Photo

GFX Rules Bring Them Back

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
95 replies to this topic
Boss Falcone
  • Boss Falcone

Resigned As Chief of LSPD

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:15 AM Edited by Boss Falcone, 10 August 2012 - 11:30 AM.

Moderators and Admins read through every post and look what everybody is saying we want them back.

I will be starting this by talking about the GFX Rules. The Graphic section has become a Absolute Joke. When the rules were there everything was going ok people werenít making requests after requests. Now it is 4 requests a day by one person also sometimes when people donít get replyís to their requests they start getting angry and start using the F Word.

I have been noticing that people canít even follow the simplest rule ever bump your topic after 3 days come on guys seriously you people are that impatient if you are get your own software.

I asked Don Bianco This question this is what he said.

Do you think the rules should come back for the GFX Section?
- There's not a doubt in my mind that the rules should come back. Without them the GFX section has become worse than the Gang section.

In the Gang section There is a topic called Weazel News. Alot of people are saying they want the Rules back.

No offence people are taking advantage Narcis_speed6 says bump your topic after 3 days they still don't listen.

Also the GFX Artists they have lives they sleep eat and work.

They do the requests on their own terms I know but if they Graphic section carry's on like this they will be no artists.

and I QUOTE Southern comfort† We might as well close the damn request area if nothing is going to be done.

so please Admins think about it.

QUOTE (Southern Comfort @ Friday, Aug 10 2012, 08:58)
I've heard that line before but the next step is we simply voice our complaints out loud. Rules are needed there or eventually all of the designers will get up and leave. He can do something about it, he is the forum leader. Simply add more rules, he is the sole moderator of the forum and he has to enforce his section of the forum some way. When push comes to shove you push right the hell back! What is the point in even having a moderator there if he is prevented from doing anything?! I can't get my point across any clearer, official rules need to be put in place or it'll turn out just to be another avoided place on the forum. It's simple, put rules in and the dark cloud above the request section will be gone!

This is when some requested the rules came back/ Vertical limit.

http://www.gtaforums...17&hl=GFX Rules

I QUOTE Blitz said this

A real f*cking shame that is, things were going way smoother with the rules.

Oh well.

I QUOTE AJBNS87 Said Good to see the section being firmly controlled and topics getting locked/ - This was because of the rules.

I QUOTE SMC12 Yeah, they were badly needed. I remember the GFX section used to be full of artists willing to do requests, but then it just got overloaded with impatient and ungrateful people. Everyone will probably complain it's too strict now, but that section is better already.† - That's when the rules were there.

And I QUOTE Southern comfort I am aware of the old rules and I am not sure why they were trashed (or if they are still in effect and you are not enforcing them) as they would clean all of this mess up in a matter of days! Sure we do complain about the section going down, but that's because nothing is being done to stop it from falling! We try and fulfill as many graphics requests as we can and help the section grow, transforming the topics into a Yahoo messenger topic is just a side effect of absolutely no rules put in place.

If you would like to see the quote on southern comfort go to gang section Weazel news page 4.

How would you feel admins and moderators if you were an artist and people didn't listen to you or did so many requests and started using f words and not bumping the topic every 3 days.

You moderators get frustrated when one of the rules is broken in the gang section.

How do you think the artists feel they have to suck up and do the Requests.

REMEMBER THEY DON'T GET PAID and I know you guys don't get paid to but come on at least have some sympathy for them.

In return you could at least put the rules for them.

Thanks for reading.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:28 AM

I believe that's up to the GFX section led-by's to decide

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:29 AM Edited by Narcis_speed6, 10 August 2012 - 10:48 AM.

Nope is not, I already decided 200 times that rules should be in place.

edit: and yes I vote for it once again.

xMilSpecRedneck
  • xMilSpecRedneck

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:45 AM

You got my vote!

I do believe there should be a permanent set of rules in placed for the graphic section.
There are many clear problems that could be quickly solved by a couple rules.

Here is another forums I am registered to, that is used for resources on zetaboards forums.
They have a very simple and yet affective rule system set up on there forums and I'm
not saying gta forums needs the same system but if you look at there requests, they
get done quick and affective!

