked. I looked around in every possible direction, trying to imagine where they might have gone. Nowhere. To their left was a long black fence (transparent though, so I could see them if they hopped it), and to the right of them was a wide, clear road. The sidewalk they were walking along was very straight and visible, so I could see all the way down it. There was a giant bush on the opposing side of the road, so when I crossed I was cautious and ready to sprint because I thought they may be waiting behind it to jump me. Nothing there. They seemed to just disappear out of thin air. I was pretty frightened - I sprinted the rest of the way home.

To this day I still can't form any sort of logical explanation as to where the hell they went. I've told a couple of friends but they seemed to shrug it off, taking my story only half-seriously.

Wolf of Badenoch
  • Wolf of Badenoch

Invisible....

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:31 AM

Anyone ever seen this photo?
user posted image

Or this?
user posted image

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:58 AM

@Valenta,

Not until you posted them! Where do you get them from?

Wolf of Badenoch
  • Wolf of Badenoch

Invisible....

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:09 AM Edited by Valenta, 27 June 2013 - 05:29 AM.

^^^I googled 'famous ghost pictures'. The staircase one is the 4th from the left in the top row of images. The second image is in the page that it links to.
FYI, it's a spiritual website.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:16 AM

QUOTE (Valenta @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 20:24)
user posted image

Took me a while to notice it, but now I wish I didn't.. dozingoff.gif

Eris
  • Eris

Grill

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:00 AM

QUOTE (IslaVista @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 05:35)

It would be pretty hard. Christianity believes that the Earth is only 3000 years old, stars were made just as simple points in the sky, and then you have Noah's ark.
Science can't co-exist this major religions, yes it is possible for agnostics, deists and Buddhists. For Christianity, Judism, and Islam; science has a very hard time co-existing with them. I agree with your statement on how people expect too much. This can be a problem. For natural occurring things in the world people often use it as a reference to say that God exists, but really they don't know the scientific reasoning to why that actually happens such as OOBE and sleep paralysis.

Don't get the wrong idea, I'm fine with religion, I don't care what people believe. That's their problem. But if someone's going to knock on the door of my science classroom and tell me what I'm teaching is wrong because of their 3000 year old beliefs, then that's when I become a militant anti-theist.

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

☛✔Goals Achieved: 1/1☚

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:24 AM

QUOTE (Valenta @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 04:31)

Or this?
user posted image

It's just a guy sitting in the back seat. whatsthat.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users