Photo

Online alert

7 replies to this topic
sorv
  • sorv

The Hero

• Members

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:57 AM

Hay friends.I am sorv.I was thinking that there should be a Online alert application for this forum.I mean that if a member selct a person in GTAforums that the selected person is online then the member who select that person will recieve a message that the person you selected is online.I think this will be very useful.Sorry for my bad english

Icarus
  • Icarus

[C9] Orthonormal

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:13 AM

If I understand you correctly (and it is a bit difficult), you want to know when a user is online, correct?

If that's the case, we already have that. When the light bulb next to your name is on, that means you are online. However, you have the option to browse anonymously when you log in (like what I'm doing right now).

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:13 AM

However, you have the option to browse anonymously when you log in (like what I'm doing right now).

That's the part that should be done away with, as it defeats the purpose of what the forum is for/what the PM system is for, imo...
There should be only two options-Online OR Off line...As if you want to be anonymous, that is what Face Book and MySpace are for, however, this is a public forum which means all members whom are online should be represented as such, if i'm not mistaken? confused.gif Confused and curious on that part... confused.gif

OT-Yeah, this feature is already in use-just look at the light bulb next to the User Name...There is just the one bug that needs to be fixed with it(listed above)... tounge2.gif lol.gif

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:49 AM

Actually, I think what the OP means by an alert system is that when the 'selected' member goes online you will be sent a e-mail or personal message.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:25 AM

For now to simplify your needs go to your controls and click PM buddies/block list and there you can add members there so you can have a quick list to check if they are around or not.

As far as pop up notifications goes, you'll get tired of that real fast. For example if you had me on your list and I'm the type who likes to log in and out along with whoever you have added you'll want that feature turned off in no time. I'm not shooting your idea down though, I think a better way to go about this is maybe a link could be added to your controls that you could add people to and clicking that would tell you who's online and who's not. I think it's possible for something like this could be useful when ever the forum goes to V2.

andersonjames
  • andersonjames

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:30 AM

I agree with you.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE (andersonjames @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 15:30)
I agree with you.

notify.gif You signed up to GTAF today.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 09:42)
QUOTE (andersonjames @ Thursday, Aug 16 2012, 15:30)
I agree with you.

notify.gif You signed up to GTAF today.

And that's his only post so far.

He signed up on a GTA forum and heads straight to Site Suggestions to inform somebody he agrees with them? confused.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users