Photo

Trouble exporting a dff body part

4 replies to this topic
XgenDaNcEs
  • XgenDaNcEs

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:33 AM Edited by XgenDaNcEs, 08 August 2012 - 06:37 AM.

Hello, i have been searching on how to mod GTA through 3dsmax (i have 2009) and have a decent idea. I think im importing my dff files correctly but everytime i try exporting my final work, i get the same error and this was after doing exactly what a friend told me. Before i used to be able to export it but my game crashes so any help that you guys could give me now would be great.

This is EXACTLY what i do...

1. Start 3dsmax with Kam's script installed
2. Under Kam's script, i click "DFF IO" and then "Import DFF" section.
3. I click the little "A" next to "skin the character", it becomes a yellow color.
3. Above the "A" i click the "Import DFF" button and choose a working "head.dff"
4. A message appears saying "The DFF has 3 clumps, please choose one"
5. Up on top, i saw 1 under "Multi. Clump" and changed it to a 3
6. I clicked "Import" and i began working on my head.
7. Once i was done, i went to the Export section on the DFF IO
8. I went to the bottom of the Export section, checked off "as sa body part" and "rename root bone as"
9. Under those 2 checked off boxes was 3 options, "ripped" was highlighted.
10. I click "Bone/Skin Export" and this shows up...

user posted image
In the picture, i had different things checked off but the same message still appeared after the steps i explained the description above.
I was experimenting, i am very confused cryani.gif

If anyone could help me with as much detailed steps as possible, thank you. A video would be greatly appreciated.
I am trying to make a FPS Russia model, it will be posted online as soon as im done, thanks for your time lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

indraCG
  • indraCG

3d Modeller

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:54 AM

you need to rigg it...

here is the tutorial for player rigging : http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=453981

XgenDaNcEs
  • XgenDaNcEs

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:31 PM Edited by XgenDaNcEs, 08 August 2012 - 10:22 PM.

Do you mean rig from another game? The head.dff im using is already compatible with San Andreas, i just want to edit it

Convetors
  • Convetors

Suddently its Me !

• Members

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:26 PM

Hey . you only have "Editable mesh" Here is what you need to Do
For san andreas :
-Import CJ head ( While importing you need to clik on "A"
-import the head that you want
-Move the head that you want so it Can be on the CJ head example (mouth in the same position as the CJ mouth)
-now You click on editable mesh of the CJ MODEL (not Skin.Becaus there is +skin and +editable mesh ) and then Vertex and now you select the whole CJ Model (npw it while show red point on the Model.
-you click on attach in the propriete of the model . and then you clik on you Modeled Face . and you click yes or Ok dont cancel or anything
-after that dont touch anything just Clik on Delet in the keyboard .
-Now you have a Skinned HEAD MODEL ! :DDD !

now you are Done clik on +skin then Skip col and as a body part and export. (its named Head.dff)
after that you need to export again for the fat and tin CJ.
-NOW just add append export to DFF and rename root bone to FAT . and export (when you will export this you should click on HEAD.dff) that you exported before-samething for normal)
-and rename Root bone to normal . and export

indraCG
  • indraCG

3d Modeller

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE (XgenDaNcEs @ Wednesday, Aug 8 2012, 21:31)
Do you mean rig from another game? The head.dff im using is already compatible with San Andreas, i just want to edit it

no..Rigging is a method of attaching bones to the model...not convert from another game.... just follow that tutorial i have linked...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users