FYI: The forums is called Outlineforums.com and the link below will direct you to the gfx rules.
[Request Limits]
[Requestion Information & Prices]
[Refunds]

Boss Falcone
  • Boss Falcone

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:47 AM

Thank you for your vote.

A J
  • A J

Damned

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

I used to visit the GFX section just to admire the skills and work of the kind GFX artists, now I go and see around half a page of new topics everyday, and usually the same people requesting stuff constantly.

How to solve it? Here's my suggestion (it's harsh, but fair)

Bring back the rules, and enforce them strictly.
e.g.

If "TommySpammer."..posts a request, that doesn't receive a reply after 6 hours, decides to bump it or re-posts another topics before 3 days / 72 hours have passed - 3 day ban.
If "TommySpammer." returns and decides to do the same sh*t again - Perma-ban.

or if "TommySpammer" creates two topics in less than 7 days a part, 3 day ban.

Add the rules to the banner that appears at the topic of the page too, so there are no excuses.

----

Secondly this wouldn't be such a problem, if the Gang Section had the option of creating a new topic removed (Like the Announcements sub-section)...already existing gangs would be strengthened and if a gang did decide to join the forum (and not just some idiot who want's a new gang and GFX every week-month *cough*Josh Stamper*cough*) they could post in a topic called "Want to make a Gang"....giving the ledby's the chance to permit a topic being created.... (sorry it's a suggestion I've made before, but I think the problem is directly related to the GFX request section issue of spam)

Boss Falcone
  • Boss Falcone

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:52 AM

Thank you Very Much for that ajbns87.

It is true before it used to be relaxed now it is bloody worse then the gang section.

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:54 AM

You have my vote. I want it to be implemented as well.

Boss Falcone
  • Boss Falcone

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (shiva s @ Friday, Aug 10 2012, 10:54)
You have my vote. I want it to be implemented as well.

Thanks shiva

sorv
  • sorv

The Hero

• Members

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

Yes i appreciate you Falcone.I vote yes.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:05 AM

Let me also vote for you. I don't go for much requests but still I don't want that ghetto to tear apart.

Boss Falcone
  • Boss Falcone

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:07 AM

Thanks alot Guys keep the votes coming in.

KaRzY6
  • KaRzY6

♧ Sick Kunt ♤

• Members

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:08 AM

You have my vote. I totally agree. The requesters think that we have to do it. Not that I take that many requests, but when I have a look in the section, most of the requesters have no manners and don't realise we do this for fun, we don't get paid.

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:11 AM

Let me add a few quotes from the staff room.

QUOTE (Mark)
Sounds good to me. You guys ain't their personal work force.

QUOTE (Tyler)
It's gotta get annoying to basically get the same requests over and over from kids asking for CONCEPT SHTUFF.

QUOTE (*MURDOC* )
Hell yeah, good proposal dude!

I was getting tired of seeing you guys get used.

Boss Falcone
  • Boss Falcone

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:12 AM

Keep the votes and opinion coming in.

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killaô

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:17 AM

I'm also giving out my vote here. It's possibly one of the most tiring parts of the forum (excluding the GTA V one), so yeah, time to slow things down. wink.gif

Boss Falcone
  • Boss Falcone

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:18 AM

We have 13 votes keep them coming.

Thanks everybody

xMilSpecRedneck
  • xMilSpecRedneck

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:19 AM

What I think would be the most affective:

1. Have a format that member requesting the graphic must use. This would clear up all the questions that people may have on how they want
the graphic constructed. Some people post less then a sentence with no detail and its pretty hard to please them with out complainants.
(of course they would need a format for different graphics ex. gif. avatars, signatures, large gang or event requests)

2. I really do believe one person should only be allowed to make so many requests per day or week. Of course graphic artists is doing this
as a volunteer service towards the forums and most members take advantage of them and there work. Every one here has a
personal life and some one graphic request for there gang sometimes can't be on there priority list.

3. Graphics request's should only be made if the graphic is for use on the GTA Forums. Again you see many people taking advantage of the
gfx artist for there own website or just some type of external site. All over the forums there are rules for no external links or advertising external gang
so I think it should be the same for graphics. There are many different forums that provide services for people who are making there own forums or
websites (outlineforums.com and resources.zetaboards.com).

