GFX Rules Bring Them Back

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
95 replies to this topic
Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:20 PM

We don't allow users to have multiple accounts because it's considered abuse of a free service. We have the graphic request forum where people complete requests for free, and people are abusing it by making 10,000 requests. Is it really any different? Yes, people don't have to do the requests, but at the same time, I don't see why some restrictions/rules would hurt.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (Waddy @ Friday, Aug 10 2012, 20:40)
For a start, flaming etc is against the forum rules, those posts should be reported.

Forget about rules here. This stubbornness won't give any positive replies.

We don't want GFX Section to turn into GTA V Section or another Spammy Section. It's we, normal members, who can understand how things are going in GFX Section right now. Most of the GFX Artist are born from there as they learn new things from the Seniors. If that place turns into a disaster, nobody will surely not like to even touch that Section's URL. GFX Artist from there. If member follow the rules, then, maybe the new GFX Artist will try to help them. Then they can be recognized well in this forum and will be well-respected. If this happens then this site will get more famous and more members will join. More reputation, more members - A man can only dream.

If you can't understand anything, read others post as they contain the same idea. If things continue to go like this, God knows what will happen or let us take GTA V Section as an example.

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:25 PM

I have started a topic in one of the staff area's.
I have linked this topic and the arguments, I will come back when we have made a decision.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:46 PM Edited by GunWrath, 10 August 2012 - 03:49 PM.

QUOTE (Waddy @ Friday, Aug 10 2012, 10:05)
QUOTE (miromiro @ Friday, Aug 10 2012, 16:02)
@ Waddy : Don't quote me on this, but I believe he means that if a request doesn't get completed, the requester will just keep on double / triple quadruple the request / topic. Personally, I'm not completely sure what could be done about this, but maybe there should be a limit of posts / time spent on the forums before making a request. Just saying...

Well that comes under the forum rules. Double/triple etc posts are not allowed, they should be reported and the the topic will be dealt with.

But you also just said if the requester wants 20things in 20mins, whats the problem with this?

That's the problem, because it's pushing down other topics that have been waiting patiently. It's not about us GFX Artists, it's about helping those who actually need help or have been waiting patiently without bumping or sending PM's because they're simply being polite and understand it's our time.

Just need some support to set up some firm guidelines.. Now, if they stick to one topic and continue to edit with requests, I'm totally fine with that. That's how it should be, but not multiple request topics within acouple hours. That's abit absurd.. and yes, some of the members may not read the guidelines or forum rules before hand, but that shouldn't be grounds for disrespect to them. Just simply point them to the guidelines and say this is what it is, if you follow these, you will have no problems from the Mods, Admins or the Artists themselves.

We don't work or help solely on GTAF, we operate on a number of forums, we try to help as much as we can.. and it's a hobby we all enjoy doing or even make a living from, so when you see multiple requests from the same user and nothing is being done about it, it's makes a regular user tend to think about his future with the forums itself. Narcis does his best, and we all hate coming to him about it, cause yes, He's tried.. but possibly give Narcis the reigns to the GFX Section. If he wants to set rules and guidelines, let him go for it. See how it works out, if it proves to fail, then take off the rules or run it how you please.

Narcis has the experience and dedication.. so I vote yes for his full leadership and yes for some sort of precautions being made.

Edit: @Waddy, just saw your last post. Thanks for making this aware in Staff Forums, appreciate you actually taking the time to conversate with us mortals as well.

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:53 PM

I don't think we need to get at the round table to take a decision, the rules are going to fix the big number of requests along with the daily gangs in Multiplayer section.
What do we have to lose if we get these up? let's bring back the section everyone loved and keep it that way.
wink.gif

sorv
  • sorv

The Hero

• Members

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (Narcis_speed6 @ Friday, Aug 10 2012, 22:23)
I don't think we need to get at the round table to take a decision, the rules are going to fix the big number of requests along with the daily gangs in Multiplayer section.
What do we have to lose if we get these up? let's bring back the section everyone loved and keep it that way.
wink.gif

i think everything is ok now. sly.gif

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (Narcis_speed6 @ Friday, Aug 10 2012, 21:23)
let's bring back the section everyone loved and keep it that way. wink.gif

Yeah. I agree. But what was the reason that the rules were removed? Sorry if I am troubling but you know that I joined @2011. So, I don't know much about GFX Section's past. Moderators and Admins won't take up a decision easily. There must have been something which made them do that. confused.gif

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (SmC12 @ Friday, Aug 10 2012, 15:04)
Because it doesn't die. There is another topic, and another. When you ignore someone's topic they request again. It takes attention away from the genuine people who deserve to have a request done for them because the entire section is taken up by impatient members who think they are first in line to everything. That means alot of topics get ignored which isn't the purpose of the GFX Requests section. People have no choice but to report all the duplicate topics because there is no rule in place to say they shouldn't be there, and there is no limit to how many times a member can request, clearly it's spam and in any other forum would result in a warning.

