[WIP|IV] Mafia:The city of Lost Heaven Rage

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
289 replies to this topic
Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:08 PM

Finally a mod that have progress. I hate to see some mods with a lot of ideas but no progress xD
Anyway, nice job man ! icon14.gif

Alber2gt
  • Alber2gt

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:09 PM Edited by Alber2gt, 06 August 2012 - 05:19 PM.

Timecyc is boring -original GTA 4 timecyc and car needs to be remodeled it will fixed next I hope..
EDIT:
Finally a mod that have progress. I hate to see some mods with a lot of ideas but no progress xD
Anyway, nice job man ! 
Thanks!!I was started mod seriosly with serious aproach to final map.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY Contribution]
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]
    Modding Milestone [IVSA/Ped Paths]
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition][Contribution]

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE (Alber2gt @ Monday, Aug 6 2012, 19:09)
Timecyc is boring -original GTA 4 timecyc and car neds to be remodeled it will fixed next I hope..
EDIT:
Anyway, nice job man ! 
Thanks!!I was started mod seriosly with serious aproach to final map.

Use VisualIV. It's alot easier to work with. IV timecyc has way too many weird values set and it's very blurry. Visual IV is a better start and a lot more clean (32kb file vs. 90kb file)

Parmm
  • Parmm

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:21 PM

If it's finished some time, maybe someone can convert it for SA engine, it would be a nice idea though, the ingame pics are looking good, but the car is little bit funky biggrin.gif
Nice job!

PowerKracker
  • PowerKracker

Get me banned from this sh*thole

• BUSTED!
  • Tuvalu

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:42 PM Edited by AlfredNTheFettuc, 06 August 2012 - 06:08 PM.

Really nice, RAGE alone makes the old models look better.
The wheels do look funky though, are they too small or is the car too big?
Anyway, can't wait to go up a hill in a Model T. I wonder it it's possible to make a clutch script...

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:54 PM

Looks good, man! The mods give you the greenlight for this, I presume?

bigalboz
  • bigalboz

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:09 PM

Awesome mod i wish you good luck bro.

Terreur69
  • Terreur69

C2C - Down The Road

• Members
  • France

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:24 PM

mafia 1 inlove.gif lost heaven inlove.gif can't wait to see the city ! good jobs alber .

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

Looks nice so far. I have 1 single request for you, make this a map mod, not a total conversion. I hate IVSA team for f*cking up the whole game and giving you a SA map. I don't want 5 poly cars in my game tounge.gif

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY Contribution]
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]
    Modding Milestone [IVSA/Ped Paths]
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition][Contribution]

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (Rob.Zombie @ Monday, Aug 6 2012, 21:26)
Looks nice so far. I have 1 single request for you, make this a map mod, not a total conversion. I hate IVSA team for f*cking up the whole game and giving you a SA map. I don't want 5 poly cars in my game tounge.gif

Thanks man, much appreciated.
If you have little gta4 game structure knowledge, you could put the map in a unmodded gta4.

This should be a total conversion.

zdzich981
  • zdzich981

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (Rob.Zombie @ Monday, Aug 6 2012, 19:26)

man please don't leesen kid map year 1930 and hummer , taxi and other car + plane and m16 ? hahahah
if this mod not a total conversion be stupid ....

Gravarty
  • Gravarty

Home Sweet Home

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:49 PM

Finally! Mafia 1 on Modern Engine, don't forget to rig Tommy Angelo :-) Can't wait for more awesome screens.

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:27 AM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Monday, Aug 6 2012, 19:32)

If you have little gta4 game structure knowledge, you could put the map in a unmodded gta4.

I did an IVSA was such a mixture of everything, it was impossible to make the map mod working. For example, I got 1 part of the map mod to work in game, however if I went to a specific place (a lot to be exact) my game crashed. I loaded up a different part of the map, as soon as I got near it, my game crashed.
And I managed to make Gostown work as a map mod.

Why do you people want to ruin your game, and make it look bad? Just use the map mod, then you, yourself download some 1930s stuff if you want to. How hard can it be?

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (Rob.Zombie @ Tuesday, Aug 7 2012, 09:27)

I did an IVSA was such a mixture of everything, it was impossible to make the map mod working. For example, I got 1 part of the map mod to work in game, however if I went to a specific place (a lot to be exact) my game crashed. I loaded up a different part of the map, as soon as I got near it, my game crashed.

Why do you people want to ruin your game, and make it look bad? Just use the map mod, then you, yourself download some 1930s stuff if you want to. How hard can it be?

You don't understand anything...
The point of IV:SA is to port GTA San Andreas to GTA IV. Not only the map, ALL. If you want only the map then it's not a TC it's a map mod. Also, "make it bad" ? You made me laugh. So accoding to you San Andreas on PC/PS2/Xbox is bad because it's not only the map ? Wow. What's the point of downgrading San Andreas as a map mod ? dozingoff.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (Garju67 @ Tuesday, Aug 7 2012, 14:38)

The point of IV:SA is to port GTA San Andreas to GTA IV. Not only the map, ALL. If you want only the map then it's not a TC it's a map mod. Also, "make it bad" ? You made me laugh. So accoding to you San Andreas on PC/PS2/Xbox is bad because it's not only the map ? Wow. What's the point of downgrading San Andreas as a map mod ? dozingoff.gif

Lol so true.
I hope this mod has vehicles. Do you think you may have room to add Empire Bay so there combined in one map?

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Tuesday, Aug 7 2012, 17:48)

Lol so true.
I hope this mod has vehicles. Do you think you may have room to add Empire Bay so there combined in one map?

I don't think so. It has the same issue as driver 3/PL, no one is able to convert vehicles, map, etc.. or is it possible?

