Photo

Paranormal talk and other creepy stuff.

150 replies to this topic
Captain VXR
  • Captain VXR

Now Captain Lion.

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:23 AM

I've got a habit of breaking into people's houses and writing in blood on their walls. Sorry dude.

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:17 PM Edited by Robinski, 16 August 2012 - 07:33 PM.

I did have quite a weird experience when I was in America the other year on a year of studying. I've never put it down to the paranormal, seeing as I'm quite a sceptic, but honestly I can't really think of any other explanation.

So anyway, during my first semester I was actually studying at Philadelphia University (yeah, I know). It was during my second year of uni but there was some confusion and I ended up doing a load of first year level classes, with them still counting towards second-year credit back here in my UK uni. Life was pretty sweet: I had easy classes where I knew all the stuff already, some decent if fleeting friends (I wasn't there too long) and all the doe-eyed enthusiasm of a foreign student in the US. I did have one issue though. Money was a bit tight. At this point the exchange rate wasn't great, my parents were only able to help me out a little (there's a hefty charge with my bank when sending/receiving money overseas) and my student loan wasn't stretching far enough.

A couple of weeks in, one of my new mates said he might be able to find me some off-the-books work. Strictly speaking I wasn't allowed to be employed while there, but this guy's dad ran a local taxi chain and he knew I was able to drive stick, something you guys don't get taught by default apparently. The guy's dad had a clunker of a stick taxi that none of his drivers would use so it was just sitting there and he had a sat nav, so it'd be easy enough for me to work there.

Sorry for the long exposition, but this is where it starts to get weird, I promise. After doing a good few shifts, I started to take fares from the "wrong" side of the tracks in west Philly. I was able to fake the accent well enough and kept a smallish baseball bat visibly tucked in the dash, that tended to keep the guys who would cause trouble for no reason away. So yeah, I'm pulled up waiting for this fare to come out from their apartment block and something just feels wrong. It's that sort of tension in the air that you can't really put your finger on, but it's there. Becoming more and more aware of my surroundings I clock two groups of kids across the road from me on this asphalt vacant lot. The smaller group (both in numbers and physical stature) is playing some ball game and the other is just sat there. Just watching them. Then, out of nowhere, one of the larger guys just flies at the tall, skinny guy from the other group. Dude just starts wailing on him. At one point he's picked him up on his shoulders and just spins him round before flooring him. The skinny guy gets to his feet and flees into a house just down the road. His mother's obviously seen what happened and I could hear her going apesh*t even from my car down the road. Thankfully, the big guys chose to leave well enough alone and that's the end of that. My fare gets in and we're off. I get back to the garage and tell my boss that I don't think I'm prepared to do any more jobs in that part of town, so that was my last shift. I'm out.

After the end of the first semester, I decide that I've had enough of Philly and can't handle how rough some of the city can be. A couple of discussions with my university, the embassy and UCLA later I'm starting my second semester in safe, sunny Los Angeles. Those talks with some diplomatic officials had harvested me some additional fruit too: a visa that allowed me to study and work while in the country. It wasn't long before my glowing reference and foreign accent endeared me to the local taxi firms. I get the keys to my shiny new Impala-knockoff I'm promptly sent off to get my very first fare. I've got to shuttle some first class passenger from the airport over to one of the fancy mansion communities up in the hills, y'know one of those guy where even his orange juice comes in a champagne glass types. Before I set off I give this fine new auto a quick look over. Personalised licence plate, air fresheners, dash ornaments; the works.

I pull up at the arrivals terminal and this guy leans out from the curb and whistles at me. Yeah, that's the rich kid. Only, as I pull up I realise I know him from somewhere. Get this, it's the exact same kid that I saw get thrashed on the basketball courts. I mean seriously, what are the chances of that? This guy was the reason I upped and shipped all the way across the country and he's the first person I run into here as well? F*cking insane. Was this guy some sort of sign from a higher power? Motivating me to change stuff in my life that I was too apathetic to make the move for by myself? I'm freaking out here and my mouth just freezes up. I'm sat there for a second before I hear something from the back seat "Yo! Homes?!". His questions prompt me to start driving across town, but I'm still too freaked out to talk. We make it to this guy's house at about 7 or 8, the last thing I get from this guy is some remark as he leaves the vehicle: "Yo homes, smell ya later" and he looked at his kingdom, he was finally there, to sit on his throne as the prince of Bel Air.

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:28 PM

Holy sh*t, what a delivery, that's worthy of a slow clap and standing ovation.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:53 PM

Robinski lol.gif had me all the way to the end

Failure
  • Failure

My life has no meaning

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:28 PM Edited by elanman, 16 August 2012 - 08:47 PM.

QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Monday, Aug 13 2012, 16:12)
QUOTE (chris @ Monday, Aug 13 2012, 10:02)
QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Sunday, Aug 12 2012, 07:29)
Jeff the Killer
Warning:Disturbing image

That wasn't very creepy.

Agreed, I actually sympathized with Jeff the whole time, and the ending felt like it was just tossed on to make Jeff the bad guy.

Here's a pasta about a kids show, it's long.

Story could've been a lot better--the story's pretty good, though the written quality is dire.

I've read a few creepypastas.Here's the site with all the entries.

Candle Cove is a classic one; it's also based on a kid's TV show.

Robinski: If you don't get a first in your English degree (or is it journalism?), I will lose faith in the credibility of our universities' liberal arts departments.

Pretty similar a few years ago. Here's the topic--lots of stories and urban legends. All fake of course.

This is the topic which spawned all of the "Slenderman" stories, interestingly enough.

user posted image

Finally, a legendary story. Long read, but excellent:

http://www.angelfire...aver/page1.html

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:24 PM

Something weird has been happening to me for the last 3 or 4 weeks.
Here's a little background.

It started one night, about two months ago. when I walked outside and was looking at the stars. I was gazing towards a gap in the mountains to the south-west of my house, when I saw a red flash in above the gap, and heard a twig or something snap to the east. All the crickets/bugs went silent and I was left in complete silence. Only the hum of the powerlines and the faint whir of my Air conditioner remained.

I shook it off as a strange coincidence and went about my life. But since that night, I've had this feeling that somebody is watching me when I'm outside at night. I live in a pretty isolated area, there are huge fields of dirt/grass/sagebrush all around me, the neighbors to my left, have a huge fence all the way around their property. You can't see in or out of that fence.

Eight days ago, I was standing outside watching the sunrise, when I realized I had to take a leak. I went inside, did my business, and went back out. I was standing in a dirt patch, just gazing towards the gap in the mountains again, and suddenly realized I couldn't move. I stood there for about 30 minutes just staring, unblinkingly, towards the mountains.

My eyes were burning, but I could not summon the strength to blink. It was getting colder for some reason, my fingers felt like I had dipped them in ice water. After 30 minutes, I could finally close my eyes. My limbs felt heavy, and it seemed almost impossible lift my feet. Eventually, I managed to turn around, and started clomping toward my door. I blinked again. As my eyes closed, I had this strange sensation that I was being pulled toward the mountains. Kind of like when you're trying to swim against a current.

It hasn't happened since then. But now, I have this fear that I'm not going to wake up if I fall asleep. I've slept less than four hours in the last three days.

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

Livin' It Up At The Hotel California

• Members

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (elanman @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 12:28)
QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Monday, Aug 13 2012, 16:12)
Jeff the Killer

That wasn't very creepy.

Agreed, I actually sympathized with Jeff the whole time, and the ending felt like it was just tossed on to make Jeff the bad guy.

Story could've been a lot better--the story's pretty good, though the written quality is dire.

I've read a few creepypastas.Here's the site with all the entries.

Candle Cove is a classic one; it's also based on a kid's TV show.

Robinski: If you don't get a first in your English degree (or is it journalism?), I will lose faith in the credibility of our universities' liberal arts departments.

Pretty similar a few years ago. Here's the topic--lots of stories and urban legends. All fake of course.

This is the topic which spawned all of the "Slenderman" stories, interestingly enough.

user posted image

Finally, a legendary story. Long read, but excellent:

http://www.angelfire...aver/page1.html

Slenderman? Really? I mean, really? He's gotten so popular lately!

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:02 PM

@Robinski:

Nice mustache, man! icon14.gif

InstantCClassic
  • InstantCClassic

Gatorade me, b*tch.

• Members

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:25 PM

Google Mary Shaw, click on images, and prepare for a nightmare.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (InstantCClassic @ Friday, Aug 17 2012, 21:25)
Google Mary Shaw, click on images, and prepare for a nightmare.

user posted image

Thanks for the nightmares I am going to have tonight! icon14.gif

f*ck that doll movie she is in... so f*cking creepy.

Ultra_Gizmo_64
  • Ultra_Gizmo_64

UG64

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:52 AM Edited by Ultra_Gizmo_64, 18 August 2012 - 02:20 AM.

QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Monday, Aug 13 2012, 17:12)
Jeff the Killer

That wasn't very creepy.

That was an interesting read, took me three hours, quite creey though.

Adept
  • Adept

Giordano B.