It's not just a case of not doing the request because we don't want to. We do want to, but because of the spam and impatience due to lack of rules alot of us are deterred from contributing. If nobody else wanted to help there would be no point in having a Requests section.

The rules were in place before and there was never problems like this, now it's not just the requesters but the artists are complaining.

Nail on the head. Well said SMC

Do the staff want every section to turn into the V section?

If not, add and enforce a few rules to help the ledbys out a little more, when I suggested stricter rules in the gang section, I was told, it would deter new members from joining, but surely rules in the GFX section make perfect sense and wouldn't deter new members joining etc, and actually lead to a better community there.

Original Light
  • Original Light

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:48 PM

I vote yes.

Mr White0161
  • Mr White0161

I am the f*cking shark.

• Members

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:23 PM

I liked the fact that there were rules for this section. It enforced order, especially the 5Day-Rule. To me that was the most important one and the one that made the most sense. Since that was taken away you see the same person making 6different topics within an hour of each other. Or in the case of those creating gangs you'll see someone make a GFX request for a gang, then a different gang because the other one failed, then another one, and another, so on and so forth.

I can understand why the rules were taken away, at the time it seemed like that the section could survive without them but what we saw was an influx of spammers.

Mr.Funny12
  • Mr.Funny12

Just keep swimming...

• Members

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

I vote yes also.

Not saying that this is going to happen anytime soon but from I hear tons of people joined upon the arrival of IV. What happens when V hits? The amounth of people in the gang section/gfx section will be completely overwhelming and both will turn into sh*t in a matter of days.

Boss Falcone
  • Boss Falcone

Resigned As Chief of LSPD

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:06 PM

Hey Guys keep the votes and opinions coming in just because waddy Has said he will post in in the Staff Forum.

I thank him for that and Thank you all of you guys without all of you this would have been impossible.

Tell your friends about this because we are not taking No for an answer.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (Boss Falcone @ Friday, Aug 10 2012, 17:06)
Hey Guys keep the votes and opinions coming in just because waddy Has said he will post in in the Staff Forum.

I thank him for that and Thank you all of you guys without all of you this would have been impossible.

Tell your friends about this because we are not taking No for an answer.

Hate to burst your bubble here, but just because a few people want something doesn't mean it's going to happen. All I'm trying to say is don't get your hopes up just because Waddy has made a topic in the staff room.

Boss Falcone
  • Boss Falcone

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:12 PM

Ok Thanks for your opinion and no offence it is not just a few people it is up to 30 people.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE (Boss Falcone @ Friday, Aug 10 2012, 17:12)
Ok Thanks for your opinion and no offence it is not just a few people it is up to 30 people.

30 is a relatively small number compared to the 450,000+ registered members.

Boss Falcone
  • Boss Falcone

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:16 PM

Well I promise you i will get a hell lot more.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (Boss Falcone @ Friday, Aug 10 2012, 22:16)
Well I promise you i will get a hell lot more.

PM Spamming people to "vote" yes in this topic ain't going to change things much.

TheOutlawBiker
  • TheOutlawBiker

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

I vote yes for the rules to be back, but not 3 day bans automatically like AJ suggested.

I say that you get warned for it. And after a certain amount of warns then a ban can be issued.

Southern Comfort
  • Southern Comfort

GFX Hero

• Members

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (Ryan @ Friday, Aug 10 2012, 15:14)

And how many of those total members are actually active? tounge.gif

I vote yes, I've spoke my bit about it in the Weazel News area.

Boss Falcone
  • Boss Falcone

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

Thanks Southern and Outlaw 33 Votes for yes and Against GFX Rules 1 vote.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:10 PM Edited by lzw3, 10 August 2012 - 10:14 PM.

<I regret what I said here>

As I said earlier, you've got my vote Boss Falcone.

enjoithepain
  • enjoithepain

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:41 AM

I vote yes icon14.gif

KaRzY6
  • KaRzY6

♧ Sick Kunt ♤

• Members

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:22 AM

Like others have said, why not make it so you have had to be on the forums for say, 3 months, before requesting?