Theses are just three of the biggest problems I see and my suggestions. I highly agree of the strict bumping rules and
all of suggestions from everyone else. I just hope this is one of the suggestions that staff really implements on the forums. icon14.gif

Boss Falcone
  • Boss Falcone

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:20 AM

I agree with the post above. icon14.gif

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

THR-MC ✠ PREZ

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:24 AM

Here's my two cents.

This forum has many sections and each section has it's led-by's.

The led-by's everywhere else seem to be able to lead their way, within reason of course.

So let the GFX Led-by's do it.

Worse comes to worst and you simply remove it.

So this had my vote.

Mr. Reaper. votes Yes.

--

P.S You really should've made this a Poll to easily record the votes.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:25 AM

I think most of those people that request those bunch of graphics a day are people who make a new gang account, and a new gang and instantly want awesome graphics. Then they get the graphics, they make the gang, spam 25 pages and close after 2-3 days, thus all the work goes to waste. Plus that they are spamming and being annoying. As if that is group of people deliberately making these new gangs and a bunch of account just to annoy people at the gfx and gang section.

But yeah, i vote for those old rules to be back.

Boss Falcone
  • Boss Falcone

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:26 AM

Don't worry Right now we have 15 votes.

I think I should have done that.

xaustinbnrx
  • xaustinbnrx

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:29 AM

Now you have 16. I vote yes.

Boss Falcone
  • Boss Falcone

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:31 AM

Thanks 16 votes people keep them coming in we won't take no for an answer.

blitz
  • blitz

pizzaqueen <3

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:32 AM Edited by blitz, 10 August 2012 - 11:43 AM.

Yes please.

Edit: XTREME0235 pretty much hit the nail right in the head.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Friday, Aug 10 2012, 13:25)
I think most of those people that request those bunch of graphics a day are people who make a new gang account, and a new gang and instantly want awesome graphics. Then they get the graphics, they make the gang, spam 25 pages and close after 2-3 days, thus all the work goes to waste. Plus that they are spamming and being annoying. As if that is group of people deliberately making these new gangs and a bunch of account just to annoy people at the gfx and gang section.

Here's what i mean by this. Just looking at page 1 of GFX area right now.

new gang gfx 1 - http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=520220
new gang gfx 2 - http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=520209
new gang gfx 3 - http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=520150
new gang gfx 4 - http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=520191
new gang gfx 5 - http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=520200
new gang gfx 6 - http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=520164
new gang gfx 7 - http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=520063
new gang gfx 8 - http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=520131
new gang gfx 9 - http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=520136
new gang gfx 10 - http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=520077
new gang gfx 11 - http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=520097
new gang gfx 12 - http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=520080
new gang gfx 13 - http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=520052
new gang gfx 14 - http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=519999
new gang gfx 15 - http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=519060

So that's what 1/3rd of the topics on the 1st page in GFX requests are. Gang graphics for new gangs, and from the same people too, day after day.

Hope i explained this better now. tounge.gif

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:36 AM

Look, I've been doing graphics for people since earlier in 2011 and I must say that since that time the GFX section has come loose on many ends. It's like a bridge that has too much traffic to hold and eventually crumbles to pieces because of the sheer amount of pressure implemented onto it by the drivers (requesters).

I've come to do less and less graphics for people in the most recent weeks due to the sheer ignorance portrayed by some of the pathetic excuses of users posting requests, it has to stop and it has to stop now. I have lost the motivation to perform such tasks here on the forums in terms of requests due to the lack of respect and decency to abide by simple rules, rules which we should of had in the first place.

To sum up my post, I vote 'Yes' for rules to be implemented.
I'm ashamed to see what the GFX section has become as of late.

Boss Falcone
  • Boss Falcone

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:39 AM Edited by Boss Falcone, 10 August 2012 - 11:44 AM.

Thanks everybody because of you guys we have hope.

20 votes keep them coming people.

Simo54321
  • Simo54321

'><'IRONS'><'

• Members

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:42 AM

I vote yes.

XxIrishBlizzardxX
  • XxIrishBlizzardxX

[TSA] Remnant.

• Members

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:46 AM