Trouble exporting a dff body part
Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:33 AM Edited by XgenDaNcEs, 08 August 2012 - 06:37 AM.
This is EXACTLY what i do...
1. Start 3dsmax with Kam's script installed
2. Under Kam's script, i click "DFF IO" and then "Import DFF" section.
3. I click the little "A" next to "skin the character", it becomes a yellow color.
3. Above the "A" i click the "Import DFF" button and choose a working "head.dff"
4. A message appears saying "The DFF has 3 clumps, please choose one"
5. Up on top, i saw 1 under "Multi. Clump" and changed it to a 3
6. I clicked "Import" and i began working on my head.
7. Once i was done, i went to the Export section on the DFF IO
8. I went to the bottom of the Export section, checked off "as sa body part" and "rename root bone as"
9. Under those 2 checked off boxes was 3 options, "ripped" was highlighted.
10. I click "Bone/Skin Export" and this shows up...
In the picture, i had different things checked off but the same message still appeared after the steps i explained the description above.
I was experimenting, i am very confused
If anyone could help me with as much detailed steps as possible, thank you. A video would be greatly appreciated.
I am trying to make a FPS Russia model, it will be posted online as soon as im done, thanks for your time
Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:31 PM Edited by XgenDaNcEs, 08 August 2012 - 10:22 PM.
Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:26 PM
For san andreas :
-Import CJ head ( While importing you need to clik on "A"
-import the head that you want
-Move the head that you want so it Can be on the CJ head example (mouth in the same position as the CJ mouth)
-now You click on editable mesh of the CJ MODEL (not Skin.Becaus there is +skin and +editable mesh ) and then Vertex and now you select the whole CJ Model (npw it while show red point on the Model.
-you click on attach in the propriete of the model . and then you clik on you Modeled Face . and you click yes or Ok dont cancel or anything
-after that dont touch anything just Clik on Delet in the keyboard .
-Now you have a Skinned HEAD MODEL ! :DDD !
now you are Done clik on +skin then Skip col and as a body part and export. (its named Head.dff)
after that you need to export again for the fat and tin CJ.
-NOW just add append export to DFF and rename root bone to FAT . and export (when you will export this you should click on HEAD.dff) that you exported before-samething for normal)
-and rename Root bone to normal . and export
Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:55 AM
|QUOTE (XgenDaNcEs @ Wednesday, Aug 8 2012, 21:31)|
|Do you mean rig from another game? The head.dff im using is already compatible with San Andreas, i just want to edit it|
no..Rigging is a method of attaching bones to the model...not convert from another game.... just follow that tutorial i have linked...
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users