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:34 AM

QUOTE (KaRzY6 @ Saturday, Aug 11 2012, 13:22)
Like others have said, why not make it so you have had to be on the forums for say, 3 months, before requesting?

However, I disagree with this. Many people make multiple accounts to start a gang. For example people may do 'Leone Family Don' but they will also have a personal account. Usually one of the first posts by the duplicate account is to get some personalised headings for their Gang post and, although I'm not in any gang, I can see that that would be a pain to wait three months to be able to request a few headings or logos. smile.gif

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:52 AM

QUOTE (Ryan @ Friday, Aug 10 2012, 15:14)

But 450,000 people don't spam the GFX section, only a small fraction of those 450,000 people do. Maybe people should fight fire with fire. Vote Early, Vote Often!

If you GFX guys are tired of the lack of rules and being told to "just ignore it", simply take a week of from doing any requests and let everybody here see how well ignoring it works. icon14.gif

blitz
  • blitz

pizzaqueen <3

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:20 PM

Narcis has been pretty single handedly locking threads, seeing as paps isn't very active on the section (no offense, bruh). So why not add another led-by to help these two out?

I don't think there's much to lose, there's a bunch of us interested in graphics, and I guess we could give an extra pair of hands in moderating the section. Oh, and although Narcis is doing a helluva job, the guy's not f*cking Superman, some things slip, and that's okay. I guess the section would be a bit more controlled with more led-bys.

love good hate bad

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:23 PM Edited by Narcis_speed6, 11 August 2012 - 08:27 PM.

I don't think we need more led-by's at the moment, the main problem are the rules.

Nebby
  • Nebby

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:44 PM

I totally vote yes, but they do need to be revised.

I say all the GFX guys and the staff team come together to create something that everybody's satisfied with, but thats just my two cents.
wink.gif

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:53 PM

Ahahahahaha

ahahahahahahahahahah

JESUS CHRIST ON A STICK

Does anyone here even know how funny this whole cycle of rules versus chaos is? I was the second moderator of the graphics section. I modded it for upwards of four years until I was called up to become a global mod. When I took over that section from 3vil, THERE WAS NO REQUEST SECTION. I doubt any of you even remember what the SMBL was. When me and paps finally got tired of people spamming the section with multiple request topics, we created a rules topic where you could only request every 10 days.

What happened?

Oh, nothing really. Just people ignored it and decided to post multiple requests within that window anyways. Warning them didn't help. The higher ups had actual problems to take care, and nobody gave a sh*t. So we just locked topics as fast as we could. We changed the window to three days to be more lax, but people didn't care about that either! They actually complained that our rules are too strict and that I should be demodded for locking topics!

I got called up to be a global mod, so I stopped looking over the section. I'll be honest, I don't go in there nearly as often as I used to. But my point is that I spent almost five years (on and off) moderating those sections. Back in the day when we actually used each other to get better and helped talented artists by providing constructive criticism. Back when the 2G Crew was still around and members even got good enough to get paid for their work. Back when pix-ill and POTW were things. I've spent my time in the trenches. That cesspool used to be a shining, glorious pool of talent. And it was up to the community at large and individual users to keep it that way.

You see some sh*theel high school retard wanting 14 different signatures for each of his two friends? Don't do the request.

You see five different request topics from the same mouthbreather f*cktard who really doesn't like the font on his DBZ sig? DON'T DO THE REQUEST.

YOU SEE SOMEONE IN THE GFX R&T SECTION MAKING YOU SO MAD THAT YOU LITERALLY COUNT VOTES IN THE SUGGESTIONS FORUM? DON'T DO THE BLOODY REQUEST YOU POOFTER. JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE ASKS FOR SOMETHING DOESN'T MEAN YOU'RE OBLIGATED TO DO IT. AND IF HE'S BREAKING FORUM RULES, REPORT THE f*ckIN TOPIC FOR ALLAH'S SAKE

I WILL PERSONALLY BE OVERSEEING OPERATIONS OF THE GRAPHICS FORUMS FROM HERE ON OUT. IF I SEE USERS COMPLAINING ABOUT REQUESTS, I WILL BE ISSUING BANS. IF THE TOPIC CREATOR IS TAKING ADVANTAGE OF YOUR "GENEROSITY", REPORT THE TOPIC AND I WILL DEAL WITH IT.

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:08 PM

Thats the opinion of all the other staff who replied in the topic too.

You havent just been fobbed off, It was discussed and this is what we decided.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users