• Members

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:23 AM

I'm pretty sure that paranormal "reality" exists. Alternate dimensions, telepathy, telekinesis, clairvoyant individuals, orbs, spirits, and on and on. I don't believe in any of this mind you, I just think it is more than likely. I also think that scares alot of people and in their fear revert back to an infantile state of helplessness and uncertainty that forces them to find rational solutions to irrational problems. It works for them and keeps them somewhat sane. I think that some things can only be verified through ones own perception. I think even hallucinations are real to some extent but to define what that is would be next to impossible. I think this sums it up pretty well, "All phenomena are real in some sense, unreal in some sense, meaningless in some sense, real and meaningless in some sense, unreal and meaningless in some sense, and real and unreal and meaningless in some sense". -R.A.W smile.gif

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

• Members

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

I thought maybe this could use a bump.

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

Ignorance lives everywhere.

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

I saw Jeff the Killer creepypasta last spring and I was like WTF is this - if I saw this thing, I'mma punch it

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

I'm the writer.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

I love checking out creepy stuff on youtube. This is quite good:

Part one!

Part two!

Part three!

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

Ghosthunters is f*cking fake.
There is another Ghost show that is very interesting, I forgot what it's called though. When I have some time, I will check for it on Netflix. (You can find it on Netflix)

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

I'm the writer.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (GTAction99 @ Saturday, Jan 26 2013, 20:28)
There is another Ghost show that is very interesting, I forgot what it's called though. When I have some time, I will check for it on Netflix. (You can find it on Netflix)

I never speculated it was real or not. They just make it look creepy. notify.gif

Sef
  • Sef

Proud to be Dutch

• Members

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE (GTAction99 @ Saturday, Jan 26 2013, 20:28)

Ghost Adventures ?

( I like that show. )

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

I just read the Happy Appy creepypasta.

I didn't need any sleep anyway...

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Saturday, Jan 26 2013, 22:12)

I've read that before.

I read it in the morning though. tounge.gif

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

• Members

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:58 PM Edited by MikeMyth, 26 January 2013 - 11:01 PM.

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Saturday, Jan 26 2013, 13:13)
QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Saturday, Jan 26 2013, 22:12)

I've read that before.

I read it in the morning though. tounge.gif

Same here. There were a couple of holes in the story that made it unbelivable. It is more of a good read than it is a fright. If you guys like Creepypasta here are a few suggested reads!
  • The Girl in the Photograph. It is a classic, short but the ending is really good.
  • Spongebob Therory. It is basically a therory on the show Spongebob Squarepants, if you read it you will never think the same of the show again. nervous.gif
  • BEN (Majora's Mask) I haven't read it myself but I've heard a summary of it. It is very long and I hear it is really good.
  • The Rake. I don't believe personally but my friends really like this story.
  • Candle Cove. A story about a Children's show a while back. The ending is really good. Like The Girl in the Photograph it has a shock ending.
  • WAKE UP. A short paragraph which talks about rape.
  • 1999. I believe this is where pedobear originiated from.
  • WHO WAS PHONE? Click here for the story. WARNING: If you value your sleep, do not read this story.
I'm sure there are a couple other good ones I forgot to list. If I remember any of them I will add them. Also, I heard Squidward's Suicide is a good read. It is very long, and I've never gotten to reading it. I'm going to read it now.

EDIT: You have to read "Earthquakes" on Creepypasta!

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:49 AM Edited by Lightning Strike, 27 January 2013 - 01:53 AM.

If there's one Creepypasta that's actually enthralled me and told an interesting tale (the others in my personal opinion are pieces of old dried up crap that sound like they couldn't possibly be real thus nulling their whole purpose as a Creepypasta) and it's one that really makes you care about the character and the world/s he's in.

It's called strangers and it's a fantastic read, though it may give you a slight fear of subways ...

Stranger Danger !

matajuegos
  • matajuegos

2 Years in the forums!!! I MISS YOU ZEE

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:54 AM

http://creepypasta.w...doned_by_Disney

This is the pasta of the month in that website, and I agree, because it's very frightening to read.

Also if you wanna play a game that actually scares you, you must play IMSCARED - A PIXELATED NIGHTMARE, it's way scarier than Slender and other crappy games out there, also it's pretty light so it doesn't lag.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:57 AM

Does anybody here watch Celebrity Ghost Stories?
I used to like it, even though it's probably fake, but now they seem to get boring. Really hate the boring stories about how the ghost "saved your life" "woke you up" or "were a visiting friend/family member". Those are really boring, want to see the demon ones or the really scary stories, but CGS just doesn't do much of that anymore. sad.gif

