Quantcast

» «
Photo

Question for everyone

7 replies to this topic

Poll: Which way should the GTA:LC default code be setup? (49 member(s) have cast votes)

Which way should the GTA:LC default code be setup?

1. Original code - Deliver the Cheetah, Stinger, and Infernus in 6 minutes (12 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

2. Beta code - Also deliver a Banshee and Landstalker within 10 minutes (28 votes [70.00%])

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:07 PM

Got a question for everybody.

I came across the source files from GTA3 that are directly from Rockstar. And in looking at that code, I found that Kenji's second mission originally had the player deliver 5 cars in 10 minutes as opposed to 3 cars in 6. The other cars are a Landstalker by Ray's garage and a Banshee in the university. I have recoded the mission so it can be played either way with the switch of a single variable.

My question is, how would you like it defaulted in the next beta?

P.S. work is coming along very nicely on a new beta release. SilentPL has been working very hard at redoing the files that modify the exe to give us a more authentic feel. And I am working on going through our entire script and renaming the variables to what Rockstar named them. Once we get things in a stable place, I will upload a Beta 3.3 package.

Mr. Jago
  • Mr. Jago

Dreams, what are they

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:56 PM

It's kind of the same deal as the Yakuza body guards having Uzis instead of M16's in the PS2 version of "Waka-Gashira Wipeout!", as much as it'd be interesting to play these versions I really think it'd be better to have it as an option, if that's even possible.

Nice to hear about the progress, by the way. Where'd you find these sources?

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:40 PM

There's also an extra car in Bait and 3 extra stands in Espresso-2- Go. The plan is to ultimately have all of these controlled by one variable so they can be easily be turned off or on by the user.

Urban Legend
  • Urban Legend

No, f*ck no.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:44 AM

Longer missions are generally more difficult so go for it!

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:58 AM Edited by Craig Kostelecky, 15 August 2012 - 05:42 PM.

I just played through that mission for the second time and I think it might be a good idea to replace the Landstalker with a PCJ-600. That fits the style of the mission more and had the R* programmers had access to it then, they just might have done the same thing.

While I'm posting, might as well give another beta update. I have finished the big things to do with the scm and I'm going through the whole game with debug off to see if there's any big errors. I'm at Kenji's missions now and it's looking good so far. There's one or two minor things that I'd like another member to finish before I upload a public release. There's one major thing we're working on too, but if that can't be done quickly, it'll be saved for the next version.

I hope to have something uploaded within a week.

Edit: The 3.3 files do have these extra cars enabled, but I changed the Landstalker to a PCJ. I'd like to know people's thoughts about this.

winme05
  • winme05

Ignore username. It's ATOS Productions.

• Members

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

I'd say you make it an option - if you do the default list, Kenji asks you for a Banshee and Landstalker or PCJ-600, but you can tell him if you're not going to. If this can't be done in the VC engine, or would ruin the storyline, sorry...

lol232
  • lol232

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

Maybe a minimum to deliver 3 Vehicles for 9 minutes,
And the other 2-3 are optional.
You have time until it runs out so those 2-3 is to kill the remaining time,
plus if you deliver more then 3 you get a higher reward,
if you deliver all 5-6 you get a bonus...
For 3 Delivered you get 15 Grand, for 4 Delivered you get 20 Grand, for 5 Delivered you get 25 grand and for 6 delivered you get 30 Grand plus bonus 5 Grand and maybe a Unique coloured bulletproof car like...
Ugh, Bulletproof Surf Blue and Ultramarine Yakuza Stinger?

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:05 PM

I've been plugging away at rewriting the missions to match the style of the Rockstar code and to see if they had any other code commented out. And I did find something. The first Toni mission had a 4th laundry van to blow up. So that's now added with the extras2 variable on. There's nothing else that plays differently from the last code, so I wasn't planning on releasing it. But if anybody wants it, I can reupload.

I'm still hoping to get a final version of this mod published soon. If anybody knows how to find ModelingMan, we can hopefully get the ball rolling on that. My goal is to finish by December as that marks the 10th anniversary of when this mod started.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users