PowerKracker
  • PowerKracker

• BUSTED!
  • Tuvalu

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:05 PM

Let's not add Empire Bay into this anyway... it always confused me that there are two cities that look like New York City in the Mafia universe.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (AlfredNTheFettuc @ Tuesday, Aug 7 2012, 18:05)
Let's not add Empire Bay into this anyway... it always confused me that there are two cities that look like New York City in the Mafia universe.

I played Mafia 2 and I heard Lost Heaven mentioned on the radio. Also I havent played the first Mafia and I heard Lost Heaven is based on 1930's Chicago.

PowerKracker
  • PowerKracker

• BUSTED!
  • Tuvalu

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Tuesday, Aug 7 2012, 21:16)
QUOTE (AlfredNTheFettuc @ Tuesday, Aug 7 2012, 18:05)

I played Mafia 2 and I heard Lost Heaven mentioned on the radio. Also I havent played the first Mafia and I heard Lost Heaven is based on 1930's Chicago.

Well, both are mashups anyway, Empire Bay has some elements from San Francisco for example. But Lost Heaven is still evidently New York, having Little Italy, a Chinatown, a central island filled with skyscrapers and all (Chicago would certainly have a Polish district).
I also saw Lost Heaven written on a Shubert Truck alongside Empire Bay and... Brno (nice easter egg, 2K Czech).

Sebianoti
  • Sebianoti

Graphic designer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:48 PM

I think what he meant is converting the cars to rage is a stupid idea, Rage isn't made for low poly crap

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (Sebianoti @ Tuesday, Aug 7 2012, 20:48)

I think what he meant is converting the cars to rage is a stupid idea, Rage isn't made for low poly crap

Well, someone can do some smoothing tounge.gif

I just found out that objects CAN actually be converted from Mafia II. I see a reason for peds and vehicles, but not the map. So what about the idea of using Mafia II peds and vehicles?

PowerKracker
  • PowerKracker

• BUSTED!
  • Tuvalu

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:10 PM

Hmm... if someone actually bothers to remodel the Mafia I vehicles, the Smith Coupe, Smith V8, Smith Truck, Shubert AB and Shubert 38 could save some time.

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (AlfredNTheFettuc @ Tuesday, Aug 7 2012, 21:10)
Hmm... if someone actually bothers to remodel the Mafia I vehicles, the Smith Coupe, Smith V8, Smith Truck, Shubert AB and Shubert 38 could save some time.

I would like to do that, but what about bringing Mafia II's vehicles? confused.gif

Sebianoti
  • Sebianoti

Graphic designer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Tuesday, Aug 7 2012, 21:19)
QUOTE (AlfredNTheFettuc @ Tuesday, Aug 7 2012, 21:10)

I would like to do that, but what about bringing Mafia II's vehicles? confused.gif

They are high quality, worth a shot, always wanted some of them converted =)

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:52 AM

Any more screens? I haven't played Lost Heaven so this is all new to me.

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:00 AM

Ok so let me get this straight.
- Having bad looking, low polygonned, buggy models is better then having higher polygon, accurate, proper models. - Fail #1
- Not being able to play in multiplayer is better then being able to play in multiplayer - Fail #2
- Being forced to use stuff is better then having the option to choose for yourself - Fail #3

You pulled that off nicely mate, I can totally understand why total conversions are better then map mods now. Oh hey there's an awesome game called Super Mario Bros, or Minecraft, you wanna convert those as well?

Seriously make this a map mod, and those who want this to be a goddamn remake of Mafia on a different engine with exactly the same looks, those can rip all those lame models themselves. Or at least make map mod only an option.

Alber2gt
  • Alber2gt

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:09 AM Edited by Alber2gt, 08 August 2012 - 09:16 AM.

Dont worry,I not will to be use low poly crap models(for thouse who cant read(I wrote what buildings and cars will be remodeled in the start of the topic) tounge.gif Some models (identical)will be promised from mafia 2-this is true. New screens today or tomorrow i hope
EDIT:For thouse who dont like mafia cars or mafia Protagonist or weaponns in the setup I will do a choosse (if u want instail only map or all except map or only weapons or only cars etc....)danky well

Sebianoti
  • Sebianoti

Graphic designer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (Alber2gt @ Wednesday, Aug 8 2012, 09:09)
Dont worry,I not will to be use low poly crap models(for thouse who cant read(I wrote what buildings and cars will be remodeled in the start of the topic) tounge.gif Some models (identical)will be promised from mafia 2-this is true. New screens today or tomorrow i hope
EDIT:For thouse who dont like mafia cars or mafia Protagonist or weaponns in the setup I will do a choosse (if u want instail only map or all except map or only weapons or only cars etc....)danky well

Boy am i excited =)

hristobg
  • hristobg

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:46 PM

Sorry for bitching here, but when I tried to post Bully's map to RAGE, noone from the crew allowed me to. This game was published by 2K I think, right? In my case it was even better - it was created by Rockstar. However, I would of be banned maybe if I tried to post a topic. Whatever, sorry dude for spamming your topic.

I just browsed all the pages and all I can say is - good luck with the project! smile.gif Waiting for screens.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (hristobg @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 20:46)
Sorry for bitching here, but when I tried to post Bully's map to RAGE, noone from the crew allowed me to. This game was published by 2K I think, right? In my case it was even better - it was created by Rockstar. However, I would of be banned maybe if I tried to post a topic. Whatever, sorry dude for spamming your topic.

I just browsed all the pages and all I can say is - good luck with the project! smile.gif Waiting for screens.

You have Bully's map in GTA IV? I've been looking for a mod like that for a while now.

Could you PM me the download link?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users