J_Clem_Zooted
  • J_Clem_Zooted

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

I got a pretty creepy story for anybody interested in reading. My mom and sister and I had just moved into our new house in Florida after moving all the way from Maine back in about 07-08. The house was kind of a dump but was just a starter until we got used to the area and would eventually move into a bigger house. Anyways, it always had a sorta of creepy vibe to it an it was always hard for me to fall asleep late at night. On our sliding glass door that lead out to the patio was a big sort of flower sticker that someone had put on there before we even moved in. One day I stayed home from school and was completely home alone after my mom and sister went to work. We had the blinds covering the sliding glass door and I needed to go out back to get something (can't remember what) but as soon as I parted the blinds I saw a bony, decrepit old woman staring back at me in my patio. I yelled and jumped back wondering what just happened. I opened the blinds again and saw where the old womans face was was just the blue flower sticker that had always been there. Was it my mind playing tricks on me or was it a ghost? A few weeks later I was walking home from my bus stop when an old woman who lived down the road from me asked if I moved into the house where I'm staying now. I told her yes and she mentioned something about an old woman who lived there before me. Gave me the creeps.

Anyway, just thought I would share this on here if anybody cared lol

tldr; i saw a ghost

twinkiller
  • twinkiller

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE (J_Clem_Zooted @ Monday, Jan 28 2013, 19:12)
I got a pretty creepy story for anybody interested in reading. My mom and sister and I had just moved into our new house in Florida after moving all the way from Maine back in about 07-08. The house was kind of a dump but was just a starter until we got used to the area and would eventually move into a bigger house. Anyways, it always had a sorta of creepy vibe to it an it was always hard for me to fall asleep late at night. On our sliding glass door that lead out to the patio was a big sort of flower sticker that someone had put on there before we even moved in. One day I stayed home from school and was completely home alone after my mom and sister went to work. We had the blinds covering the sliding glass door and I needed to go out back to get something (can't remember what) but as soon as I parted the blinds I saw a bony, decrepit old woman staring back at me in my patio. I yelled and jumped back wondering what just happened. I opened the blinds again and saw where the old womans face was was just the blue flower sticker that had always been there. Was it my mind playing tricks on me or was it a ghost? A few weeks later I was walking home from my bus stop when an old woman who lived down the road from me asked if I moved into the house where I'm staying now. I told her yes and she mentioned something about an old woman who lived there before me. Gave me the creeps.

Anyway, just thought I would share this on here if anybody cared lol

tldr; i saw a ghost

holy sh*t dude that creeps me out. cry.gif

LifeWithScissors
  • LifeWithScissors

Veni Vidi Vici

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

http://www.youtube.c...r/EVPResearcher For those who are interested in EVP. Every time i hear those paranormal activities, it gives my spine a shiver! Although i do enjoy EVP since the communication with dead people working at its finest.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

Creepypasta audio. Scarecrow1719 is narrating this. Video made by MrCreepyPasta. SCARIEST f*ckING STORY I HAVE EVER LISTENED TO, JUST LISTEN TO IT, YOU DON'T NEED TO WATCH IT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO. WATCH AT YOUR OWN RISK! CRAZIEST STORY EVER!

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Sunday, Jan 27 2013, 04:57)
Does anybody here watch Celebrity Ghost Stories?
I used to like it, even though it's probably fake, but now they seem to get boring. Really hate the boring stories about how the ghost "saved your life" "woke you up" or "were a visiting friend/family member". Those are really boring, want to see the demon ones or the really scary stories, but CGS just doesn't do much of that anymore. sad.gif

I used to watch that show like a Ritual, but I can't find it anymore.

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

A real, talking rabbit!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:27 AM

Glad to see this thread is kicking again. Since that's the case, I have a story to share that I suppose would fall in the range of "paranormal."

A few months ago(December I think), I was heading on the highway to my girlfriend's house. She lives about 25 miles away in a nearby town. Anyways, I'm on the highway and it's late in the evening, beginning to get dark. I look to the east and I see an object in the sky; it appears to be losing altitude at a very quick rate, perpendicular to the road I was traveling. I was looking in amazement - I thought it was a plane about to crash. It reaches about half the altitude it was originally at in just a few seconds, and all of a sudden it just vanishes. Out of thin air.

Now lets fast forward to about a month later. It's nighttime and I'm driving to her house again. I look up to the stars in the east, and see a light moving in the sky, this time parallel to the road. This time I thought it was a shooting star, but it magically just disappeared in the middle of the sky.

The final incident happened a few weeks later. It was nighttime, and I was taking my girlfriend back to her house this time(we had gone to Olive Garden, dem breadsticks). I was looking up to the stars again, and I see the light once more. Moving in the same direction as the last time. My girlfriend was looking too. All of a sudden, it disappears, just like the last time. We both saw it that time. So at least I know that I'm not hallucinating.

tl;dr, I saw a UFO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users